Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2014 4:11 PM

May 2013
This was an awesome episode :D
Sep 27, 2014 4:34 PM
May 2011
[/quote]
BotatoPriest said:
MarkusEA said:
Let's cut the discussion there, shall we? We're here to discuss episode 13, not to hold a speach about justifying our own hatred towards the show.
That won't work because:
1. Just saying you hate it won't be nice.
2. SAO is special (though not really now that I think about how many other anime get the same if not worse treatment, but I digress) it HAS to be hated :)

Yeah I get that, but why do people have to tell everyone in the discussion forums just how much they hate the show?
instead of saying "omg another boring episode, 1/5 I'm dropping this" they can say "this episode didn't work out for me because...."
again, we're here to discuss the episode. not our hatred towards the show. no one cares about that

Insanity lives deep within ourselves
Sep 27, 2014 4:35 PM

Dec 2012
Great episode. Kirito finally figured out who Death Gun was. Kirito and that finally slash was awesome.
That Bastard Shinkawa was working with Death Gun the whole time.
Didn't expect them to be brothers.
He is crazy wanting to be with Shion forever.
Kirito to the rescue just in time.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 27, 2014 4:36 PM

Apr 2012
I am not surprised. right after episode 1 with the opening was clear that this guy is connected to the deathgun case ^^
Sep 27, 2014 4:39 PM

Aug 2013
Woah. No more words.

Wait, hold on, I do have more to say. There was a little too much slo-mo at the beginning. Otherwise, it was an interesting episode.
Sep 27, 2014 4:40 PM
Apr 2014
MarkusEA said:
BotatoPriest said:
MarkusEA said:
Let's cut the discussion there, shall we? We're here to discuss episode 13, not to hold a speach about justifying our own hatred towards the show.
That won't work because:
2. SAO is special (though not really now that I think about how many other anime get the same if not worse treatment, but I digress) it HAS to be hated :)

Yeah I get that, but why do people have to tell everyone in the discussion forums just how much they hate the show?
instead of saying "omg another boring episode, 1/5 I'm dropping this" they can say "this episode didn't work out for me because...."
again, we're here to discuss the episode. not our hatred towards the show. no one cares about that[/quote]

80% od the people in the internerd thinks their opinion is pure gold so they dont post reason of why they hated something.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 27, 2014 4:41 PM

Feb 2013
that 2nd half was an abomination
Sep 27, 2014 4:42 PM

Nov 2013
MarkusEA said:
BotatoPriest said:
That won't work because:

again, we're here to discuss the episode. not our hatred towards the show. no one cares about that
[/quote]I bolded important words that mean the same thing.

Though I get what you really meant; not many people do that right?
Well, either my second point is correct or idk what the hell people think so can't help you there I'm afraid :(
Sep 27, 2014 5:02 PM

Jun 2013
it was him all along!! and Kirito to the rescue again
Sep 27, 2014 5:07 PM

May 2013
10 seconds in and Sinon suddenly has digital zoom and nightvision in her eyes. Didn't she use binoculars just a few episodes ago?

And of course the other guy turns out to be not only a Death Gun but a creepy psycho at that, that was completely unpredictiable if I hadn't called it in the episode he was introduced... because there just can't be any other male characters besides Kirito that are actually good and useful in this story.

But what do I expect from a show where the villian gets slashed with a laser sword and suddenly explodes for no good reason while trying to be completely serious about traumas at the same time?

btw. for the people who think others 'hate this show only because it's popular'.
First, it isn't actually that popular or atleast not as popular as season 1 was before it turned into a complete trainwreck.
Secondly, people tend to have different opinions so it could actually be that others just don't like it as much as you do to overlook all the stupid that's happening. And maybe... just maybe it isn't actually as good as you think it is so you liking it is not more justified than other people disliking it.

I don't see how that has anything to do with it's popularity because I would dislike the same things about it even if only a few people were watching it.
DancingJackSep 27, 2014 5:21 PM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Sep 27, 2014 5:12 PM

Jul 2014
Looks like there's no hope for SAO, Sinon is apparently on the way to joining the army of girls who are in love with Kirito
Sep 27, 2014 5:14 PM
Jul 2018
Once again...

Kirito became a hero.
Sep 27, 2014 5:15 PM
Jul 2014
vikki7783 said:
Looks like there's no hope for SAO, Sinon is apparently on the way to joining the army of girls who are in love with Kirito

Well who else is she going to love? Shinkawa... Nooo.. Or the person who saves her from a psychopath rapist...

What really annoyed me about this episode is how many times Shinkawa said "Asada-San" and started drooling and hyperventilating..

I really didn't thin Kirito would show up considering she told him not to come and that he would call the police.. So that whole scene left me in despair thinking no one is going to show up.

Personally my favorite episode in GGO so far.
Sep 27, 2014 5:24 PM
Oct 2008
Jeez Are all antagonists in this show potential sex offenders.
Sep 27, 2014 5:25 PM
Apr 2014
DancingJack said:
10 seconds in and Sinon suddenly has digital zoom and nightvision in her eyes. Didn't she use binoculars just a few episodes ago?

Wasn't Kirito the one with binoculars? not sure.

DancingJack said:
And of course the other guy turns out to be not only a Death Gun but a creepy psycho at that, that was completely unpredictiable if I hadn't called it in the episode he was introduced... because there just can't be any other male characters besides Kirito that are actually good and useful in this story.

Shinkawa wasn't Death Gun, he never even killed anyone.

DancingJack said:
But what do I expect from a show where the villian gets slashed with a laser sword and suddenly explodes for no good reason?

Anime.

DancingJack said:
btw. for the people who think others 'hate this show only because it's popular'.
First, it isn't actually that popular or atleast not as popular as season 1 was before it turned into a complete trainwreck.
Secondly, people tend to have different opinions so it could actually be that others just don't like it as much as you do to overlook all the stupid that's happening. And maybe... just maybe it isn't actually as good as you think it is so you liking it is not more justified than other people disliking it.

I don't see how that has anything to do with it's popularity because I would dislike the same things about it even if only a few people were watching it.

... Sigh.

The point is, MOST people hating it most of the time use retarded reasons or don't post any at all, same with people loving it.

There's a difference between having different opinions and stupid opinions. I wouldn't say SAO is best anime ever, but its not bad.

50% of the people hating it uses the exact same reasons [and when those reasons are stupid... lawl] so yea, hating on popularity or because they can't understand things.

Sep 27, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2013
Yandere Alert!
Sep 27, 2014 5:29 PM
Sep 2013
Dvok said:
WHAT ARE YOU ALL? 5 OF 5? Are you crazy? This is the worst episode of the anime (in ex aequo with Sinon's Ass Online). Why Sinon can use the sniper? Why? WHY? Seriously I can't find a logic. Overall vote: 1. Overrated and forgone.

LOLOLOLOL go watch the first few episode mate
Sep 27, 2014 5:35 PM

Apr 2013
Damn, they cut it off just when it got real good xD

Sep 27, 2014 5:37 PM

Nov 2012
That was a pretty fun episode to watch.. for some reason, I'm one of the dense viewers and I didn't see Sinon's friend being connected with death gun until this episode :P

midnightbladeSep 27, 2014 5:42 PM
Sep 27, 2014 5:39 PM
Apr 2014
hahailham1 said:
Dvok said:
WHAT ARE YOU ALL? 5 OF 5? Are you crazy? This is the worst episode of the anime (in ex aequo with Sinon's Ass Online). Why Sinon can use the sniper? Why? WHY? Seriously I can't find a logic. Overall vote: 1. Overrated and forgone.

LOLOLOLOL go watch the first few episode mate

Why? i mean, its totally logical, HOW CAN A SNIPER SHOOT WITHOUT SCOPE? -99/100, SUCKS, NO, SUCKS, ANIME IS PURE SHIT.

Sep 27, 2014 5:39 PM

Jul 2012
Whoa!
What an episode......awesome action scenes in the beginning, and then a psychopathic type scene around the ending.

So, it turns out.....that Shino's friend, Kyouji is actually the younger brother of the survivor of SAO, and he was also acting as Death Gun for a few times, and killed some people.....
Wow....I would've been scared as hell if my friend was a.....virtual......murder...type....person? o-o

Anyways, Shino was being "attacked" by Kyouji, and then Kirito came to the rescue~! :3
That's cool....but...why did he go? Shino told him not to visit her....but it's still a good thing he came to visit....and saved Shino! :D

And GOD DAMN IT!
*Spoiler Alert?*
I read about Kyouji Shinkawa on the spoiler tab from MAL, and it turns out he and his brother get arrested.....
So, Death Gun is then done and gone......right?

RIGHT?!?!
D:
Sep 27, 2014 5:44 PM
Apr 2014
rickywolfy said:
Whoa!
What an episode......awesome action scenes in the beginning, and then a psychopathic type scene around the ending.

So, it turns out.....that Shino's friend, Kyouji is actually the younger brother of the survivor of SAO, and he was also acting as Death Gun for a few times, and killed some people.....
Wow....I would've been scared as hell if my friend was a.....virtual......murder...type....person? o-o

Anyways, Shino was being "attacked" by Kyouji, and then Kirito came to the rescue~! :3
That's cool....but...why did he go? Shino told him not to visit her....but it's still a good thing he came to visit....and saved Shino! :D

And GOD DAMN IT!
*Spoiler Alert?*
I read about Kyouji Shinkawa on the spoiler tab from MAL, and it turns out he and his brother get arrested.....
So, Death Gun is then done and gone......right?

RIGHT?!?!
D:

I can answer all... i'll put two spoilers, first one is next chapter (if they dont skip it...............) and the last one is a major spoiler so watch out~

Again, read this ONLY if you don't care about major spoiler.

Sep 27, 2014 5:55 PM

Nov 2012
That scene where Sinons friend was all over her was pretty creepy, sorta reminded me vaguely of that fucker from ALO doing dirty stuff to Asuna in season 1. It could have been a lot worse if the guy didn't waste so much time talking to her I suppose..
Sep 27, 2014 5:55 PM

May 2013
Reyxe said:

I can't believe that I followed the episode better than you did but he said to Sinon that he was Sterben (Death Gun) up to the point of the tournament but wanted to switch it up.

Reyxe said:
Anime.

A anime that at the same time takes traumas so serious that fans defend it with exactly that if somebody has anything to say about Sinon breaking down whenever the plot needs it for drama or Kirito suddenly having a intense trauma about people he killed in SAO that were never mentioned before.

But then, exploding power ranger villians. :)
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Sep 27, 2014 6:04 PM
Apr 2014
[quote=DancingJack]
Reyxe said:

I can't believe that I followed the episode better than you did but he said to Sinon that he was Sterben (Death Gun) up to the point of the tournament but wanted to switch it up.[/spoiler]

He was Sterben, but he didn't "participate" in Death Gun thing until Sinon was the target so yea, you obviously followed it better than me, a LN reader. He haven't killed anyone yet either.

DancingJack said:
Reyxe said:
Anime.

A anime that at the same time takes traumas so serious that fans defend it with exactly that if somebody has anything to say about Sinon breaking down whenever the plot needs it for drama or Kirito suddenly having a intense trauma about people he killed in SAO that were never mentioned before.

But then, exploding power ranger villians. :)

Sigh. This is the kind of reason that its stupid, sorry to say. Some people think that 'oh that shit doesn't happen irl' or 'thats not realistic at all, it sucks, its not natural' like, i live in one of the most dangerous countries on Earth, PTSD is a rough shit and the way Sinon had it its pretty normal, if you can't believe it or just find it unnatural, then go and thank god.

Kirito wasn't blamed by people around him for killing those players, so ofc he would be able to forget it until something makes him remember it.

And if you take that seriously the explosion... then i have no comment for that, its beyond me that you are complaining about something as stupid as that, LAWL.

Sep 27, 2014 6:13 PM

Mar 2013
I don't understand how some people can hate this episode. In this episode, we've finally progressed properly, after all the little fights scenes, for me it was great to see Death gun defeated and Kyouji to finally show his dark side.

One of the top 3 episodes so far in this series, hopefully the next will wrap up this arc and we'll head onto mother rosarios.
Sep 27, 2014 6:16 PM

Jan 2011
So why did Kirito come? She explicitely told him not to. And they didn't talk about "let's meet in one hour" or so. Instead, he wanted to get Mr. Cyber Police to send the actual police.

Hope they clear that up next episode.
Sep 27, 2014 6:19 PM

Aug 2013
And so it's confirmed what the opening heavily hinted that Shinkawa was indeed Death Gun (or at least half of it). Glad the creepy bastard is now being set on by Kazuto who will proceed to beat the living daylights out of him! This should pretty much wrap up the whole Death Gun incident then, and I can't wait to find out what's in store next.
Sep 27, 2014 6:29 PM

Apr 2012
That knee to the face though....damn.

Who's ready for the Alicization Arc?
Sep 27, 2014 6:43 PM
Oct 2011
Am I the only one who gets annoyed when everytime that fairy girl ( yui is it? ) calling Mom , Papa or whatever she labeled Assuna and Kiritard?
That scene never fail to make me facepalm

Other than that , what's with the talk? Way too much talk. Especially , when Shitnon almost get rape.
Sep 27, 2014 6:47 PM

May 2013
Reyxe said:
He was Sterben, but he didn't "participate" in Death Gun thing until Sinon was the target so yea, you obviously followed it better than me, a LN reader. He haven't killed anyone yet either.

How was he not "participating" in the Death Gun thing while he was walking around as Death Gun? They even showed the scene of Death Gun shooting at the screen to act like he could kill people just by shooting at them while he was revealing that he played Sterben at that point to Sinon - How is that not participating in the Death Gun thing?

My entire point was that he was Death Gun... and he was Death Gun or not? I never said anything about him actually killing anyone.

But then again, why discuss with someone who just has the point out that he read the light novel for no reason. Of course you be must be right about everything, how could I ever doubt that now?! Totally overlooked that this is the discussion thread for the episode 13 of the light novel, sorry.
DancingJackSep 27, 2014 6:50 PM
Sep 27, 2014 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
Oh SAO you always gotta have a rapeyface character huh.

i won't lie i honestly think that grenade part was the best thing i seen in this series
Sep 27, 2014 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
Looks like "Kuro" will be the up-coming villain.
"Aka" is toast, but he went out well.
Sep 27, 2014 7:00 PM

Jun 2013
End episode combat log:
-Kirito uses knee to the face attack!
-It's super effective!
-Critical hit!
-Wanna-be-rapist takes 9001 damage!

Lol btw I knew the "friend" was Death Gun right from the start. He was always creepy.
Sep 27, 2014 7:01 PM
Apr 2014
DancingJack said:
Reyxe said:

How was he not "participating" in the Death Gun thing while he was walking around as Death Gun? They even showed the scene of Death Gun shooting at the screen to act like he could kill people just by shooting at them while he was revealing that he played Sterben at that point to Sinon - How is that not participating in the Death Gun thing?

My entire point was that he was Death Gun... and he was Death Gun or not? I never said anything about him actually killing anyone.

But then again, why discuss with someone who just has the point out that he read the light novel for no reason. Of course you be must be right about everything, how could I ever doubt that now?! Totally overlooked that this is the discussion thread for the episode 13 of the light novel, sorry.

You were the one talking as if you knew everything, lawl.

Again, he didn't kill, by 'participating' i meant the killings itself, he didn't go to someone's house and killed him.

And 'Death Gun' isn't a single person, so you're not wrong, but you aren't right either.

Sep 27, 2014 7:01 PM

Sep 2012
Man, this episode was incredible!

I knew Asada's friend was creepy as fuck, but I didn't know he was part of the Death Gun gang! Holy shit. That almost-rape scene was terrifying. SAO villains and their rape.

That grenade scene was fucking cute, Sinon x Kirito OTP.
Sep 27, 2014 7:03 PM

Jul 2014
this episode actually had me on the edge of my seat. my original rating for sao2 is a 6/10, but i may have to reconsider. I'm pumped for next weeks episode; kirito x sinon ftw
Sep 27, 2014 7:03 PM

Dec 2013
Damn the fight was awesome! Not surprised that Sinon's friend was Death Gun but damn he was really creepy with all the Asada-san Asada-san and of course Kirito comes in again to save the damsel in distress.
Sep 27, 2014 7:17 PM

Jan 2014
so shinkawa's really death gun, huh?

pretty intense episode though O.o
deanzel said:

Sep 27, 2014 7:18 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Cleaned out one batch of derailing posts and responses, please talk about the episode not other posters. Also remember that simply quoting another post without adding fresh ideas or expanding on it will result in that post being removed.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 27, 2014 7:27 PM

Jan 2014
oh boy...and then comes the prince charming for the damsel in distress...I thought that this arc was going to end in this episode...but it extended 1 i guess...can wait for the next arc to start...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 27, 2014 7:35 PM

May 2013
Oh my god. That episode was beyond amazing. LOL

How did I know Kirito will show up and save Sinon , phew.

But damn, that dude really wanted some ASADA SAN crazy shittt

10/10!
Sep 27, 2014 7:55 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty funny way to win the tournament, and it turns out that Shinkawa is the other death gun. It's funny cause i had a bad vibe from him since the start can't wait for the next episode.
Sep 27, 2014 7:57 PM

Mar 2012
ThreePointer said:
Kirito actually said "Phantom Bullet"
That was amazing
Sep 27, 2014 8:10 PM

Oct 2013
Of course kirito & Sinon win.

& my guess about her friend being death gun was spot on xD

God, they always have to have some sort or rapey, creepy character lol

I knew kirito would bust in. Dat knee to face doe
Sep 27, 2014 8:21 PM
Mar 2014
Dang, that got rapey really quick.

Remembering Zaza was cool though, and I like how it all came together. Never expected the friend to be super crazy.

The dehydration thing was stupid though - could have used an IV or even just a sponge + water on his tongue.
Sep 27, 2014 8:26 PM

Oct 2013
Best episode of the season however, overall, this season is medicore at best. 0 character development and the horrible cheesy moments are so strong I have to pause the video and cringe. 4/5 for today.
Sep 27, 2014 8:32 PM

Jun 2014
Death Gun is finally found out. Finally!

Shinkawa went and took Yandere to another level. I never expected his brother to be Death Gun though.

Well, I think the SAO series wins the award for "Most Insane Villains" with One Piece coming in second with Donflamingo. (That's purely my opinion.)
P0K3MeDec 8, 2014 2:50 PM
Sep 27, 2014 8:33 PM

Jul 2012
Officially one of the scariest and creepiest yanderes in my book.
Can't believe the seiyuu for him was also Haru in AoD and Inaho in AZ.
A-1 Pictures outdid themselves this episode.
kayune_Jan 17, 2017 11:34 PM
Sep 27, 2014 8:35 PM

Apr 2014
The BoB tournament ending was kinda lame imo.. ohh its a tie..Kirito in true form is the hero at the end of the ep, again..
---------My Profile------------
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.