Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2014
started off strong. got a little weak when 5 was introduced. ended beautifully.
overall, to me, znt is an 8/10. but shit, the ending credits was the most beautiful thing i've ever watched
Sep 25, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
Damn, Complete sadness when Twelve was Shot.
Sep 25, 2014 2:00 PM

Oct 2012
Kundalini said:
After that ending OST..
http://8tracks.com/feenixfly/listen-to-the-grass-grow

keeps the feeling.

makes you think about things.

I agree. And here's the one I mentioned.
http://8tracks.com/kowasu/zankyou-no-terror-ost
それでも 今は 生きて 歌え ...
Sep 25, 2014 2:01 PM

Jul 2014
Incredibly gorgeous explosion you got here ZnT. If only everything else was as good as its visuals. It was by no means bad just quite average aside from visuals. Well least I can thank the show for being beautiful, entertaining, and introducing the world to studio MAPPA.
Sep 25, 2014 2:02 PM

Aug 2012
OMG Nine and Twelve!!!
;(((((
Sep 25, 2014 2:03 PM

Dec 2012
GOD DAMN IT USA!!! Just . . . . STOP MEDDLING AND KILLING PEOPLE!!!
In real life and in anime, they can just never stay in their own country. . .

They looked like they could finally be happy and yet. . .

DAMN IT ALL!!!
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
Sep 25, 2014 2:07 PM

May 2013
That was beutiful but sad ending. Thought that detective will let them go, but ohh well, Definetaly a 10 from me.
Sep 25, 2014 2:13 PM

May 2009
ShinjuShoku said:
Kundalini said:
After that ending OST..
http://8tracks.com/feenixfly/listen-to-the-grass-grow

keeps the feeling.

makes you think about things.

I agree. And here's the one I mentioned.
http://8tracks.com/kowasu/zankyou-no-terror-ost

Ah, Thanks! I wondered if anyone put it there yet. Still listening to the one I mentioned. This will be next. :)
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Sep 25, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2010
Even when I saw it coming, even when it was foreshadowed...

Lisa still pissed me off but not as much. . . . -sigh-

Sep 25, 2014 2:17 PM

Oct 2012
Interesting start, yet ended up being painfully average.

6/10
Sep 25, 2014 2:21 PM

Sep 2010
Ah... the great anime just ended.

Cry!

My general thoughts on the series.

Masterpiece till Five appears. Afterwards great anime!

I loved first episodes more and they could easily rival any anime that is out there. At that time I thought that it's as good if not better than death note. (And death note was since always my top anime as well as one of the first ones that I watched)

Still while I though like that at first, even since Five appeared, it wasn't the same anymore. It's probably my preference only but it was not only because of that character. At that time because a anti-hero appeared the current anti-heroes started to go around and save people rather than making treats on them like they did before. Sure they weren't killing anyone but it was still good, but then they become good-heroes who saves people. It wasn't the same anymore.

Anyway for the ending, CRY! Still based on their past it was bound to happen and actually it's probably much better ending than them living in prison. Still how could they first show some happy times and then kill them of.

CRY!
Sep 25, 2014 2:24 PM

Aug 2014
fuk you us
Sep 25, 2014 2:25 PM

Apr 2010
What of waste of nice ideas... In the end I'll remember this series just for the wonderful soundtrack and for those feels it gave me after all. This pisses me off, since the anime was one of my favourite when it started /:

6/10
Sep 25, 2014 2:28 PM

Feb 2013
Great ending, i really enjoyed this show overall. R.I.P 9 and 12
Sep 25, 2014 2:31 PM

Apr 2013
The story turned out to be quite mediocre in the end... It was still an entertaining anime for its whole run, but after a great start I can't but feel disappointed in how it turned out.
Its interesting premise, amazingly fitting ost and good visuals still made me look forward to watching every week and the fact that I haven't watched any similar anime to it definitely helped me enjoying it.
The biggest flaw I found in the series was how with each episode passing, I felt my suspension of disbelief grew larger to a point it started to annoy me. I'm usually not bothered by "anime logic", but when a show goes to the trouble to make its setting realistic at first and then just gives up on it midway through it does annoy me.
Thinking back on it, one of the main strength of this series lies on the brilliant directing of a few scenes. The bike scene back in episode 4 is a great example of it (or even the scene where 12 was disarming the bombs attached to Lisa).

It's a 7/10 for me.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 25, 2014 2:31 PM

Nov 2013
Some parts of this show were really good, but this ending left a lot of unanswered questions and I feel they could've gone a different way without killing off 9 and 12...

7/10
Sep 25, 2014 2:40 PM

Jun 2013
Oh my GOD!!!!! The ending hit me really hard!!!!!!!
IM CRYING BUCKETS
5/5 Last episode
9/10 overall :')
Sep 25, 2014 2:41 PM

Nov 2011
Well, the ending wasn't quite as much of a disappointment as I expected, but there were still some problems. The biggest one was with the U.S. intervention: It made no sense for them to shoot Twelve first when it was Nine holding the detonator. At that, risking more nuclear explosions was not a worthy risk for a comparatively small cover-up. Why would they assume that Shibazaki wouldn't speak up about their part too? It's not like Five was the only one who knew about him.

At that, I understand that Twelve and Nine's objective was to expose their childhood and Japan's production of nuclear bombs, but actually setting it off felt excessive. They still placed many lives at risk, and they caused billions of dollars of damage. That could have aftereffects on Japan's economy for years, not to mention their utter defenselessness. Crime would have also increased a lot, even in a culture like Japan's. I get that it's pretty daring to set off an atom bomb in an anime, but there needs to be better justification, I think.

Eh. The ending was decent, I guess. Still, the plot was never fleshed out well and the character development was nearly non-existent across the series. I think the show could have gotten a lot better had the episodes with Five been replaced with something else, even barring the universal perspective and lack of tension I've been talking about. It sucks, because this had a lot of potential starting out.

I'll probably end up going with 4/10 or 5/10. I'll have to think about it a bit.
Sep 25, 2014 2:43 PM

Jun 2013
Powerful start, but turned into roller-coaster of doom up until the end, which I thought was alright. Loads of plot holes that I hoped would be explained never actually were, so that's disappointing. Characters for the most part were pretty good but Lisa should've never been a character at all in my opinion, she was just a hindrance to the show, what with her cliche clumsiness and uselessness and all..
Granted the visual and sound aspect of this show were very good so that raises the score a bit.
All in all

6/10
Sep 25, 2014 2:46 PM

Feb 2013
A great concept with poor execution. A very strong couple of opening episodes accompanied by reused concepts over and over.

Would be more impactful if it was remade into a 90-120 minute movie imo.
Sep 25, 2014 2:51 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
. . .
Pain, I feel pain. X.X
Sep 25, 2014 2:55 PM

Sep 2012
Started off strong then got weaker and weaker as it progressed.

7/10
Sep 25, 2014 2:57 PM

Jul 2008
Damn what a retarded and contrived way of killing off the characters. Having the US showing up from nowhere and just killing one of them makes about as much sense as the square root of -1...
Sep 25, 2014 2:58 PM

Mar 2013
Another sad ending in this season...

I lost interest a bit in the middle somewhere .( in episodes with five )

Ost is very good.

I expected more detail about that orphanage institution though

Anyway , it was good in general.

7 / 10
Sep 25, 2014 3:01 PM
Oct 2012
Justicar said:
Damn what a retarded and contrived way of killing off the characters. Having the US showing up from nowhere and just killing one of them makes about as much sense as the square root of -1...

The square root of -1 is 1i. What's illogical?

:)

I didn't understand but on a rewatch, it was making sense but nevertheless threatening and very illtimed.
Sep 25, 2014 3:04 PM

Dec 2013
I agree with what most people seem to be saying: the show started off very strong and kind of lost its way gradually.

This episode seemed a little underwhelming to me. Nine and Twelve did so much to get to this point, but it was all just to expose the truth behind the Rising Peace Academy? That is not at all where I thought the show was going. Like with the show's tagline, "Pull the trigger on this world," I didn't expect it to be such a small affair.

I'm also still a little confused as to why exactly the atomic bomb had to go off in the first place. Like, what was the purpose of making all of the electricity go out? How was that the final piece? Does anyone here have an idea?

Also, why was the US even there? I thought that it was because of Five's personal vendetta against Nine, but that was all done away with and was also never explained.

Perhaps I just missed something huge here, but it just feels like a lot of the narrative didn't really add up. If anyone can shed any light, I'd be happy to listen, but right now I'm just at a loss.

However, the anime was still beautiful, and I get the feeling that there is probably a lot of meaning underneath the surface. I'll wait to read some other theories as they come out. Right now, 7/10 is what I'll give it.
Sep 25, 2014 3:07 PM

Jul 2014
Wow.

I love this anime to death, but the ending felt a little... underwhelming? Not sure how to put it. There was some element left to be desired. The first 2/3 of the episode was great - the EXPLOSION, amazing visuals, more unreleased OST tracks.

Then you have Sphinx enjoying themselves about 20 minutes in, and it feels so upbeat and incredibly out of place that you can just feel something bad about to happen - and sure enough, Shibazaki and later the Americans just show up, the latter shoots Twelve and then Nine conveniently dies right afterwards?

I mean, I'm sure all of us could see Nine and Twelve dying from miles away, but I didn't expect it to be so... sudden. But damn, I still felt bad when Twelve got shot. Big WTF moment for pretty much anyone who still cares about the characters at this point. Loved the music though.

I'd give the show a 7/10 for the story and 10/10 for the visuals/music. It was definitely a stylish anime, at the very least. I didn't expect the show's writing to be amazingly spectacular after all, since it's essentially a political commentary show anyway. Overall, it was a wild ride, and I enjoyed every second of it. :]

Time to mope around a little more, RIP Sphinx 1 and 2 _(:3 ∠)_
Sep 25, 2014 3:07 PM
Aug 2011
Nothing more on Lisa's mom or her situation? okay... :/

Mostly disappointing series.
7/10 only because it had pretty scenes
standSep 25, 2014 3:29 PM
Sep 25, 2014 3:10 PM

May 2009
dede_rich said:

This episode seemed a little underwhelming to me. Nine and Twelve did so much to get to this point, but it was all just to expose the truth behind the Rising Peace Academy? That is not at all where I thought the show was going. Like with the show's tagline, "Pull the trigger on this world," I didn't expect it to be such a small affair.

Not a small affair when you think about it. It's a politically motivated agenda.
They set the conditions so that their voices will be heard. And they were small voices that could be muffled easily, but not when they manipulate things that way.

Ah.. don't feel like theorising now.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Sep 25, 2014 3:11 PM

Jun 2014
I don't get the hate over Five. The US intervention was purposeful to me and without it, some of the themes would not have come out as strong. Look up Unit 731, a Japanese biological warfare unit that took part in human experimentation. After the surrender of the Japanese, General Douglas McArthur secretly granted immunity to the physicians of Unit 731, including their leader, in exchange for providing America, but not the other wartime allies, with their research on biological warfare and data from human experimentation. You can draw a parallel between those 2, with US taking Five away and keeping quiet over the whole issue. We gain an insight into the Foreign Policy of the US.

As for her character, she might have been over the top and random, but her childish behavior is no surprise given how she has been confined in that institution for so long. She is meant to be a collection of paradoxes: a teenage girl that tries to be an adult (link it back to the show's theme of conflict between generations), an outcast that stand in a position of authority. Some call her stupid for living so long just for a game, but that's the point: while the government can try to artificially create superhumans, they cannot compensate for the hollowness in the children. To others it might look like a petty rivalry, but to Five it is her only source of motivation.

I'm not going to address the non-problem of 'Lisa is useless and irrelevant in the show' because if you think that you clearly do not have the capacity to grasp the themes the show is conveying.

The complaint about 'having no emotional connection to Nine and Twelve' isn't a valid complaint either, because attachment to the characters is a very subjective matter. I did feel connected to the characters and felt anxious for them every time before the new episode came up.

People on here can choose to not admit it, but criticising a show that's totally bad is nowhere near as fun as shitting on an above average show you deem overrated, isn't it. The hate bandwagon is very tempting, people like criticizing something that is generally deemed good just to feel that they are more 'evaluative and objective' than others. But maybe you just don't 'get' the show. (I saw some people giving this a 6/10 but gave a higher rating to shows like Elfen Lied and No Game No Life... Sorry but I had to laugh.)

Personally, I loved the anime and it enlightened me on Japanese history. I found the ending very moving and this show is easily my favourite among the anime released in summer.
waluigiaSep 25, 2014 3:23 PM
Sep 25, 2014 3:14 PM

Jun 2014
Honestly this anime started off so good (why does it seem like I've been saying that for most of the shows in this season?) I just kind of felt like it went nowhere... a bit underwhelming. A couple of asspulls through the whole thing was so annoying like was the no-electricity thing to represent them being all alone and in darkness or what?
Since we didn't get much character development, when Nine and Twelve died I was like..... ok..... idk just didn't really respond it to it. Which sucks because I actually really loved them both.. oh well.
Sep 25, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
great show
the end was absolutely terrific
9/10
Sep 25, 2014 3:23 PM
Oct 2012
invisibletrigger said:
I don't get the hate over Five. The US intervention was purposeful to me and without it, some of the themes would not have come out as strong. Look up Unit 731, a Japanese biological warfare unit that took part in human experimentation. After the surrender of the Japanese, General Douglas McArthur secretly granted immunity to the physicians of Unit 731, including their leader, in exchange for providing America, but not the other wartime allies, with their research on biological warfare and data from human experimentation. You can draw a parallel between those 2, with US taking Five away and keeping quiet over the whole issue. We gain an insight into the Foreign Policy of the US.

As for her character, she might have been over the top and random, but her childish behavior is no surprise given how she has been confined in that institution for so long. She is meant to be a collection of paradoxes: a teenage girl that tries to be an adult (link it back to the show's theme of conflict between generations), an outcast that stand in a position of authority. Some call her stupid for living so long just for a game, but that's the point: while the government can try to artificially create superhumans, they cannot compensate for the hollowness in the children. To others it might look like a petty rivalry, but to Five it is her only source of motivation.

The complaint about 'having no emotional connection to Nine and Twelve' isn't a valid complaint, because attachment to the characters is a very subjective matter. I did feel connected to the characters and felt anxious for them every time before the new episode came up.

People on here can choose to not admit it, but criticising a show that's totally bad is nowhere near as fun as shitting on an above average show you deem overrated, isn't it. The hate bandwagon is very tempting, people like criticizing something that is generally deemed good just to feel that they are more 'evaluative and objective' than others. But maybe you just don't 'get' the show. (I saw some people giving this a 6/10 but gave a higher rating to shows like Elfen Lied and No Game No Life... Sorry but I had to laugh.)

Personally, I loved the anime and it enlightened me on Japanese history. I found the ending very moving and this show is easily my favourite among the anime released in summer.

One hundred percent agreed.

http://moesucks.com/2014/09/18/terror-in-resonance-ep-10-nuclear-option/

This guy goes along more or less on your views.

Oh, I shitted on NGNL cause I despised the characters. I rather take these characters who are bland but have motivation to bring something, have a cause then two siblings fucking shit up cause it is a game and nothing else. They don't care at all.

To think that it gets such a high rating reminds me that the majority of anime viewers are little children by the age of 12-17 who gets attracted to bullshit easy. Then there's Sword ARt....

Let's not get into it but yes, I hate shows that get recognition that isn't even worth it. They broke to mainstream success but can't be remembered in years. This show will stick by me for its music and the characters. While not much on development, the characters made me grow fond, I couldn't help myself to like these two terrorists.
Sep 25, 2014 3:25 PM

Nov 2011
Wow first time I cry not because of characters dying, but because this episode depressed me. It pretty much sums up the frustration of living in this shitty world. Can I even believe how emo I got after watching this? I mean you all must have felt at some point how shit everything is, how we all get alienated, ignore real problems and turn a blind eye to those less lucky. And no matter what kind of noble intentions one has, it usually passes to be ignored anyway.

Conclusion: life is pointless.

But what is even more pointless is Five. I still have to understand what her purpose was in this show.
Sep 25, 2014 3:26 PM

May 2009
First half was great, the second half really sucked. Dunno if its because Fives introduction or because, as someone pointed out, it was starting to go nowhere. In the end I didnt really care about any of those characters. The premise with the child experiments reminded me kind of about Monster, excapt Monster is actually a good show, start to finsih, with caracters you bond with. If this show was given more episodes and time to develop it might have been good. The whole anime seems kind of hollow and missing something.

Oh, and Lisa is the most useles character ever, the show would literally not have changed in the slighest bit if she wasnt there.
Sep 25, 2014 3:26 PM
Oct 2012
Morridine said:
Wow first time I cry not because of characters dying, but because this episode depressed me. It pretty much sums up the frustration of living in this shitty world. Can I even believe how emo I got after watching this? I mean you all must have felt at some point how shit everything is, how we all get alienated, ignore real problems and turn a blind eye to those less lucky. And no matter what kind of noble intentions one has, it usually passes to be ignored anyway.

But what is even more pointless is Five. I still have to understand what her purpose was in this show.

This might help you, or maybe over analyzing it. Up to you but it would make sense on clues.
Sep 25, 2014 3:29 PM
Sep 2014
I was satisfied with the episode until US showed up. Well I was right on the money about how the whole nuke affair will play out but I don't get why they only shoot Twelve when all four of them present knew about US involvement in airport incident and they just left because of Shibazaki ?! And Nine followed Twelve immediately which didn't felt right cause there was no sign that Nine's health deteriorated that much. It was as if someone switched off Nine as soon as he finished his part.
Well It was a fun ride but in my opinion the whole US involvement felt out of place. It could be solid 9 if they played it out bit differently.
Sep 25, 2014 3:31 PM

Sep 2014
simply amazing this episode was a hell of a lot better than all of the others IMO nine and twelve i had tears at that tragic momment and lisa even she grew on me in that last episode at the moment of that bomb i was smh at the shock and the thriller moments this episode damn not suprised with the end tho :P
Sep 25, 2014 3:32 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, best show I've seen in a while, magnificient story with a magnificient goal, loved it start to end, Great job ;)
Sep 25, 2014 3:35 PM
Oct 2012
55UiM10 said:
I was satisfied with the episode until US showed up. Well I was right on the money about how the whole nuke affair will play out out but I don't get why they only shoot Twelve when all four of them present knew about US involvement in airport incident and they just left because of Shibazaki ?! And Nine followed Twelve immediately which didn't felt right cause there was no sign that Nine's health deteriorated that much . It was as if someone switched off Nine as soon as he finished his part.
Well It was a fun ride but in my opinion the whole US involvement felt out of place. It could be solid 9 if they played it out bit differently.

They started with Twelve for some strange reasons. He didn't have the remote and maybe the stun would be enough to give them a shot but Shibazaki interfered.

The USA's invovlement stem largely from the atomic bomb and Five's past since they can hold this over Japan's head. Like you have a dirty secret and someone knows about it. They'll force you to do things or tell your friends and family what you do. Imagine the worst, darkest secret you have, you'd be desperate to not have it be told. Yeah, that's Japan with USA.

USA does not wish to have their involvement in the terrorists attacks to be known. With abducting five to placing bombs in Airports, to injuring vehicles in hopes to secure the bomb with Nine in tow, lots of things going on. The USA just handed a different spin. How much or good it was depends on the viewer.
Sep 25, 2014 3:38 PM

Jul 2014
Eh, was good in the beginning. Lisa ended up adding nothing really to the plot.
Sep 25, 2014 3:39 PM

Aug 2009
The ending was pretty nice. Should have played the OST von so it would match the theme of the episode. Really enjoyed this anime. It's a bit sad how it all ended.

Sep 25, 2014 3:44 PM

Oct 2013
Damn that ending ! I'm speechless
Sep 25, 2014 3:50 PM

Dec 2012
5/10 mainly because of plain and boring characters.
Hope this anime soon drops out from Top 200 because it sucks.
Sep 25, 2014 3:50 PM

Nov 2011
BRK25 said:
Morridine said:

This might help you, or maybe over analyzing it. Up to you but it would make sense on clues.

Thank you kind sir, I found this to be satisfying :D
Sep 25, 2014 3:53 PM

Jan 2014
Murica Fuck Yeah
Sep 25, 2014 4:05 PM

Aug 2013
skudoops said:
Milchy said:
Why did they only shoot one of them? If the orders were to ignore the bomb and kill both of em ??

Better question is why didn't they shoot all of them?

I was more like: Why didn't they shoot the guy with the detonator?
Sep 25, 2014 4:07 PM

Mar 2014
My feels are overflowing...
Sep 25, 2014 4:09 PM

Dec 2013
That ended really well, the sound track was especially fitting. All around 9/10.

The story did seem to be lacking in the middle of the series with Five but I think it more than redeemed its self. I love how there goal was not only to expose what happened at Rising Peace Academy, but also to wipe out the nations electronics. This connects back really well to the theme of disconnect in modern society thrown around throughout this series. Also it was nice to mention Von at the end, even though the most of us had figured out the meaning early on.

Probably the best show of summer 2014 season! Good job MAPPA and Watanabe!
Sep 25, 2014 4:12 PM

Jul 2013
Really unexpected ending but i came to love it non the less.

Overall an amazing series in my opinion, definitely the overall best anime of 2014.

I can't even talk about it cause my words won't do it justice, it was just an extremely smart thought provoking show; really wish it would have been more than 11 episodes but it doesn't matter it was short and sweet.

10/10 imo great series, hope to see more from the creators.
The best anime is the Road to El Dorado
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

412 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.