Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 20, 2012 5:27 PM

Jul 2011
Not sure if Kuroko really took anything from that experiences as she still rushes into things and causes the same problems.
Apr 21, 2012 3:33 PM

Mar 2012
EOTW said:
Not sure if Kuroko really took anything from that experiences as she still rushes into things and causes the same problems.

I think she'll probably grow out of it eventually. Nice that we get to see Kuroko and Uihara's backstories.
Aug 15, 2012 2:21 AM

Apr 2012
Some nice background on Kuroko and Uihara this episode. Still, for an organization called "Judgement" you have to wonder about theirs when they decided to have middle school girls perform law enforcement field work. Even if they do have esper powers, it seems irresponsible but oh well.
Dec 2, 2012 8:17 AM

Feb 2012
Fabienne said:
stepping on her ankle and on her hand was a bit too much, she was only a kid.
For me that part was horrible to watch.

I second this so much. I find Kuroko annoying, but Christ, she was a little kid at the time! >.<

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jan 29, 2013 1:15 AM

Jan 2013
Decent episode
Feb 3, 2013 1:21 PM

May 2012
Quite nice backstory on those two, and quite a nice promise as well!

Great ending lets see what's next though! I want to see some more Touma!
Mar 17, 2013 9:30 AM

Sep 2012
Ohh Kuroko ;______;
Nice episode. I love Kuroko and Uiharu's relationship now XD
Apr 19, 2013 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Bet that oddly enough, even if it brings a break in the plot and although there is interest in the past of Kazari and Kuroko, I liked it, without being bored while narrative. Drawings well made and funny at times! Promoted!
May 14, 2013 11:31 AM

Jun 2009
canders5 said:
i hated episode 4 because toma is an annoying incompetant brat

y u mad tho?
May 22, 2013 5:41 AM

Mar 2013
Is it just me or little Kuruko kinda reminds me of Kyouko Sakura from Mahou shoujo madoka magica seriously!!!
Aug 31, 2013 6:38 AM

Dec 2010
ironchefflip said:
Nice background story but still a "meh" episode.
Nah, the episode was great, the background was very needed and we even got some development.

This series are getting better and better. It turns out that maybe Railgun is indeed.. not sure if better but at least as good as TMNI. I mean, in TMNI we get much more action but here in Railgun we get much more character development. I feel that the two animes balance each other in the end.
Sep 18, 2013 9:17 PM

Sep 2011
Great background story on Kuroko and Uiharu!
Dec 29, 2013 4:36 AM

Nov 2012
owwhh little kuroko and uiharu is really cute..
Jan 6, 2014 2:57 PM

Sep 2013
I hate Kuroko's voice! I had to say it x)
In every score, there's a feeling...
Jan 30, 2014 12:37 PM

Dec 2013
Touma is actually better in Railgun than in Index - don't have to listen to his annoying naive shit.
Apr 28, 2014 4:18 PM

Jan 2013
So Shirai & Uiharu are like "old friends".Still i think that Shirai was right and Uiharu was wrong in the stealing of the car,if Uiharu didn't followed her she would beat both of them.
WOW Misaki helped Shirai in the bank wooooow She was lvl 5 even there :D

starrysky said:
This really is the best series of this season I think. I'm glad they've got it at 24 eps instead of 12 or 13. I really home we see more of Touma, even though he is only a supporting character. But watching the interaction between him and Mikoto is funny.

I also hope there will be more Touma,he got some funny moments with Misaka _D
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 4, 2014 10:36 PM

Jul 2010
DRaaX said:
I hate Kuroko's voice! I had to say it x)

Same here, but the strange thing for me is that I found her voice fine in Index but here it sounds quite annoying.
May 8, 2014 2:29 PM

Jan 2013
Misaka was a cute gurl when she was young too ^_^. And this episode was not even about Misaka :P.
Jul 27, 2014 6:33 PM

Aug 2013
Okay, now I'm really curious about how and when Kuroko got to know about Misaka and got so fond into her. Must be a nice story :)

Anyway, it was a good episode. Nice to see the past of the characters. The whole fighting was brutal. Kuroko failed a lot, but in the end, she won. I guess it was the most important thing. But still, she lacked of judgement. Uiharu will probably be able to balance that wrecklessness of her.

Ahhh, those cute little kouhai...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 29, 2014 1:58 PM

Dec 2013
Nice episode showing some past.
That bandit's skill is awesome.
Japanese make promises with left hand? lol

DNF said:
Kuroko had always that voice LOL.

Ye, terrible. If I'm not mistaken that pink haired bitch from Kill la Kill is the same seiyuu. Worst voice I've ever heard lol.
Aug 27, 2014 1:07 PM

May 2014
ironchefflip said:
Nice background story but still a "meh" episode.

Well said, I agree, it's was so "meh" Nothing too special. It felt like Shoujo melodrama, the screaming just didn't act very compelling. I doubt anyone felt strongly for Shirai. The villain was pretty half-assed, he didn't act like a robber at all. =(

3/5 Next episode will most likely be better, can't be this bad again.
Jan 14, 2016 9:53 PM

Mar 2015
An important flash back! Episode.

This episode, so much Lolis, not that I hate.

Glasses judgment girl breast is big for my opinion.
Mar 6, 2016 5:33 PM

Mar 2015
Meh. The usual flashback no one really cares about. I wished they would focus more on Misaka than her friends who exists only in this Railgun series.

Jan 30, 2017 2:17 AM

Dec 2013
Flashback was nice but overall meh episode.
Mar 21, 2017 8:49 AM

Aug 2013
I still don't like kuroko.. proves she's still an arrogant brat.
But that was a good flashback episode.. nice knowing more about their past.
You can do it, Uiharu ! Ganbatte.
Jun 21, 2017 5:52 AM

Mar 2013
it was alright episode.
Kuroko was less annoying this episode.
Sep 13, 2017 12:13 PM

Jun 2013
This episode had solid visual direction, especially the flashback. Unfortunately, it wasn't all that well written. I can believe that Kuroko and Uihara would act stupid, they're just kids. But the senpai literally points at the criminal with her finger, while attempting to be sneaky. Senpai doesn't immediately attempt to send the two kids outside, as soon as she sees the gun. The manager doesn't hit the silent alarm, but instead the one that's loud and locks the assailant inside, along with the customers and employees, etc.. The contrivances necessary for the lesson to be learned are poorly disguised.

I'm not sure exactly why, but I didn't really feel any emotions regarding the flashback. This may be due to a poor structuring of the series, the on-the-nose dialogue, or the incessant sexual harassment gags undermining the characters. For example, maybe this episode would have meant something to me at a point where I've already seen Kuroko and Uihara accomplish something truly amazing together, or where I had already gotten somewhat attached to them. While I don't believe "character building for the sake of itself" is necessarily a bad thing, this is one instance where it fails to accomplish anything. What's also unfortunate is that neither of the two have gone through a meaningful change in the present, they basically just "reviewed" a lesson they already learned a year ago, just so we'd have an excuse for the flashback.

Another problem with the series structure so far, is that the episodic stories aren't strong enough on their own. The thing about episodic shows is that, if the self-contained stories are not genuinely impressive, the show will have nothing to stand on. This series would have been much better if it had quickly introduced some sort of an overarching plot starting with episode two, because we could have coasted on that much better with the quality of writing that has been apparent so far.

And thus, Railgun, so far, doesn't have momentum, an emotional core, or consistently funny comedy, or even a relaxing atmosphere (a bank robbery isn't exactly relaxing). The fanservice is few and far between (for better or worse), so even if those who are into this type would be probably better off watching something that at least delivers on that. Oh yeah, and the idea that the girls were about a foot shorter and wore children's clothing just 1-2 years ago lends the fanservice in the present an additional layer of "end my life tbh"

Yet, with all that said, there is still some vague charm to this show, and I'm not just talking about Mikoto's coolness. Episode 1 was good, and 3 and 4 were almost good because they played to the strengths of the show (Mikoto in 1 and 4, the focus on a superpower and the creepy scientist in episode 4). The fun setting can provide so many opportunities. Pieces of a good show are in here somewhere, but so far it's not really coming together.

By the way, the opening is half the reason I haven't dropped the show yet. The song is not even all that fitting for the show's pacing and tone so far, but it's really fun and addictive. The show has yet to catch up to it in that respect.

LeeTailorSep 13, 2017 1:38 PM
Oct 25, 2017 5:32 AM

Nov 2016
Best episode yet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 6, 2017 10:01 AM

Apr 2013
Average episode, probably because it focused on the two less interesting of the four girls to me.
Dec 16, 2017 5:59 PM

Aug 2013
An okay episode. It was nice seeing Kuroko and Uiharu past.

Feb 6, 2018 7:21 AM

Sep 2012
Kuroko learned nothing from past, still reckless as ever lol
Feb 20, 2018 6:21 PM

Feb 2012
For a moment I thought maybe the car actually belonged to the alleged thieves

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 12, 2018 7:39 AM

Jul 2015
Very nice Kuroko-Uihara backstory episode, I hope Kuroko starts accepting more the help of the others.
Nov 19, 2018 2:55 PM

Nov 2014
Awww little Kuroko was too cute, nice to finally see some backstory on the cast.

Wonder if Kuroko knows who saved her?
Nov 20, 2018 7:48 PM

Dec 2014
well shiraishi and here friend background story hmm
Jan 1, 2019 9:44 PM

Aug 2017
Nice development for Uiharu and Kuroko.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 6, 2019 3:01 AM

Aug 2011
A little girl knocking over two full grown men? Really?
This is a level of retarded I didn't think possible.

I like the characters in Index/Railgun and the setting is interesting but the writing is so stupid and childish its difficult to take seriously. It basically exemplifies everything I dislike about anime. Makes it difficult to keep watching.
Jul 2, 2019 6:44 AM
Jan 2018
NovaLord said:
A little girl knocking over two full grown men? Really?
This is a level of retarded I didn't think possible.

I like the characters in Index/Railgun and the setting is interesting but the writing is so stupid and childish its difficult to take seriously. It basically exemplifies everything I dislike about anime. Makes it difficult to keep watching.

It can happen . Especially if the kid is trained and does surprise attacks that the attackers aren't expecting
Jan 12, 2020 6:45 AM

Sep 2018
It is not the best of the episodes, but it certainly has qualities: it deepens the characterization of some characters and gives us a way to understand their interpersonal links between them. The storytelling is fun enough and also moe in some ways. How cute Uiharu is as a child, even that little Kuroko girl is so cute.
Apr 12, 2020 7:32 AM

Aug 2018
Oh, backstory how Kuroko and Uiharu met?.. Sweet.. ;p Not too much for now, though.. It was hard for Uiharu at first..
And today they get into fight, hm.. Friends can argue at times.. Well, let's see..
Kuroko's and Misaki's academy is top 5 academy in the city?.. Just how many academies are in their city overall, if top 5 is apparently great?.. Yeah, I know that it's academies' centered town overall.. But how many academies are there?..
Hm, criminals having secret accomplices isn't something we get in these types of situations usually.. I think it's smart.. But also these kinds of situations are pretty dumb to begin with - like you seriously robbing banks or breaking in cars at the day light in this age?.. Well, maybe in some rural areas.. But in city it's pretty dumb to begin with, you won't get away with it.. So it's strange seeing robbers being smart and dumb like this at the same time..
I think in the end they made up, but Kuroko still remains reckless?.. Well, all people can make mistakes from one hand.. From another, it just feels questionable, why this topic of being careful is raised, if in the end we still only at best get a slight hint that maybe Kuroko remembered about professionalism and took it seriously?.. I think that maybe Uiharu understood Kuroko, that she remembered their promise.. And that's why they didn't talk more.. Still they solved it pretty quick without much talk, only one word really - "professionalism".. Well, they understood each other only by this one word, I guess.. A bit hard to believe, but ok.. Maybe they know each other for long and can understand each other easily.. Still, I think, I need really to see more of their relationship..
May 19, 2020 5:19 PM

May 2016
Quite a history they have had together and it was pretty good in the same time as well.
May 31, 2020 11:28 PM
Dec 2017
One thing i always find a little annoying about shows like this, is that when people have the power of teleportation why do they run everywhere? Especially if they can teleport other people with them. Teleportation is such a useful ability that if i had i would be using all the time
Oct 26, 2020 9:20 AM

Dec 2016
lol 6th grade kids working for Judgement. nice one Judgement, hiring kids for actually possible fights LMAO
May 17, 2022 5:31 AM
Oct 2019
Beautiful backstory Kuroko Shirai and Kazari Uiharu...

Imagined as adult got beaten by a child...
That so embarrassing.lmao
Aug 20, 2023 8:32 PM

Jun 2021
love backstories
Nov 29, 2023 4:43 AM

Nov 2023
We are all literally different when we were smol
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM

» Why is there no CGDCT on this show?

Sagepool - Nov 30, 2023

14 by FZREMAKE »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:39 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Mar 19, 2010

372 by WELLERM »»
Nov 29, 2023 4:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.