Forum Settings
Forums
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 5, 2015 11:58 PM
Jan 2009
Urabe-sama said:
It ended the way it supposed to. If they had kissed, they would have thrown their bond, something only they have. Stop being cunts and deal with it.

No their bond was about the fact that they could share emotions, thoughts, memories,and feelings through the swapping of spit. It was never about the way they swapped spit but the connection between the two. The ritual would have continued through kissing instead of swapping spit, and the bond would have lasted. Or at least that is what a Mangaka who isn't burnt out on his own series and had not given up putting in any real effort on the story chapters ago would do.
Jan 12, 2015 5:22 AM
Jul 2010
It was better then most of the mangas of the same genre. You could place the whole drool thing and panty scissors under the odd thing that separates it from the rest. I actually liked the fact that it keep a love rival for Urabe constant. It's not something that you see all that often outside shoujo/harem genre.
Not much to say really I feel a bit empty. It was one of the manga that first started reading and I foresaw the ending being a bit open ended. I think I might have wanted an epilogue, since I am a total sucker for them good or bad.
I would say the only thing I hated about this manga was there was no structure in the time line. It almost felt 4koma like. the year seems to change a lot yet the romance and friendship experience seem to be going in a straight line.
Mar 27, 2015 11:26 AM

Jun 2014
I rated the anime 6 cuz the 1st half the manga was the best part.

I never thought there is another frustrating and almost no development romance like Chuunibyou and that was Nazo Kanojo X.

After that boobs touching scene I was expecting more daring and intimate that would happen between them. But damn, the author introduced another heroine that more interesting than Urabe. And the author used her to make Urabe jealous over and over again.
The author made the mc incredibly stupid, he wasted her chances to kiss Urabe. "I don't want to lose our special bond" was stupid excuse.
I'm pretty sure four years has passed, they should have already a college students. The author probably failed to noticed that or he thinks the readers is stupid.

4/10
Apr 23, 2015 12:35 PM
Feb 2010
I discovered Nazo no Kanojo X after watching the anime a few months ago. I liked almost everything about the anime: drool and scissors becoming weird tools for romance, music, character development, plot, colors, script, backgrounds, dream world and the ending. But when I discovered that there was more to the story I couldn't help but started reading the manga...

I just finished the manga, and, to be honest, I liked it, including the ending. One of the greatest things about it is that almost everything in the anime was previously "drawn" in the manga. While reading, sometimes it felt like hearing the music from anime. This is not a colored manga but the lines and grey tones are so well-used that I could feel the colors.

Why am I writing all this stuff about how I felt like in the manga in a post about the last chapter of the manga? Because the last 5 chapters are like the peek of all the incredible things that have been built up in the previous 88 chapters. The mangaka brings every aspect he created together: the dream world, the colors, music, couples, backgrounds. And he concludes the plot for major tension points using the tools he created himself for this manga. Suwano is happy, maybe a bit too happy, on her own track; Oka and Ueno can get together with Urabe and Tsubaki from now on; Tsubaki Nee-san approves Urabe and Urabe can talk with her to her heart's content; Tsubaki Nee-san and Aruma couple is no more; Tsubaki remembers her mother now.

So what is the conclusion about the main characters, Urabe and Tsubaki? To explain this, first I should tell what I think it makes this manga "good until the last chapter" for many people. The best selling point about this manga is the uniqueness of Urabe. She is unique with her personality, her athletic abilities and her special moves. She is way too different from your common highschool girl. Why is she like that? Urabe, herself, explains it: "Because I am such a person" and there is no other explanation, which is I'm OK with. And this unique Urabe is also unique that she always seeks uniqueness. She doesn't want to do what other people would normally do. However, as the manga progresses she slowly learns to step on the ground for common people. Of course, especially Oka, and later other girls, pull her very hard to the common people's land but Urabe's experimentation ground is almost always Tsubaki. And beginning from chapter 0, Urabe wants a unique relationship with Tsubaki (she refuses to kiss Tsubaki when he confesses his love and explains that he should do it in a unique way). So the conclusion for Urabe in the last chapter is that she is now in so much love with Tsubaki that only being with Tsubaki feels unique to her. She is ready to accept any common man's ways when Tsubaki is with her. So it is OK to kiss now.

And how about Tsubaki? He is the complete opposite of Urabe when it comes to uniqueness. He is not especially good or bad in anything and has the brain of an avarage highschool boy (especially in terms of romantic relationships). In the manga, through his relationship with Urabe, he learns uniqueness. This learning process begins as early as chapter 0, he is able to find his own way of expressing his love for Urabe. As the manga progresses we see that while he learns how to deal with Urabe, he also develops a taste for the uniqueness like Urabe. He learns how to use the unique "drool bond" to his advantage (like in the kissing the photo scene), he fears losing his bond with Urabe and even fears losing the uniqueness of the bond (when he learns that after watching Nazo no Kanojo Y many people try sucking drool of their lovers). Thus, Tsubaki turning down a kiss from Urabe shows that he is now so much in love with Urabe that he wants to keep Urabe at a special place for him. He wants to continue to do things with Urabe that he cannot do with another lover. This way, it is concluded that although he started as your common high school boy, Tsubaki has become a unique character throughout the manga. And that's the conclusion for Tsubaki.

Another good point about the end of this manga is that it hints about the future. In the last chapters, there are lots of emphasis on "getting used to the lover" theme. In the ending as Urabe accepts not to have a kiss with Tsubaki, she feels the need to tell Tsubaki that she told Tsubaki Nee-san "she wants to be with Tsubaki-kun forever". Why does she remember this at that particular point in time? That's because she wants to explain Tsubaki how Tsubaki's refusal made her happy: There is a bad example presented to Urabe by Tsubaki Nee-san: Tsubaki Nee-san and Aruma got used to each other so much that they lost interest in each other after graduation (To be precise Aruma lost interest in Tsubaki Nee-san, we don't know what Tsubaki Nee-san did at that point). Urabe clearly does not want this, so she sees accepting Tsubaki's offer to drag the kiss till the graduation, as a chance to continue their close relation after highschool. And gets excited about this (hence the nosebleed), and wants to esplain Tsubaki what his words imply and tell that she "wants to be with him forever as well", but gets embarrassed. This hints that their relationship will be different from Tsubaki Nee-san's relation with Aruma. The events ended up a hidden marriage proposal if you think in the extreme (which was also the same for the anime ending). Thinking this way, although I did not see the kissing ending that I would like to see like everyone else, I saw something more interesting and something that goes very well with the uniqueness of this manga. I loved how cleverly these series of little events are put together by the mangaka.

In short, for me, this is a very enjoyable manga with a very well-thought progress and ending. I have to admit that moved out of its way in the long arcs (idol, cinema, Hoshinome festival), but those were still OK and sometimes very enjoyable. Although I found the timing process weird like everybody else (story passed through the same time line many times), I think even this is unique in its own way as the plot follows people not the timeline. (But I will have to go through chapters again to see if there is an inconsistency). Finally, I would also like to read more of Nazo no Kanojo X, but I don't see that happening which is a little sad.

Thanks Ueshiba Riichi for your 10-year wonderful work.
Jul 21, 2015 8:11 AM
Jul 2015
My tears... I watched the anime and got a dissapointing ending so I turned to manga for comfort and got another dissapointing ending (less than 24h to do all of this). However when I think about it, it's more of a bittersweet ending, a lot of things were brought up that we never got the answer to, I guess we don't deserve an answer to Urabe's background as it would have probably ruined the mysterious aspect, the first part of the ending was great but when Urabe said 'Kiss Me', that was the best feeling I had and I thought they had done it, only to be slapped in the face on the next page. His excuse was lame and her reaction was contradictory to how she was before so to me the ending just seems fake, I guess they want us to assume all happens in the future but at least an OVA to clear some stuff up would be great. If it was up to me, the manga wouldn't have finished then, Urabe and Tsubaki would have kissed, both of the couple relationship would have gone public, a little insight would have been given on Urabe's life. Heck, I think the best way it could've ended was with Tsubaki proposing to her but that's just my opinion, it was a good build up but poor typical ending, some things became unecessary on the way there and it didn't seem to be going off a plot but I think the author failed to realize how one simple kiss would have made the ending 500% better (and not even expected, i expected the shit ending). Twas a good run tho, still feels incomplete, who knows we might get a chapter 93 one day ;)

P.S. I am forever stuck in the mindset that they will never leave high school and will continue to this forever as even though a good amount of seasons passed, there was no indication of them getting older.. oversight maybe?
BelovedadJul 21, 2015 8:14 AM
Aug 5, 2015 11:49 PM
Jul 2008
After waiting for long time for the scanlator, I decided to just finish this series.

I think I know why the scanlator does not want to finish this because I would say the ending is bad.

Aug 8, 2015 3:17 AM

Aug 2012
I'm not satisfied =.=

Anyway great series I'm hoping to see urabe's family though.
Sep 6, 2015 5:37 AM

Jul 2014
I would have given it a 2/10 if they kissed in this chapter. The setup was so forced, it would have been as weak as fuk if that led to an actual kiss. This series gets 4/10 or 5/10.

The advance made in the first 30 chapters is more than all the development that we saw in the next 60 chapters. The author started with a hot concept, but he just simply doesn't know how to fuel a story. Everything fell flat very quickly. What a shame!
Mar 8, 2016 7:06 PM

Jun 2015
Giving the series in general a 6/10.

Building up their relationship through all those chapters and getting an ending so...bland. What was the point? It was like the writer thought up of the drool idea, but had no idea how to actually follow through with the relationship outside the drool bond.

My 6 is basically for the whole of what I read. I had some fun while reading, even though it has a disappointing ending, it was an amusing journey, sort of.

So many things were left unclear. It went from a mysterious girlfriend to a mysterious manga. What did the strange city dreams mean? Why didn't Akira tell his best friend about Mikoto? What about Mikoto's family? The way the writer approaches the family subject makes it obvious there is something fishy there. We never find out what. Nothing. So many other cliffhangers...

A 6 is pretty generous, I know, but if I was to evaluate all series on their endings only, I'd be merciless.

I just hope this writer actually puts some effort into the plot of future mangas. Can't clear 1 issue up while 50 others remain.
Mar 12, 2016 2:50 PM

May 2008
It was fun while it lasted..
The ending was ok. MAL saying that it has more chapters? either a miscount or a time skip.
Mar 24, 2016 7:44 AM
May 2015
That's a great manga, was expected a kiss, but I'm not mad that they didn't, not every romance manga will be same. The story is satisfying and would love if any kind of sequel appears later. I really want to see Urube as a bride and taubaki's sister get married too. 10/10
Apr 20, 2016 4:58 PM
Jul 2014
okay i get the whole they take it slow and have their own special bond thing, look i get it.... and it was cute at first. but seriously. GROW SOME FUCKING BALLS. They're what 17? kiss the fucking girl, you have groped her consistently see her panties, and have seen her naked. its not taboo ti kiss before you get out of high school bro.

Also, Lean, how, to, fuel, a, story. How come every time he tasted her drool it felt "extra sweet" it was the same thing over and over, i just wished they advanced physically.
Eros_SwouleyApr 20, 2016 5:02 PM
Apr 22, 2016 6:42 AM

Sep 2012
Eros_Swouley said:
okay i get the whole they take it slow and have their own special bond thing, look i get it.... and it was cute at first. but seriously. GROW SOME FUCKING BALLS. They're what 17? kiss the fucking girl, you have groped her consistently see her panties, and have seen her naked. its not taboo ti kiss before you get out of high school bro.

Also, Lean, how, to, fuel, a, story. How come every time he tasted her drool it felt "extra sweet" it was the same thing over and over, i just wished they advanced physically.

i agree, it was way to slow, i was ticked off about how slow it was

about the second thing, the stronger the love got the better it tasted :D, so i get that logic they used with that
Jun 20, 2016 5:51 PM

Dec 2015
So we get no kiss, for some reason they are still keeping their relationship secret to an extent (especially Tsubaki to his best friend Ueno, like wtf is up with that, in 1 panel he has a thought bubble saying mind his own business in one of the more recent chapters when about 50 chapters ago he promised he would tell him -_-), and he is fine sucking on her finger. Gtfo, if they are making this big of a deal out of kissing (when the MC has felt her tit) how are they gonna have sex? What are they going to wait until they are 80 yrs old to lose their virginity?

6/10
Jul 27, 2016 2:18 AM

Jul 2015
Loved the manga, liked the ending. Not the perfect ending but I still liked it.
Sep 13, 2016 6:45 AM

Jul 2015
Just finished it. Fantastic. 10/10 One of my absolute favorites, gonna miss it a lot <3
KazamiSep 13, 2016 7:09 AM
Sep 15, 2016 10:10 AM

Dec 2013
I don't know what was worse the fact that he was on his 4th year of 2nd year high school or the half assed open ending we got.
Oct 1, 2016 1:30 PM

May 2015
disappointed that there was no kiss but it is what it is.

this was a fun little ride. im gonna miss urabe alot T^T

7/10
Jan 23, 2017 5:33 PM
Jan 2017
although they didn't kiss i would've been sad if they'd lose there daily Ritruel although i was kinda disapoited that they didn't kiss at the end, it would've been a great ending but leaving it out with a plot twist it surprised me 10/10 i really enjoyed it...
Jan 24, 2017 3:47 AM

Dec 2015
What a massive pile of shit.
Well i stopped caring halfway thru, so the ending didnt exactly trigger me
I still like all the characters but the ending is indeed just bad
Mar 19, 2017 2:52 PM
Nov 2016
icancloptothis said:
Juanmaa said:
Nothing to say, i'll never read manga again.

same
first and last manga
Mar 29, 2017 11:06 PM

Oct 2011
The blue-balled ending doesn't really bother me because I suffered through many disappointing conclusions, long before Nazo no Kaonojo X ended. But what really twists the knife in the heart is how half-hearted the journey was until the conclusion. It feels like Ueshiba had pre-written the conclusion (presumably after the anime ended) and just churned out filler chapters until his publishers decided enough was enough.

I am very surprised Mysterious Girlfriend X is still being discussed, 2.5 years after the manga ended and nearly 5 years since the anime first aired. I hope more people discover the series as time goes on, as a rise in popularity could warrant an S2, but that's wishful thinking.
Apr 4, 2017 11:30 AM
Jan 2017
Feels like the mangaka died half way... The story feel unfinished and like the title still full of mystery and suddenly a WTF ending. Enjoyed it but sorry 6/10
May 4, 2017 5:33 PM
May 2017
I just wanted to see one kiss
Nov 13, 2017 11:41 AM

Mar 2017
I didn't expect that ending, i was waiting for more. It seems unfinished, although i enjoyed the manga.
Dec 16, 2018 10:13 AM
Oct 2018
what's the problem about having an ending with them kissing, and then showing their future, and showing them getting together.
Apr 3, 2019 7:54 AM

Mar 2014
kopavi said:
They will drift apart and she will become a Special Forces instructor for advance scissor attacks and he will become a monk and they will both die virgins.

Lmao this is too funny.

Anyway, about the manga... Honestly, other than the idol arc, I liked everything about this manga. The episodic/stand-alone chapters were the best, they were full of charm and fitting to the overall mood, giving the reader a little taste of their interesting/unique relationship. Those of you expecting kissing etc seem to have forgotten that LITERALLY THE WHOLE POINT of this series is that this is a weird couple that does things differently. Especially Urabe, she is meant to be extremely eccentric and mysterious. The gradual shift to her becoming more 'normal' was sweet but it made you lot forget the whole point of the series, so much so that you're all confused and goddamn FURIOUS that she isn't doing 'normal gf stuff' like kissing etc. I understand being frustrated with the lack of progress, especially to those of you following this on a monthly basis for years, but some of you are so goddamn mad about it that it's honestly hilarious. After every chapter I would come to this forum and laugh my socks off at all of you VIOLENTLY complaining about there being no kiss 😂😂😂😂 But anyway, very sweet manga, although it's disappointing that it gradually became less unique and mysterious which was the whole point. And you guys enhanced the experienced by making me laugh so much after reading how angry y'all are. 8/10.
iiKrinaApr 6, 2019 4:51 AM
Dec 2, 2019 5:42 AM

Mar 2013
It was pretty interesting at first but got bored around chapter 80+ maybe because the MC hasn't even grown a ball for himself. Suwano and the camera guy even kissed already. Overall it was a good read 7/10.
Jan 8, 2020 11:50 PM

Nov 2011
Okay done, amongst the few school romance i can say i enjoyed, the entire drool thing was weird initially but grew enticing and interesting as it went on, really liked how the author took things very slow, even without a kiss in the end. The ending wasn't great and felt rushed but a lot of good came before it. 8.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jan 19, 2020 3:49 AM
Mar 2018
Anime watcher here. SO from what I got from the comments here a second season would've been very dull, because it's all just daily dry relationship shenanigans, resulting in the daily drooling and there isn't even a kiss after so many years? Plus the feeling that the ending was rushed sounds to me that that train ran out of steam along the way. Should've spyced things up along the way a bit more than just doing the usual then...
Jul 26, 2020 7:24 AM
Jul 2020
The ultimate cucking. Fucking Suwano's relationship advanced more in 2 chapters. I'm so mad.
Aug 18, 2020 6:21 AM
Jul 2019
Some one needs to draw us a better ending. Like for real kinda unsatisfied with it. 7/10
Nov 18, 2020 11:31 AM
Nov 2020
Where can i read from chapter 85 to 92 i Searched all over but all website have 84 chapters why
Nov 18, 2020 11:32 AM
Nov 2020
DonTrumpolino said:
Anime watcher here. SO from what I got from the comments here a second season would've been very dull, because it's all just daily dry relationship shenanigans, resulting in the daily drooling and there isn't even a kiss after so many years? Plus the feeling that the ending was rushed sounds to me that that train ran out of steam along the way. Should've spyced things up along the way a bit more than just doing the usual then...
i just finished i want to read what do you suggest have you read it
Feb 6, 2021 8:35 AM
Nov 2017
A great and beautiful ending.
May 13, 2021 6:39 PM
Apr 2021
The ending did feel rushed I hope sometime in the future it gets saved they make an anime-only ending, I felt even something like a kiss would work on the ending as their relationship barely progressed. Nozo X Kimi's ending felt better since it actually concluded the character's story and opened some more stories for speculation. I agree too suwano's story actually progressed more than the two MCs.
May 20, 2021 10:15 AM
May 2021
FullMetalAsian said:
The ending did feel rushed I hope sometime in the future it gets saved they make an anime-only ending, I felt even something like a kiss would work on the ending as their relationship barely progressed. Nozo X Kimi's ending felt better since it actually concluded the character's story and opened some more stories for speculation. I agree too suwano's story actually progressed more than the two MCs.
Nawh that's stupid. It ended how it was supposed to. The author clearly implied they will be together forever, a kiss panel would've been great don't get me wrong, but an anime only ending 9 times outta 10 is almost always an insult to anybody who really cherishes the series.
May 20, 2021 9:03 PM
Apr 2021
RiceManCam said:
FullMetalAsian said:
Nawh that's stupid. It ended how it was supposed to. The author clearly implied they will be together forever, a kiss panel would've been great don't get me wrong, but an anime only ending 9 times outta 10 is almost always an insult to anybody who really cherishes the series.
At this point i dont think another Mgx season is coming up.
May 30, 2021 9:38 PM
Jul 2019
The ending was in character, but the payoff after everything that happened was ass. 3/5
Jul 22, 2021 1:09 PM
Dec 2020
It was a beautiful story, but the ending leaves much to be desired, we never saw a kiss
Jul 22, 2021 1:09 PM
Dec 2020
It was a beautiful story, but the ending leaves much to be desired, we never saw a kiss
May 31, 2022 9:41 PM
May 2019
8 years later still a doggy ass ending :(
Jul 10, 2022 6:00 PM
Jun 2022
Saw the anime and then got to chapter 53, I didn't see any development in their relationship anytime soon so I decided to read the last chapter, like I do with other series that feel like they're just getting dragged out, I'm glade I didn't sit through 40 more chapters of no progress in their relationship only to be disappointed, it's really a sad thing to see it just feels like a fuck you to the fans and makes me not want to read any of the authors other works.
Sep 21, 2022 6:51 PM

Apr 2020
fun read. Their relationship was totally pure. Author prolly didnt want to take the relationship forward since the characters are basically adolescence. Nice ending to a chill manga.
water
Dec 30, 2022 3:15 AM

Jun 2010
It's series and endings like this that remind me of the cultural factors likely at least partly behind japan's current birth rate..... >_<

Such a waste of a series, couple and characters!
Jan 11, 2023 10:54 AM

Jan 2013
what a blueballed nothing hotdog ending for something this unappetizing.
Jun 16, 2023 7:51 PM
Jun 2023
Just discovered this manga and finished it in two days. Now I can't sleep and depressed of the cliffhanger.
Nov 16, 2023 10:05 AM
Nov 2023
Reply to SoloHNTR
Just discovered this manga and finished it in two days. Now I can't sleep and depressed of the cliffhanger.
@SoloHNTR same I'm also depressed :)
Nov 16, 2023 10:06 AM
Nov 2023
Can anyone give some recommendations :)
Nov 19, 2023 8:40 AM
Nov 2023
Honestly, this ending is okay, because the author just wants us to think about the happy ending for ourselves... you know if the author wrote the ending, it would have many meanings. Opinions are mixed, because clearly everyone's thoughts and desires for a beautiful ending are different, and in chapter 92, Tsubaki didn't kiss Urabe and made it clear that he doesn't want to lose that daily job with her. there! and on the contrary, she kept what she wanted to say, that is, what she said to Tsubaki, that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Tsubaki forever. That is also a sure word that their love will not fade. The ending was great, people shouldn't be sad just because there wasn't a kiss. After all, they are students. Besides, the author who wrote this series doesn't have a smartphone, which means they truly love each other through words, not by texting each other. Of course, personally, I will rate this set 9/10 points. Anyway, Tsubaki also appreciates every day because she just wants to see Urabe and Urabe also made a fateful promise to Tsubaki, and she also plans to tell Tsubaki after finishing school! It's so wonderful that I want to spend the rest of my life with Tsubaki, which means that if they go further, the two of them will get married! That was my thought. The author does not finish and deliberately teaches readers to imagine for themselves!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Nazo no Kanojo x what chapter should I continue to, after the anime?

keragamming - Mar 10, 2014

5 by LowGa1n »»
Nov 29, 2023 11:21 PM

» Nazo no Kanojo X

Greencher - Jan 29, 2018

2 by troilus_05s »»
Mar 6, 2022 8:37 PM

» Mysterious Girlfriend X and One Punch Man?

264354287 - Aug 6, 2016

4 by troilus_05s »»
Mar 6, 2022 8:34 PM

» What's your opinion on this manga?

danklolihunter - May 11, 2019

2 by Areworm »»
Feb 3, 2022 7:43 AM

» Mysterious Girlfriend: After story?

littleduffy - Nov 3, 2014

3 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Dec 8, 2021 4:48 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.