3It was OK
15.0%
2Disliked it
10.0%
1Hated it
15.0%
Average 3.6
20 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2014 6:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And this show ended today. While a few of the songs occasionally had decent tunes, it was overall meh series imo. Is that makeup also? Looks weird.

Season 2 has been confirmed though...
I wonder how that's going to work out.
Stark700Sep 27, 2014 6:32 AM
Sep 27, 2014 12:34 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
What a modernized auditorium that was this whole time! I won't be surprised if that actually beats the performance of the idols.

Amaki's thug friends were pretty funny though, laughing at him the whole time yet acknowledging him as a cool guy too. Yankee friendships can be cool stuff sometimes!

Kakeru's sister was nice to him for once; giving him advice to boost up his appeal. Still couldn't like her for some reason.

Nice surprise for the President's birthday. I bet he probably wanted to say he's forever 17.

Not bad, but I wanted to see their final performance though.
Looks like this is getting a second season! Did the series actually sell well!? That'd be quite surprising!

Sep 27, 2014 12:43 PM
Jul 2018
Amaki's makeup looked weird.

Kakeru's sister was nice to him for once.
Sep 27, 2014 12:52 PM

Feb 2012
I actually enjoyed this series because it was different from other idol anime. I think season 2 will focus more on their idol like more than in season1 because season 1 was more of a build up, get to know all the characters king of stuff. In all the anime did have it meh moment but the music was great and the characters were loveable; I am happy about a season 2.
Sep 27, 2014 1:10 PM

Mar 2013
Average series overall. I liked the fact that they showed in a more realistic way what it means to become an idol.
Sep 27, 2014 1:19 PM

Jun 2012
Surprised by low ratings for this. I think it was really good anime overall. Unlike other idol anime that focus more on cute girls doing cute things, it was more realistic, though I guess that's probably why people didn't like it in the first place.

I will look forward to season 2
Sep 27, 2014 2:08 PM

May 2012
I'm so happy there is a season 2!!! And I like the character build up. Looking for more performances on season 2.
Sep 27, 2014 2:10 PM

Apr 2014
I really wanted to see the entire performance... :-(
Regardless, it was a decent episode. Made me smile a lot.
Sep 27, 2014 2:25 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Makki is hilarious! His make-up was gold. Makki has a certain charm due to his sincerity, naivete, and oddness (seriously that make-up), and that's reason enough for people to like him and want to cheer for him. Glad his yankee friends are friends with him again ^^

For some reason, I almost teared up at Kakeru's scene with his sister (and also the talk with his father). He's come so far from the beginning, like learning to enjoy the stage or wanting to please the audience. And also his sister too, she had always been telling him to quite down, but when Kakeru actually asked her to help out, she was willing to. I love great character development, makes me feel as if I'm watching the characters grow up.

And that ending gave me chills, as the group was going on stage. Really liked the remix sounding of Never Ever bgm, it made me really excited for them. That was a great way to end this season. Looking forward to the next season!
Sep 27, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2013
how the hell did this shit got a second season?
Sep 27, 2014 5:46 PM

Nov 2011
I screamed at the season two announcement. Honestly, all the week I was like "ShoHolly is ending on Saturday and there's no way this is getting a season two..." Well, I was surprised.

Kakeru's scene with his sister was so sweet. And it was so nice of the boys, throwing a surprise party for the president.

Makki's make-up tho. And Cat didn't landed on his shoulder. :c
「喜びも悲しみもあなたさえ五等分なんです!」

Sep 27, 2014 6:23 PM

Mar 2009
Satisfying ending to a rocky but overall enjoyable series. Disappointed we didn't get to see their performance, though!

Shaniyaz said:
Looks like this is getting a second season! Did the series actually sell well!? That'd be quite surprising!

Last I heard it was selling pretty miserably... I was not expecting a second season at all, but I'm glad they somehow made it happen.
Sep 27, 2014 9:03 PM

Jul 2012
The makeup scene was hilarious. I wish this show had this type of humour throughout even if it was a bit.

I'm glad we'll get a second season. I most likely will rewatch this one because it's hard to get attached to the characters when they look and sound so similar plus the fact that I'm watching only one episode per week doesn't help either.

It's a dull show, but it's good overall. The best episode was the 3rd one which was very endearing and a few other ones were as rich in quality. So, briefly, I found this show a bit unsteady in quality. Maybe instead of jumping around the cast so much, they could have done arcs (like Free!, which had focus on Rin sometimes and then Haru and then Makoto) in 2-3 episodes at a time.

Another one of my superficial issues was definitely the choice of voice actors. I said this in the ep 1 discussion, but they chose five seiyuu that were all in the high pitch tier and that made them hard to distinguish by personality as opposed to another idol anime, Uta no Prince-sama which had a well picked seiyuu cast.
Sep 27, 2014 9:08 PM

Jul 2012
I really liked this series from the beginning, but I felt that it did drag on as it went by... It was alright. I'm gonna watch the second season, but I'll do my usual five episode rule. Too bad we didn't see their final performance. This episode was nice though.
Sep 28, 2014 5:52 AM

Sep 2010
The only thing I disliked was the fact they were building up the entire series for the concert, but they didn't show it.

7/10 still a fun show can't wait for second season. Maybe next time we will actually see their concerts.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 28, 2014 9:05 AM

Mar 2011
Khaledwx said:
how the hell did this shit got a second season?

idk, maybe because some people actually liked this shit?

Great anime overall tbh. I didn't expect to like it this much because I found the art style awkward and male idol anime isn't really my thing. I really wanted to see their performance, but this kind of ending was okay, too. 8/10. Looking forward to season 2!!
Sep 28, 2014 10:46 AM

Mar 2012
Meh. I don't even know how this got a second season... Maybe it was a split cour from the start. Might not watch the second season...
Sep 28, 2014 12:45 PM

Jul 2011
It was probably a split cour to begin with. Doubt the sales resulted in a S2.

Kakeru's sister being nice to him for once was great. :)

Roloko said:
The only thing I disliked was the fact they were building up the entire series for the concert, but they didn't show it.

THAT PISSED ME OFF. So much build up... but they didn't show it! But they did entire episodes on the other two minor performances. D:<

But I didn't expect this series to be good at all when I started. I was expecting another Meganebu-type of bore, but I was pleasantly surprised. The different approach this series takes is actually refreshing to me, and I like the way it's animated, the strange humor and plot, and the episode-long performances. I'm looking forward to season 2!
Definitely a series that isn't everyone's cup of tea.
Sep 28, 2014 2:39 PM

Oct 2011
Amakis make up OMG XD. The scene with his friends was heartwarming but Amakis make up made me laugh.

Kakeur sister was nice for once. That surprised me.

OMG why didn't they show the convert!!!! T__T Wanted to see them sing and dance Hello Sekai to the audience and show what they learned throughout the series T__T

SEASON 2 AHHHHHHHHHH
Sep 28, 2014 11:04 PM
Jun 2012
For the second half of this season I expected the concert to be the final episode.. and nothing.

I too think the second season was planed from the start, jan 2015 is too soon for anything else. Guess it also explains why they didn't do the show.
Sep 29, 2014 11:01 AM

Apr 2011
I'm guessing they blew most of the budget on episode 10? Would explain why they neglected to show the concert. Doesn't explain why this is a split-cour, though.
Sep 29, 2014 10:37 PM

Sep 2014
Why so serious Joker-san?
Oct 1, 2014 2:04 PM

Nov 2007
Make-up scene was gold:')

Why the low score tho?it's because people were expecting something like Utapuri and they didn't get it?
I personally really liked we got slice of life idol anime...it was pretty realistic and bittersweet.Especially for an person who is quite invested in idols (like me f.e XD).
But i am indeed surprised there is gonna be second season...but good,i am glad.
Oct 1, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2007
Make-up scene was gold:')

Why the low score tho?it's because people were expecting something like Utapuri and they didn't get it?
I personally really liked we got slice of life idol anime...it was pretty realistic and bittersweet.Especially for an person who is quite invested in idols (like me f.e XD).
But i am indeed surprised there is gonna be second season...but good,i am glad.
Oct 5, 2014 9:00 PM

May 2010
Amaki pfft.

Dat sibling interaction was really nice. His sister says wise things once in a while, and I like her name.

Kira with dat acting! God had his biggest surprise ever, I bet haha

This show had some big and small cringing moments, but I really liked it as a SOL show and all dat philosophical talk, esp. for it being a realistic idol show.

Can't wait for the 2nd season, gonna watch it for sure!

8/10
Jul 3, 2023 12:48 AM

Feb 2020
Happy Birthday, President!

Well, we didn't get to see their performance, after all. Maybe next season?

Overall, a pretty average first season. For me, the highlight moments were Miss Monochrome and those funny scenes with Cat.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

14 by Serafos »»
Jul 2, 2023 2:51 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

22 by Serafos »»
Jul 1, 2023 2:45 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

27 by Serafos »»
Jun 29, 2023 11:52 PM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

16 by Serafos »»
Jun 29, 2023 2:33 AM

Poll: » Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49 Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

15 by Serafos »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.