Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Sengoku Basara: Judge End Episode 12 Discussion

Sep 27, 2014 11:14 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And it ends...

It was okay I guess? It definitely had its entertaining moments but I wasn't entirely impressed by it. Kasuga and that archer girl were all in love like usual. I probably won't remember this series too much.
Modified by Stark700, Sep 27, 2014 2:10 PM

Sep 27, 2014 12:27 PM

Ok nice ending, enjoyed the series overall, but

8/10

Sep 27, 2014 1:02 PM

Okay overall, horrible last episode.

Sep 27, 2014 1:02 PM

Not very good ending in my opinion... I was expecting a big fight in the end but they decided not to show anything.
The show overall was mediocre. I liked more the alternative version and the prequels.
My final score for this is 5/10.

Sep 27, 2014 5:28 PM

Hate that GN particle field.
What kind of ending is that? Mitsunari's Yukimura's bitch now and Shingen joined the Uesugi army by himself.

Sep 27, 2014 11:38 PM

Most exciting part of the whole season was the start of the coming war at the end of this episode. Speaks volumes.

Sep 28, 2014 1:16 AM

Did they play like 5 versions of the same song through the entire episode? That track is probably the best part of the show.
Sieg Zeon!

Sep 28, 2014 6:07 AM

and it ends it was kinda ok

Sep 28, 2014 7:12 AM
though it's spin off from original series ( sengoku basara 1 and 2 ) ----- original series Hideyoshi was killed by Masamune , but it's too horrible for spin off series.

Rating 3/10

Sep 28, 2014 10:36 AM

Even though the fights as most important part of anime like this weren't any good (a combination of bad animation and not showing anything even at the final battle of the series) the voice acting was really damn good in my opinion which stood out even more because looking at the fights wasn't really that interesting. ^^

It's like the Japanese voice actors try extra hard to convey the feelings of the character they portray.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master

Sep 28, 2014 11:31 AM

DancingJack said:
Even though the fights as most important part of anime like this weren't any good (a combination of bad animation and not showing anything even at the final battle of the series) the voice acting was really damn good in my opinion which stood out even more because looking at the fights wasn't really that interesting. ^^

It's like the Japanese voice actors try extra hard to convey the feelings of the character they portray.

I agree with the voice acting being awesome. It's one of the things that had me looking forward to this every weekend, despite all the other things it was lacking. I mean, I'm really attached to a lot of the characters but if the dialogue would have been stale and not as dramatic, i wouldn't have kept watching.

If the fights aren't that great and if the interchange of dialogue between the characters isn't great, then what is the point lol. Especially in this story where there a lot of conflicts and history between the characters, the voice actors did a good job in showing familiarity but also well known rivalries. I feel like they just used this opportunity to be super dramatic again and sort of make this fun for those who already know the story well.

Sep 28, 2014 3:00 PM

Yeaaah, I.G. should be the only studio to handle Sengoku Basara. Although this was decent on its own, I can't help but compare it to its predecessors which I thought were infinitely superior. At least the ending captured the whole "let the battle rage on" sensation that came with SB 1 & 2, but this really fell short in most everything else that changed. I prefer the campy, over the top, ridiculously super powered fights in the other entries and this often felt overly morbid and serious. The fights weren't even that fun to watch and that's Sengoku Basara's main selling point. The ost has some nice tracks but nowhere near as inspired as Sawano's.

At least the voices were the same along with the characters I know and love. Lol'd so hard when Yukimura punched Sarutobi, mimicking the whole OYAKATA-SAMAAA routine of old. date's Engrish was hilariously awesome as always.

Going to say a 6.5/10. I was leaning more towards a 7 until these last few episodes but now I see it as more of a 6. Hopefully SB will get another season in the right studio's hands.

Sep 28, 2014 4:23 PM

lol, Xaviland and Jumbo Muneshige from Sengoku Basara 4 xDDD

That ending with Sanada and Date going back to main characters and Ishida and Tokugawa as secondary characters... JUST AWFUL.
Sengoku Basara 3 is about Mitsunari and Ieyasu, not Date and Sanada!!!!!
Modified by edwarx, Sep 28, 2014 4:27 PM

Sep 28, 2014 4:52 PM

Just wasn't anywhere near as good as the previous seasons.

Sep 29, 2014 2:05 AM

So all that talk of bonds and the fighting still continues huh. Well it is a endless party xD. And did the Tiger just rage war against his own army?

Anyhow mediocre overall. I don't care if this followed the games better, it really didn't have the entertainment value of the previous seasons.

7/10 I guess.
Modified by TehWhiteTiger, Sep 29, 2014 2:15 AM
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 29, 2014 11:27 AM

man this made me wish the franchise had ended with the movie
4/10

did i just heard the Grave of the Fireflies theme when Ishida an Leyasu were ending their fight?
Modified by silversaint, Sep 29, 2014 12:07 PM

Sep 29, 2014 11:45 AM

As much as I love the franchise, this end was weird. I am aware of all the game relations, routes, and such, but it's just ... weird.

5/10, regrettably :L

Oct 1, 2014 4:08 AM

Weird ending but maybe they don't want to continue further because what happen to Sanada and Ishida in real history might upset some people.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.

Oct 3, 2014 9:29 PM

Users ranked the best anime of the summer season on Nico Nico:

Barakamon
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
Akame ga KILL!
Futsū no Joshikōsei ga Locodol Yattemita
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
Tokyo Ghoul
Aldnoah.Zero
The irregular at magic high school
Survival Game Club!
Hanayamata
Psycho-Pass Extended Edition
Invaders of the Rokujyōma!?
Sword Art Online II
Magimoji Rurumo
Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 2wei!
La Bonne Vie
Space Dandy Season 2
Nobunaga Concerto
Love Stage!!
Terror in Resonance
Black Butler: Book of Circus
Free! Eternal Summer
Blue Spring Ride
Persona 4 the Golden Animation
Momo Kyun Sword
Re:␣Hamatora
Bladedance of Elementalers
Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen
Rail Wars!
Captain Earth
Tokyo ESP
Bakumatsu Rock
M3 the dark metal
Shōnen Hollywood - Holly Stage for 49
DRAMAtical Murder
GLASSLIP
Sengoku Basara: Judge End

Sengoku Basara in dead last.
And I'm not even going to mention the sales...

Oct 5, 2014 5:09 PM
It was good overall, had lots of fun watching this every week and playing Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes on the wii in between with friends.

Oct 26, 2014 7:43 PM

Damn so in the end no one died. Mori and even Mitsuhide was alive. wtf? and why did Takeda Shingen want to fight his own freaking army? damn this doesn't make any sense. They're not taking this seriously.. was it all a joke?

Anyway whatever at least I enjoyed it all throughout. I came here looking for action and this show gave it to me and I'm satisfied.

7/10

Feb 10, 2015 11:21 PM

I want another season.

Apr 12, 2015 5:00 PM

lol literally no one died.

Nov 10, 2016 1:06 PM

so besides for oda and hanbei no-one died lol.

and nice to see that sanada is becoming oyakata by that punch to sasuke <3

5/10 from a personal viewpoint as well as critical. and that's stretching it. the movie is done by IG thank God, so can't wait to check that out.

Oct 16, 2018 5:13 PM
ok this series of basara got new studios,, i see the big diferent than the previous series that the more smooth move, god grapich but there less at fight, i think their power is getting weaker and the fight become boring,, i like when production I.G production ,, they know how to make great anime, the plot is not based the second season, you know if you watch second season you can see that yukimura can destroy nichirin by himself and masamune still awke even his body destroy the giant castle,, the ending is boring only end with draw match...