Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 30, 2009 4:40 PM

Nov 2008
WAIT WAIT WAIT. I looked up some info on the director, since I was wondering if he did some other projects. And.. listen up! This anime was based on his award winning one-shot 'Amon Game' (2005). He decided to make an OVA out of it on his own.. (.....) And now, a couple of years later, we have a movie. I found this trailer on the official website: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXHX6w0IlBM

I may be crazy, but I don't remember seeing any of these scenes.
What's more, the animation looks alot better as well.

So, either the 30 min file we all just saw was a summary of the movie ór the actual OVA, and has a real movie DVD rip yet to surface!

So, judge by yourself, so we can clear this up..
(In case I happened to be wrong, I'm sorry, but please help!)

The New York Anime Festival (NYAF) has announced that it will host the United States premiere of Atsuya Uki's Cencoroll science-fiction anime film during the September 25-27 event. Cencoroll's story begins when a giant monster sends a town's citizens into a panic — except for a girl named Yuki and her schoolmate Tetsu. Tetsu happens to have his own strange creature named Cenco as a pet. Another boy named Shu controls the monster threatening the town, and the stage is set for a battle.

According to the sponsor Aniplex, Uki directed, wrote, designed, and animated the 30-minute film himself. The 2009 film is based on Uki and Anime Innovation Tokyo's earlier 2007 Cencoroll short, which NYAF also screened that year. The new 30-minute version had its world premiere at Canada's Fantasia 2009 festival on July 28, and it will open in Japan on August 22
desolatoOct 30, 2009 4:52 PM
Oct 30, 2009 4:54 PM

Apr 2009
same opinion here. it's clear that are really some big diferences in the two, in terms of animation and drawing ( the girl looks somehow different).

This trailer is dated from 2007, so we can assume production related problems, and maybe Atsuya Uki decided to create and release one version of it's own first?!
Oct 30, 2009 4:55 PM

Feb 2009
Well actually I'd be happy to see more of this :P Maybe one day we will see full movie of even TV series... ^_^ Bakemonogatari style hehe.
Oct 30, 2009 5:52 PM

Nov 2007
I've just been chacking and ANN lists the "movie" as half an hour long. They've even reviewed it based on that runtime, so it may be that the youtube clip is actually the short that was sponsored by Anime Innovation Tokyo in 2006.

I'll see if I can dig up more info, as I'd very much like to know myself.
What a day! What a lovely Day!
Oct 30, 2009 6:13 PM

Apr 2009
Archaeon said:
I've just been chacking and ANN lists the "movie" as half an hour long. They've even reviewed it based on that runtime, so it may be that the youtube clip is actually the short that was sponsored by Anime Innovation Tokyo in 2006.

I'll see if I can dig up more info, as I'd very much like to know myself.

Oh god I want to send this dude money to animate what I saw in that trailer so bad. I saw that trailer a few months ago and it screamed FLCL spiritual successor to me.
Oct 30, 2009 9:08 PM

Jun 2009
Oh, there's the trailer I remember seeing months ago. Now I'm betting on a movie.
Oct 31, 2009 12:36 AM
Dec 2008
they could make a 2 and a half movie out of this and id definetly watch it! i loved it :)
Oct 31, 2009 3:25 AM

Nov 2008
Already posted this in the episode discussion thread, but guess it didn't hurt duplicating it here.
--
I just re-read my post, and suddenly, it's all clear (ahem, lol).
I also asked Archeon about it, since he wrote that amazing review on it..

Anyways, I think this is it. The movie we all just saw, is the real deal. Uki produced this almost all by himself with the help of his sponsor Aniplex. The DVD was released October 28, 2009.

The trailer I posted is from 2007, the same year he produced a short movie/OVA of Cencoroll. This was financed by Anime Innovation Tokyo, who are stimulating and supporting individual anime directors.

That was the missing link. In the end, it wasn't that hard, hehe.
So, basically, if we get our hands on this short, the world would be perfect, haha.
I'm serious, that trailer, those scenes looked so much more badass than what we got. Anyways.. I'm gonna track the internet down for more info on this short.. and praying hoping that he will deliver more material in the upcoming years!
--
Oct 31, 2009 10:10 AM

Dec 2008
Wikipedia said:
Uki created a Cencoroll short film and distributed it over the Internet

lol, my ass. Unless that trailer was actually the short; that'd make a lot more sense. : \
Nov 4, 2009 11:43 AM

Jul 2008
This looks so much more badass
Dec 17, 2009 10:00 PM

Oct 2008
...WHAT?
This screams "full movie remake," but it PRECEDED the 30 minute movie we just watched?? I'm so confused -_-
Although I have to say, I don't like the character designs in this one as much. Yuki looks way better with black hair.

EDIT: Someone said this on YouTube:
"This is just the concept trailer Atsuya Uki did for an animation contest. The one you saw was the finished short film which looked different because he had a deadline."

...which would make sense. I'm almost convinced that this trailer was the "short film distributed it over the Internet."
innerchihiroDec 17, 2009 10:20 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » CENCOROLL Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

fastball611 - Oct 29, 2009

179 by CutesyCat5 »»
Jan 13, 4:41 PM

» Lixo

StuartPot - Jun 26, 2020

0 by StuartPot »»
Jun 26, 2020 8:08 PM

» Cencoroll in Durarara!

mystline - Feb 28, 2010

4 by bloodiemonster »»
May 29, 2014 8:56 AM

» DVD Release

TechnoCat - Oct 28, 2009

3 by kelakagandy »»
Oct 30, 2009 8:42 AM

» The trailer ( 1 2 )

flychansan - Sep 6, 2007

51 by krjmiism »»
Oct 2, 2009 11:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.