Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2009 11:28 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This is actually one of the best Inuyasha movie i seen. It's good to see a third blade(Sou'unga) brought into action not to mention Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru actually team up well :D We don't normally get to see Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru's father so it's actually good to see him here^^
Dec 5, 2009 3:56 AM

Mar 2008
Definitely enjoyed this one. It was funny to see Inuyasha and Sesshomaru taking whatever opportunity they could get to fight each other. Even when they had to fight the same opponent it was tough for them to get along.

That's Sesshomaru for you. Even at the end he made sure to say he had no one to protect. He can really be dishonest about how he feels. Still good that he fulfilled Rin's hopes and arrived just in time to save the day. Though if pressed would only say he stepped in because he wanted to fight.

Liked seeing Inuyasha's father and really these kinds of things are the only time you will since he was dead at the start of it. His plans with the swords makes sense. Had something he wished each son to gain and hoped they would work together when it counted.
Dec 16, 2010 11:27 AM

Apr 2009
This was probably the best of the inuyasha movies. was fairly enjoyable, gave a decent backstory, and a bit of character development. good stuff
May 8, 2016 3:13 PM
Apr 2016
Some of these movies make no sense at all. I get that it is used to make some money and promote it, but honestly but those who watch the series, it just seems very tedious. But for grabbing more support, I don't blame them.
Jun 16, 2016 5:23 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
^ As a fan of this series, watching the movies do no make it tedious for me. We get to see content that we might have missed in the series and it brings back nostalgia.

Whoa, young Sesshomaru. And baby InuYasha! <3

=/ Damn, so messed up how that guy killed the mother...

Surprised that Miroku confessed to Sango like that =o (without touching her either lol)

Awesome movie because of InuYasha and Sesshomaru
Oct 19, 2016 10:54 PM

Feb 2015
I don't know if that sword's story is canon but at least the introduction is very good. With all the other things is a regular movie that you don't need to watch to follow InuYasha's original story.
Jul 1, 2017 11:37 AM

Jun 2015
This is what I wanted to see for so long. I didn't even know it existed. I lost hope after I finished watching the main series and there was nothing about their father but tales.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 27, 2019 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
Great movie, really nice to see Inuyasha's father in human form and get some backstory at the time of Inuyasha's birth

Pretty awesome to see Inuyasha and Sesshomaru work together to defeat the sword, their parents must be proud after all these years

I wonder how much worse it could have been if Naruku with the almost completed jewel had the Sou'unga.

Sep 29, 2019 11:50 AM

Jun 2017
I was actually having a fan fiction-mode were InuYasha get to see his father and realized that his father was actually the exact image of Sesshoumaru after all. Having to tell Sesshoumaru that he was lucky to get to talk and see their father's face only to find out that he has seen him all this time, would be a mind-blowing scene! Not to mention, ironic! Which we don't often see in InuYasha series/movies.

Pardon me of my fantasies. But I do enjoy it every now and then.

Thus far, I'd watch InuYasha movie 1,2, and 3 and I'm enjoying this one better than the rest. It's more comical; and of course...I get to see a lot of Sesshoumaru, my favorite character.

I have to mention, that I was so livid at "InuYasha movie 2" where they had to introduce Sesshoumaru in the introduction of the movie despite not having him in the story. It was ludicrous!

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Dec 28, 2019 5:35 PM

Aug 2017
This was a excellent movie show casing the past. Filled with Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru action.
Nov 3, 2020 8:15 AM

Dec 2007
best movie so far.

the final battle was not that interesting and the end was a bit rushed, but the story really was great.

8/10
Nov 30, 2020 6:22 PM
Apr 2016
The incredibly melancholic atmosphere — a clear product of the studio putting in extra effort — was incredibly appealing to me, it added a lot to my enjoyment (the animation obviously did too; in fact, it was even better than in the last movie). Focused on Sesshomaru for the most part (one of my favorite InuYasha characters), we consequently had a lot of awesome moments with him!

6.5/10
Jul 2, 2021 4:11 AM

May 2019
Best Inuyasha movie so far.

Nov 9, 2021 11:47 AM

Apr 2013
I'm glad this movie isn't canon, because if that last scene would actually have happened... Kagome would be a colossal bitch.
May 25, 2022 1:31 PM

Nov 2010
I want to wield Sounga! Damn, it can make you look badass and also I want to cleanse this planet of humans or at least cull the population to a manageable amount. I want to usher in a utopia for the 500 million that survives, with me as the supreme ruler!

"For Sesshoumaru" lmao.

Nice movie! it was cool to have a glimpse of the past and seeing Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru together is a treat. 8/10
Nov 3, 2022 4:19 AM

Jan 2018
Love it when the studios try to expand on the existing story, especially when the original author has no interest in exploring them. And I think it succeeded too.

The previous 2 movies tried to randomly bring in some random villains as if they were a big deal but they end up feeling not so impactful. This movie introduced some new characters too but kept the focus exclusively on Inuyasha or the Great Dog General's family and that's why it succeeds and is the best of the Inuyasha movies. (I didn't watch Movie 4 yet but I heard it's the worst one so keeping my expectations low)

Of course, there are some things that don't make much sense. It's inevitable because the story wasn't written by Rumiko Takahashi (though she might've acted as a supervisor but those rarely help). Like, why does Inuyasha's father suddenly have a 3rd sword now which was never mentioned before? Why does he already have the Tenseiga and the Tetsusaiga? Didn't he commission Tototasai to make those specifically for his sons? Why are Kagome and the others acting so familiar with Rin? Anyways, these are just small details that I can overlook.

Inuyasha and Sesshomaru (barely) working together was fun to watch.
Aug 20, 2023 1:54 PM
Dec 2013
Miroku gropes Sango's ass.
She gives him a black eye and calls him a pervert.
Sep 5, 2023 6:40 PM

Jul 2021
I was my favorite Inuyasha movie so far. To be really honest, the quality improved a lot from the second movie to this one, not only that, but the story was so interesting. There were no such thing as search for Naraku or cry because of Kikyo, which makes me so relieved, since those two topics, even if they are important to the series, started to feel so annoying and repetitive. Also, we got to see more of Sesshomaru, and Inuyasha's past! I loved seeing younger Sesshomaru, he was so cute, and baby Inuyasha too! I wish we had more content with their father, he seemed so cool! I would love to hear how he fell in love with a human, their love story, and cute moments between them.
Another thing that I loved was how they kept it very close to the real universe, not like that one episode where Shippo holds Tessaiga and nothing happens to him, even tho he is a full yokai -_- anyway, this movie was amazing, I loved from the beginning to the end!
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.