Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
Is Slaine the worst character of 2014?
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2014 7:19 AM

Mar 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Way to sugarcoat Slaine fanboys who throw out the names "Gary stu", "Robot", "Emotionless", "Robot" to the character called Inaho whenever he does something awesome. "Worst character" is still your opinion but Slaine's actions are just stupid and done in a fit of jealousy without any logic at all.

Remeber i said, my impression for him went from "like" to "disgust and complete hate".........how about looking at both sides first before trying to be smart guy.
Oh, don't misunderstand. I'm not letting those guys off the hook either. Don't presume you know me or where I stand. For me it's not about Slaine fans vs Inaho fans. It's about actually following the narrative of the story whether we liked the outcome or hated it. You seem to think I'm some child willing to cheer on Slaine blindly and give his fanboys a pass when they act like jerks and worse. I am not. I am looking at both sides. You are the one that's not.

I got involved in the argument when I noticed a disproportionate amount of Slaine haters actively personally attacking anybody that remotely didn't hate Slaine for his actions. Yeah, way more people against Slaine are doing nothing bashing posters rather than making a real case to hate Slaine to the point on here Slaine has been actively accused of having no logic whatsoever behind his actions. That's just not true. It's just his actions were stupid with horrible consequences despite his motives all being good.

Don't misunderstand my position. I find Slaine to be an idiot and I also didn't care about Inhao one way or another but didn't like or agree with what Slaine did to him. I do understand WHY it happened. I'm just unhappy with the fanboy war on here where blatant lies are being passed that Slaine knew the princess was there which just was not the case.

I'm also going to ignore the guy who says I have no logic (way to keep up the personal attacks) because that's the exact shit I'm sick of.
Sep 21, 2014 7:21 AM

Dec 2013
The day Inaho died was the day I drank Champane. So in a way, Slaine became even more likeable to me than before.

Therefore, no, Slaine is not worst character. He is not a good character, Aldnoah doesn't have good characters, but at least he felt like human, not a robot.
Sep 21, 2014 7:26 AM
Aug 2012
MetaKite said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Way to sugarcoat Slaine fanboys who throw out the names "Gary stu", "Robot", "Emotionless", "Robot" to the character called Inaho whenever he does something awesome. "Worst character" is still your opinion but Slaine's actions are just stupid and done in a fit of jealousy without any logic at all.

Remeber i said, my impression for him went from "like" to "disgust and complete hate".........how about looking at both sides first before trying to be smart guy.
Oh, don't misunderstand. I'm not letting those guys off the hook either. Don't presume you know me or where I stand. For me it's not about Slaine fans vs Inaho fans. It's about actually following the narrative of the story whether we liked the outcome or hated it. You seem to think I'm some child willing to cheer on Slaine blindly and give his fanboys a pass when they act like jerks and worse. I am not. I am looking at both sides. You are the one that's not.

I got involved in the argument when I noticed a disproportionate amount of Slaine haters actively personally attacking anybody that remotely didn't hate Slaine for his actions. Yeah, way more people against Slaine are doing nothing bashing posters rather than making a real case to hate Slaine to the point on here Slaine has been actively accused of having no logic whatsoever behind his actions. That's just not true. It's just his actions were stupid with horrible consequences despite his motives all being good.

Don't misunderstand my position. I find Slaine to be an idiot and I also didn't care about Inhao one way or another but didn't like or agree with what Slaine did to him. I do understand WHY it happened. I'm just unhappy with the fanboy war on here where blatant lies are being passed that Slaine knew the princess was there which just was not the case.

I'm also going to ignore the guy who says I have no logic (way to keep up the personal attacks) because that's the exact shit I'm sick of.

If that's the case then i owe you an apology.

I am just annoyed by the fact that Slaine fanboys are trying to sugarcoat or support his actions when it is devoid of any logic or reasoning. They don't need to hate him but they are missing very obvious facts. Prime example will be, most think or says it's payback for Inaho shooting Slaine but they missed that Slaine was the one who shot first and demanded to see the princess.

But if Slaine was the character he was shown in the past 11 episodes, then he will obviously know that the princess is in the castle or at least who is the bigger threat aka Saazbaum. That point still stands.

Sep 21, 2014 7:27 AM

Dec 2012
This is just shipping wars in camouflage.
Sep 21, 2014 7:32 AM

Apr 2008
Eximai said:
Slaine for worst in 2014 is kind of pushing it, but yeah, he is pretty bad. What a way to end it. It was just so sudden and he killed Inaho for no reason at all ._.
In Aldnoah the worst was the stupid little girl next to Asseylum and also Rayet. They were so bloody annoying.

As for the real worst in 2014, I'd say either mc from Brynhildr or Flag.

There was a reason. Jealousy. The princess didn't even notice Slaine before she got shot. She was too worried about Inaho
Sep 21, 2014 7:39 AM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Eximai said:
Slaine for worst in 2014 is kind of pushing it, but yeah, he is pretty bad. What a way to end it. It was just so sudden and he killed Inaho for no reason at all ._.
In Aldnoah the worst was the stupid little girl next to Asseylum and also Rayet. They were so bloody annoying.

As for the real worst in 2014, I'd say either mc from Brynhildr or Flag.

There was a reason. Jealousy. The princess didn't even notice Slaine before she got shot. She was too worried about Inaho
Well that and, you know, Inaho was only aiming his gun at the guy in response. I wouldn't say either was thinking rationally in the heat of the moment.

Not to mention Slaine couldn't have known that Inaho and Asselyum were friends, it seems to make more sense to him that both Martians and Terrans alike were using her for their own gains. 10 seconds of Asseylum worrying over Inaho is not going to infuse 10+ episodes of bonding into Slaine's mind on the fly.
Sep 21, 2014 7:40 AM

Mar 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
If that's the case then i owe you an apology.

I am just annoyed by the fact that Slaine fanboys are trying to sugarcoat or support his actions when it is devoid of any logic or reasoning. They don't need to hate him but they are missing very obvious facts. Prime example will be, most think or says it's payback for Inaho shooting Slaine but they missed that Slaine was the one who shot first and demanded to see the princess.

But if Slaine was the character he was shown in the past 11 episodes, then he will obviously know that the princess is in the castle or at least who is the bigger threat aka Saazbaum. That point still stands.
No, I understand and you don't have to apologize. I had a run-in with a mod on another board where he was posting "#suckitinaho and other provocations designed to piss off Inaho fans. A mod. While some of it is comical and acceptable if done out of humor, I'm finding people are just crapping on other people for their opinions. That's not funny for even poking fun.

There is logic behind Slaine's reasoning. They are just not smart at all. let's look at what happened for Inaho shooting Slaine down. Slaine doesn't see that his refusal to talk to Inaho made the situation worse. Frankly, they were both in the right and wrong because they were on opposing sides of the war. Inaho should have given Slaine a better chance (like he did Rayet) since Slaine had just fought along side them and saved them from the Countess. Slaine should have been cooperative and explained he had no wish to harm the princess. However, again this is war and neither side trusted the other and wanted to give out potentially damaging information. There was no right, wrong, good, evil or winners.

The gray area where ANYTHING can happen was why I enjoyed this series. It's war and there is no black and white and no clear side was in right or wrong when it came to those two. It would have taken sitting down and talking which they never got to really do because of the distrust. Inaho and Slaine were total opposites and were destined to butt heads since Inaho takes the logical steps thinking everything while Slaine is on emotion and seemingly making illogical decisions. they were logical in context given his situation. They were just really dumb and we all saw how it ended up.
Sep 21, 2014 7:40 AM

Apr 2008
Ratohnhaketon said:
Darklight0303 said:

Well that and, you know, Inaho was only aiming his gun at the guy in response. I wouldn't say either was thinking rationally in the heat of the moment.

Not to mention Slaine couldn't have known that Inaho and Asselyum were friends, it seems to make more sense to him that both Martians and Terrans alike were using her for their own gains. 10 seconds of Asseylum worrying over Inaho is not going to infuse 10+ episodes of bonding into Slaine's mind on the fly.

Your second point is debunked by Slaine witnessing how the Princess acted before she got shot. If she was a tool and being used she would not be so worried and desperate about Inaho now would she
Sep 21, 2014 7:50 AM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:

Your second point is debunked by Slaine witnessing how the Princess acted before she got shot. If she was a tool and being used she would not be so worried and desperate about Inaho now would she
But that's not what Slaine saw. In the chaos of everything that was going on combined with the person he near worshiped being suddenly robbed from him, he's not going to stop and go "No, I must act 100% logical as if I'm watching this anime myself." That's not to defend his actions, but I don't think people stop and try to understand where a character comes from enough.
Sep 21, 2014 7:51 AM

Apr 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Ratohnhaketon said:

Slaine probably shot Inaho because the Princess was being so kind to him and so worrying of his current state. Slaine, however, remembers that Inaho said that the Terrans were keeping the Princess because she was useful to them, after of which he crashed Slaine right into the ocean. The Princess seems to have a history of being completely unaware that she was being used. Slaine was angry that the Princess could be so kind to someone who was just taking advantage of her. He was also angry at Inaho for bringing her into harm's way.

It was almost definitely jealousy too. Slaine, who had spent the entire series so far looking for the Princess to help and save her, couldn't bear that someone who she had only just met and who had outright admitted to him that he was using her would be the focus of her attention above himself. Also, when he first saw her again this episode he looked so happy it was almost scary, and that can't be good at all.
Sep 21, 2014 7:54 AM

Apr 2008
InTheOtherWorld said:
Darklight0303 said:

Slaine probably shot Inaho because the Princess was being so kind to him and so worrying of his current state. Slaine, however, remembers that Inaho said that the Terrans were keeping the Princess because she was useful to them, after of which he crashed Slaine right into the ocean. The Princess seems to have a history of being completely unaware that she was being used. Slaine was angry that the Princess could be so kind to someone who was just taking advantage of her. He was also angry at Inaho for bringing her into harm's way.

It was almost definitely jealousy too. Slaine, who had spent the entire series so far looking for the Princess to help and save her, couldn't bear that someone who she had only just met and who had outright admitted to him that he was using her would be the focus of her attention above himself. Also, when he first saw her again this episode he looked so happy it was almost scary, and that can't be good at all.

I agree. That look was not that of a sane man given the circumstance
Sep 21, 2014 7:55 AM
Mar 2013
all he did (slaine) was make mistakes after mistakes and in the end he had the chance to to something good totally disapointend in him (i prefer inaho but i don't hate slaine at least not until the end happened) i'm am starting to think people like him because he was a failure and tried to improve but wasn't successful well its my opinion i don't mean no offense
Sep 21, 2014 7:58 AM

Dec 2012
MC of the year. I hope that in the season II he stays an MC, not a villain.
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Sep 21, 2014 8:00 AM

Aug 2010
Except he's not and the little maid is the actual worst character.
Sep 21, 2014 8:02 AM

Apr 2008
YuriLV0 said:

....You're blind. Seriously blind
Sep 21, 2014 8:03 AM

May 2014
YuriLV0 said:

Just that he saved the guy that told to his face that he will definitely kill the princess,and was surprised that the princess got killed :heh
Sep 21, 2014 8:54 AM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
YuriLV0 said:

Nah, I just understand his conflict, and I like his character. I can see why people hate him right now, but I just didn't really care about Inaho and the princess isn't good either.
Sep 21, 2014 8:55 AM

Apr 2008
YuriLV0 said:
Darklight0303 said:

Nah, I just understand his conflict, and I like his character. I can see why people hate him right now, but I just didn't really care about Inaho and the princess isn't good either.

How is saving Sazbaum doing NOTHING wrong?
Sep 21, 2014 9:03 AM

Nov 2012
slaine is like kariya from fate zero?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 21, 2014 9:06 AM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
YuriLV0 said:

That is one of the aspect that I love about Slaine's character. He is divided between two loyalties and he don't know what to do in the middle of the battlefield. I don't think what he did (saving Saazbaum) because of this conflict.
Sep 21, 2014 9:08 AM

Apr 2008
YuriLV0 said:
Darklight0303 said:

That is one of the aspect that I love about Slaine's character. He is divided between two loyalties and he don't know what to do in the middle of the battlefield. I don't think what he did (saving Saazbaum) because of this conflict.

There is no Divide. Sazbaum made it clear. No matter what Slaine does he will kill the Princess. The one that is supposed to be his sole reason for living. Saving him endangered that reason. There is no divide.
Sep 21, 2014 9:21 AM

Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
YuriLV0 said:

There is no Divide. Sazbaum made it clear. No matter what Slaine does he will kill the Princess. The one that is supposed to be his sole reason for living. Saving him endangered that reason. There is no divide.

My guess is that the years of serving the Vers empire impacted on his resolve in the end. The scene with the martian soldier, telling that he's one of them despite being an earthling reminds me of that aspect. But I agree with you, It was an impulsive decision that lead the story to an tragic end. (I still love his character though)
Sep 21, 2014 10:20 AM

Jul 2011
I hate Slaine more than any other antagonist I can recall in recent past, so if that's what they were trying to achieve, then they did a great job.
Sep 21, 2014 10:24 AM

Apr 2013
LMAO people are so mad.

Pretty satisfying seeing Inaho getting shot.
Sep 21, 2014 10:25 AM

Jul 2014
Dunamis said:
LMAO people are so mad.

Pretty satisfying seeing the Princess getting shot.

Fixed.
"Hi!"
Sep 21, 2014 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
Verdale said:
I hate Slaine more than any other antagonist I can recall in recent past, so if that's what they were trying to achieve, then they did a great job.

So you ( and everyone else ) are so mad because you loved Inaho aka robot more or that Slaine's act of desperation was so incredibly inhumane and bad? Wtf people, I really start to doubt most of the community here.
Sep 21, 2014 10:27 AM

Dec 2013
Mikatarukito said:
Dunamis said:
LMAO people are so mad.

Pretty satisfying seeing the Inaho that **** piece of brick getting shot.

Fixed.

FIXED.
Sep 21, 2014 10:29 AM

Feb 2011
Reminder that everything bad happened because Inaho shot down Slaine right after he just helped him
Sep 21, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2008
DaItalianFish said:
Darklight0303 said:

You should probably remember that because Inaho shot Slaine down before, Slaine ended up getting brutally tortured. I think that is enough reason to hate the guy.

You should remember that Slaine shot first and refused to answer Inaho's questions. So he has only himself to blame not that he has any braincells to realize that
Sep 21, 2014 10:39 AM

Jul 2011
robis798 said:
Verdale said:

So you ( and everyone else ) are so mad because you loved Inaho aka robot more or that Slaine's act of desperation was so incredibly inhumane and bad? Wtf people, I really start to doubt most of the community here.

It's actually both. I loved Inaho's character and thought he and Slaine were going to continue their sort of friendly rivalry throughout the rest of the series. I didn't think Slaine would go batshit insane and just kill everyone because he's too fucking retarded to control his emotions, or determine what is more important to him until it's too late.

Also, just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view doesn't make them wrong... Everything being discussed here is subjective.

Darklight0303 said:

You should remember that Slaine shot first and refused to answer Inaho's questions. So he has only himself to blame not that he has any braincells to realize that

Yes, Inaho tried to be the logical one and determine Slaine's actions before he betrayed him, but Slaine was too paranoid/obsessed over the princess to make the right choice and lost himself what could have been a very resourceful ally.
VerdaleSep 21, 2014 10:44 AM
Sep 21, 2014 10:53 AM

Dec 2013
Verdale said:
robis798 said:

It's actually both. I loved Inaho's character and thought he and Slaine were going to continue their sort of friendly rivalry throughout the rest of the series. I didn't think Slaine would go batshit insane and just kill everyone because he's too fucking retarded to control his emotions, or determine what is more important to him until it's too late.

Also, just because someone doesn't agree with your point of view doesn't make them wrong... Everything being discussed here is subjective.

Friendly rivalry? WHAT? He shot Slaine down after he helped him!! What friendly rivalry? Those two were enemies!

And again, I try to respect other people's opinion, I really do, but I can't imagine anyone loving or even liking Inaho even one bit! He is just an expressionless walking doll! I mean we all have our character preferences but this is just too much.
Sep 21, 2014 10:54 AM

Apr 2012
Worst of 2014? I'm wouldn't be so sure, but worst of the series, then yes.

I don't know what people see in him, he is a character who doesn't have the will to decide his own fate, he never acts, Slaine just reacts - and badly at that.

When Trillram announced that he was part of those who tried to kill the princess, Slaine could've knocked him unconscious, or shot him in the leg, something that would have allowed him to interrogate the guy and find out who else was plotting against the princess. With that information he could've known that Cruhteo was loyal to the princess and his eventual death would have at least delayed. Heck, they would have probably found the princess earlier.

But he didn't, because he wasn't thinking at all, he just reacted without thinking of the consequences.

After that comes probably his only true choice of escaping Cruhteo's castle and helping take down Femianne (regardless of whether it was the best course of action or not Slaine at least thought about the consequences before doing it).

That is then overshadowed by his conversation with Inaho. He ignores the fact that Inaho is part of a military organisation at war with martians, there is protocol, there is a lack of trust, the fact that Slaine represents an overall threat since he was aware of the princess' true fate.

But the moment Inaho even hints at his reunion with the princess being impossible, Slaine shoots and is then shot down, being confirmed as an enemy. If he had calmed down things would've proceeded in a more... peaceful way.

But, again, he didn't because he wasn't thinking at all, he just reacted without thinking of the consequences.

Then Slaine finally gains the spotlight when he is left between his two loyalties, what will he choose?

Well, as it turns out, a choice was never made and he was left awkwardly wandering Saazbaum's castle until the circumstances forced him to do what he is best at, reacting. He goes out in his little sky carrier to look for the princess as soon as the fighting starts, uncaring of anything or anyone else.

We skip over to when Slaine, along with the Tharsis, stumbles upon Inaho preparing to finish off Saazbaum. He goes in with his usual "I don't care what happens next" mentality and ends up causing the Princess' potential death.

What does he do? Well, you should get it by now. He tries to kill Saazbaum, gets gauded by Inaho and tries to kill him out of spite and doesn't even bother to check whether the princess is alive or not - no, that is lower on his priority list than blindly shooting Saazbaum and judging whether or not Orange is worthy of the Princess' attention.

Slaine is someone who wouldn't even dare to try and control his own fate, he will just do something when he's forced to and there's no choice to make.

I'll borrow some wisdom from Maoyuu: that's not being human, he's no better than a bug.
AloxamaxSep 21, 2014 10:58 AM
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Dec 2012
he is actually on par with suzaku on the list of the most retarded person in anime history
Apr 2014
Not at all. Slaine saved the anime by purging its worst character.

Apr 2008
robis798 said:
Verdale said:

Friendly rivalry? WHAT? He shot Slaine down after he helped him!! What friendly rivalry? Those two were enemies!

And again, I try to respect other people's opinion, I really do, but I can't imagine anyone loving or even liking Inaho even one bit! He is just an expressionless walking doll! I mean we all have our character preferences but this is just too much.

No you just don't know how to read people and judge them superficially.
Sep 21, 2014 10:56 AM

Apr 2008
Aloxamax said:

I don't know what people see in him, he is a character who doesn't have the will to decide his own fate, he never acts, Slaine just reacts - and badly at that.

When Trillram announced that he was part of those who tried to kill the princess, Slaine could've knocked him unconscious, or shot him in the leg, something that would have allowed him to interrogate the guy and find out who else was plotting against the princess. With that information he could've known that Cruhteo was loyal to the princess and his eventual death would have at least delayed. Heck, they would have probably found the princess earlier.

But he didn't, because he wasn't thinking at all, he just reacted without thinking of the consequences.

After that comes probably his only true choice of escaping Cruhteo's castle and helping take down Femianne (regardless of whether it was the best course of action or not Slaine at least thought about the consequences before doing it).

That is then overshadowed by his conversation with Inaho. He ignores the fact that Inaho is part of a military organisation at war with martians, there is protocol, there is a lack of trust, the fact that Slaine represents an overall threat since he was aware of the princess' true fate.

But the moment Inaho even hints at his reunion with the princess being impossible, Slaine shoots and is then shot down, being confirmed as an enemy. If he had calmed down things would've proceeded in a more... peaceful way.

But, again, he didn't because he wasn't thinking at all, he just reacted without thinking of the consequences.

Then Slaine finally gains the spotlight when he is left between his two loyalties, what will he choose?

Well, as it turns out, a choice was never made and he was left awkwardly wandering Saazbaum's castle until the circumstances forced him to do what he is best at, reacting. He goes out in his little sky carrier to look for the princess as soon as the fighting starts, uncaring of anything or anyone else.

We skip over to when Slaine, along with the Tharsis, stumbles upon Inaho preparing to finish off Saazbaum. He goes in with his usual "I don't care what happens next" mentality and ends up causing the Princess' potential death.

What does he do? Well, you should get it by now. He tries to kill Saazbaum, gets gauded by Inaho and tries to kill him out of spite and doesn't even bother to check whether the princess is alive or not - no, that is lower on his priority list than blindly shooting Saazbaum and judging whether or not Orange is worthy of the Princess' attention.

Slaine is someone who wouldn't even dare to try and control his own fate, he will just do something when he's forced to and there's no choice to make.

That's not being human, he's no better than a bug.

This. 10000000000000000000000000000% All of this
Sep 21, 2014 11:19 AM

Jul 2011
Aloxamax said:

I'll borrow some wisdom from Maoyuu: that's not being human, he's no better than a bug.

These are my thoughts exactly. Slaine is pretty much a rabid stray that needs to be put down.
Sep 21, 2014 11:25 AM

Jul 2014
cleptopatra said:
Not at all. Slaine saved the anime by purging its worst character.

Slaine is the best character in the series despite being a fool.
At least he's some what fleshed out and has quite basic development compared to the others. He's done a good job making the viewers question him, and even despise him if anything. I love despisable characters and not loveable ones, they're so much more interesting.
"Hi!"
Sep 21, 2014 11:29 AM

Jan 2014
Rasen-No-Hikari said:
so much hate for slaine...still better than the robot inaho though

He WAS loved the most in this series if I may say, until ... he pulls out this crap at the end of the season.

Yeah, killing Inaho. Ok maybe he sees Inaho as enemy.

But helping Saazbaum, resulting his precious princess getting shot? Truly crap... How many times Saazbaum told him he will kill Hime already?

And he doesn't mind to check out Hime is alive or not. First priority is shooting Orange. =))))

He's done a good job making the viewers question him, and even despise him if anything.

This is your own feeling, so put "me", instead of "viewers".
Sep 21, 2014 11:32 AM

Dec 2013
DaItalianFish said:
Aloxamax said:
-snip-

This is some of the stupidest shit I've read in a while. Human beings, especially teenagers, are emotional creatures. Expecting people to react logically in situations like that is retarded. Not everyone is a piece of cardboard like Inaho.

Exactly.
Sep 21, 2014 11:33 AM

Jan 2014
DaItalianFish said:
Aloxamax said:
-snip-

This is some of the stupidest shit I've read in a while. Human beings, especially teenagers, are emotional creatures. Expecting people to react logically in situations like that is retarded. Not everyone is a piece of cardboard like Inaho.

Again, comparing a character to other character doesn't make him look good.

I wonder why Slaine fans always have to badmouthing Inaho after expressing their love for Slaine. lol
Sep 21, 2014 11:34 AM

Apr 2008
chickenonthepan said:
DaItalianFish said:

Again, comparing a character to other character doesn't make him look good.

I wonder why Slaine fans always have to badmouthing Inaho after expressing their love for Slaine. lol

Cause that's their only defense. Slaine got no results in the whole series other than make things worse
Sep 21, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2011
robis798 said:

I'd say the same thing about Slaine. I can't understand anyone liking him one bit. He's just an impulsive, selfish idiot who doesn't know what he wants and makes everyone around him suffer as a result.
Sep 21, 2014 11:47 AM

Mar 2013
Verdale said:
robis798 said:

I'd say the same thing about Slaine. I can't understand anyone liking him one bit. He's just an impulsive, selfish idiot who doesn't know what he wants and makes everyone around him suffer as a result.

Wut.

He knows exactly what he wants.

Princess dick.
Sep 21, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2008
fst said:
Verdale said:

Wut.

He knows exactly what he wants.

Princess dick.

....That put some VERY VERY disturbing images in my head >.<
Sep 21, 2014 11:57 AM

Apr 2012
DaItalianFish said:
This had nothing to do with emotions.

Insects don't care for their individual selves beyond what their instincts tell them.

Bees sacrifice themselves when a threat appears by stinging them not because they care for the queen or the hive, they don't even have the brain capacity to care about that, but just because that behavior is engraved into them.

Ants work and die for the queen because that is the only thing they know how to do, they can't care about or want anything else either.

Male Praying mantis let themselves be eaten by females after fertilisation because their instincts tell them that 'reproduction' is on top of the list of priorities, even above 'survival'.

Something shared by practically every human is the ability to want more out of life, the ability to act thinking that it is the right thing to do, the ability to impose their own will over that of other if necessary. Heck, a lot of animals also have something similar, that's why I compared Slaine to a bug specifically.

Slaine doesn't have any of that. He doesn't act because he thinks it's the right thing to do, he doesn't act because he's hoping for a certain outcome.

He doesn't think about the consequences of what he does before doing it and he doesn't bother thinking of reasons to justify doing it, he just does the only things he knows how to do regardless of everything. He is guided by instinct.

Humans can also act like that, but that isn't all there is to them - that's the difference between them(us) and Slaine.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Sep 21, 2014 12:02 PM

Mar 2010
robis798 said:
Verdale said:

You know why i like inaho? because he gets shit done.
You know why i hate slaine? because he fucks shit up.
Sep 21, 2014 12:03 PM

Mar 2012
Aloxamax said:
DaItalianFish said:
This had nothing to do with emotions.

Insects don't care for their individual selves beyond what their instincts tell them.

Bees sacrifice themselves when a threat appears by stinging them not because they care for the queen or the hive, they don't even have the brain capacity to care about that, but just because that behavior is engraved into them.

Ants work and die for the queen because that is the only thing they know how to do, they can't care about or want anything else either.

Male Praying mantis let themselves be eaten by females after fertilisation because their instincts tell them that 'reproduction' is on top of the list of priorities, even above 'survival'.

Something shared by practically every human is the ability to want more out of life, the ability to act thinking that it is the right thing to do, the ability to impose their own will over that of other if necessary. Heck, a lot of animals also have something similar, that's why I compared Slaine to a bug specifically.

Slaine doesn't have any of that. He doesn't act because he thinks it's the right thing to do, he doesn't act because he's hoping for a certain outcome.

He doesn't think about the consequences of what he does before doing it and he doesn't bother thinking of reasons to justify doing it, he just does the only things he knows how to do regardless of everything. He is guided by instinct.

Humans can also act like that, but that isn't all there is to them - that's the difference between them(us) and Slaine.
Your post is harsh and while I don't mind the outcome of what happened or even dislike Slaine as a result, I do not disagree with your comparison much. I think Slaine did more than act on instinct but all of his choices were extremely poor and stupid. Still,you echoed my sentiments that he kept reacting to his emotions and never formulated an actual plan on how to deal with Saazbuam and his quest to kill Asseylum. At least we know next season's Sliane has actually learned from all this whether he becomes a villain or not.
Sep 21, 2014 12:07 PM

Jan 2014
MetaKite said:
at least we know next season's Sliane has actually learned from all this whether he becomes a villain or not.

No we don't know anything. The last thing we saw is that he still acts based on emotions.

And I'm pretty sure that if Inaho is alive, Slaine will jump right into Orange, trying to kill him again.

So good luck with the hope that Slaine will think before acting.
Sep 21, 2014 12:10 PM

Dec 2013
batossai said:
robis798 said:

You know why i like inaho? because he gets shit done.
You know why i hate slaine? because he fucks shit up.

I give up. That's it. Epic conclusion: brick is better than real human. *flies away*
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.