Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2014 4:23 PM

Feb 2013
An EMP nuke would probably kill plenty of people, like those that depend on pacers, or people at hospitals all over Japan, etc. You can't assume that frying the energy grid is a "safe" act of terrorism.
Sep 26, 2014 4:33 PM
Apr 2013
Good anime, wish there were more episodes.
12 and 9 death was inevitable. The art is splendid, kinda realistic.
People in Tokyo had a chance to witness the greatness of the universe that they cannot see when the city light is too bright. Too bad they can't take a picture of it.
(Remember to bring a film camera with you to take picture in case of nuclear bomb detonation)
Sep 26, 2014 4:33 PM

Jun 2011
Archenbaldt said:
skudoops said:

Better question is why didn't they shoot all of them?

I was more like: Why didn't they shoot the guy with the detonator?
Lol me too, I wondered why didn't they shoot Nine first. It's just one of those plot convenience I think.

By the end of it I am actually satisfied with Lisa's role, imo she was there to see Nine and Twelve to their end.. She is there to add the sentimental value, I guess. might have worded it poorly

Ending was bittersweet. I feel sad for both Nine and Twelve.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 26, 2014 4:59 PM
Jul 2013
Zankyou no Terror had a satisfyingly clever ending.

My early criticism was that the show had some more potential, but actually I tip my hat to the writers for prioritizing the message over the profitability. Really I don't care so much about the stunted character development and plot problems, because that wasn't the focus of the show at all. It probably would have been a mistake to drag this on for too many episodes and/or give 9 and 12 plot armour and unreasonably good luck.

8/10 for being something different, albeit imperfect.
Sep 26, 2014 5:21 PM

Jan 2010
That ending surprised me. I didn't expect them to die.
So all of those part of the project is dead.... Damn.
Sep 26, 2014 5:49 PM

Oct 2013
7/10 here. Great start,mediocre middle & decent towards the end. Five's introduction seriously limited this show. I can't even call her a good plot device because the plot didn't benefit from her presence at all. The time spent on her would've been better spent on developing Lisa more since she remained a plot device as well. Shibazaki was without doubt the most developed character and his presence was always very much welcomed.
Sep 26, 2014 6:30 PM

Mar 2014
Omg that ending! Best anime of the season.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 26, 2014 6:55 PM

Mar 2009
Overall score: 6.5/10

This show has been somewhat disappointing for me, I had such high expectations, then they added 5 and ruined everything, they made a decent effort to recover towards the end but it wasn't enough to win me over.

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Sep 26, 2014 7:02 PM

Aug 2014
Wow. Just wow. One of the most perfect endings i've ever seen in an Anime. It was somehow unsatisfying, with the protagonists both dying and all, but... it was beautiful.

The animation of the flying jets was flawless. The bomb explosion was stunning. The brief happy times that followed... very nice. And after that...

...the feels hit me like a train, but i managed to hold back the manly tears. Nine and Twelve did want to bring light to what happened to them, but ultimately - they just wanted people to acknowledge their existence. I'm really glad Nine didn't give into anger when Twelve got shot, and instead entrusted it all to Shibazaki, who at last managed to achieve their goal. And that soundtrack...

Zankyou no Terror did fall a bit short towards the middle, but it ended it with bang. Literally. Endings hold more weight when i decide my score, not to mention soundtracks, so i'm going to have to say that Terror in Resonance is undoubtedly one of, if not the best Anime of 2014.

Episode score: 5/5
Final score: 8.5/10, but since MAL doesn't deal with fractions, i'm going to round it to a personal 9/10. : )

R.I.P Nine and Twelve. Have a nice life, Lisa and Shibazaki.
MaledictSep 26, 2014 7:06 PM
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 26, 2014 8:13 PM

Jun 2010
Well, I'm speechless.

Brilliant series. Beautiful ending. It's not perfect but well-written in my opinion. 9/10
Sep 26, 2014 8:24 PM

Mar 2009
LOL @ America always being the bad guys.

In the end, I actually felt something for Nine and Twelve. What a shitty life they had, and what a shitty end.

While this was a good finale, Zankyou no Terror was the biggest disappointment of the season for me; along with Aldnoah.Zero. The two shows that I was looking forward to the most too.

Production values, Watanabe’s stunning and cinematic direction, the animation, and Kanno’s wonderful score – all on point.

But the writing? It left a lot to be desired. Despite my love for Megumi Han, Five was a weak antagonist and had such an abrupt end(episode 10 was the worst of the series, easily). Lisa was a much more interesting character in the beginning when she was dealing with bullying and her terrible mother. Then she became klutzy and cute when she joined up with Twelve and Nine. Her character was just handled so poorly, and ultimately nothing was done with her. Five and Lisa were definitely the biggest problems I had with the show.

To be honest, even though I still had some problems with the show in the beginning, I was enjoying it. But once Five showed up, she brought the whole show down with her.
Sep 26, 2014 8:52 PM

May 2012
</3 FEELS </3
Sep 26, 2014 10:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Started with good premise, ended very weak. One of the biggest disappointment of the season.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Sep 26, 2014 10:14 PM

Dec 2013
Ain't got much to say, AOTY for me, 10/10
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Sep 26, 2014 11:07 PM
Sep 26, 2014 11:27 PM

Jun 2009
A very fitting end to two terrorist.

I didn't think Shibazaki would be able to tell their story, so at least, in some way they achieve their goal.

And they at least have Lisa and Shibazaki to remember that they once lived.

Very fitting end indeed, this is as positive as it can get
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2014 12:06 AM
Oct 2013
Not THAT bad after all, but still hard to go beyond 7/10.
Sep 27, 2014 12:08 AM
Jul 2014
Anime needed to be at least twice as long imo, just felt way too short. Good buildup at the start but I lost my hype for it Didn't care much for the characters which probably would've been different if it was longer and 5 didn't feel like such a forced villain. Like other people have said a lot of potential but they just didn't bring it.
Sep 27, 2014 12:27 AM

Jun 2012
I really enjoyed this series, and am really impressed by it. The soundtracks, art, and animation especially were excellent. I know it will be added to my list of favorites :)

Sep 27, 2014 12:35 AM

Jul 2012
I could give a 10 if it was longer. I liked the end. 9/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2014 12:41 AM

Aug 2013
Loved it. Ending was tragic, but also had a sense of beauty to it.

The little things like when 9 said "remember us...remember that we lived". And when Lisa and Shibazaki talked about how VON meant hope at the end.

What seemed like little tidbits, really bring a much deeper meaning to the show when you take those tidbits and look back ad reflect on everything that happened in the previous 10 episodes. It really changes the way you think bout everything that happened.

I'm also probably one of the few, if not the only person, who understood Five's character and her purpose so while I didn't like her as a character, I understood why she was in the show and I liked what she was meant for.

Shit, even the purpose of having Lisa as a character finally made sense this episode.

10/10 for me. Absolutely loved it. People hated on how easy the riddles were, and how annoying Five was, but I understood the reasoning and it made it that much better for me.
Sep 27, 2014 12:56 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Very distinct art and a breathtaking soundtrack are just two of the many great things that make up this anime. With just a bare 11 episodes, I think this was done to an incredible standard and though it slipped here and there, the finale picked everything up for a clear finish. I think certain elements of the show are hit and miss, such as Five's characterisation but taking it all in as a whole, ZnT uses the time it has wisely and that pays off with a tense and tightly tuned story.

Overall, coupled with great presentation and a story that keeps you reeled in, I think ZnT is a great achievement on many accounts.

8/10
Sep 27, 2014 1:22 AM

Sep 2014
Zankyou no Terror had an Amazing start, but kinda lost it in the middle.
It pulled back up at the last few episodes, but not as strong as the beginning.

Overall: 9/10 - i hope we get to see more animes which incorporates terrorist and police/detectives.
Sep 27, 2014 1:29 AM

Dec 2013
A incredible finale to a otherwise disappointing series. I loved the OST used in this episode and the feels were overwhelming. RIP 9+12. Although the later episodes kinda sucked due to a certain liability I'm still giving the show 8/10 because of the amazing first couple of episodes and the amazing finale.
Sep 27, 2014 1:38 AM

Aug 2010
Ending wasn't over the top, and was anti-climatic like some have said but wow was it beautiful in its own way.
Sep 27, 2014 2:39 AM

Sep 2010
Awesome stuff... was interesting till the end... and ending is most satisfactory and realistic.... Even though there were some parts I didn't really liked....

Finale - 5/5
Series - 8/10
Sep 27, 2014 2:46 AM

Jun 2011
The ending was a beautiful tragedy.
I knew Nine would die in the end but Twelve's death killed me. Nine's reaction made me really sad. T___T
Sep 27, 2014 3:41 AM

Nov 2007
The Feels.
Best Firework show ever.
My heart broke when 12 was shot.
VON=hope.

9/10
Sep 27, 2014 3:49 AM

Oct 2013
such a good show!
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Sep 27, 2014 4:27 AM

Mar 2013
Not as good as it started out being, unfortunately. Pretty much ever since Five was introduced it's gone downhill for me. Not to an extreme extent, but a bit. Her character never really got better to be honest.

The ending was nice though, in its own way.

Visuals and sound? Reeeeeeally good. But that's obvious.

It gets a 7 or an 8 from me. It was definitely a 9 during the first half though.
Sep 27, 2014 4:28 AM

Aug 2012
This was very good.

That ending was a surprise though... fucking US dem, slap weh di unarmed kids... smh

The first explosion that actually did major arm.
It was beautiful.

Kuh di ballas dem!
Except for Lisa of course! :D

9/10

Sent with Mal Updater
MarXHunterSep 27, 2014 4:32 AM
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Sep 27, 2014 5:56 AM

May 2013
ending was pointless...

7/10
Sep 27, 2014 6:02 AM

Dec 2009
I loved it.
I expected their death, sadly I was right.
Sad and beautiful episode. Really thrilling anime. At first I was bored but it has become interesting.
I'm between 9/10 and 10/10, but I can't stop thinking about the meaning of the word VON, revealed in the end --oh, and the "Remember that we lived" really a great line (okay, I'm in tears again) ((ok, ok, here your 10/10))
Sep 27, 2014 6:27 AM

Jan 2012
Overall 10/10 , one of the most enjoying shows I've seen in a while. I do unfortunately feel that if they had one or two episodes more they could have done a lot more. Still very satisfying.
Sep 27, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2014
You know the show achieved something when a police detective is visiting and laying flowers on the graves of terrorists.

"Remember us..."
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 27, 2014 6:53 AM
Jul 2018
This one picked my interet in the first 3 episodes. Then there were a couple of ones I didn't like but the series finnished strong with 3 amazing ones. I loved this final episode the most. It was very sad of corse but it ended exactly how it should.
Amazing series. I would recommend this to anyone.
Overall score: 9/10 :)
Sep 27, 2014 7:52 AM

Jul 2012
Mwah, I don't know. If your more into the hidden motifs, symbolics and hidden meanings this might be just the show for you. In my opinion it was anti climatic and not so interesting. I did enjoy the episodes before this one, the tricks and plans that they set up genially but in the end the story was not about that, it was just a side issue to accomplish the world of knowing about modernization and what kind of experiments modernization has lead to..

6/10.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 27, 2014 8:19 AM
Jun 2010
Finally they got the guts to be great.
Sep 27, 2014 8:32 AM

Jan 2011
Definitely a good show, but it could be so much better. Still had a lot of stuff I liked.
Wish I could've given this a higher score, but for now 8/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 27, 2014 8:54 AM

Jun 2014
skudoops said:
invisibletrigger said:
Anyway, although the development was not outstanding, it's certainly not static.

Can't believe NGNL has such a high rating either. The invincibility factor resulted in zero tension. Some might argue that the excitement lies in how the problems were solved, but the show was nowhere as strategic and clever as it makes itself out to be. (the chess scene......) The parts where they won games by 'complex calculations in my head just because I'm a genius' are very lazy writing. I guess it appeals to the male gamer demographic, which makes up the majority of this website.

I actually find your point of view interesting, but despite everything five's lack of development will always be the downfall to her character. A simple question like "Why is 5 being rivals with 9?" cannot be reasonably answered other than "she wants to beat him". There was no reason why 5 didn't escape with 9 and 12 either, she just decided to stay back because? Who knows. We are seeing the end result of her childhood, but without seeing that childhood what we are left with his an over the top crazy person who comes off as overly irrational.

Your point about not feeling a connection to the characters also comes back to this. On some level you must understand why people don't care for them, there was very little time for personal development and honestly, only 12 felt like he grew as a character since we saw his relationship with Lisa and change in thinking develop over the entire series. Lisa's reaction to the bomb wasn't one out of strength from my POV, it was one of out weakness. She had given up on life and thought herself as trash (remember the scene before when 5 was talking to her) and she blamed herself for causing all the trouble that 9 and 12 were in. This self loathing stemmed from her relationship with her mother and at that point I truly believed she just didn't care whether she lived or died, but did care that she was again causing trouble for 12. Her dialogue on the ferris wheel greatly implies what I'm saying is true.

As for the general American intervention? I have no issues with that, that's just how America operates. In terms of rating other shows, well NGNL and the likes aren't exactly going for the same thing as this, but I do agree that it's pretty crazy NGNL is rated so highly, I personally found it to be above average at best.

I don't quite get your question on why 5 and 9 are rivals because I don't see the need for an explanation on that, they grew up playing together and 5's inability to beat 9 has taken root in her mind, fueling her obsession with him. It has been stated that she stayed back at the institution because she wanted to continue the 'games' instead of joining their side. It's true that she is not rational, but that's not a surprise given her upbringing.

As I said before, caring about a character is subjective, a character having more development does not equate to more people caring for them. I could connect with them because despite being 'terrorists', they are ultimately still teenagers at heart, I can relate when it comes to their need for assertion on self-identity, the innate yearning for human connection, the drive to challenge things.

It has been shown from the beginning that Lisa did not want to die (she even said it herself in episode 1). She has issues with her self-worth but that does not mean she has given up on life. That's when her connection with 12 comes in, both are youths that have been abandoned by the system, but in spite of everything, they still hold on to hope. In fact, if she truly did give up, she wouldn't have run away from home by herself. Reducing her to a 'weak' character simplifies her too much, although she wasn't a badass, she has made strong personal choices throughout the show. Her fear was clearly shown on the ferris wheel as she did not want to die, but she managed to hold herself together and make a selfless choice, that selflessness is certainly not weakness.

I would give NGNL credit for the colour schemes and good chemistry between the main characters, it certainly wasn't pure trash but I would only give it a 6.
Sep 27, 2014 9:21 AM

Nov 2013
Amazing. Masterpiece as some people here would say.
Sep 27, 2014 9:45 AM

Aug 2012
everything makes sense now, gonna give it 9/10 even with those plot holes
Sep 27, 2014 10:06 AM

Feb 2013
Fucking rad!!! Loved this series, and what a fantastic ending.

9/10
Sep 27, 2014 10:31 AM

Jan 2009
The ending was satisfying, that atomic explosion was beautiful, we don't usually see things like that, not even in anime!

I don't like the way 12th died suddenly, but it didn't make a big difference since they had that coming even if they were arrested.

Anyway, it wasn't the greatest show, but definitely one of the best of this year.
Sep 27, 2014 10:33 AM

Aug 2010
Nice ending to the series, really enjoyed it. I wish the middle part of the show had been this good, there was a distinct drop somewhere along the line before it picked up steam again. The OST was absolutely amazing. 7/10.
Sep 27, 2014 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
Aaaaaand now I'm sad :(
Well, it make it more impactful that they died. Shibazaki ended what they started. They got their revenge in the end.

Fucking with everyone, the American way. Damnit, screw you again, America! And screw myself!
But it's kinda stupid that they shot Twelve first... Logically, shouldn't they had shot Nine first?

Anyway, it was a fun ride. Lost in intensity and credibility in the middle of it, but got back his momentum at episode 9. It lived through its hype. May they rest in peace.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Sep 27, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2009
I thought as a finale it was pretty brilliant, also the fact that they did all of this to reveal the truth as well was great. I love that it was just to simply reveal the truth and not some grand plan, like Shibazaki said now everyone in the world wants to know, who, what, why.
While it was pretty obvious they were gonna die at the end, Twelve getting shot like that was a bit :/

The show started out brilliantly, it was grounded, interesting and had many facts and technologies used in the real world. But yes it went a little off the tracks since Five was introduced, but the ending made it up to me.

Great show, I am honestly torn between 9-8/10. While I loved it, it did have many flaws especially episode 11. Maybe if this was a little bit longer and if so we could've gotten more attached the characters and gotten to know more about them, their deaths would have left a greater impact and so...8.3/10
AozureSep 27, 2014 10:54 AM
Sep 27, 2014 11:05 AM

May 2013
I was expecting an end similar to what played out but still...that hit harder than I was expecting.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Sep 27, 2014 12:02 PM

Jan 2014
Besides the way Twelve died, I think that this was a really beautiful ending. Besides the whole Five + Engrish weirdness this show just felt really nice to watch. The soundtrack and the atmosphere are just phenomenal.

Overall:
9/10
Sep 27, 2014 12:10 PM
Oct 2012
invisibletrigger said:

I don't quite get your question on why 5 and 9 are rivals because I don't see the need for an explanation on that, they grew up playing together and 5's inability to beat 9 has taken root in her mind, fueling her obsession with him. It has been stated that she stayed back at the institution because she wanted to continue the 'games' instead of joining their side. It's true that she is not rational, but that's not a surprise given her upbringing.

As I said before, caring about a character is subjective, a character having more development does not equate to more people caring for them. I could connect with them because despite being 'terrorists', they are ultimately still teenagers at heart, I can relate when it comes to their need for assertion on self-identity, the innate yearning for human connection, the drive to challenge things.

It has been shown from the beginning that Lisa did not want to die (she even said it herself in episode 1). She has issues with her self-worth but that does not mean she has given up on life. That's when her connection with 12 comes in, both are youths that have been abandoned by the system, but in spite of everything, they still hold on to hope. In fact, if she truly did give up, she wouldn't have run away from home by herself. Reducing her to a 'weak' character simplifies her too much, although she wasn't a badass, she has made strong personal choices throughout the show. Her fear was clearly shown on the ferris wheel as she did not want to die, but she managed to hold herself together and make a selfless choice, that selflessness is certainly not weakness.

I would give NGNL credit for the colour schemes and good chemistry between the main characters, it certainly wasn't pure trash but I would only give it a 6.

The only reason Nine and Five are rivals is because Five loved playing games but Nine always beaten her. One thing to recall is how the children in the institute are emotionally stunted and that could be the reason why Five had one goal in mind. She couldn't care less about retrieving the bomb, the USA or the affairs, only to beat him since in the end, she's very much a child adapting to an adult world. The childish manner of applying nail polish and the outfit does make sense.
Pages (18) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.