Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 31, 2009 1:05 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
the ending wasn't up to expectations especially given the initial actions thrills. The plot itself seems to unfold itself to nothing in the end - as if they have run out of lines. There seems to be a continuation though...
Nov 7, 2009 9:41 PM

Mar 2009
im amazed I made it to the end...that 15ep flashback was retarded

4/10
Nov 16, 2009 12:50 PM

Jun 2009
Rhastaroth said:
im amazed I made it to the end...that 15ep flashback was retarded

4/10
the flash back was a real put off. But still I've to say its better than some animes I never got to finish
Nov 18, 2009 5:19 PM

Jun 2009
The idea of the flash back was cool. The execution, however, was horrible.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 28, 2010 12:30 PM

May 2009
what's so wrong with flashback??? why does everyone hate it that much?
yeah i agree it was way too dragged and over-dramatized, but not that horrible
May 26, 2010 8:40 PM

Apr 2010
Horrible episode... T_t.... damn im frustated. T_t.. i cannot believe this is the ending.
Aug 16, 2010 6:46 PM
Feb 2010
One sentence:
Most Crapy End EVAAAAR
it like just ended in the midde of nowhere OMG.
Aug 25, 2010 5:25 PM

Apr 2010
such a bad episode. the flashbacks went on too long and they didnt have enough time to put work into the story of the final battle. even the OVA is a cliffhanger. i thought the ending would have been better but i guess it ruined it. 5/10
Aug 25, 2010 7:18 PM

Aug 2008
Can anyone give me the spoiler of the ending? I want to know if I show watch this anime or not, since many of you say that the ending wasn't good.
Dec 31, 2010 7:01 PM

Feb 2010
what kind of ending is this?????????????? come on i was hoping something better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 30, 2011 3:07 PM
Aug 2009
The worst ending ever. But it was fun. :D

Aug 12, 2011 8:00 AM

Nov 2010
I keep hearing ppl saying that Tenjho Tenge has such a bad ending... And now i Finally watched it myself... I dont really think its that bad... its too open yeah... i kind of hoped for a bit more... But i didnt mind it really ^^ I likes the show... 9/10 for the whole show... Even thou i still dont like the fact that Shin is dead before the show even started T_T
TathagataAug 12, 2011 9:14 AM
Sep 5, 2011 11:26 AM

Jul 2009
that was terrible.

i got to the end, i wanted to press next, but nothing happened. the anime overalll wasn't bad, but once you take the ending into account, the whole show is down graded. that last episode was completely rushed, and i can't believe that's it. 6/10.
If you can't beat 'em, try again.

Jan 31, 2012 4:52 AM

May 2011
Well overall it was alright, the action was cool but the flashbacks geez a bit too much. I believe they should have cut this series into two parts, 12 episodes each.

1st season (prequel): The flashbacks
2nd season (sequel): Stuff involved w/ the enforcers, and Nagi/Bob/Aya/Masataka

Feb 18, 2012 1:15 PM
Dec 2010
Part which took place in past that was the awesome thing,
part in present time sucked somewhat and it even doesn't have ending.I can't accept that Nagi dude took away most of spotlight, as i think that Takayanagi deserve role of main character much more. Its probably better that there's no proper sequel.
IMHO They should have rather made only past part with proper ending and for all of 24 eps lenght or present but with Takayanagi as main character and Nagi as usual secondary character who makes idiot from himself all the time what he does anyway :P
(7/10)

Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Dec 20, 2013 8:45 PM

Apr 2010
I gave up in the middle of episode 23 and skimmed through episode 24. Done.

The first episodes were great. But I started losing interest after the show started spending most of its time during pointlessly long and drawn out flashbacks. Waaaay too many sub-plots.

To be honest I was just letting the anime run in the background after episode 18. Something to distract me from long sessions of Eve Online.

May 7, 2015 1:26 PM

Apr 2013
Wow, what a piece of dog shit. Retarded characters, horrible story and 50% was just flashbacks. 1/10 one of the worst series I've ever watched.
Sep 3, 2015 1:08 AM
May 2010
lol this anime makes no sense at all....

A jackass council president who does things out of whim, does not get in trouble with the school, uses students as spies because he himself is a coward. He is determined to "crush" the club that he co founded. In the end, he said it himself that he was the one who "allowed it to live til this day"?? And why did he grow to hate Maya so much?

The vice prez is just...facepalm...

Maya and her expulsion....what happened to it?? I don't understand in the first few episodes what she meant by she didn't understand "the meaning of Mitsoumi killing Shin"...when she clearly witnessed the entire thing that Shin died voluntarily and that there is no way Mitsoumi could surpass him.

Nagi and bob...where are the developments?? How are they to change the fate??

Masataka and his bro... there are absolutely no chemistry between them...good job Mitsoumi for treating his sibling like sheeat..

Aya.... is just a crybaby...

Masataka... a disgrace to the family..

Oh... and where the hell were Aya and Masataka in the flashbacks?? How come Shin acted like he only had one sister... I wonder if the storytellers forgot their presence... or that they went on a honeymoon during all those times...

Isn't the Juken Club supposed to become Executive Council? What happened??

...and many more characters not worth my time to mention.

Overall, the plot is very inconsistent. 3/10 with grace.....HOWEVER!! I will give WTF score 10/10!!
jimmy2027Sep 3, 2015 8:50 PM
Oct 21, 2015 3:22 AM
Oct 2015
i think that anime will have second season
kyle<3anime
Nov 1, 2015 12:01 AM

Feb 2010
The ending ruined everything
Stop the sequels high-ranking stupidity.
Group franchises in Top Anime page.
Because Gintama is just "one" anime and not 5.
Jan 8, 2016 8:25 AM
Jan 2016
This anime amazed me first with the beauty of japanese martial art, usage of chi, with supernatural in school life and babes, and m.c is train to be strong, anice concept. Basically it's all I've been waiting for sooo long. But after the looooooong fcking retarded flashback, I was at my limit and just skip all these flashback. And the ending like no ending at all. I've been so mad bcoz this anime has rly nice concept as I mention b4. But sumone ruined all over it and this anime bcame like shit anime like Mirai Nikki or even worst than that!
Oct 6, 2016 11:23 AM

Aug 2014
I rewatched this after rating it 10 long time ago. Of course, I didn't remember too much from the actual plot, and now it just feels bad.. I loved the flashbacks back then, and I still do.

On the other hand, the story was all over the place, jumbled, sometimes I didn't know if I should focus on attention on Mitsoumi or Souichiro. To be honest, I liked Mitsoumi's past and development much better, even if it was really dark.
Mar 2, 2017 2:19 AM

Jul 2008
The main problem was having the flashbacks be so long. However if they started with those episodes and then fast forwarded to the present I think it would have been better for it.

And Maya you really need to fix this thing with you and Nagi.

6/10. I enjoyed it but the plot was poorly edited throughout and we had no resolution at the end.
Apr 16, 2017 1:13 AM

May 2015
9:06 mark… Chiaki breaking the 4 wall… and telling Bunshichi all of my frustration with Maya & this anime as an spectator.

IMO this went downhill since the flashback began, a first for me since flashback usually tend to make me more interested and more sympathetic toward character(s) the flashback is about, but with this anime was the opposite I despised Shin, Maya fell from grace in my eyes, Mana & Mitsuomi made me cringe and many more facepalm things… the only character that went from 0-100 in my likeable list was Bunshichi. The ending wasn't up to expectations especially when you compared the last episode with the first ones. The story itself seems to unfold into thin air at the end - as if they didn’t have more time to tell the story [of course not with all of the goddamn flashback ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)]. The idea of the flash back is always cool (fleshing out characters, explaining things, etc.)... the execution was terrible… let me explain the flashback eat a chunk out of this show and when the flashback ended the anime also ended thus finished in the middle of nowhere.

The studio should have change the title of this anime into Unrequited Love the series... with all of that I’m in love with him/her but she love her/him BS…

I think this series will go down in history as - 'Ah the series that actually has more flashback than normal story' XD

Raikee said:
This anime amazed me first with the beauty of japanese martial art, usage of chi, with supernatural in school life and babes, and m.c is train to be strong, anice concept. Basically it's all I've been waiting for sooo long. But after the looooooong fcking retarded flashback, I was at my limit. And the ending like no ending at all. I've been so mad bcoz this anime has rly nice concept as I mention b4. But sumone ruined all over
This...

Rupdedudludu said:
Very disappointing. The Flashback arc was horrible, it only showed me that Shin was an A**shole from the very start and that Mitsuomi was the actual Good guy but turned for whatever f*ucking reason evil at the end. Souichiro vs Mitsuomi was pretty nice though but the ending still sucked and felt rushed. But all in all the Anime was ok.

PS. Bunshichi MVP.
+1

WolfWood37 said:
The main problem was having the flashbacks be so long. However if they started with those episodes and then fast forwarded to the present I think it would have been better for it.

And Maya you really need to fix this thing with you and Nagi.

I enjoyed it but the plot was poorly edited throughout and we had no resolution at the end.
+1
May 3, 2019 5:04 PM

Nov 2012
I think most the hate for this ep comes from people judging it as a finale, and while you could argue that it technically is, the OVA functions as a direct sequel and picks up straight after this episode and provides a better conclusion of sorts for the series, I actually really enjoyed my time with Tenjou Tenge as a whole.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Jul 15, 2020 6:55 PM
Mar 2016
Literally the only good episode in this series (besides the one where Masataka had the opportunity to have Aya come over to his house even though he ended up not looking at her nipples or banging her). For this reason, I'm gonna rate this anime 6/10 instead of 5/10.
Nov 28, 2021 7:29 PM

Nov 2008
madhouse is still around. i hope one day they try again and do a season 2. i liked everything about this anime besides the long flashbacks
Sep 23, 2022 11:27 AM
Jan 2021

greenmarty said:
Part which took place in past that was the awesome thing,
part in present time sucked somewhat and it even doesn't have ending.I can't accept that Nagi dude took away most of spotlight, as i think that Takayanagi deserve role of main character much more. Its probably better that there's no proper sequel.
IMHO They should have rather made only past part with proper ending and for all of 24 eps lenght or present but with Takayanagi as main character and Nagi as usual secondary character who makes idiot from himself all the time what he does anyway :P
(7/10)

Sent with Mal Updater

This comment perfectly sums up my reaction to this anime. Flashbacks were better than the present sequence though overly dramatized. In present events, they should've focused more on Takayanagi as the primary MC. idk I never liked Souichirou from very beginning.
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune
Feb 18, 5:15 AM

Nov 2007
Just finished after starting this yeeeears ago. Unpopular opinion but I liked the flashback episodes more than the main story. The evolution of the characters (and the characters in general) in the flashback was much more interesting than the main cast in my opinion. With that being said, this was a story build up that went nowhere and I'm quite disappointed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenjou Tenge Episode 7 Discussion

meneope - Oct 11, 2009

9 by MajedM1999 »»
Feb 1, 5:09 PM

» The series lacks potential, but needs more exposure

RaltsPokemon - Nov 10, 2023

2 by INTJ_Ren »»
Nov 10, 2023 2:48 AM

Poll: » Tenjou Tenge Episode 3 Discussion

et-kubo - Jun 22, 2009

9 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:39 PM

» Manga or anime?

L1ncoln86 - May 8, 2023

3 by ArdaMTL »»
May 9, 2023 9:18 AM

Poll: » Tenjou Tenge Episode 5 Discussion

angelcross37 - Feb 18, 2012

7 by FireRifle64 »»
Apr 7, 2023 11:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.