Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2014 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I really liked the OST used in this episode.

But anyways, Nine makes his move and HOLY SHIT, it did go off. I didn't really think...wow. I thought the finale pretty much highlighted the climax of the moment while Lisa is sad as usual. I'm surprised though as I didn't think Nine would of actually pulled it off right there.

Nine also reunites with Twelfth and Lisa again. He is also more cheerier now which I find somewhat interesting. Whatever the case, I definitely think Sphinx made an impact in their world. Oh God, poor 12....

Shot just like that by that chopper. Damn it. The ending song is awesome though. I seriously love the soundtrack of this show. Rating this 8/10.
Stark700Sep 25, 2014 10:34 AM
Sep 25, 2014 9:24 AM

Nov 2013

overall :
script : 7.8 / 10
it should be 9 / 10 if 5 wasn't interruped the story.

story:7.9... /10
should be 8 if they add more the story about the orphage one...

development : 9/12
kinda great, i guess.

ost: ping pong level / ping pong level
Looks like Yoko Kano was in good mood making this ost

overal.... around 8.5 / 10?
Sep 25, 2014 10:08 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty surprised shibazaki doesn't die
It is so dense. Every single image has so many things going on.
Sep 25, 2014 10:28 AM

Nov 2013
Started incredibly strong, lost its way somewhere around the middle but ended up finishing in a satisfying manner. 7/10 for me. Looking forward to getting my hands on that OST.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 25, 2014 10:30 AM

Jun 2013
Pretty anticlimactic, but beautiful. It didn't end with an exciting bang, but a bang that fills your heart with a sort of emptiness. 8/10
Sep 25, 2014 10:31 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty good conclusion.

The stratosphere explosion looked really beautiful :3 Still don't get what was the use in cutting the electricity off. Was he satisfied with just that ^^;

Anyway...US coming and killing of 12 was lol and 9 dying from the drugs side effect was inevitable. I didn't expect it'd be that soon though.

So it took arpund 1 year to get the city working like normal. Nice to now ^^

Over all 8.5/10 pretty good series.
Sep 25, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2013
The deaths of Nine and Twelve were also surprisingly emotional, considering we didn't get too much character development of them both. "Birden" just went so perfectly with that tragic scene.

So I was right about Nine and Twelve building up a reputation so that people would believe them when they reveal dark secrets about Japan.

Lisa was just a hostage all along, and we didn't get much relevance of her to the plot. Nonetheless, it was nice to see that she's seemed brighter at the end. Seemed like she finally patched things up in her life once she got the attention of everyone.
Sep 25, 2014 10:33 AM

Aug 2008
I felt incredibly sad when Twelve was shot.

I would say this was a very beautiful artistic anime, a series I would enjoy rewatching.
Sep 25, 2014 10:34 AM

May 2012
pakoko said:
It didn't end with an exciting bang, but a bang that fills your heart with a sort of emptiness. 8/10

Couldn't think of how to word it, but that's pretty much it.

8/10 as well

Sep 25, 2014 10:35 AM

Jan 2014
atomic bomb? naw, best light show ever
[right]
Sep 25, 2014 10:37 AM

Dec 2011
Wow this ended.
Zankyou no Terror started out very strong, but went downhill, so I give it 8/10. I may change the score in the future, but that's how I'm feeling right now.
And I think the overall episode was pretty bland compared to other ones, but I'm definitely gonna miss this anime a lot.
But I think that last scene with Lisa and Shibazaki about Icelandic music and meaning of VON was pretty awesome, also, that soundtrack made it even better.
Sep 25, 2014 10:38 AM

Mar 2010
It was an amazing anime. It didn't use all of its potential however. I would have wished for more back story and for Five to actually have a motive. Despite that, Zankyou no Terror is one of the better animes and probably one of the best this season.
Sep 25, 2014 10:39 AM
Oct 2012
When Twelve got shot, I started tearing. Come on, he didn't mean for it at all.

Lisa looks happy, given recognition and wasn't in pain like she used to. Maybe this can be like Bebop, after Spike and co meets others, the people they meet are inevitably changed, better or worse.

We see that Lisa gave Nine and twelve a feeling to be alive. Like they were humans and wanted. She was useless and helpless only to make them wish to help them. I liked it.

Also loved the shots using the birds. Maybe the ending means more with the birds flying int he background song.

I always thought of twelve being a child and not knowing the responsibilities of his actions till it was too late.

Seriously thought Lisa was gonna get shot though.

I give a 10/10 for the episode. It hurts me when everything went off and what not.

This show deserves a 8.5 give or take, up and down so 8.35-8.65 (being generous on this portion rating. Nothing omg phenomenal shit. But just a good-great show that wraps things up. Got curious about Lisa, she wasn't given much but then again, maybe that's the point.
Sep 25, 2014 10:40 AM

Jun 2014
Zankyou no Terror 1.000.000/10 and goes directly in my top 5 favorite anime , best ending possible , omg i'm still shocked
Sep 25, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Great anime, my only problem with it is that 11 episodes wasn't enough to flesh out the characters' past and develop them accordingly.. It was also a lot better when 5 wasn't around but I can't say she ruined the show.. more like I didn't care much for her "arc".

ost 10/10
art/animation 9/10
story 7/10
characters 7/10
enjoyment 8/10

= 8/10
KneelBeforeMeSep 25, 2014 11:20 AM
Sep 25, 2014 10:43 AM
Jul 2018
The stratosphere explosion looked beautiful.

Too bad, Nine and Twelve were dead.
Sep 25, 2014 10:44 AM

Jan 2014
That was a good finale.

I thought in the beginning that Zankyou no Terror was going to be an easy 10 with its stellar art, music and subject matter but the characters of Lisa and Five didn't work out too well. If only Watanabe had made Lisa more capable and toned down Five, it would have been indeed a masterpiece.

9/10
Sep 25, 2014 10:46 AM
Oct 2010
I may have gotten some of the details wrong but

skudoops said:
All I predict is that 9 will die due to the drug, then lisa and 12 will be happy for a bit with 12 then dying and lisa visiting their graves when she's an adult.

Close enough I guess.

The logic behind the US guy shooting 12 made no sense to me. He said don't kill the detective but he knows about everything, why would he blame the japanese government alone? LOL He's legit seeing you guys right now to! He was part of the airport and highway incidents so how is he not a threat?.. I can't even with the logic of this show sometimes.

I mean even worse is that the USA is going to allow this dude to nuke Japan just to cover up some minor (in comparison) incidents like that? Wtf? 5/10 or 6/10 .. not sure how I fully feel about it yet.
Sep 25, 2014 10:46 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
wth that was a crazy ending o.o

why was the explosion so beautiful.. I mean it's a nuke.. but it was so pretty :>

surprisingly entertaining series overall, I enjoyed it a lot
9/10
Sep 25, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2014
Very good finale, could have been a lot better without Five...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2014 10:49 AM
Dec 2012
Wish they showed us more of the orphanage and about their past, but perhaps the mystery and simplicity is what makes it so beautiful. 8/10
Sep 25, 2014 10:49 AM

Apr 2014
So in the end their goal was accomplished. And it's uncovering "Japan's Dark Secret" which it's about Nine and Twelve and the others who suffered on that "experiment". That ending with both Nine and Twelve was predictable I already knew what will happened. But It was still a good ending unlike the other shit shows that ended. I guess It's the one of the best ending this Summer Season so far. Anyway I'll give this an 8 score over all.

And I want this anime to be a Live Action made by a US Studio! (with Japan collaboration of course)
RayzerSep 25, 2014 10:52 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
Sep 25, 2014 10:50 AM

Jan 2014
During this show... this and that happened. All kinds
of things of exceptional or rather lower quality.
But it managed to awaken so much nice
feelings in me, I can't do anything other
but give it a 10/10, although I know
there are many shows with better ...
I don't know. I don't really care.
I loved it! ^____^
Sep 25, 2014 10:50 AM

May 2013
V-O-N ~ Hope.

I like that. But damn , 12 got shot doe that was really sad Q_Q

That was the most beautiful explosion ever tbh.

Ending was okay I guess, kinda knew Nine was gonna die but I didn't want him to. LOL

9/10
Sep 25, 2014 10:52 AM

May 2012
Shaniyaz said:
OTP in resonance in the beginning. How did Twelve get all beat up though? O.o

I think I'd be a bit bruised or something if I were in a shootout with a car while riding a motorcycle then get thrown off :P

It was during last episode with 5

Sep 25, 2014 10:52 AM

Apr 2014
Well, great animation, fantastic OST but some parts of the show were pretty bad, comparatively; for example the Five "arc" and the ending (it was true to the show but not something I'd consider good or satisfying). However, the bomb explosion scene was beautiful in every aspect. So I'd say this series is worth watching but not a masterpiece.
your waifu is shit
Sep 25, 2014 10:55 AM
Oct 2012
skudoops said:

The logic behind the US guy shooting 12 made no sense to me. He said don't kill the detective but he knows about everything, why would he blame the japanese government alone? LOL He's legit seeing you guys right now to! He was part of the airport and highway incidents so how is he not a threat?.. I can't even with the logic of this show sometimes.

I mean even worse is that the USA is going to allow this dude to nuke Japan just to cover up some minor (in comparison) incidents like that? Wtf? 5/10 or 6/10 .. not sure how I fully feel about it yet.

I also don't understand twelve getting shot. I was a bit confused. What did he do to warrant being shot? I guess the shot was to show the USA has precedence. I think if the other countries see what USA has done and was allowed to do, they would have a giant ass whooping BECAUSE, they took a fellow orphanage and used Five to help them in their own needs. Combined with the fact they partook in that countries problems and assisted in the bombing, other countries would wreak havoc and never wish to do partnership or look at America the same.

However, I still think it was light altogether, very light issues to make them think killing one of them was enough. Really thought Lisa was going to be shot.
Sep 25, 2014 11:00 AM
Jul 2014
7/10, good soundtrack that's all.

Aug 2011
First episodes were great and it's a shame that the story started to go downhill when Five came in, though I still liked Five as a character. But this anime surely was the best of this summer. Music and animation surely were great in this show.
I'll give 8/10.
Mar 2011
Disappointing show.

1) the beginning: several times the same thing: put bomb, find bomb and so on.
2) middle: five: very bad part
3) end: just a way to finish it.

So the whole show was without cliffhangers, plot twists, mysteries, foreshadowing, things that should be there (at least some of them) in this kind of show.
Sep 25, 2014 11:03 AM

May 2012
I knew they would have a Cowboy Bebop.

Now this is what I call an ending! Great episode. The ending was thrilling just like how I wanted it to be. The city and the Japanese police are in a panic while the bomb is counting down. Love how Nine was looking cool as fuck while waiting for the bomb to go off. Lisa was calm during the whole bomb going off. The green light effect was also amazing.

The second was.... I'm not sure what to call it, but a last farewell. Nine, Twelve, and Lisa having fun just enjoying the little time they have left. Nine referring to Shibazaki as Oedipus (first riddle). Not surprise how they died, but still like how they died. Twelve getting shot was fucked up.

One year later. Seems like things are back to normal. Lisa hair long and..... Yea.

Love this series. Best anime this season imo. 5/5.

9/10. For me.
AntearionSep 25, 2014 11:11 AM
Sep 25, 2014 11:03 AM

Dec 2012
Ugh,and I was so so so expecting their deaths,it was obvious, but still... Twelve didn't deserve that death. Fuck USA.
For a second I honestly thought it's going to have a happy ending. Just for a second.
Sep 25, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2014
The only way this would've got above a four for me was if they'd set off the nuke within the city and destroyed everything (for lols factor). At least it's finally over, I don't have to keep watching this shit to see what happens.
Sep 25, 2014 11:05 AM
Jan 2011
Why did they only shoot one of them? If the orders were to ignore the bomb and kill both of em ??
Sep 25, 2014 11:08 AM
Oct 2010
Milchy said:
Why did they only shoot one of them? If the orders were to ignore the bomb and kill both of em ??

Better question is why didn't they shoot all of them?
Sep 25, 2014 11:11 AM

Apr 2014
Great start but a very disappointing end.

6/10
Sep 25, 2014 11:12 AM

Nov 2013
Y'know what I find weird though, is why did they shoot 12? Surely you'd shoot the one holding the detonator first, not his buddy giving him all the more reason to kamikaze blow everything up. It's too weird, felt like they were really forcing a dramatic scene so they could use part of the OST. Another reason to take the detonator guy out first is so they don't die too. Multiple nuclear explosions across the city will no doubt kill the guys in the helicopters too lol. God knows why they didn't shoot Shibazaki either, the dude played witness to so much of America's shit.

Lisa's reaction felt a little restrained too, especially when she's been crying and breaking down nearly all series long at any little thing, you'd think she'd lose her shit in that moment based on her actions so far.

Way too many inconsistencies in that scene for me to overlook it. Good ride overall though. I was thinking America was baiting the EMP then was going to invade Japan whilst their infrastructure was lost or something insane.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 25, 2014 11:13 AM

Jun 2012
But iceland isnt a cold country. Why wouldnt 9 know that?
Sep 25, 2014 11:15 AM

Jun 2013
Milchy said:

The orders were to kill both of the terrorists, but Shibazaki stopped the US forces before they could dispose of Nine. They wanted to save Shibazaki because he'll draw enough attention with the dark secrets of Japan to take the attention away from all the destruction that US caused Japan.
Sep 25, 2014 11:15 AM
May 2014
WTF DID I JUST WATCH

It didn't make any sense, but it was good and it was bad and it was sad and HOLY SHIT . . . that shock moment. the feels were incredible
Sep 25, 2014 11:16 AM
Jul 2014
nine looks better without glasses,
number35Sep 25, 2014 11:28 AM
Sep 25, 2014 11:17 AM
Oct 2012
pakoko said:
Milchy said:

The orders were to kill both of the terrorists, but Shibazaki stopped the US forces before they could dispose of Nine. They wanted to save Shibazaki because he'll draw enough attention with the dark secrets of Japan to take the attention away from all the destruction that US caused Japan.

Feels weird to be on this side of the conversation but why did they shoot Twelve? I understand Shibazaki intervening but Twelve....I didn't like the fact he die but I still want to know the reason to go ahead.

I think Nine knew and joked cause first thing's first, Iceland to all would me it's cold, despite it not really being the case.
Sep 25, 2014 11:18 AM

Mar 2014
I have to admit I wanted to rage so badly when Twelve was shot. Realising that Nine also died made me really depressed.

Apr 2013
only thing that irks me in this last episode is the US showing up out of nowhere when this could've just ended peacefully and how 9/12 planned it.. also the reason why they shot 12 over 9 still baffles me.
vrist said:
welp, I guess twelve and nine never felt any guilt for the death of innocent civilians.
which civilians? did we even watch the same show?

Sep 2013
So we followed these characters all this time, not knowing why they did all of what they did and the big reveal was that they did it to reveal the truth... Which was incredibly obvious... Why did they keep their motives a secret again?

I feel like the anime as a whole despite being so serious didn't really have any message to tell... What was the point of this anime? Nothing really... I was very confused when the bomb went off and all they did was look at the pretty lights before it went into happy fun times playing with balls and such... Feels very anti-climactic.

As a whole the show had little focus on it's characters so by the end I really didn't care when Twelve and Nine died. Their OP intelligence and the cops incompetence killed most of the plausibility the show could have... The art and sound of course compliment each other well but in the end I just feel like the show is pretty average overall. I also feel like this could have easily been a movie instead of a series.

Rating Specifics Below: 4.5/10
KetenMar 14, 2015 10:36 PM
Sep 25, 2014 11:20 AM
Jul 2013
That was quite an ending :D
Sep 25, 2014 11:21 AM

Apr 2014
Wait I'm confused. Can someone tell me what was the point of all they did?
Sep 25, 2014 11:21 AM
Oct 2010
I guess 12 was listening to sigur ros? Haha, anyway another thing that was pretty minor but still bothered me was when the detective said

"These aren't ordinary terrorists"
"They have a goal"

This implies that most terrorist don't have a goal, which is ridiculous to say the least. Who was the writer for this anyway? Watanabe's name isn't soiled because the directing was amazing... but ugh the writing.

Z4k said:
Wait I'm confused. Can someone tell me what was the point of all they did?

To put it in simple terms, they did all that to get global attention, then expected to get caught and let the world hear their story.
Sep 25, 2014 11:24 AM
Apr 2014
So amazing 10/10 for me!!!
Sep 25, 2014 11:29 AM

Aug 2013
8/10
I'm satisfied. Good ending.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Pages (18) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

380 by Yavicci »»
Yesterday, 10:59 AM

» Boring

egosumjohn - Aug 30, 2023

22 by Pain »»
Apr 21, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.