Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 13, 2009 10:50 AM

There is no secret about stay up late, it only takes willpower and enough to do

Nov 13, 2009 12:14 PM

I never sleep before 3:00 a.m. After all I don't really need to wake up early, if I had a class it would start at noon. Well, just find something to do or watch something, keep yourself busy.

Nov 20, 2009 6:19 PM

sleep for a whle in the day

Nov 20, 2009 6:27 PM

*stays*

I actually feel horribly tired, I've slept 14 hours during the whole week. But I'm still here. Why, I don't know.

Maybe I'll just drop on my keyboard and drool on it.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori

Nov 20, 2009 7:30 PM
rebekah said:
This is actually a fo' real question. I have problems staying up till 9:30 because I have to get up at 5:30-6 every morning. How do you all manage to stay up late..becuase I want to, but I hate energy drinks and coffee...I tried cold showers but that makes me even more tired.

I went to bed at 11 and got up at 6 when I was in high school. Yes I slept in class. Yes I got yelled at. No I didn't care.

PROTIP: Do some exercise in the morning. I'm not saying go run a marathon. Just do some push ups, jumping jacks or crunches. Whatever you're able to do.

Also, if you don't like energy drinks/coffee but you don't mind caffeine's effects, just get caffeine pills. They're cheap as shit at Walmart. Two-hundred milligrams a pop. Should last a while for someone not used to caffeine. That much wouldn't do much for me lolz.

Nov 21, 2009 2:52 AM

the worst thing about being used to very little sleep i think is when you do sleep more, even if a little, you always wind up sleeping all day. like i usually get four hours, but because i tried to sleep an hour longer today i got up at like six at night. crazy shit.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Nov 21, 2009 2:56 AM

Body got used sleeping at around 4~6am. So I really don't need to do anything to stay awake til then.

Nov 21, 2009 6:58 AM

by jamming my fingers into my eyes when im sleepy.

keeps me awake alright!

Nov 21, 2009 7:37 AM

Usually, my fear of failing an exam or doing poorly on a paper is enough to keep me up at night. If not, I'll drink some coffee or take some Vivarin. It probably isn't a good idea to take both at once, though.

Nov 21, 2009 8:03 AM
^ Seconding that lol

But what works for me most is music..and I dont mean instrumental music that will relax you to sleep lol Something that gets your adrenalin flowing!

Nov 21, 2009 8:09 AM

Sometimes, the night is just really really peaceful...
and that's convincing enough to stay up

Nov 21, 2009 9:13 AM

I don't stay up that late (beyond 11 PM) as compared to others. Usually when you become an adult, you generally need less sleep. A good 6-8 is plenty.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.

Nov 21, 2009 2:36 PM

im an internet addict

.[We Are The Ocean]. - "Nothing Good Has Happened Yet"

Nov 21, 2009 8:34 PM

Vizard said:
I don't stay up that late (beyond 11 PM) as compared to others. Usually when you become an adult, you generally need less sleep. A good 6-8 is plenty.

Good sleeping habits.

Me I can stay up for 3 days straight...good metabolism y'know.

I think I forgot something...oh nvm here's my deadly laser.

Nov 22, 2009 7:09 AM

rebekah said:
This is actually a fo' real question. I have problems staying up till 9:30 because I have to get up at 5:30-6 every morning. How do you all manage to stay up late..becuase I want to, but I hate energy drinks and coffee...I tried cold showers but that makes me even more tired.

Are you serious... Staying up till 1-2am is kinda a habit =P Mostly it takes it's toll the next morning >.<, Rly, just work to it XD if you start with staying up till 9:30, next day till 10:30 and so on and so on.

Nov 22, 2009 11:45 AM

If I need to stay up late I usually drink coffee but it's not that often.

Nov 22, 2009 11:55 AM

i dont really sleep anyway, only every 2/3 days. but then i can only fall asleep when im about to collapse so sometimes its extremely late at night or afternoons or whatever. Ive been to a doctor about it, use sleeping pills but they dont really help much for me

Nov 22, 2009 9:51 PM

I try not to but it ends up happening. It's 6pm, I start watching anime/go on the net and suddenly it's 2 am and I have an 8am class. On average I get only 5 and a half hours of sleep. Thanks anime! But seriously, shouldn't a college student like myself be studying instead of watching so much?

Nov 24, 2009 12:39 PM

if you change your sleep hours it will happen.
for me it started when I gradually got used to sleep during the day [10 am-08 pm] and stay up all night .
Now more than 5 years have passed and I have insomnia.
well,it's not really healthy to become like that =/

Nov 24, 2009 12:44 PM

Your body doesn't get used to sleep deprivation, it's all in your mind. You're still as stupid and incompetent as your average schmo who suddenly pulls an all-nighter.
This is a serious post. You're not allowed to delete it.

Nov 24, 2009 7:01 PM

I don't really know. I'm young, so that may be part of it. I've lived on no sleep for 2 weeks one time! Plus, I love coffee! ^.^
Friends will bail you out of jail. Best friends will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn, that was fun!"

Nov 25, 2009 1:39 AM

It used internet and before that it used to watching DBZ reruns on VHS, but these days, nah it just can't be done my eyes fail me...

Nov 25, 2009 3:54 AM

I don't go to bed really late, so my body's used to going to sleep around 2-3AM. If I have to stay up later, then it's probably because of homework... Otherwise, I would watch an entire anime :P

" ... carpenters fashion wood; wise people fashion themselves" - Buddhism

Nov 25, 2009 3:56 AM

The terror of the consequences of not finishing that essay is a good one. And coffee. And chocolate. Lots of coffee and chocolate.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

Nov 25, 2009 9:22 PM

lots of diet coke and internet connection. works every time. music helps.
~~~~~~~~~~

"Someday, my memories of her will fade. Her voice, her actions – I might forget them as well. But even then, I will always remember that I loved her." - Emiya Shirou

[/url]

Nov 25, 2009 10:28 PM

evilanimeangel13 said:
I don't really know. I'm young, so that may be part of it. I've lived on no sleep for 2 weeks one time! Plus, I love coffee! ^.^

I might have the numbers a bit wrong, but I believe the average human would literally die after not sleeping for three or four weeks. And even then, it would shut itself down (pass out, fall over, etc.) long before it got close to that point of deprivation. That, and even a mere three or four days in with no sleep whatsoever, and you'd seriously be tripping some hard ass balls.
So either you took at least some naps, or you really wanted to play with fate. Either way, I wouldn't recommend it, and I like things pretty unsafe for the most part. If it is true though, how strong were the hallucinations after such a long period of sleeplessness? I'm quite curious, never having made it past three or four days.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Nov 26, 2009 12:51 AM

I'm beggining to become Nocturnal, I feel like I have shit to do (which I don't) so I just don't feel like sleeping, and when I do it's at like 3 in the morning and I sleep till 10:30.
Give me 2 more weeks and I'll be up all night, and sleeping all day. Fo Rizzle.

Oh yeah I forgot to answer the question.
Just smoke a point of speed. Or snort some coke, you'll be hanging out for more coke that you won't want to sleep.
Lol or the serious answer would be to just drink 3 coffee's
Modified by pipedreams, Nov 26, 2009 12:54 AM

Nov 26, 2009 12:54 AM

Frequent cup of tea + cigarette breaks usually help me stay up longer than 30+ hours.

Nov 26, 2009 12:59 AM

FAGBUTT said:
I might have the numbers a bit wrong, but I believe the average human would literally die after not sleeping for three or four weeks. That, and even a mere three or four days in with no sleep whatsoever, and you'd seriously be tripping some hard ass balls.

You're wrong about dying, I saw a doc on this dude that hadn't slept for like 8 years, no shit. He was pretty sick though lol.
But you're right about tripping balls, you get psychosis after a few days of not sleeping, coz it tricks your brain into thinking your dreaming then you confuse reality with your dreams and Oflh&$adlj87":^)#$f0affhadkfjhadf mind-chaos.

Nov 26, 2009 1:14 AM

pipedreams said:
FAGBUTT said:
I might have the numbers a bit wrong, but I believe the average human would literally die after not sleeping for three or four weeks. That, and even a mere three or four days in with no sleep whatsoever, and you'd seriously be tripping some hard ass balls.

You're wrong about dying, I saw a doc on this dude that hadn't slept for like 8 years, no shit. He was pretty sick though lol.
But you're right about tripping balls, you get psychosis after a few days of not sleeping, coz it tricks your brain into thinking your dreaming then you confuse reality with your dreams and Oflh&$adlj87":^)#$f0affhadkfjhadf mind-chaos.

I know you trip off your ass because I started to, and while nowhere stuff like acid or shroom quality in terms of visuals and euphoria, you can easily tell somethings up. Everything gets "vibratey" and (from my experience) you see subtle things that don't quite add up. Like a cat or two. I'm curious how intense the visuals could conceivably get though. Where did you see that (if you remember?) so I could look it up. I wanna know what that guy was seeing and feeling, besides ill. The toll that would take on you must be pretty steep. Eight freaking years, man, I thought a few days was ass.

Nov 26, 2009 1:14 AM

He's not wrong, that person must have been at least microsleeping.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]