Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2009 11:35 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have to say the movie was very touching, especially for fans who are rooting for Inuyasha and Kagome :D Kaguya is actually pretty strong even though she got defeated by Inuyasha's ultimate move in the end. It would have been interesting to see what happen if she takes on Naraku though as I don't think Naraku would be able to take her down easily^^
Dec 16, 2010 12:42 PM

Feb 2009
I really liked the whole Inuyasha x Kagome vibe this movie had going on, I'm a major shipper. However, I was a tad dissapointed in these because I thought the moments in Affections was actually more genuine feeling. That scene at Goshinboku was probably my favorite scene of the entire series, so it felt like the kiss was trying too hard to outdo it.

I liked that Kagome actually did some stuff this movie. When she took that arrow for Inuyasha, I was actually pretty surprised because stuff like that just doesn't normally happen. However, she just went back to damsel in distress, which dissapointed me a little. I know Kagome is capable of so much more, but they keep shoving her into that role.

I loved the battle scene in the beginning, they were all kicking major butt there.
Oct 28, 2014 9:57 PM
Jan 2014
Second favorite movie for damn sure, just right behind movie 3. This was the first Inuyasha DVD I've ever owned as a kid though, so it brings back way too many memories. The special features and the countdown in the behind the scenes part....man, so great.
Apr 22, 2016 2:03 PM

Feb 2016
Just saw this movie the other day and I really quite liked it, the plot was quite interesting and I was quite shocked when Naraku reappeared in like the last 30 minutes of the movie. All in all, the movie kept me interested and watching. I usually have a bit of trouble watching movies since I usually don't have the attention span/interest a 1hr 1/2 show.

The Inuyasha x Kagome was a really nice subplot to the whole movie although I'm not really big on romance.

The Ending Clip (After Credits) was funny as excepted, typical party. Miroku's bold as always lol. Maybe even a little bolder this one time...

One thing I didn't get though was the 'Celestial Robe'.... it was just like a ridiculous scarf too me.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/inuyasha/images/d/dc/Kaguya_with_the_Celestial_Robe.png/revision/latest?cb=20120708033949

Is that a japanese thing or something I'm unaware of? Is it because of the length it's just referenced as like a full clothing piece, rather than a scarf? Or just a movie thing?
--

No one really discusses the movies here?

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Jun 13, 2016 12:45 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Pterodactyl gg Kagome...

Wow, the battle in the beginning was a close call. Even though the signs of Naraku disappeared, I'm surprised that they didn't think that it was too easy.

I like how they incorporated the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter in this movie.

Hmm...wasn't Akitoki in the TV series as well? Hmm.. maybe I saw it in a preview.

The ending!!! -squeals- :3 So cute. But poor Sango and Kohaku. =(
Jul 14, 2016 10:00 AM

Aug 2013
Fairly interesting take on the classic Japanese folktale, and that sneaky Naraku using Kohaku leading to some rather horrific imagery.
Sep 15, 2017 8:41 PM

Oct 2016
I think the plot of this movie was a lot better than the first one. Where the first movie just felt like an extended episode of the regular series, this one had a lot more complexity with the different storylines from each of the characters coming together and the twists in the second half. Although the watch guide I'm using told me to watch this after episode 95, which is weird considering
Aug 25, 2019 8:42 AM

Jul 2015
Got a bit confused at the start of the movie, but it looks like some alternative reality where they have defeated Naruku and the aftermath of that.

This movie must have been confusing when it came out, like suddenly seeing the big evil die at the start

Dec 27, 2019 6:57 PM

Aug 2017
Overall it was decent but the kiss between Kagome and Inuyasha was great.
Oct 26, 2020 5:12 AM

Dec 2007
there's great directing and ideas in the film, but i'm rather disappointed by the story which was very close to the first movie, especially the villain who got the same personality of "you half demon!" "how could half demon/mortal to defy me!" and etc, but the end really surprised me, not only kagomexinuyasha but naraku, they did what i wished them to do in the first movie, that was great ending.

the animation really got better and much more consistent, i liked it better than the first movie.

other thing that annoyed me is miroku who actually wished to have the wind tunnel, which he supposed to treat as a curse, but otherwise, there's a lot of great things here.

8/10
Nov 30, 2020 4:41 PM
Apr 2016
Liked this one way more than the first one, especially because the animation quality was just great! While the whole kiss-equivalating-to-remedy thing was just blatant power of friendship/love, it was still a nice scene in my opinion.

And sure, User-Name is right, however, the "you half-demon" has been spammed all over the place in canon stuff too.. it's ad-nauseam consistently throughout the series.

6/10
Nov 8, 2021 2:25 PM

Apr 2013
Wow... in a bad way. Not sure what they smoked when they wrote the story of this movie, just all around awful. Kaguya beating Inuyasha? Kikyo just giving away buddha's cup for the lulz? Naraku just randomly appearing out of Kohaku? And so many other things which made no sense or were just dumb...
May 25, 2022 10:28 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, both of Kaguya's forms is such a beauty! I'd love to be her servant and just serve her forever in that timeless mansion!

Anyway, that was much better than the first movie. It didn't feel like boring filler. 8/10
Aug 14, 2022 9:11 AM

Jan 2018
I accidentally watched this movie thinking it was the first movie... oh well.
Thankfully all the movies have original plots that have nothing to do with the manga/anime canon so I didn't see any spoilers. Everything seemed to be the same as what I last watched in episode 56 of the TV series... which is a bit disappointing tbh.

What is related to the manga canon of this movie however is the character design. It looks closer to the manga which is cool but I don't think it suits animation. The regular TV series character design is a lot better albeit it's not as if the movie design is unwatchable. However, I really loved the character design of Kaguya. I also liked the use of digital animation in this movie.

The plot of this movie is just crazy. I didn't expect Naraku to just up and die in like the first 10 minutes of the movie. I thought this movie would be like its own thing which takes place independently of the main story so it could fit in nicely in the canon which it kind of does I guess. Instead, Naraku didn't actually die but faked his death and everything returned to the status quo by the end of the movie. The only scene I didn't like in this movie was Kagome taming Inuyasha's demon form by the power of love. It's a nice scene and it's not as if it doesn't fit InuYasha but it's just so cliche.
Sep 10, 2022 10:57 PM

Feb 2020
It felt pretty good watching this. I loved the stakes too even though it's a non canon movie.
gunk.

More topics from this board

» Aww :DD

Lilly1x - Feb 9, 2009

1 by zeroj »»
Oct 13, 2009 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.