Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 2, 2009 12:47 AM
Nov 2007
Ariana said:
Just because for now the focus is on the male characters (not that Road or Renee or whatever her name is aren't there too, though) doesn't mean it's shounen-ai. Two lonely kids becoming friends is not shounen-ai, it's just two kids becoming friends. No evidence of homolust so far.

All I said was it feels like a shounen-ai now. I'm not saying that simply because of the focus on male characters, but also on the bishounen design and obvious lack of female characters.

It's like Nabari no Ou. It's shounen, but with shounen-ai undertones.
Nov 2, 2009 5:54 AM

Aug 2008
Nick_xD said:
Massive wtf. Art looks different. And what's going on?

Yeah, I agree. More or less, Allen and the others look strange. Maybe it's because we haven't read DGM for such a long time...

Ikisa said:
Why are there so much color pages and other stuff? At first i thought that this chapter has 45 pages but 15 of them are color, some commercial and other stuff that has nothing to do with the chapter.

I agree! That was not enough to quell my DGM hunger for a month.!

I feel like DGM is being rushed. We finally get an updated chapter and it's foreshadowing the end of DGM. I hope not.. I neeeeeed more!
Nov 2, 2009 6:25 AM

Jun 2008
yes!! DGM is back!!

wow, kanda is getting prettier.

and yes, i agree the chapter seems rushed and i need to read the prev chapter to get the gist of it.

despite that, i am genuinely looking forward to reading it next month
Nov 2, 2009 7:22 AM

Feb 2008
Thanks got the seralization is here but... what's with the "the end draws near" in the beginning, I'm getting scared Hoshino-sensei plans to end it quickly T___T

Still, the chapter cover is so damn gorgeous *____* Much better than the art in last chapter and Allen looks older >///<

But poor Kanda >< I'm afraid Noah will use him to fight against Exorcists. And that story with Kanda and Alma seems so sad, poor kids ;___;
Nov 2, 2009 7:57 AM

Sep 2008
god, just kill me now.
it was TERRIBLE, I don't know what's going on, everything is to much... ech, nevermind.

I like Bak and Earl's styles, they are pretty good.
but Allen... damn, I'm sick when I'm look at him. Kanda is like Allen from the Ark. LOL.
Nov 2, 2009 8:17 AM

Mar 2008
I like Hoshino's new style. At least Kanda doesn't look like a girl anymore (well, he kinda did in the new chapter, but I mean overall lol). I just wish Tyki would still wear those elegant outfits. ;__;

bwahahachick said:
Exactly. Kanda wasn't even coherent enough in this chapter anyway to warrant him being "out of character". He pretty much just stared at Alma and we got some backstory on them. lol at this shounen-ai business.

Yea, he just looked shocked, which was understandable considering the situation. It's not like he's a freaking machine after all. Kanda just doesn't angst without a good reason. It's possible that now he will have a reason and I actually can't wait to see some Kanda!angst as long as he gets a happy ending.

radiantfire said:
All I said was it feels like a shounen-ai now. I'm not saying that simply because of the focus on male characters, but also on the bishounen design and obvious lack of female characters.

It's like Nabari no Ou. It's shounen, but with shounen-ai undertones.

Male characters have always been a bunch of bishies (with a few exceptions) in this manga, so it's not like there's a sudden change in this department. I don't see why you would suddenly bring this up now. Female characters are pretty too (Eliade, Anita, Lenalee, Miranda, Lou Fa, Fou...).

And female characters have always been there. Plus Lenalee and Road are both major characters. Anyways, go two chapters back and you'll find some girls. It's only been two chapters since the hiatus and you're "ZOMG it's getting shounen-ai." Lenalee got her backstory, Miranda had a whole volume devoted to her as well, now apparently it's time for Kanda's backstory and, oh noes, it happens to have something to do with another male character. Also note that Lavi, Komui, or Bookman aren't around much atm either and they're male characters. >_>

In Nabari the focus on relationships is much stronger. Here it's more of the nakama kinda thing except for a few pairings, like Krory/Eliade or Cross/Anita (so gay).

Nov 2, 2009 8:29 AM

Sep 2008
Ariana said:
Also note that Lavi, Komui, or Bookman aren't around much atm either and they're male characters. >_>

THAT'S FUCKING RIGHT!
where is Lavi, Lavi whose got ONLY ONE, small fight on Ark, when the rest had a great beattles?
and Bookman, this old and clever grandpa.
Komui... poor chief D:
I really miss them.

Ariana said:
I like Hoshino's new style. At least Kanda doesn't look like a girl

he's looking MORE AND MORE like a girl.
damn.
Nov 2, 2009 8:54 AM

Mar 2008
mc said:
damn.

In this chapter he does, but other than that, he looks waaay more masculine than at the beginning of the manga. He just looked like a girl back then.

Nov 2, 2009 8:55 AM

Feb 2008
Kanda did look "prettier" at some points in this chapter, but in general his character design has gotten more mature and masculine looking. That much is evident when you look at the level 4 battle with Kanda and Allen, or even the previous chapter. Besides, maybe Hoshino made him look "prettier" than usual this chapter because she wasn't sure how else to draw an emotional/softer Kanda lol.

Wow, I didn't know that good looking guys being around eachother with no females present automatically turns them all gay... interesting.
Nov 2, 2009 9:01 AM

Mar 2008
Konayuki_Winter said:
Besides, maybe Hoshino made him look "prettier" than usual this chapter because she wasn't sure how else to draw an emotional/softer Kanda lol.

This makes sense. XD Anyways, he looked so cuuuuute there. ♥

Actually, all manga with male characters in them are gay!
ArianaNov 2, 2009 9:17 AM

Nov 2, 2009 9:01 AM

Sep 2008
Ariana said:
mc said:
damn.

In this chapter he does, but other than that, he looks waaay more masculine than at the beginning of the manga. He just looked like a girl back then.

he's always looked like a girl. everybody said so when I showed them him.
and I think Hoshino don't want to change it. very bad.

Konayuki_Winter said:
Wow, I didn't know that good looking guys being around eachother with no females present automatically turns them all gay... interesting.

kill Lenalee, please, and make LaviAllen love! <3

...btw, I still dream about Lavi as a Heart.
yuucchiNov 2, 2009 9:10 AM
Nov 2, 2009 9:19 AM

Mar 2008
To be honest, I wouldn't mistake Kanda for a girl in most panels in the later chapters even if I didn't know he's a guy. He's pretty, but he still does look like a guy most of the time. He's still one of the manliest characters personality-wise anyway.

Nov 2, 2009 9:22 AM

Apr 2009
Ariana said:
To be honest, I wouldn't mistake Kanda for a girl in most panels in the later chapters even if I didn't know he's a guy. He's pretty, but he still does look like a guy most of the time. He's still one of the manliest characters personality-wise anyway.

This, lol. I don't know where do all the 'he looks like a girl' comments come from.
mc said:
make LaviAllen love! <3

D: nuuu
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 2, 2009 9:23 AM

Sep 2008
you know, we are people who are reading and wainting for dgm.
but when somebody lok at him at first time he/she think at first 'a girl?' or something like that.

Ariana said:
He's still one of the manliest characters personality-wise anyway.

but now he has got another personality. maybe... nicer? that's NOT Kanda, it shouldn't be like that.

Cenedess said:
mc said:
make LaviAllen love! <3

why not?
Nov 2, 2009 9:30 AM

Apr 2009
mc said:
you know, we are people who are reading and wainting for dgm.
but when somebody lok at him at first time he/she think at first 'a girl?' or something like that.

Ariana said:
He's still one of the manliest characters personality-wise anyway.

but now he has got another personality. maybe... nicer? that's NOT Kanda, it shouldn't be like that.

Cenedess said:
mc said:
make LaviAllen love! <3

why not?

Just don't like the idea xD But that's just my opinion. LaviLee is the way to go (if at all).

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 2, 2009 9:33 AM

Sep 2008
Cenedess said:
LaviLee is the way to go (if at all).

Lenalee is only for Kanda, she need somebody calm.
but it's only my opinion ; )
Nov 2, 2009 9:35 AM

Apr 2009
mc said:
Cenedess said:

Heh, wouldn't be bad either, you're right.
But I think we both agree that Lavi needs more scenes in this 'new' DGM D:

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 2, 2009 9:38 AM

Sep 2008
Cenedess said:

YES!! D:
poor Lavi, in this chapter he had only a little space on cover.
Nov 2, 2009 9:40 AM

Apr 2009
mc said:
mc said:
Cenedess said:

YES!! D:

I still managed to enjoy this, even if it was only that little D:
Also,
mc said:

me too.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 2, 2009 9:46 AM

Sep 2008
Cenedess said:
mc said:
Cenedess said:

YES!! D:

I still managed to enjoy this, even if it was only that little D:

me to, I belived he will be this time when I saw the cover D:
he's new line isn't bad, but I prefer his another line.

Cenedess said:
Also,
mc said:

me too.

the best way <3
Nov 2, 2009 10:57 AM

Feb 2008
Ariana said:

This makes sense. XD Anyways, he looked so cuuuuute there. ♥

He really did look super cute X3. Although seeing him actually show emotion outside of anger breaks my heart a bit ;_;.
mc said:

Just because he showed emotion towards his past doesn't mean his personality is different, if anything his rough past explains his current cold personality. When said past is thrown back in his face it's obvious it would break his cold exterior a bit. When you go through hell and back with someone it makes sense you form a bond with them, especially when you are only children, so how could Kanda not react to seeing him again? This doesn't mean he is "nice" now, it just means he's shocked, confused, etc etc. It's possible to show other emotions you usually don't in circumstances such as this; that doesn't mean it rewrites your entire personality though.
Nov 2, 2009 11:07 AM

Sep 2008
Konayuki_Winter said:
so how could Kanda not react to seeing him again? This doesn't mean he is "nice" now, it just means he's shocked, confused, etc etc. It's possible to show other emotions you usually don't in circumstances such as this; that doesn't mean it rewrites your entire personality though.

I doesn't mean 'in this chapter', but from few chapters he is nicer. and this isn't Kanda from the beginning. I mean, he can be a little nicer, but what he does in last chapters... no comments.
it's normal for people when they see 'lost' friend from the past.
Nov 2, 2009 12:01 PM

Aug 2008
Cenedess said:
mc said:
Cenedess said:

Heh, wouldn't be bad either, you're right.

no one is going to end up with anyone till the war is resolved then start guessing match up near the ending.
Nov 2, 2009 12:11 PM

Sep 2008
Chimasternmay said:
no one is going to end up with anyone till the war is resolved then start guessing match up near the ending.

I agree, this is right.
now we can only speculate pairings.
LETITBELAVIALLENPRETTYPLEASE!
Nov 2, 2009 12:21 PM

Mar 2008
mc said:
I doesn't mean 'in this chapter', but from few chapters he is nicer. and this isn't Kanda from the beginning. I mean, he can be a little nicer, but what he does in last chapters... no comments.

Pffft. Yes, he was indeed too nice when he punched Bak, like, two chapters ago. >_> LOL
But honestly, Kanda has never been a total asshole. He just acts this way and one of the reasons is that he believes he doesn't have much time left. He doesn't want others to get too attached to him and he doesn't want anyone's pity either. But even in earlier chapters he often acted like he didn't care, but ended up helping others anyway.
So what did he do in the last few chapters that was so out-of-character? Any examples? For now it seems you don't really know what you're talking about.

As for Kanda in this chapter itself, I just agree with Konayuki_Winter. Nothing to add really.

Konayuki_Winter said:

He really did look super cute X3. Although seeing him actually show emotion outside of anger breaks my heart a bit ;_;.

I know, poor Kanda. ;_; I wonder what he'll have to go through in the following chapters. D:

Oh, and Lavi/Allen exist only in fangirls' dreams. It doesn't even make any sense. Lavi/Lenalee or Allen/Lenalee maybe, but this isn't a shoujo manga anyway. Instead of speculating pairings, it's better to focus on the plot.
ArianaNov 2, 2009 12:29 PM

Nov 2, 2009 12:31 PM

Sep 2008
Ariana said:
Yes, he was indeed too nice when he punched Bak, like, two chapters ago. >_> LOL
But honestly, Kanda has never been a total asshole. He just acts this way and one of the reasons is that he believes he doesn't have much time left. He doesn't want others to get too attached to him and he doesn't want anyone's pity either. But even in earlier chapters he often acted like he didnt' care, but ended up helping others anyway.
So what did he do in the last few chapters that was so out-of-character? Any examples? For now it seems you don't really know what you're talking about.

about this punch I have nothing to say, he shouldn't do it. but!
seriously, I don't think he want to help couse he hadn't much time left. he's helping, and only it.
he was better when he was quite.

Ariana said:
Oh, and Lavi/Allen exist only in fangirls' dreams. It doesn't even make any sense. Lavi/Lenalee or Allen/Lenalee maybe, but this isn't a shoujo manga anyway. Instead of speculating pairings, it's better to focus on the plot.

these two are the worst. to sweet, bleh.

(i tak, dopiero teraz zauważyłam, że jesteś z Polski 'xd)
Nov 2, 2009 12:41 PM
Sep 2008
Ariana said:

Amen to that...
Nov 2, 2009 12:44 PM

Sep 2008
Marinaaaaa said:
Ariana said:

Amen to that...

what do you mean?
Nov 2, 2009 12:47 PM
Sep 2008
mc said:
Marinaaaaa said:
Ariana said:

Amen to that...

what do you mean?

That I completely agree with what Ariana said... Sometimes irrational shipping wars can be tiring...
Nov 2, 2009 12:48 PM
Apr 2009
i had to agree it is a bit rushed however i don't think hoshino is going towards the gay approach ,also about the fact that kanda didn't have a fight ,maybe because there wasn't one!! i mean if you go back to the previous chapter you will see that the noah used his evil eye against him and maybe paralysed him then ,and that exists in many other anime and manga ,he used the eye attack and kanda lost that is all there is to it
Nov 2, 2009 12:51 PM

Sep 2008
Marinaaaaa said:
mc said:

what do you mean?

That I completely agree with what Ariana said... Sometimes irrational shipping wars can be tiring...

you know, for me LaviLenalee/AllenLenalee are irrational.
but it's only my opinion. wars between shipping are neverending.
Nov 2, 2009 1:25 PM

Mar 2008
Marinaaaaa said:
Sometimes irrational shipping wars can be tiring...

Exactly. I often get the impression that many people read/watch stuff mostly for the damned pairings. It's sad, especially when they start hating on some characters only because they get in the way of their imaginary couples.

But that's going off-topic now. XD

And I agree that there probably wasn't any major fight involving Kanda in the previous chapter because he just got knocked out easily. Tyki and Allen were totally fighting, though. I wish they had shown more of their fight.

mc said:

Not any more irrational than Lavi/Allen.

(I tak, jestem z Polski. XD)

Nov 2, 2009 1:38 PM
Nov 2007
"ZOMG it's getting shounen-ai."

It's my opinion. If you disagree, don't mock it. :)
radiantfireNov 2, 2009 1:42 PM
Nov 2, 2009 1:59 PM

Apr 2009
Ariana said:
Marinaaaaa said:
Sometimes irrational shipping wars can be tiring...

Exactly. I often get the impression that many people read/watch stuff mostly for the damned pairings. It's sad, especially when they start hating on some characters only because they get in the way of their imaginary couples.

But that's going off-topic now. XD

And I agree that there probably wasn't any major fight involving Kanda in the previous chapter because he just got knocked out easily. Tyki and Allen were totally fighting, though. I wish they had shown more of their fight.

mc said:

Not any more irrational than Lavi/Allen.

(I tak, jestem z Polski. XD)

Nuuu, lets end the shipping war before it starts D:

(to jest nas trójka xD)

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 2, 2009 2:06 PM

Jan 2009
Ariana said:

This. Shounen manga are generally known for not being focused on romantic relationships, especially not BL ones considering the target audience are young *males*. While I am not the biggest fan of shounen-ai/yaoi (although I hate the fandom more than anything), I do ship a lot of pairings that have a snowballs chance in hell of ever becoming canon. However, I'm perfectly happy with my fanfiction and fanart.

I rather DGM not have any canon pairings, even at the end. Leave it to fan's interpretations. There's no need for it in this type of series.

On a side note: I feel as if I'm the only one here who does not care for Kanda. The guy has been a prick to practically everyone in the series, and I have yet to see a good reason for him to be.
Nov 2, 2009 8:18 PM

Feb 2008
Ariana said:

I know, poor Kanda. ;_; I wonder what he'll have to go through in the following chapters. D:

I know ;_;! It seems like Wisely may plan on taking over Kanda and Alma and use them against the Order, or at least something along those lines. I just don’t know what the Order is going to do… they are at a HUGE disadvantage with so many opponents and only Allen being present to fight atm.

Celenas said:

On a side note: I feel as if I'm the only one here who does not care for Kanda. The guy has been a prick to practically everyone in the series, and I have yet to see a good reason for him to be.

Well, it’s totally fine for you to not like Kanda, but I’ll try and give a quick sum up of why I think Kanda’s cold personality is reasonable lol. (Ariana already pointed out how Kanda isn’t a total asshole on the previous page though~)

For starters, Kanda has what you could call a solider mentality. Basically, he puts the mission ahead of personal feelings – which he seems to generally cut off altogether. In all reality, saving a piece of innocence over a Finder’s life is probably better for the outcome of the war. That may make him seem cold, but Kanda isn’t there to make friends, he’s there to fight a war. That’s not to say Kanda won’t save someone when he can though, he’s helped others multiple times.

Also, when you think about this chapter – he was experimented on as a kid and had one friend who he thought he lost. That was probably very traumatic for him, and having to go through such a loss probably showed him the realities of war and made him distance himself as to not be hurt again.
Nov 2, 2009 8:33 PM

Jul 2008
Konayuki_Winter said:
Also, when you think about this chapter – he was experimented on as a kid and had one friend who he thought he lost. That was probably very traumatic for him, and having to go through such a loss probably showed him the realities of war and made him distance himself as to not be hurt again.
I want to add that Kanda is also screwed in that he is constantly hallucinating. He sees Lotus flowers everywhere, something that has only gotten worse over the years. That really must take a toll on him mentally. He also has the ability to regenerate, but it also means he is going to die young.

BEGINNER
Nov 3, 2009 8:27 AM

Jan 2009
It's not so much the fact that he's cold that bothers me, because I can't blame him on that. It's the fact that he can be downright disrespectful sometimes. I think it was one of the encounters with him early in the series between him and the finders, really gave me a sour impression of him. Also, when the supposed "bad guys" of the series seem to care more about their fellow teammates than he does, it really doesn't say much for him as a person. I realize he does give a tiny fragment of a damn about some of them deep down, but it's his attitude the strikes me the wrong way.

That, and I find him to be the lovechild of Sasuke and Mikagami, so perhaps I'm a tad biased in my dislike of him. =p
Nov 3, 2009 12:15 PM
Aug 2008
What's up with Hoshino? Everyones a bishounen now? God, that's just stupid fanservice, looks like KHR.
And why so a complicated illogical story? Why so many new Noah? What happend to the good old DGM?!

Hopefully Hoshino goes back to where DGM were or ends it once and for all. It's ridiculous how everything turned out.
Nov 3, 2009 12:32 PM

Dec 2008
YAY ITS BACK!!!!!!!!
::: (\(\
*: (=' :') :*
•.. (,('')('')¤°﹒‧°‧° ☆.(¯`•.•´¯)
.°☆ ‧°‧°☆∴° ☆ ¤º… `•.¸.•´ ☆™
Nov 3, 2009 12:58 PM

Apr 2009
Oh my god. Over all this time i had forgotten how beautiful Kanda was..
I hope nothing bad happens to him, im going to cry if he dies or something.

I want the next chapter..
Anyone know when its coming out?
Is it monthly now? weekly?
Nov 3, 2009 6:22 PM

Jul 2008
Shancakeschan said:
I want the next chapter..
Anyone know when its coming out?
Is it monthly now? weekly?

DGM is now a monthly publication within Jump SQ

While half the stuff these past two chapters just went flying over my head, I still can't help but enjoy it. Kanda's backstory, which Hoshino hinted hinted to waaaay back in volume 2, is finally unraveling, more difficult enemies are revealed, and the Order's back to being endangered once more. I really can't wait till next month's publication~

As for the art style, I've scanlated a series with much more horrible art that makes this look like a masterpiece. I really can't complain anyways...And I can still tell the main characters apart enough, though the disciples all look the same to me. >_>;;
Nov 3, 2009 10:01 PM

Aug 2009
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

i am sorry for this non sensible screaming, but this is all I can say right now, for I've just finished reading the chapter....

i can only say this: NEXT CHAPTER, NOW!

Nov 4, 2009 2:11 AM
Jul 2008
Oh God the cover art was love~ Lavi just got hotter! -drools- And, is it just me or Lenalee's boobs got bigger since last time? XD And YAY for Cover Link! <3

ahin said:
OMFG. OMFG!
I hope they kill Leverrier! Kill I say! >:

My thoughts exactly~

Jaymie said:
The Millennium Earl should be in his super-sexy human form more often. I guess I should start calling him Adam, now that we know his real name?

;_; So I'm not the only one who thinks Earl's/Adam's Human form is really sexy :hugs:

Ikisa said:
So Alma is THAT PERSON... no doubt about it.

I seriously don't think he is "that person". One, because of Master Zhu's statement and two, because of Kanda's shocked expression upon seeing Alma. If they fought against one another when they were kids, and Kanda won, wouldn't it mean that Alma "died" in the battle? If he had 'survived', Kanda would've known and wouldn't take 9 years to search for him when he was under his nose. And the shocked expression in this chapter clearly shows that Kanda wasn't aware of Alma's "survival" which means Alma isn't "that person".

Ikisa said:
On page 32 Kanda looks like a girl, seriously he reminded me of Lenalee xD

This.

LingeringEmbrace said:
Kanda looked SO CUTE when he woke up!! :3 Really the kind of face he would have only in some doujinshi. Awesome!!

Hoshino's been reading doujinshis lately? XD

hanabiii said:
About Earl I thought it was pretty clear, after all he said "I am Adam, the first apostle "the Millenium Earl"" and then he started transforming.

This page gives me confidence that the Earl's pedobear-like 'big'-form is actually a disguise and that the human form is the real one. ¯3¯

hanabiii said:

Also I laughed at Louvelier being captured and who's gonna save his ass? oh yeah Allen

If he's gonna trial Allen again after this ordeal, I swear, he'd be a total a$$!

Celenas said:
Ariana said:

This. Shounen manga are generally known for not being focused on romantic relationships, especially not BL ones considering the target audience are young *males*. While I am not the biggest fan of shounen-ai/yaoi (although I hate the fandom more than anything), I do ship a lot of pairings that have a snowballs chance in hell of ever becoming canon. However, I'm perfectly happy with my fanfiction and fanart.

I rather DGM not have any canon pairings, even at the end. Leave it to fan's interpretations. There's no need for it in this type of series.

While I do agree with what you said about pairings, I am compelled to say that even though DGM is a shounen series(which btw almost borders to seinen since I've seen some complaining about how complex it has become >.>) "targeted to young males", you must remember that the author is a female. Generally speaking, how many shounen series have you seen/read that had a female author? 'Cause I'm really curious. :)
AlmaMatsuNov 4, 2009 2:34 AM
Nov 4, 2009 3:24 AM

Aug 2008
lol there is more discussion about parings then the plot, even when the manga has nothing going on that is stopping/starting any one paring.
Nov 4, 2009 6:08 AM

Jan 2009
diannaa said:
While I do agree with what you said about pairings, I am compelled to say that even though DGM is a shounen series(which btw almost borders to seinen since I've seen some complaining about how complex it has become >.>) "targeted to young males", you must remember that the author is a female. Generally speaking, how many shounen series have you seen/read that had a female author? 'Cause I'm really curious. :)

Rumiko Takahashi says hi.

The gender of the author has little to do with the genre of the manga. And while there are a number of female fans of DGM and shounen manga in general, the fact that it was published by Shounen Jump for the past several years is fact enough that the main target audience is male. I doubt a main character being gay would go over well.
Nov 4, 2009 8:35 AM

Apr 2009
diannaa said:
Generally speaking, how many shounen series have you seen/read that had a female author? 'Cause I'm really curious. :)

FMA (not only the best shounen series ever, but also the best MANGA ever), KHR, Pandora Hearts (now matter what your opinion is on Gil/Oz, it's still shounen xD), Nabari no Ou (if I'm not mistaken...), Inuyasha, DGM of course, Ichigo 100%, Zombie-Loan (also DearS), TRC, Terra e..., Samurai Deeper Kyo... too lazy to find more.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Nov 4, 2009 3:02 PM

Apr 2009
HOLY SHIT i dnt go online for 2 DAYS and i totally miss the fact that DGM wuz updated T_T

Ariana said:
Just because for now the focus is on the male characters (not that Road or Renee or whatever her name is aren't there too, though) doesn't mean it's shounen-ai. Two lonely kids becoming friends is not shounen-ai, it's just two kids becoming friends. No evidence of homolust so far.

The chapter was great, btw. I'm glad we're finally getting to Kanda's backstory. :D He was so cute in this chapter, almost didn't seem like Kanda. XD

THANK YOU!

ok moving on

this chapter got me sooooo exciteeeeeeddd!!! x))) there iz no way i can survive another month! *dies*

am i the only one that understood everything? the only thing im confused about iz if they did a time skip and trying to remember all the Noahs. btw i like Earl's regular form better =3 i like the goofyness, altho his crying at the beginning wuz hilarious! xD

how could you guys have missed the Kanda and Wisely fight? it wuznt big, but it wuz around pg. 10:
- Wisely does weird eye thing
- Kanda's eyes start bleeding
- Kanda's head goes BOOM!

that Alma guy iz freaky O.o and even tho i dnt care for Kanda very much i liked all the info about them in the chapter

does anyone else hope Wisely having control over Kanda's mind will lead to an epic fight between Allen and Kanda!?!?!? *wiggles in seat* it might not actually happen cuz of the Alma business, but a fangirl can dream... i suspect the next chappie will have a lot of EPIC FIGHTS!! w00t!

EVERYONE GOT PRETTIER IN THIS CHAPTER! Oxo holy shit, for half the chap i wuz distracted by how hot Reever wuz *coughcough* what?

my only complaint for this chapter:
I NEEDED MORE MOYASHI-KUUUUUN~~!!! Dx
Nov 4, 2009 3:06 PM

Apr 2009
Celenas said:

i dnt care much for Kanda either =) altho i did still like tha chap a lot despite the Kanda-ness
Nov 4, 2009 3:53 PM

Jul 2008
Cenedess said:
diannaa said:
Generally speaking, how many shounen series have you seen/read that had a female author? 'Cause I'm really curious. :)
FMA (not only the best shounen series ever, but also the best MANGA ever), KHR, Pandora Hearts (now matter what your opinion is on Gil/Oz, it's still shounen xD), Nabari no Ou (if I'm not mistaken...), Inuyasha, DGM of course, Ichigo 100%, Zombie-Loan (also DearS), TRC, Terra e..., Samurai Deeper Kyo... too lazy to find more.
Samurai Deeper Kyo is by a woman!?!?!? But... it's so shounen-y!

Anyway, adds Kekkaishi, Yankee-kun to Megane-chan, Rozen Maiden, and Kuroshitsuji. Out of all of those (excluding a few I am unfamiliar with) only Nabari no Ou has any "canon" BL parings. One of which is... complicated genderwise. I guess Samurai Deeper Kyo has Akari, lolz *hides from the wrath of Akari*
adamantineNov 4, 2009 3:56 PM

BEGINNER
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» How is d gray man? Should you get into it?

MonadProxyy - Feb 21, 2022

18 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Mar 17, 2:49 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 250 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Jan 22

7 by Roxas232 »»
Mar 16, 12:36 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 249 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Oct 26, 2023

7 by Enbu_Kirikaze »»
Jan 13, 8:31 AM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 242 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 9, 2021

14 by SoulReaper01_ »»
Dec 4, 2023 4:33 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Chapter 222 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2016

37 by jeremysama »»
Nov 14, 2023 11:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.