Forum Settings
Forums

Do you punish pets if they did something wrong?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 27, 2014 5:05 PM

Mar 2013
I don't punish my pets because they're too lazy to do anything bad
Sep 27, 2014 5:10 PM

Aug 2014
Trollbenger said:
If my dogs doing something really bad I m not feeding them for a day (usually I m feeding them with humans body parts that Im collecting at my job. I keep some of that meat for my dogs) but if they doing something really really bad then I putting my finger in their ass. this is the biggest punishment for really bad things.

Ouhhhhhhhhh gosh, disturbed.

OtakuAthena💋.
Sep 30, 2014 6:39 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah, my pet shits on the carpet often. I tell her to use the toilet like a regular human, but she just doesn't listen.
Oct 6, 2014 10:17 PM

Jan 2009
I give a reprimand to my pet. If he insists, I take him to other place, give him a snack or play with him for he forget doing wrong things. I have a cat and just a reprimand works in most of cases. Also, I don't care if he sharp his nails in the sofa or other furniture. I'm not a furniture maniac.

My cat is a good one. He do little to none problems for me.

I'm totally against physical violence, verbal violence and torture against pets. People with no morals, people with bad education, the scum of society, do it. People who make pets suffer don't deserve a place in the world.
Oct 7, 2014 12:09 AM

Apr 2013
Back then when my dog didn't know everything yet, I did. But these days I can't bring myself to hit my dog at all. One time he wouldn't stop barking in the middle of the night so I slapped him, but in the end I just pet him and told him to stop barking.
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Dec 17, 2014 5:56 PM

Aug 2014
Yeah but not to rough like some people.
Dec 17, 2014 6:13 PM

Dec 2014
A loud, stern voice is enough for my rescue dog. Obviously, given her past, she has some issues, and she's young. I've had her for 2 years now and she's progressed a lot since then, grew past her chewing-everything-in-existence stage and isn't as afraid of tall men as she used to be, took her awhile to approach me face-to-face, but now she and I are pretty much inseparable. Still can't get her on a leash, though. But she comes when she's called, so I don't worry about her running off too far when we walk around together. She loves kids, cats, other dogs and is very sweet, just on the timid side around strangers.
(っ◔◡◔)っ just on my dumb shit
Dec 17, 2014 6:20 PM

Apr 2014
Moog- said:
I can't punish those cute little things. Their existence makes up for whatever shenanigans they've been up to.

Moog- said:
I had a cat, and she gave birth to a litter. The kittens were adorable and they made my family laugh. But as they grew they started misbehaving, so I drowned the little fuckers in the bath.
omg Moog, this made me laugh so much.
Dec 17, 2014 6:34 PM

Aug 2014
Do cat girls count as pets?

keep it Kawaii.
Dec 17, 2014 6:36 PM

Apr 2014
VonMalegowski said:
No, having a cat girl isn't considered having a pet because you don't have one.
Dec 17, 2014 6:37 PM

Aug 2013
VonMalegowski said:

It sounds better than slave servant, so sure.
Dec 17, 2014 6:37 PM
Dec 2010
VonMalegowski said:

Depends on how you treat them.
Dec 17, 2014 6:46 PM

Oct 2013
No way, no physical harm. When my cats were kittens and they pooed on the carpet I'd grab them by the scruff of their necks and tell them how naughty they are. Or if a dog bites me too hard when playing i grab his muzzle and gently shake it and he'd get the picture. Naughty horses can be bad but you need to be gentle with animals. Animal abuse makes me furious

Dec 17, 2014 7:06 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
When my turtle bites me:
"TURT, YOU PIECE OF DUNG, I DON'T HAVE A FINGER ANYMORE."
Ow kdjfhsdgh-- Turt, I'm just not feeling the love.

When my turtle gets in my way:
Turt, you're being very, very difficult right now.

When my turtle tries to get away from a scrubbin':
Turt, why?

In other words, I'm at the mercy of my turtle. She's such an ass sometimes. ;_;; It's probably because I named her 'Turt'.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 17, 2014 7:07 PM

Mar 2014
I try but my dogs to damn cute
Dec 17, 2014 7:12 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Korrvo said:
It's the same thing with actual human children. Hitting them, caging them, yelling at them, spraying them with water, etc etc.

Have you seen the way people are advised to discipline their children these days? You're not supposed to whip their ass. You're not supposed to scold them. You're not supposed to send them to time out. You're not supposed to take things away from them or give them restrictions.
What the hell are you supposed to do anymore?

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Dec 17, 2014 7:25 PM

Sep 2013
My mother attempted to beat a dog of mine when I was younger. Despite the pleas of my siblings and I, she insisted. The dog took the first few swipes with the newspaper pretty well if you ignored the angry look on his face and the growling. About the third or fourth swipe he timed her swing and snapped her hand mid-swipe. We (siblings and I) laughed and she gave up.
Dec 17, 2014 7:28 PM
Sep 2014
If pets step outside of their bounds you have to remind them of their place in the pack.
Dec 17, 2014 7:30 PM

Nov 2011
I own a dog who has an annoying habit of jumping and slobbering on me when I get home from work so I have a metal pipe I use to beat her when she does this. She hasnt been as bad since I accidentally broke her rib.
Dec 17, 2014 8:25 PM

Jul 2014
I got two cats mother and son and when they do something really bad I lock them in the basement lol
Dec 17, 2014 8:31 PM
Sep 2014
DragonQuest3 said:
I own a dog who has an annoying habit of jumping and slobbering on me when I get home from work so I have a metal pipe I use to beat her when she does this. She hasnt been as bad since I accidentally broke her rib.

I tried this, but the dog went out and bought a gun, at which point I was forced to get rid of my punishment stick.
Dec 17, 2014 8:32 PM

May 2013
i tell them 'no' and am stern with them...raising your voice is effective w/ doggies

actually one of my dogs has a habit of peeing on my bed when im not around. it's terrible lol.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Dec 17, 2014 8:38 PM

Jan 2014
I've never had any pets, and I don't plan on having any in the future.
Dec 17, 2014 8:44 PM

May 2010
I think my cat only started to be nice to me after I started to fight back ._.
Dec 17, 2014 8:46 PM

May 2013
Bambi_ said:
VonMalegowski said:
No, having a cat girl isn't considered having a pet because you don't have one.

or it just depends on the particular cat girl. also you could call her a 'familiar' not a pet
I CELEBRATE myself,
Dec 17, 2014 8:52 PM

Nov 2011
Player said:
DragonQuest3 said:

I tried this, but the dog went out and bought a gun, at which point I was forced to get rid of my punishment stick.
Oh I was sure to oppress mine enough that it was too scared to even try. Its best to get started on that while they're a puppy and prevent any future rebellious attitude beforehand.
Dec 17, 2014 10:25 PM

Oct 2009
I usually light tap my cats head repeatedly. Cats hates that.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Dec 18, 2014 7:46 AM

Oct 2011
No, if a cat goes on the floor there is usually a reason for it, like the litter box is too dirty or the cat is ill.
Mar 28, 2015 3:48 AM

Jan 2015
If they do something small (like, playing with my toys or stealing my food), I give a small knock on their head but if they do something horrible (peeing on my bed or jumping on the curtains), I scold them really loudly.
One of my cats liked peeing everywhere in my room and I shouted at her so much that nowadays one word from me is enough to make her run out of my room with incredible speed.
Mar 28, 2015 4:21 AM

Feb 2015
I've never gotten mad at pets.
Mar 28, 2015 4:22 AM

May 2013
i called my dog a little ho a few weeks ago :P he really was being one though
I CELEBRATE myself,
Mar 28, 2015 5:31 AM

Jun 2014
I do not. They need all the love they can get.
Mar 28, 2015 5:33 AM

Feb 2013
I give my dog a "maka chop" when he does something wrong, but not hard >-<

Mar 28, 2015 7:07 AM

Jan 2013
Hit them with rightous fury, and swing them around like rag dolls. Only then will they learn.

Humans must be broken in.

I mean what.
Mar 28, 2015 7:19 AM

Aug 2013
noo?
Mar 28, 2015 7:21 AM
Dec 2014
Never. You, as the owner, are at fault.
j
Mar 28, 2015 7:47 AM

Sep 2012
My mom used to punish my dog with the crate but over the years I've changed that punishment and established that his crate = his sanctuary to get away. He can go in there whenever he wants and no one will bother him, so he uses it as such.

He's getting old now, so he doesn't really listen to me anymore. But when he was a pup I trained him with sign language so I didn't have to raise my voice at him, or rather, when I did use my voice he'd know I wasn't fucking around and he needed to listen to me, yo. If he got way too out of control and wouldn't look or listen to my voice, then I'd give him a small tap on the nose and he'd quickly snap out of it.
Narukami no sukoshi toyomite
(A faint clap of thunder)
sashi kumori
(Clouded skies)
Ame mo furanu ka?
(Perhaps rain comes)
Kimi wo todomemu
(If so, will you stay here with me?)
Mar 28, 2015 7:59 AM

Jun 2014
There is no need doing anything else because by calling them "pets" you've already did your job as tyrant.

PS: It's as simple as saying hello, if you don't want animals in your house then don't let animals get in (by closing it). Stop shouting and harming animals just because you are angry !
Mar 28, 2015 8:05 AM

Oct 2014
No, I don't scold, yell, "punish", or get angry at my "pet" if she does something "wrong".

She's curious, playful, and still fairy young. She often doesn't know any better. I just gently, the best way I can, encourage her to not do the thing she did, that was "wrong", of sorts.
crestofhonestyMar 28, 2015 8:14 AM
Mar 28, 2015 8:07 AM

Nov 2013
When my dog would do something wrong, I would eat a hot dog in front of him, and tell him that I just ate one of his family members. Psychological torture at its finest.
Mar 28, 2015 8:10 AM

Oct 2014
KingIkki said:
Like, prisoning them (with animal cage, of course) for awhile if they fight amongst each other? Or when they shit on your carpets?

I don't know if this was just meant to be an example, bait, or a shitty ass joke, but if not...

That's fucking awful! Never lock them up in an "animal cage". For any amount of time!

If they shit or pee on the carpet, maybe you just aren't playing enough attention to them? Maybe you haven't "trained" them enough? Maybe, if they are dog, you need to take them out more? If they're cat, encourage them and show them the litter box, what have you. It's not rocket science, seriously.

If you can't handle that, here is an idea, yeah? DON'T "OWN" "PETS"!

Like, I'm not fucking kidding, putting a animal in a cage is out right animal abuse and if you think that's okay, fuck you!

Again, don't Know if OP meant this as an example, or what. Hoping it was just an example.
crestofhonestyMar 28, 2015 8:15 AM
Mar 28, 2015 8:15 AM

Jan 2015
crestofhonesty said:
KingIkki said:
Like, prisoning them (with animal cage, of course) for awhile if they fight amongst each other? Or when they shit on your carpets?

I don't know if this was just meant to be an example, but if not...

That's fucking awful! Never lock them up in an "animal cage". For any amount of time!

If they shit or pee on the carpet, maybe you just aren't playing enough attention to them? Maybe you haven't "trained" them enough? Maybe, if they are dog, you need to take them out more? If they're cat, encourage them and show them the litter box, what have you. It's not rocket science, seriously .

If you can't handle that, here is an idea, yeah? DON'T OWN PETS!

Like, I'm not fucking kidding, putting a animal in a cage is out right animal abuse and if you think that's okay, fuck you!

Again, don't now if OP meant this as an example, or what. Hoping it was just an example.

Putting small animals in a cage is not fucking animal abuse at all. For example, my mother used to put all the newborn kittens in a huge cage (with small pillows and sheets in it) along with their mother, so they wouldn't wander off and the mother would actually feed them. As they became older and able to eat by themselves we let them out.
Mar 28, 2015 8:15 AM
Jul 2018
My cat usually lie in my crotch at night -- yes, weird I know -- but it's the position he wants to be in.

It might not be comfortable for me all the time, but I usually cater to his needs, as he is very cute.
Mar 28, 2015 8:19 AM

Oct 2014
Saki-nyan said:
Putting small animals in a cage is not fucking animal abuse at all. For example, my mother used to put all the newborn kittens in a huge cage (with small pillows and sheets in it) along with their mother, so they wouldn't wander off and the mother would actually feed them. As they became older and able to eat by themselves we let them out.

I'm talking about putting animals in a cage for punishment, you ingrate. Yes, that is fucking animal abuse.

I don't give a flying fuck if it's filled with fluffy clouds, rainbows and gold, sunny skies, fairy dust that makes you fly, and talking dark chocolate bunnies. Animals belong outside of cages, always.

If you're worrying about a "pet" wandering off (when they are younger/smaller), get a "pet" sitter, or find another option that is viable other than caging them up in, often, very cramped space.
crestofhonestyMar 28, 2015 8:24 AM
Mar 28, 2015 8:24 AM

Jan 2015
crestofhonesty said:
Saki-nyan said:

I'm talking about putting animals in a cage for punishment, you ingrate.

I don't give a flying fuck if it's filled with fluffy clouds, rainbows and gold, sunny skies, fairy dist, and talking dark chocolate bunnies. Animals belong outside of cages, always.

If you're worrying about a pet wandering off (when they are younger/smaller), get a pet sitter, or find another option that is viable other than caging them up in, often, very cramped space.

First off, you retard, ingrate means an ungrateful person, so at least you should look up what words mean. Second, I take it you don't know shit about keeping animals. Just spitting the usual animal rights bullshit. Many breeders keep young cats in cages so they won't wander off and many times the mother doesn't want to feed them, even when they need it. That's why we put them in big cages. But of course somebody like you, who knows nothing at all about it, just spitting bullshit knows better.
Mar 28, 2015 8:25 AM

Jan 2015
Pets are food, not friends!

Wait that IS how the saying goes right?

Right guys?

guys!?

*mutters* Please god let me be right.
Mar 28, 2015 8:27 AM

Jan 2015
Veinless said:

Right guys?

guys!?

Pets are animals you keep at home, and usually you don't eat them.
Mar 28, 2015 8:28 AM

Jan 2015
Saki-nyan said:
Veinless said:

Right guys?

guys!?

*whispers* I was joooookiiiing......~
Mar 28, 2015 8:29 AM

Jan 2015
Veinless said:
Saki-nyan said:

*whispers* I was joooookiiiing......~

Who woulda thunk it?!
Mar 28, 2015 8:30 AM

Jun 2014
Saki-nyan said:
Putting small animals in a cage is not fucking animal abuse at all. For example, my mother...
If I find your mother I will make her pee on my carpet that way I could jail her and pee on her at my heart's content. I'm gonna create the first peep abduction and use it as example. There's a time for the pees parties and there's times where I have to be serious. Don't make me repeat myself.
ChikamtsuMar 28, 2015 8:40 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 1 hour ago

8 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

671 by Hitagi__Furude »»
5 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

45 by Crystepsi »»
11 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

19 by Crystepsi »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

23 by Adnash »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.