Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 22, 2014 1:37 PM

Jul 2012
That ending was too epic :D They always like to tease us with such things and "To be continued".
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 23, 2014 9:14 PM

Jan 2014
OMG I finally caught up with One Piece right when this is the last episode and everything just escalated so quickly and the guy at the end of the episode omg O.O we all know who that is... but then it's the first time that I can't click next episode anymore

T.T
Sep 23, 2014 9:25 PM

Apr 2014
asteroidvx said:
OMG I finally caught up with One Piece right when this is the last episode and everything just escalated so quickly and the guy at the end of the episode omg O.O we all know who that is... but then it's the first time that I can't click next episode anymore

T.T

Congratulation on catching up and now feel the infinite torture of waiting an episode of One Piece episode every week ZEHAHAHAHAHA.
Sep 23, 2014 11:54 PM

Jun 2014
Seems like things are just about to explode can't wait :)
feel free to check out my list and message me recommendations :)
Sep 26, 2014 7:36 AM

Jan 2014
tr1ckst3r said:
asteroidvx said:

T.T

Congratulation on catching up and now feel the infinite torture of waiting an episode of One Piece episode every week ZEHAHAHAHAHA.

Thanks! :) I'll start reading the manga soon so that I can postpone the torture for a bit... until I catch up to where the manga is haha xD but still it's not the same without the music and everything so I'll definitely keep watching the anime.
Sep 27, 2014 5:52 PM

Mar 2010
They seem to have way to many enemies.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Sep 28, 2014 4:53 AM

Jun 2011
Skipped from episode 637 to this episode (yibis latest) and wow, even with the minimal effort Toei puts in One Piece now, the episode still got me tensed up. There are a few silly scenes and annoying high pitch shouting though, and the usual complaint, the animation could have been much better.. -_-

The recap with DD's 3 shots was great, DD is pissed. Zoro short confrontation with Fuji was damn disappointing, I liked it in the manga. Sanji asking for permission to counterattack was great, that was a badass scene, I have always liked how the main trio is never afraid of big threats, despite the fact that they might not have won against those big threats. And, that end!!!! I hope yibis releases the next episode soon. T_T
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 30, 2014 12:24 PM

Oct 2009
Goddamit!! My plan was to wait 3 weeks and watch 3episodes together each time, but..that ENDING!!! So much is going down, how am I supposed to resist!! >.<!!
Oct 16, 2014 2:25 PM

Jan 2013
Since everyone decided to spoil it was
at the end (not the people who actually put spoiler tags)
rodacFeb 11, 2015 1:08 AM
Nov 6, 2014 6:35 PM

Jan 2014
Everyone is more concerned about you-know-who, but I'm more interested in what Big Mom is doing so close to Dressrosa and their interest in Caesar.

This is the kind of stuff that gets me excited. 3 different items of interest: Caesar, Momonuske, SMILE factory. 3 different parties: Luffy & co, Sanji & co., Franky and co. 3 different antagonists: Donquixote Doflamingo, Admiral Fujitora & the Navy, Yonkou Big Mom.
That is what an intricate plot is all about!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Nov 16, 2014 2:15 PM
Sep 2010
This episode was so good. One thing kept on happening after another and my mouth would not stop dropping. Already know who the mystery character thanks to spoilers but I'm still excited anyway. Epic episode.
Uploader53
Jan 2, 2015 3:11 PM

Mar 2012
I'm gonna be that guy and ask: Why the hell didn't Zoro just cut down the bars or the wall so that Luffy could get out instead of just running around like idiots? *shakes fist at plot logic*
Jan 2, 2015 4:08 PM

Nov 2010
xAvengerx said:
I'm gonna be that guy and ask: Why the hell didn't Zoro just cut down the bars or the wall so that Luffy could get out instead of just running around like idiots? *shakes fist at plot logic*

becasue it all happened in a matter of seconds

there was no running around colosseum in the manga, it was filler added exactly becasue in the manga it was happening too fast and it was too hard to drag out without adding stupid stuff
Jan 23, 2015 10:08 PM
Jun 2013
One of the best episodes of One Piece EVER!!!
OOOOOMMMMMMMGGGGG Every second of this was the truth. Big Mom showing up is soo crazy. An emperor showing up against the weakest part of their crew lol
Mar 2, 2015 3:41 AM

Nov 2014
Yup Dofamingo and the Admiral weren't enough already, so they thought lets bring big mom as well.
Crazy stuff are going all around, and that ending YEEES
Mar 6, 2015 9:48 AM
Jan 2015
was that sabo at the end?
Mar 28, 2015 2:13 AM

Apr 2012
Kyros..
Jul 3, 2015 5:31 AM
Apr 2008
What the hell...

Picture :

Are you fkin kidding me?
Luffy, punch the wall next to the bars
Zoro, CUT THE F*****G BARS

-.-'
Jul 25, 2015 7:50 PM

Apr 2009
Everything's falling apart and only Nami's analytical sense allowed them to formulate a back-up plan and counterattack.

I knew that hat with goggles from way back when they were young...Sabo?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 23, 2015 8:39 PM

Jun 2015
That's sabo for sure.
Jun 22, 2016 3:24 AM

Jan 2015
Awesome Episode and that ending ;3

(Sudden cries) :'(
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Jun 22, 2016 11:54 PM

Nov 2011
AHHH! IT'S HIM! There's been a hole since Ace died... I hope he fills it. :)

Also, I really like that they're shaking things up a bit. Recently the plot has felt more complex, but I hope they'll stop doing isolated arcs. Bringing Big Mom into the picture gives a more realistic (yes, somehow I managed to use that word to describe One Piece...) story-line. Making things more complex is more engaging, and because the world is so big they shouldn't run into too much trouble with plot holes.
"You are a god damn idiot. I'd like to prove this mathematically if I may: Take your current age... Now subtract ten years from it. Were you smart back then? Of course you weren't! You were a god damn idiot! The fact of the matter is you're still as big an idiot today; its just going to take you ten more years to realize it." - Church
Aug 6, 2016 4:55 AM

Mar 2015
Whoa Big Mom out of nowhere!

Epic stuff, this one!!

And that ending!! Sabo!!!!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 29, 2017 8:27 AM
Oct 2015
That ending was absolutely gorgeous, motherfucking Sabo!!
Mar 18, 2017 12:13 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Momonosuke is a puzzle piece of the Donflamingo puzzle!!!! O__O

Coby???
May 2, 2017 4:01 AM

May 2014
HE SHOWED UP!!!!

Also, Law got wrecked by Doffy really easily so I'm worried about how Luffy's gonna deal with him.

Lol at Caesar swindling money from Big Mom...looks like he's gonna be sticking about for a while! Yay!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2017 1:20 AM

Dec 2016
this episode was pretty intense to me. things were heating up blah blah blah

however i get down whenever i come across a comment saying that the manga chapter counterpart of an anime episode felt more real and that the anime episode counterpart does not even come close to evoking or stirring such that the manga chapter can

makes me rethink of my life choices
ie. not dropping the manga
Sep 7, 2017 1:13 PM

Jun 2015
Sabo! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 17, 2017 3:30 PM
Jan 2017
Brook Chopper and Namis panicking and scariness it's completely justifiable in situations like this n I give them a pass
Dec 15, 2017 2:19 PM

Dec 2014
I knew Sabo was alive because it was in google suggestions but damn
I didn't think it was going to be this early
Dec 29, 2019 6:28 PM

Jun 2016
If we thought this was already exciting and crazy, we hadn’t seen anything yet. Firstly, the confrontation with Doflamingo and the Straw Hats. It started quite horrifying honestly. Luffy was trapped behind sea prism stone bars and he had to watch his friend Tra-guy get shot, his friend Kin’emon get cut, and then his second in command Zoro “disappear”. This felt incredibly similar to Sabaody. Luffy being unable to act while watching his friends get hurt one by one. In fact, in both cases Zoro “disappeared”. We were able to see how casual Doflamingo was and how he played “the hero” again while also mentioning his responsibility to deal with Law. But, Zoro and Kin’emon in a single moment deciding to charge in against the warlord and save Tra-guy showed their guts. Kin’emon may be goofy but he can hold his own. I was initially thinking that, like when Sanji was around, Zoro may be able to hold Doflamingo off just long enough to save Law. But then Fujitora clashed with him, with a trade of blades the gravity of Zoro’s body grows heavier and makes him topple through the ground. That shot of him in the hole looked dang painful. Yet, Zoro, the mad man he is, was able to slash, despite the weight, and cut through the air hitting Fujitora which loosened the grip. Interestingly, Fujitora’s power is kind of the inverse of Miss Valentine of Baroque works in the same way that Law’s power is the inverse of Buggy’s.

The silver lining of this scene was that despite Zoro not being there to save Law, Fujitora blocking Zoro essentially reminded us that he wants Law alive. He wants to arrest him. So, despite Fujitora’s presence here being frightening, he works as a sort of insurance that whoever he takes down will stay alive whereas Doflamingo is not so nice. He also had a cute line in there about how he didn’t have anything against the Straw Hats, in fact, he felt a little guilty “paying kindness with ingratitude.” But, before things went absolutely crazy, Doflamingo whispered something to Fujitora, a deal he wanted to make, and he got Fujitora’s word that he’d hear him out in the palace. Something Zoro tried to stop before he got surrounded. I understand the next sequence was filler, and in my mind it wasn’t additive but actually somewhat harmful. It was hilarious to see Zoro run around in a circle reminding me of running from the Punk Hazard gas, but it made the marines seem like they had no strategy whatsoever, they seemed stupid to not spread out. Then it allowed for a moment where Zoro could have easily cut the bars but didn’t and told Luffy to find an exit. Either way, Luffy could break the wall if he really wanted to. Overall that small filler broke immersion and made both Zoro and the marines seem overly dumb.

So we already have a war brewing, one of the most powerful logia fruits floating around, the presence of Blackbeard with Burgess, the most dangerous warlord with the help of an admiral opposing the crew, but that isn’t enough. This is One Piece and that’s all too structured. What we need is a wildcard to make me, who was already shaking in tension, start screaming. That wildcard is the presence of a second emperor at Dressrosa. WHAT THE HELL?!?!??! Quickly we saw Pekoms and the other candy loanshark of Big Mom’s and they immediately made their cause known. They are here for Caesar and they figured the Straw Hats had him. They were broadcasted at Punk Hazard after all. This ends up being two birds with one stone, the Straw Hats are already an enemy of Big Mom, and Caesar has swindled her for research funds. What a nutcase, as Sanji put it: everybody wants this mad scientist. Whether it’s because he’s crucial to Kaido, or because Big Mom wants to skin him alive. Yet, this led to a delicate Sanji moment. He saw the seriousness in Caesar’s plead for help, and despite telling him “I don’t care if you live or die” I think we saw some concern on his face. He rationalized it as “we can’t let anyone take you anyways” but this was almost like some words of reassurance. And, although Caesar may hate the Straw Hats for ruining his plan at Punk Hazard and keeping him away from Joker, if they save his life from Big Mom he may get a bit of stockholm syndrome. It’s not like they’re awful to him all the time, Chopper fixed his broken nose earlier too.

Soooo, Big Mom… She has a singing ship and it’s massive and trying to sink the Straw Hats. Brook is steering the ship and telling everyone to pray while freaking out, and Nami had a moment of leadership. She was the reason to balance out Sanji’s loyalty. Sanji wanted to risk everything to fight with his nakama. But Nami pointed out that they have both Momonosuke and Caesar with them so the only thing in Doflamingo’s hands that he’s gunning for is the factory which they can still destroy. Leading Big Mom to Dressrosa and having their trump cards stolen is only going to hinder them. Further, Sanji did the incredibly awesome, he, the only one of the demonic trio there, asked for permission to counter attack Big Mom. I don’t know what he’s thinking, but I have faith in Sanji’s plans. He’s done some amazing stuff in the past.

In conclusion, there are three major plans going on now. Franky, Usopp, and Robin fighting with the army to destroy the factory which will be defended by the Don Quixote family. Sanji, Nami, Chopper, Brook, Momonosuke, and Caesar are heading to Zou while planning to counterattack the following Big Mom. And Luffy, Zoro, and Kin’emon seem to be heading right to the palace to save Tra-guy, which coincidentally, Violet is heading there too! That is amazing already, and we mustn't forget about Ace’s devil fruit with Rebecca’s story and the other contestants either. And if that is Sabo as his hat would suggest, then that means the revolutionaries may be here too?!?! Although to be fair, it could just be him. Either way, I want to know why he wasn’t there for Ace, that’s a burning question I’ve had, and further, if he’s a friend then that’s just one more strong ally for this upcoming clash of emperors, warlords, worst generations, and admirals. O.o

P.S. I was wondering if Kin’emon, Kanjuro, and Momonosuke are important people in Wano. If Momonosuke is like the secret prince of Wano then I could see why Doflamingo would want him. Further, he has a dragon zoan fruit so, if controlled, then he could one day be a deadly subordinate. Still, I’m not confident on any theories just yet.
Dec 31, 2019 8:31 PM
Aug 2017
Its all going down finally! Thats fucking Sabo bro! Holy shit whats gon happen
May 6, 2020 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
I like how they took this episode to sort of recap all of the Straw Hats’ current priorities. Things were getting a little chaotic and it seems like they have several different objectives. Luckily, they took the time to spell out who is doing what from this point onward. I found all that occurred after the eye-catcher to be beneficial, albeit slightly confusing.

But…

How tf is Sanji able to kick a cannonball as if it were a regular dodgeball? That’s what I call making a character overpowered. How are we supposed to take the predicaments the Straw Hats get into seriously if they’re able to treat cannonballs like fuckin snowflakes. I don’t care how much they trained over the timeskip, they ain’t metaphysical beings.
Sep 7, 2020 9:37 AM

Mar 2020
wtffff

Sabo is here, Big Mom is here, Doflamingo is here, Fujitora is here
This is gonna be fun. Sad to see the Straw Hats get divided on different islands though.
Sep 24, 2020 12:30 PM

May 2015
Dressrosa citizens are fucking dumb, and they always have been.
It's funny how Luffy loses his energy the moment he touches sea prism but others like Caesar are always full of energy with sea prism handcuffs lol
Kin'emon could've easily rescued Law if he didn't stop to chitchat for fucking minutes waiting for Doflamingo to hit him up... but then again, tho, looks like the latter one likes to wait for his enemies to finish their conversation before attacking them, I mean, the other episode with Law, Sanji and the others in the sunny lol
Zoro and Kin'emon could easily beat the crap out of the navy soldiers but decided to run instead, because... plot?! lol
That's Luffy's other brother(forgot his name lol) who is thought to be dead in the shadow at the end, it's clear as daylight!
Up to my knowledge there's 84 episodes left in this arc so please tell me(actually don't cause spoilers lol) they didn't cut out 4 of the Straw Hats from what's left of this arc, I'd be pissed if they did that.
This was such an explosive episode, overall, I'm still in it's mood, can't get it out of my head, it hyped me up all over again, boy you know shit's about to get real when Luffy gets serious/pissed off/angry, gotta go back to watching, next episode here I come, well in a bit lol
TheBerserkerSep 24, 2020 5:45 PM
Jan 26, 2021 5:41 PM

May 2016
I can’t cope with these cliffhangers. Every single episode in this arc is making me NEED to watch more.

Poor Traf too T_T
I also heavily Stan Luffy when he’s acting as the great captain that he is.
Apr 16, 2021 11:43 AM

May 2016
Bellamy not having the audacity to go through with his scheme of killing Luffy was admirable. The guy really has changed but unfortunately for him, the Donquixote Family's got his eyes on him.

Big Mom really just had to make things a lot more complicated than it already is, huh. I hope that they'll be able to save Law.

Holy shit it's him!

Jun 28, 2021 10:03 PM
Jul 2016
I just saw this episode and istg if I didn't have to go to work, I would have danced and cried! The fight sequences were amazing, everyone is in so much trouble!! I love how Franky talked with Luffy and Luffy gave him permission to fight. Zoro was really cool as always and Sanji vs BigMom is something I am looking forward too!!
I hope Law is okay. I really love Doflamingo as a villian. I didn't like him when I saw him in the Marine Ford Arc but in this arc he is such a cool villain!
And was that Sabo in the end??? I thought the episode will end after what Luffy said because that would have been such a cool ending, so when the episode continued I was a bit shocked and disappointed. But when they showed Sabo(?) I was like OMFG!!!!
I am so glad I am watching One Piece, honestly the best anime ever. I feel bad for people missing out on this masterpiece.
Aug 8, 2021 12:41 PM

Jun 2019
Ah... that ending was so good.
Aug 26, 2021 1:22 PM

Aug 2021
omfg a yonko is there!!!!!!

Luffy finally decided to buttobasu Doflammingo
Nov 19, 2021 8:55 PM
Jan 2021
Sabo showed up omg omg!
May 6, 2022 10:21 PM
Jul 2018
Really great episode fujitora's theme is amazing the fight between zoro and fujitora was great and at the end it's him
Aug 18, 2022 5:13 AM

Dec 2018
people calling it a "great episode" just because 1 minute of 24 was decent. holy shit your expectations are low. i can literally just skip to the last 4 minutes and miss NOTHING.
Oct 3, 2022 1:55 AM
May 2021
Oi oi oi don't tell me, that's who I think it is
Feb 14, 2023 2:44 PM
Aug 2021
Damn Doflamingo has no chill bro threw Tra like a ragdoll a lit him up😂😂 Obsivouly though this is One piece so I
know he is not dead.
May 23, 2023 3:36 PM
Aug 2020
You sneaky blonde top hat wearing scoundrel.
Jun 18, 2023 7:59 PM
Sep 2020
AMIGO NO ME DEJARON RESPIRAR DE LA CANTIDAD DE COSAS MANIJERAS QUE PASARON (No digo que pasó para no spoilear)
Aug 19, 2023 6:23 AM
Oct 2019
BIG MOM?

Fujitora!!

Everything is going south.

But that ending....
I recognized that hat, AIN'T NO WAY....
SABO? WTF
Oct 21, 2023 2:15 PM
Feb 2022
Big Mom está llegando en el peor momento, y Law ha sido secuestrado. Las cosas empeoran.
Oct 31, 2023 7:43 AM
Oct 2022
I sure hope that was who I think it was at the end!!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Luffy Has Some Body Counts ***May Contain Spoilers/Not Beyond Dressrosa Story Arc***

simonitro - Apr 14

19 by elderonn »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 328 Discussion

TheWestExit - Oct 29, 2007

39 by bakakisima »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

160 by Dani_1fssh »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 49 Discussion

Kaizokuou - Aug 9, 2009

49 by boterbloempje »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 123 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 19, 2009

45 by kejora »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.