Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 27, 2014 7:55 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hard match and finally remembered him from the meeting. He's finally defeated. They exchanged contact info. Then they became both the winners to end the game by bombing each other.

That friend of hers turns out to be the death gun in real life. Kirito really came?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 27, 2014 7:57 AM

Nov 2007
They are really trying too hard to portray Sinon as a weak damsel in distress. Why did they remove the scene where she held the model gun and pointed it at Shinkawa?

Edit: Oh my god, Hanae Natsuki (Shinkawa) tweeted 'Asadasannnnnnnn' AHAHAHA
https://twitter.com/hanae0626/status/515877706416664576
bokuSep 30, 2014 8:25 PM
Sep 27, 2014 8:00 AM

Sep 2013
So...what's the next episode going to be? MR?
Sep 27, 2014 8:07 AM
Sep 2014
natsucule said:

Nope, another Phantom Bullet episode.
Sep 27, 2014 8:20 AM

Nov 2011
Dang, this smile looks a bit creepy in a way

That was some fight though. Then again, the rest of the episode took creepy to another level.
Stark700Sep 27, 2014 10:01 AM
Sep 27, 2014 8:26 AM

Aug 2014
natsucule said:

The one after that, possibly, but more likely, that will be Caliber, and maybe the one after that too (2 episodes for Caliber, 8 for MR).
Sep 27, 2014 8:28 AM

Sep 2013
My prediction of Death Gun was spot on, I mean they basically showed you in the OP.
Sep 27, 2014 9:12 AM

Jul 2014
Awesome episode so far after the long building up in the previous 2 episosdes.

boku said:
They are really trying too hard to portray Sinon as a weak damsel in distress. Why did they remove the scene where she held the model gun and pointed it at Shinkawa?

Does that really happen ? O.O

Sep 27, 2014 9:34 AM

Nov 2007
Seiryuu2 said:
boku said:
In the novel, yes. The model gun in her drawer was a prize she won from the previous BoB tournament.
Sep 27, 2014 9:45 AM

Apr 2013
Down goes Death Gun. Kirito is god. And Sinon is officially harem'ed. My reaction:

And then they live happily ever after. Oh wait...

dankzelSep 27, 2014 10:37 AM
Sep 27, 2014 9:47 AM

Jul 2014
boku said:
Seiryuu2 said:
In the novel, yes. The model gun in her drawer was a prize she won from the previous BoB tournament.

Damn, That could be an interesting scenes :((

Sep 27, 2014 9:54 AM
Sep 2014
One of the worst episodes in the series, really felt like an angsty emo cryfest. Again, after such a fantastic start, SAO's gone donwhill :-/
Sep 27, 2014 9:56 AM
Mar 2013
OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was amazing!!!

But yo dude really wanted some Asada huh??

Fucking crazy ass shit.

But then Kirito saved the damsel in distress!!
Sep 27, 2014 9:57 AM

Dec 2012
It was a good episode, but one that was also hard to watch. Great in the beginning, but I wish Sinon/Asada would've snapped out of it sooner, they let that freak talk a little too much. Maybe they just wanted her feeling of hopelessness to sink in a little. Meh. Kirito comes to save the day again like a badass.
Sep 27, 2014 9:58 AM

Jan 2014
that was a heal of a episode :3

Sep 27, 2014 10:01 AM

Dec 2009
Well it seems any male that's not Kirito and gains prominence in this series is either a psycho or killed off. LOL

Anyways nice win to both. :D
Sep 27, 2014 10:02 AM

Jul 2010
Learning Death Gun's name from the mission brief to ambush Laughing Coffin!
That no scope threat by Sinon!
That smile Sinon had when she presented her bomb ^^ making them both winners.
Shinkawa having love that is beyond possessive and being one the the Death Guns!
With the syringe and him keep on calling Asada-san with that face >.> That was creepy...
Kirito coming in to save Sinon! Would been nice if Sinon was able to leave her home at least by herself. At least she did snap herself out of it and retaliated back.
Sep 27, 2014 10:03 AM

May 2013
I had a feeling that Asada's friend would have something to do with this. Good to see Kirito arriving just in time.
Sep 27, 2014 10:04 AM
Sep 2013
So cats out the bag with this episode. The other death gun being his brother. Revenge seeking creepier. Kirito came to kick his ass in the real world. Lol at sinon blowing themselves up for a double victory. Was hoping Sinon would shoot that fool she does own a real gun.
Sep 27, 2014 10:07 AM

Jul 2013
Damn, Good Episode.

We find out who Death Gun and his apprentice are.

BoB tournament ends. Kirito and Sinon exchange info and blow up together.

Sinon's creepy friend tries to rape her.

Kirito kicks his ass. :D

SmartninjaSep 27, 2014 10:12 AM
Sep 27, 2014 10:11 AM

Nov 2012
This was a good episode, we finally find out some important information. I can't wait to see Mother's Rosario arc since some people said that it is the best arc.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Sep 27, 2014 10:11 AM

Mar 2012
and that's how kirito increases his harem: all men that aren't kirito can't be in relationships and are sickos.
Sep 27, 2014 10:14 AM

Aug 2010
These guys really r nailing it soooo goood :O

The first half was really amazingly animated!!! The dodging scenes were really well done. And his realization of Zaza's true name was nice. Loved how they showed Kirito's black swordsman mode every time he was going for his finishing hits and gun shots. BA epic! :D Nice to see Sinon helping too with her experience :)

Dem slow motion scenes too :D And that cutting in half!!

The Present grenade was so lol with both of them blowing up together XD Sinon's smile and Kirito's wry grin were lol XD

Also lol'd so much at Kleine and co's pointy messy hair when they saw the ending of the game was a hug with another girl XD

The 2nd half was really so well adapted! It was just as creepy and disturbing as I imagined it in the LNs. Reki sure loves his rapists <_< XD

Shinkawa went completely insane and Yandere there!!! Props to his VA and Sinon's. Sawashiro Miyuki FTW <3

Dat Kirito Knee in the face was BA win!!
Sep 27, 2014 10:14 AM

Aug 2014
SAO creators be like " Oh shit we forgot to add some creepy fucking rapist like last season, lets add one now!"...

Good episode, Kirito is a savior as always, just not a big fan of the last several minutes
TensoonSep 27, 2014 10:17 AM

Sep 27, 2014 10:15 AM

Mar 2012
Oh hell when i saw that creep it reminded me of Oberon and what he did to Asuna back in ALO. I dont want to be reminded of that Thank you :(

Anyway very interesting episode the battle was great but to short. As for the rest they spent a little to much time with him talking but i can handle most of it.

I will admit it SAO is not the best series ever as some people want to make it but it is still a good series. The second season so far is far better than the first big time. it still has its flaws but it has improved.

Hmm so next week will be the final ep for GGO arc. i predict that Caliber will be next with 3 episodes and MR after it to adapt the 7 last epsidoes which is perfect since it is one LN volume long. i hope it will be adapted properly cause it is my favorite arc :)
Sep 27, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Sinon and Kirito won the tournament.

Shinkawa was such a traitor and it was good to see Kirito come to rescue Sinon.
Sep 27, 2014 10:16 AM

Mar 2013
hantere said:
Was hoping Sinon would shoot that fool she does own a real gun.

The one which looks the same as the one with which she killed a guy in the post office? I thought that was also a model gun. Or maybe the same model gun she got from previous BoB. Novel readers can correct me if I'm wrong.
LoneUlfsarkSep 27, 2014 10:20 AM
Sep 27, 2014 10:19 AM

Apr 2014
so i guess the last ep of the GGO arc is the next week
Sep 27, 2014 10:22 AM

Apr 2014
It's a good show, but I'm only annoyed that you can predict the cliffhanger in the beginning of the episode ... for the past 10 episodes.
Apr 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Did Asuna and everyone from ALO saw Sinon and Kirito together before BoB ended? I mean, they were quite close there. :p

I think so, I mean, their hair was rather messy or something, i had to pause to laugh, LOL

Great episode as expected, would've liked Sinon to point model gun against Shinkawa but oh well, there's still next chapter to end Phantom Bullet and im waiting for it~

As for the fight, awesomeness. I think Shinkawa's past will be shown next chapter, if they don't skip it ofc.

Sinon's gun is a model one so it can't shoot. Im ready to read people saying Sinon joined the Harem because of that hug or whatever, cmon, im waiting for you, lawl.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Mar 2012
I got King oberon vibes again u know the bastard in the first season of SAO who kidnapped Asuna. I dont want to be reminded of him thank you :(.

Both Seasons have their flaws for sure but never the less i still enjoy them. the second season so far is definitely an improvement over the first. I predict the next one after 14 would focus 3 episodes on Caliber and the last 7 on MR which is my favorite arc.

I just wish more people would not be so difficult. To much Badmouthing or to much Praising. cant they just admit it has both qualities and move on. it is getting annoying.
Sep 27, 2014 10:24 AM

Jul 2010
It's not Sword Art Online if there's not an attempted rape. That's why such work is studied in Japan's university, this actually makes a lot of sense.
Sep 27, 2014 10:26 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Takachu said:
natsucule said:

Nope, another Phantom Bullet episode.

Most likely the end of the Phantom Bullet arc. The way this episode ended, next episode could be the final one.

Shinkawa was even more creepier than the ALO weird guy. He needs a Batista Bomb to understand Sinon is off limits to him.

Hands off Shinkawa

Death Gun gets sliced in half xD
Kind of expected Death Gun to own Kirito a little bit more. I'm surprised Kirito was able to remember who DG was. Well hopefully next episode we can see Sinon meet Asuna.

Sep 27, 2014 10:28 AM

Mar 2012
You'd think with a title like 'Phantom Bullet' it would mean the end of the arc. Well, at the very least I can guarantee the next episode will be the last.

The one giant complaint I have with both SAO and ALO was the way that they ended the game. All this time I just wanted to see it all end with Kirito winning a proper duel fair and square instead of some metaphorical bullshit. But with this I finally got that ending I wanted. From the turning point in the fight right up to the amazing double suicide finish I had a massive grin on my face.

If I did have a problem with the episode it would be what came after. The confrontation between Shino and Shinkawa in the real world was incredibly uncomfortable to watch. I suppose it does a good job of tying up all the loose plot threads and the uncomfortable atmosphere was probably what they were going for but from a purely personal perspective I really didn't enjoy watching it. I suppose the one criticism I can make is that the scene probably dragged a little bit longer than it needed to.

But overall it was a solid episode and I can't wait to see the conclusion next week.
Sep 27, 2014 10:29 AM
Aug 2011
Apparently on Crunchyroll Alicization is a tag for SAO II but not mother rosario, does this mean they'll skip it?

Mar 2014
Damn, totally expected Shinkawa to be an accomplice. Kirito just had to come at the perfect timing and was able to open the door when Shinon couldn't

Mar 2013
Yet another attempt Rape. Wonder what the writer go through to even think of these scene. Underpower female just to make Kirito Harem more charming.
Sep 27, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2014
He probably already raped her while she had the headgear on.

I suspected that guy when he first appeared. A love interest for a member of Kirito's harem? No way.
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 27, 2014 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
Reyxe said:
Shaniyaz said:
Did Asuna and everyone from ALO saw Sinon and Kirito together before BoB ended? I mean, they were quite close there. :p

I think so, I mean, their hair was rather messy or something, i had to pause to laugh, LOL

Great episode as expected, would've liked Sinon to point model gun against Shinkawa but oh well, there's still next chapter to end Phantom Bullet and im waiting for it~

As for the fight, awesomeness. I think Shinkawa's past will be shown next chapter, if they don't skip it ofc.

Sinon's gun is a model one so it can't shoot. Im ready to read people saying Sinon joined the Harem because of that hug or whatever, cmon, im waiting for you, lawl.

hmmm .. I can see it happening. Sinon trying to backup kirito cause she can't let him down after all the things he did. Slow motion scenes, the model gun, flashbacks and tears. But in the end everyone will be hugging each other, maybe a quick kiss and an upset asuna? To finish my 'prediction', death gun won't die. He will just get arrested or whatever.

ps: I don't watch the manga, so no spoilers pls :) (or use the spoiler tag) Predictions are fine
ZrynothSep 27, 2014 10:36 AM
Sep 27, 2014 10:34 AM

Sep 2014
Dam!
I was at the edge of my seat!
That Kirito vs Death Gun fight was good, but ended too quickly.

When Sinon logged off, i thought the guy would be hiding under the sink or somewhere lol. But he was actually outside :-o

That was soooooooooo intense. And that guy's face actually reminded me of a titan from attack on titan LOL

Crazy! 5/5
Sep 27, 2014 10:35 AM
Dec 2012
Shinkawa's rapeface

Oh Lawd

Hopefully the adapt Mother's Rosario

Or at least give us an OVA of SAO x Accel World

Mar 2012
ScarletArrow said:
Apparently on Crunchyroll Alicization is a tag for SAO II but not mother rosario, does this mean they'll skip it?
It probably doesn't mean anything. I doubt they can even adapt all of that in 10 episodes. At the pace they're going it'd be much more sensible to leave it until the next season.

Jun 2014
All i have to say: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY GOD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2014 10:36 AM
Mar 2008
Holy shit my sides were not ready for this.
Sep 27, 2014 10:37 AM
Oct 2012
Great episode, got some of that epic fighting between Death Gun and Kirito we were promised in the OP. Next ep, 14, is last of GGO just like 14 was last of SAO. Big question is where to go from there. Early and Late? or Mother's Rosario? I'm guessing Early and Late then Mother's Rosario with a hint of Alicization to come for the eventual season 3.
Sep 27, 2014 10:37 AM

Sep 2014
Wow that guy was hella crazy. Didn't quite like that last part of the episode felt kinda exaggerated. The present grenade part was really funny and cute too, troll sinon :D.
nerfxSep 27, 2014 12:07 PM
Sep 27, 2014 10:38 AM
Jan 2014
So one of the main antagonists is yet again another 1D sociopath. Should've guessed it since this is SAO after all. We didn't even explore his background due to the "mystery" that was Desudesu Gan. The reveal didn't even feel exciting or intriguing at all, not to mention the mediocre action that was accompanying it.

Looks like Sinon managed to fall into Kirito's evergrowing harem, that was inevitable.

Kirito also managed to perfectly decuct DG's in-game name while facing him in CQC. It doesn't matter if he's getting beat up, it's still a very hard feat to pull while facing those circumstances.

On top of all that, the show wanted to pull off another rape scene. Don't let that scare you though, Kirito would surely never let that happen while he's around to save the day.
Sep 27, 2014 10:40 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Machination said:
Dam!
I was at the edge of my seat!
That Kirito vs Death Gun fight was good, but ended too quickly.

When Sinon logged off, i thought the guy would be hiding under the sink or somewhere lol. But he was actually outside :-o

That was soooooooooo intense. And that guy's face actually reminded me of a titan from attack on titan LOL

Crazy! 5/5

I/m pretty sure Shinkawa got in since one of Sinon's locks wasn't attached to the door. Right when Sinon runs to the door, the chain lock was hanging down. Sinon said she put all these locks on before she entered the BoB tournament.

Sep 27, 2014 10:41 AM

Jun 2014
The Kirito V Deathgun fight was a little lackluster. And they certanily nailed the creeper status of the friend. But yeah, i had a feeling they left something out, and it was the model gun scene.
Oh well, at lease we get to see kirito beat the shit out of that kid.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 27, 2014 10:42 AM

Feb 2014
Ah, Kirito slicing Death Gun in half, had little images of how Kirito was in SAO.
Sinon and Kirito winning BOB ~

Jeez, Shinkawa's just so dang creepy.
Way to go Kirito for punching the guy and saving Sinon.

"Later on, you will become a lively person causing headaches as the shrine-god."
Pages (13) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

» While you're watching Season 2

Bijou146 - Jan 14

23 by katnissmaezie »»
Jan 24, 11:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.