Forum Settings
Forums

The Top 11 Magical Girl anime which appeal to adult women the most according to MyNavi Woman

#1
Sep 24, 2014 7:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4596
10/ 11) Hana no Ko Lunlun (1.1% of the votes)


10/ 11) Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (1.1% of the votes)


9) Magical Princess Minky Momo (1.7% of the votes)


8) Puella Magi Madoka Magica (2.8% of the votes)


7) Creamy Mami, the Magic Angel (3.4% of the votes)


6/5) Ojamajo Doremi (5.1% of the votes)


6/ 5) Hime-chan’s Ribbon (5.1% of the votes)


4) Cardcaptor Sakura (12.4% of the votes)


3) Sally the Witch (14.1% of the votes)


2) Himitsu no Akko-chan (21.1% of the votes)


1) Kiki’s Delivery Service (22.6% of the votes)


Read more: http://sgcafe.com/2014/09/top-11-magical-girl-anime-appeal-adult-women-according-mynavi-woman/#ixzz3EI5su7H7
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
 
#2
Sep 24, 2014 7:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 46219
Kiki’s Delivery Service is magical girl?!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆


watch nodame cantabile
 
#3
Sep 24, 2014 7:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1935
kikis delivery service was so boring
 
#4
Sep 24, 2014 7:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1782
mayukachan said:
Kiki’s Delivery Service is magical girl?!


Cute witches are usually considered magical girls. Even though Kiki herself can't really use magic outside of flying.

I'm a little surprised to not see Sailor Moon of all shows on this list. Instead we have obscure stuff like LunLun and Minky Momo.
 
#5
Sep 25, 2014 12:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 2715
Kiki is uber-cute. Watched tons of times.
 
#6
Sep 25, 2014 1:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 840
Madoka Magica deserves number one.
Previously: BlueXRam
 
#7
Sep 25, 2014 1:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 3569
Cool
 
#8
Sep 25, 2014 1:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1792
Aaaannd the childhood Ghibli movie takes the win. Nothing wrong with that though. Kiki's delivery service was a fun movie.
 
#9
Sep 25, 2014 1:30 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1573
why is Puella Magi Madoka Magica #8? its the only one ive heard of in this list
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
 
Sep 25, 2014 1:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 19318
If I ever suddenly turn into an adult woman, I guess I'll make good use of this list.
 
Sep 25, 2014 1:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 13779
I'm surprised Madoka isn't number one
 
Sep 25, 2014 2:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8464
Those figures look like a very small sample size. In fact, I would guess that joint 10th place is all of 2 votes. The only thing that is inconsistant with that is the vote gap between 1st and second, which should be 0.1% larger for a 3 vote difference.
Weekly light novel releases (from 20/10/2014)
Monthly light novel sales ranks (from Jan 2015)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time*. <-- NOTE: Up to end 2017, no longer updated - New home coming soon; for early access see my profile.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
Sep 25, 2014 2:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 3772
Udgey said:
I'm surprised Madoka isn't number one


A show about tragedy with little girls with appropriate but still frustrating little girl mindsets making little girl mistakes and so on.

or

A coming of age story about a young girl striving for independence and making it on her own away from home.

I think it's obvious which one would appeal more to adult women.
 
Sep 25, 2014 2:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 2037
Ojamajo Doremi ? Seriously?

Are you sure they didn't question kindergarten kids?
 
Sep 25, 2014 4:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 840
hybreezy said:
Udgey said:
I'm surprised Madoka isn't number one


A show about tragedy with little girls with appropriate but still frustrating little girl mindsets making little girl mistakes and so on.

or

A coming of age story about a young girl striving for independence and making it on her own away from home.

I think it's obvious which one would appeal more to adult women.


Yeah the first one.
Previously: BlueXRam
 
Sep 25, 2014 5:33 AM

Online
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 2773
amateur said:
Ojamajo Doremi ? Seriously?

Are you sure they didn't question kindergarten kids?


Hey, Doremi was a fun show. Enjoyable for children and adults alike.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Sep 25, 2014 5:38 AM
Cuddly Cutiepie~

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 27239
what kind of useless category for making a top list is this

Any sweet guys out there are looking for a cute boy toy to cuddle with?
Don't be afraid to hit me up! OwO
"Holding hands is just the first step to getting pregnant"
 
Sep 25, 2014 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
i only watched cardcaptor sakura during my childhood
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Sep 25, 2014 6:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 10651
HaXXspetten said:
what kind of useless category for making a top list is this
I agree with you. And just for a question, am I the only one who doesn't like the Magical Girl Genre?


 
Sep 25, 2014 6:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 12047
I think the list is half decent. I know all the Anime on that list, and there's some great classics there. Himitsu no Akko-chan was the first magical girl Manga, and Sally the Witch was the first magical girl Anime.
 
Sep 25, 2014 9:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1782
AO968 said:
amateur said:
Ojamajo Doremi ? Seriously?

Are you sure they didn't question kindergarten kids?


Hey, Doremi was a fun show. Enjoyable for children and adults alike.


And it also deals with some surprisingly mature themes for a show with such a cute art style.
 
Sep 25, 2014 10:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1286
Is there any proof of that statistic ? How many women are asked for and in which country did that happen ??
 
Sep 25, 2014 10:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 15060
Cyanwasserstoff said:
Is there any proof of that statistic ? How many women are asked for and in which country did that happen ??
about 40 women from burma; the proof is on the burmese www which i have special access to
 
Sep 25, 2014 10:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 23914
Never heard of Hana no ko Lunlun until today.


 
Sep 25, 2014 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 27855
Now if only there were subs for Akko or Sally the Witch :/.
Btw are the numbers referring to the franchise? Because both of those have 2 or 3 alternative versions listed on MAL covering a time period of 30+ years.

LN_Author said:
With light novels there are two factions:
younger girls versus older girls, or little sisters
versus big sisters. Childhood friends aren't
really that popular when they're around the
same age as the protagonist. So we're faced
with the prospect of choosing between one
of the main factions.


 
Sep 25, 2014 12:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15044
Why 11?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Sep 25, 2014 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3741
insan3soldiern said:
Why 11?

Because 10/11 are apparently tied.
Sieg Zeon!
 
Sep 25, 2014 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15044
PencilSharpener said:
insan3soldiern said:
Why 11?

Because 10/11 are apparently tied.


Well, if they are going to make a list they shouldn't half ass it.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
 
Sep 25, 2014 12:26 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8049
Nanoha it's kinda low ranked
 
Sep 25, 2014 12:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 14122
There is never any love for Witch Craft Works.
 
Sep 25, 2014 12:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 1315
OnlyTemporary said:
why is Puella Magi Madoka Magica #8? its the only one ive heard of in this list

It depends on whom they ask the question.Madoka is popular among anime fans but by no means as widely known as others on the list in Japan especially compared with top 6.
 
Sep 25, 2014 12:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 3741
insan3soldiern said:
PencilSharpener said:

Because 10/11 are apparently tied.


Well, if they are going to make a list they shouldn't half ass it.

I suppose. The list is meaningless anyway. It's based on a mere 177 votes, so the entire poll wasn't very relevant to begin with.
Sieg Zeon!
 
Sep 25, 2014 2:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1362
Sorry but Kiki don't belong in that list.
 
Sep 25, 2014 2:37 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 5318
I love how a lot of you here seem to have no idea about mahou shoujo as a whole... Interesting list. I am suprised FWP and a few other ones are not there SM!) , but as someone already said: These lists are always to be taken with a grain of salt.
Modified by Nidhoeggr, Sep 25, 2014 2:40 PM
 
Sep 25, 2014 2:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2888
Isn't this entire topic a oxymoron?

Every Magical Girl anime I've seen or heard of, shows girls to be stupid drama queens, and annoying to no end at that. I find it hard to believe any adult female without serious mental issues, would like the genre at all.
 
Sep 25, 2014 3:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 27855
Zoltor said:
Isn't this entire topic a oxymoron?

Every Magical Girl anime I've seen or heard of, shows girls to be stupid drama queens, and annoying to no end at that. I find it hard to believe any adult female without serious mental issues, would like the genre at all.


Setting your ignorance aside, from the listed titles I'd assume the biggest reason for the votes was childhood nostalgia which is always a good reason to enjoy and like something.

LN_Author said:
With light novels there are two factions:
younger girls versus older girls, or little sisters
versus big sisters. Childhood friends aren't
really that popular when they're around the
same age as the protagonist. So we're faced
with the prospect of choosing between one
of the main factions.


 
Sep 25, 2014 3:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10184
Working_Designs said:
I think the list is half decent. I know all the Anime on that list, and there's some great classics there. Himitsu no Akko-chan was the first magical girl Manga, and Sally the Witch was the first magical girl Anime.
Wait, as far as manga goes, wasn't Ribon no Kishi the actual precursor to the genre?
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
Sep 25, 2014 3:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 12047
Sapewloth said:
Working_Designs said:
I think the list is half decent. I know all the Anime on that list, and there's some great classics there. Himitsu no Akko-chan was the first magical girl Manga, and Sally the Witch was the first magical girl Anime.
Wait, as far as manga goes, wasn't Ribon no Kishi the actual precursor to the genre?


I guess you could say that. This is what I read on Wikipedia:

"Manga and anime historians regard the Princess Knight manga, released in 1953, as a prototype for the magical girl genre. Himitsu no Akko-chan, serialized in 1962 in Ribon, is regarded as the earliest magical girl manga."
 
Sep 25, 2014 4:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 293
laldonkaments said:
Where's Prisma Illya 2wei? Surely that loli yuri kiss must've made some pussies wet...


No sir. That would appeal to japanese males and lolicons.
[center][/center]
 
Sep 25, 2014 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 8049
Nidhoeggr said:
I love how a lot of you here seem to have no idea about mahou shoujo as a whole..

Sorry for that
 
Sep 25, 2014 4:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 1140
PencilSharpener said:
insan3soldiern said:


Well, if they are going to make a list they shouldn't half ass it.

I suppose. The list is meaningless anyway. It's based on a mere 177 votes, so the entire poll wasn't very relevant to begin with.


177 votes ? LOL
why there are no news taking MAL poll as database ?
 
Sep 25, 2014 4:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 27855
Praland said:
Nidhoeggr said:
I love how a lot of you here seem to have no idea about mahou shoujo as a whole..

Sorry for that


Why apologize if he loved it?

LN_Author said:
With light novels there are two factions:
younger girls versus older girls, or little sisters
versus big sisters. Childhood friends aren't
really that popular when they're around the
same age as the protagonist. So we're faced
with the prospect of choosing between one
of the main factions.


 
Sep 25, 2014 9:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4596
hybreezy said:
Udgey said:
I'm surprised Madoka isn't number one


A show about tragedy with little girls with appropriate but still frustrating little girl mindsets making little girl mistakes and so on.

or

A coming of age story about a young girl striving for independence and making it on her own away from home.

I think it's obvious which one would appeal more to adult women.


Yeah,Madoka is targeted for teenagers and not really a mature show. Definitely not something for grown up women.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.