Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Akame ga Kill! Chapter 53 Discussion


Sep 21, 2014 9:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
can esdeath die already?
bad character
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Sep 21, 2014 9:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 99
Darklight0303 said:


NExt up on the chopping block should be Mine. MAYBE she can die when Nightraid come in to stop Tatsumi's execution


Yeah, I don't like her either, I was actually hoping she'd be the first to go when she was having her rematch with justice but boc(who was the most bearable NR member imo) got killed off instead, ifthe boss ends up simply recruiting more people again just to get butchered it'll feel like a copout.

As for the execution, tatsumi's imperial arm isnt incursio, its literal plot armor so someone will save him again..
Modified by Kaoknight, Sep 21, 2014 9:36 AM
 
Sep 21, 2014 9:28 AM
555|Kabuto|Ryuki

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 6662
Surprised Esdese has the resolve to kill Tatsumi...or does she really?

 
Sep 21, 2014 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 3347
ninjastarforcex said:
can esdeath die already?
bad character

Indeed, I thought she's just a temporary character just like that Executor guy from the first chapters but the whole manga turned out to be around Esdeath being the main antagonist and will finish with her or Night Raid's death ..
 
Sep 21, 2014 9:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 10130
i rly rly loved lubbock -.,.- and now he is death, since he killed the 2 demons he was my fav!!

i hope tatsumi wont die -.,.-
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
 
Sep 21, 2014 9:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 99
ninjastarforcex said:
can esdeath die already?
bad character


Yeah, she has WAY too many fanboys...

I mean, let's forgive how cartoonishly evil this woman is because she's a hot dominatrix who can go into moe mode...

She should've died a few arcs ago if you ask me.
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Kaoknight said:
ninjastarforcex said:
can esdeath die already?
bad character


Yeah, she has WAY too many fanboys...

I mean, let's forgive how cartoonishly evil this woman is because she's a hot dominatrix who can go into moe mode...

She should've died a few arcs ago if you ask me.


She can die after Mine dies.
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
Kaoknight said:
ninjastarforcex said:
can esdeath die already?
bad character


Yeah, she has WAY too many fanboys...

I mean, let's forgive how cartoonishly evil this woman is because she's a hot dominatrix who can go into moe mode...

She should've died a few arcs ago if you ask me.

seriously other than big boobs she has nothing.
her power is boring and not interesting too, its just too nonsense OP because author wants her to be OP. ... ZA WARUDO!!!!! ah, pls, not that again.

i hope next arc is the end of icebitch... well nope, probably the end of next arc would be esdeath killing leone/najenda/mein...
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 720
bastek66 said:
Fuck this shit.


Looks like someone is a little mad today.

Man, what a depressing chapter. Lubbock was so awesome, he held out for a while.

This chapter was great, but was depressing as fuck. At this point, I don't know how the hell Night Raid is going to make it out of this. Esdeath is too damn strong and everyone that's left is too weak to beat her.

Akame's trump card is the only hope at this point.

Honestly, I could see a tragic ending happening here with Tatsumi dying and then the rest of Night Raid have to go into hiding and rebuild.
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:13 AM

Online
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10356
Kaoknight said:
ninjastarforcex said:
can esdeath die already?
bad character


Yeah, she has WAY too many fanboys...

I mean, let's forgive how cartoonishly evil this woman is because she's a hot dominatrix who can go into moe mode...

She should've died a few arcs ago if you ask me.


If she dies this series will go to shit. Esdeath is the one that made me bump up this series score, before she was introduced I didn't see anything interesting in this series, the anyone can die thing is cool and all, but the series still wasn't interesting imo.

Esdeath brought drama, badassery, Antagonist protagonist relation, I love those type of romance and other things. She dies, and the series will go to shit for me personally I don't see this series being that interesting without her to be honest.

If Esdeath dies we are only going to see another over exaggerated villain, do you want more of that boring shit? The story is the weakest part for this series, I read it for the drama between Esdeath and Tatsumi and just for the fights.

If Esdeath is going to die, she better dies when the series will be soon to be ending.
Modified by keragamming, Sep 21, 2014 10:20 AM
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 271
Daimit, RIP Lubbock.
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
keragamming said:
Kaoknight said:


Yeah, she has WAY too many fanboys...

I mean, let's forgive how cartoonishly evil this woman is because she's a hot dominatrix who can go into moe mode...

She should've died a few arcs ago if you ask me.


If she dies this series will go to shit. Esdeath is the one that made me bump up this series score, before she was introduced I didn't see anything interesting in this series, the anyone can die thing is cool and all, but the series still wasn't interesting imo.

Esdeath brought drama, badassery, and other things. She dies, and the series will go to shit for me personally I don't see this series being that interesting without her to be honest.

If Esdeath dies we are only going to see another over exaggerated villain, do you want more of that boring shit? The story is the weakest part for this series, I read it for the drama between Esdeath and Tatsumi and just for the fights.

If Esdeath is going to die, she better dies when the series will be soon to be ending.

i find shura, the newest villain (erm.. mid boss) way more interesting than icebitch
i just hate him so much, thats why he is well written, his character made to be hated. good villain.
esdeath? just virgin masochist pandering... nothing else
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 720
ninjastarforcex said:
Kaoknight said:


Yeah, she has WAY too many fanboys...

I mean, let's forgive how cartoonishly evil this woman is because she's a hot dominatrix who can go into moe mode...

She should've died a few arcs ago if you ask me.

seriously other than big boobs she has nothing.
her power is boring and not interesting too, its just too nonsense OP because author wants her to be OP. ... ZA WARUDO!!!!! ah, pls, not that again.

i hope next arc is the end of icebitch... well nope, probably the end of next arc would be esdeath killing leone/najenda/mein...


Nope.

Esdeath is awesome. Cartoonish villain? Give me a damn break, Esdeath is a great villain and it's nice seeing the enemy being unbelievably strong for once. The MCs actually have a huge threat and it makes the whole situation way more intense.

I do want her to die eventually, but not because I don't like her, but because I just want Night Raid to succeed. I'll still be sad when she dies though.
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
ninjastarforcex said:
keragamming said:


If she dies this series will go to shit. Esdeath is the one that made me bump up this series score, before she was introduced I didn't see anything interesting in this series, the anyone can die thing is cool and all, but the series still wasn't interesting imo.

Esdeath brought drama, badassery, and other things. She dies, and the series will go to shit for me personally I don't see this series being that interesting without her to be honest.

If Esdeath dies we are only going to see another over exaggerated villain, do you want more of that boring shit? The story is the weakest part for this series, I read it for the drama between Esdeath and Tatsumi and just for the fights.

If Esdeath is going to die, she better dies when the series will be soon to be ending.

i find shura, the newest villain (erm.. mid boss) way more interesting than icebitch
i just hate him so much, thats why he is well written, his character made to be hated. good villain.
esdeath? just virgin masochist pandering... nothing else


Uh buddy? Syura is already dead.
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 271
LoomyTheBrew said:
ninjastarforcex said:

seriously other than big boobs she has nothing.
her power is boring and not interesting too, its just too nonsense OP because author wants her to be OP. ... ZA WARUDO!!!!! ah, pls, not that again.

i hope next arc is the end of icebitch... well nope, probably the end of next arc would be esdeath killing leone/najenda/mein...


Nope.

Esdeath is awesome. Cartoonish villain? Give me a damn break, Esdeath is a great villain and it's nice seeing the enemy being unbelievably strong for once. The MCs actually have a huge threat and it makes the whole situation way more intense.

I do want her to die eventually, but not because I don't like her, but because I just want Night Raid to succeed. I'll still be sad when she dies though.
Esdeath is the best villain for this manga. She personifies the evil in this manga and she is great for it. She is a fantastic character.
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:29 AM

Online
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10356
ninjastarforcex said:
keragamming said:


If she dies this series will go to shit. Esdeath is the one that made me bump up this series score, before she was introduced I didn't see anything interesting in this series, the anyone can die thing is cool and all, but the series still wasn't interesting imo.

Esdeath brought drama, badassery, and other things. She dies, and the series will go to shit for me personally I don't see this series being that interesting without her to be honest.

If Esdeath dies we are only going to see another over exaggerated villain, do you want more of that boring shit? The story is the weakest part for this series, I read it for the drama between Esdeath and Tatsumi and just for the fights.

If Esdeath is going to die, she better dies when the series will be soon to be ending.

i find shura, the newest villain (erm.. mid boss) way more interesting than icebitch
i just hate him so much, thats why he is well written, his character made to be hated. good villain.
esdeath? just virgin masochist pandering... nothing else


Well to be honest, this series has nothing else going for it, take out the everyone can die theme in it and it will be another typical shounen series, I guess since the story didn't interest me, I look for something that did, and the Esdeath x Tatsumi relationship is pretty interesting. Basically I like protagonist x antagonist type relationship, plus Esdeath has a nice side to her, which gave her more dynamics imo.

She dies and my interest for this series will be completely diminished, I hope if the mangaka is planning on killing her, please do it when the manga is going to end, but at the rate this is going, the manga will probably end by chapter 70.
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
Darklight0303 said:
ninjastarforcex said:

i find shura, the newest villain (erm.. mid boss) way more interesting than icebitch
i just hate him so much, thats why he is well written, his character made to be hated. good villain.
esdeath? just virgin masochist pandering... nothing else


Uh buddy? Syura is already dead.

so?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 99
- esdese is a blend of multiple fetishes personified, she's an insane mary-sue(seriously, stopping time at will wthout any reprecussions?) but I guess without her there'd only be a lame villain of the week like the executioner.

*esdeath is still apparently the best villain in the story because she doesn't have much competition when every other antagonist are just psychopaths (besides wave and run), but esudesu inexplicably loves the MC just because..

*tbh, I don't know where the story woud go if she died though since the only real threat outside of her is the short-shorts guard of the castle whose only personality trait is protecting that dumb king.

- and shura was insanely one-note, besides being a daddy's boy they showed his group gratuitously rape and pillage for 4+ chapters just to make him more unlikable..
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:58 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 887
I don't like any of the characters personally, but compared to the rest of NR, Rabac was alright. I felt close to nothing when he died. His death was nothing extraordinary. Given the circumstances he was facing though, I guess it can be excused. I'm glad that he managed to keep shut and kill the PoS that was Syura. Even the PM admitted he was a failure, but then again he only cares about himself.

On a side note, quite the cliffhanger we have going on for the next chapter.
 
Sep 21, 2014 11:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 99
keragamming said:


Well to be honest, this series has nothing else going for it, take out the everyone can die theme in it and it will be another typical shounen series, I guess since the story didn't interest me, I look for something that did, and the Esdeath x Tatsumi relationship is pretty interesting. Basically I like protagonist x antagonist type relationship, plus Esdeath has a nice side to her, which gave her more dynamics imo.

She dies and my interest for this series will be completely diminished, I hope if the mangaka is planning on killing her, please do it when the manga is going to end, but at the rate this is going, the manga will probably end by chapter 70.


This series interested me because it's like a generic battle shounen but without most of the annoying tropes that you'd see in something like fairy tail/naruto(ie, developed characters actually dying for good , no asspull victories etc) but after a while it's lost its charm for me, I can't even tell what the characters are really fighting for anymore, it looks like two opposing groups aimlesly fighting each other while taking turns to die.

Esudesu was...interesting for a while but now she just feels like a souless aizen of this story.
 
Sep 21, 2014 11:17 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 669
I just read chapter 53 and my heart just sank. No happy ending for Najenda then. That prime minister only crying for like a few seconds before calling his dead son a failure and that he has to choose a better mother to bear his new son. I wonder if he killed his daughters and the mothers of all his children.
 
Sep 21, 2014 11:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
JCDRANZER said:
I just read chapter 53 and my heart just sank. No happy ending for Najenda then. That prime minister only crying for like a few seconds before calling his dead son a failure and that he has to choose a better mother to bear his new son. I wonder if he killed his daughters and the mothers of all his children.


Najenda is already dying from overusing Susanoo
 
Sep 21, 2014 11:51 AM
Acid flashback

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8576
Rabac's death is sad, but he also died bravely, keeping his friends safe. Much respect to the man!

I don't understand why so many people are flipping out?
Anyone whose been reading this for the past years (I suppose if you just came over to reading it because of the anime you might feel differently) knows that other than Tatsumi and Akame, no one, and I mean no one in this manga is likely to survive. Najenda, Mein...even Leone, they all have a target on them and its a matter of time.

I wonder how Tatsumi will get out of his execution. Maybe the cavalry comes to rescue him? i wonder how Esdese will reach when she sees Mein?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Sep 21, 2014 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 110
FUUUUUUUUUUUUU- !

Why.The.Fck. -_-
Night Raid members die horribly it's so depressing... sigh

Tatsumi is now the only guy in NR.
At least there's still Wave
 
Sep 21, 2014 1:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 185
Wow, this is all I have to say to Lubbock after that: http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/162/images/24-1-1348065124.jpg

What a piece of shit, this manga is. And now Esdeath will get more cheers since she's a moe dominatrix who's the bastard child of Dio Brando and Petshop.

Why do people like this again?
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 533
ConquestGod said:
Man Tatsumi needs to just end up with Esdeath. He could help night raid from the inside acting as a spy.


Uhh wut?

On topic I loved how Tatsumi didn't cave to Esdeath.. Giving the middle finger for those that like the Esdeath x Tatsumi pairing for some reason and yes Esdeath's character has grown stale.. There is no relationship between them it's just Esdeath getting wet over the guy to dominate because that's her personality

Jaegers>Esdeath

Modified by TheGrandSage23, Sep 21, 2014 2:07 PM
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
VentusCross said:
Wow, this is all I have to say to Lubbock after that: http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/162/images/24-1-1348065124.jpg

What a piece of shit, this manga is. And now Esdeath will get more cheers since she's a moe dominatrix who's the bastard child of Dio Brando and Petshop.

Why do people like this again?

you have 20 estus flask noob
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 185
ninjastarforcex said:
VentusCross said:
Wow, this is all I have to say to Lubbock after that: http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/162/images/24-1-1348065124.jpg

What a piece of shit, this manga is. And now Esdeath will get more cheers since she's a moe dominatrix who's the bastard child of Dio Brando and Petshop.

Why do people like this again?

you have 20 estus flask noob


Not only that, but I have a Lighting Uchi +5 in my inventory and Havel's Armor equipped.

I refuse to git gud.
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:14 PM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
Well, shit.
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 280
This is one of the rares mangas where the author don't give a crap about the fanbase of the character, he just kills them.

People complaining about Lubbocks death, did you guys seriously thought he was getting out alive there?ffs even if the entire NR went straight there Budou would probably had killed everyone and then we have Esdeath.

There was ESDEATH AND BUDOU there, there's no way he was getting out there and I kinda fear how Tatsumi will get out alive, looks like new characters are about to appear from NR, because even Akame doesn't stand a chance against Esdeath let alone Budou.

With Syura death looks like we are about to enter a new arc with Budou being the main antagonist, Esdeath will probably die or something is going to happen and she will be away for a long time, maybe Budou stabing her in the back, Budou said a long time ago that he has his own plans for the Empire if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know why everyone is pissed about Lubbocks death, he killed Syura who was easily the main antagonist in this arc, what else did you wanted him to do?
Staying alive was not an option after stepping inside the palace.
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:27 PM

Online
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10356
-ZET- said:
This is one of the rares mangas where the author don't give a crap about the fanbase of the character, he just kills them.

People complaining about Lubbocks death, did you guys seriously thought he was getting out alive there?ffs even if the entire NR went straight there Budou would probably had killed everyone and then we have Esdeath.

There was ESDEATH AND BUDOU there, there's no way he was getting out there and I kinda fear how Tatsumi will get out alive, looks like new characters are about to appear from NR, because even Akame doesn't stand a chance against Esdeath let alone Budou.

With Syura death looks like we are about to enter a new arc with Budou being the main antagonist, Esdeath will probably die or something is going to happen and she will be away for a long time, maybe Budou stabing her in the back, Budou said a long time ago that he has his own plans for the Empire if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know why everyone is pissed about Lubbocks death, he killed Syura who was easily the main antagonist in this arc, what else did you wanted him to do?
Staying alive was not an option after stepping inside the palace.


To be honest the fanbase isn't that big enough to give a shit about what they say. But the mangaka has balls I'll give him that.
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 185
-ZET- said:
I don't know why everyone is pissed about Lubbocks death, he killed Syura who was easily the main antagonist in this arc, what else did you wanted him to do?


I'll tell you why people are pissed off. He died like a bitch.

This character, who could have done with ALOT more development, who planned to escape, got cut down because he got cocky. Plain and simple, he died like a shitlord.

It's a testament to Takahiro's bad writing. People praise this work because people die left and right, but what's to show for that? The one's who die are either cartoonishly evil or "heroes" with so little development that it looks like they were written in just to die.

That's this manga's problem, it's so up itself that it kills people relentlessly without any thought of the repercussions, because people lap that shit up. The only one's I can see getting out alive are Tatsumi, Esdeath and Akame. Akame since she's the titular character, Tatsumi because he's the main, and Esdeath because she's a mary sue.

If this were some kind of satire on assassination (like No More Heroes), then this manga would be alot better, but unfortunately we have to deal with Takahiro's pleb tier writing
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 280
keragamming said:
-ZET- said:
This is one of the rares mangas where the author don't give a crap about the fanbase of the character, he just kills them.

People complaining about Lubbocks death, did you guys seriously thought he was getting out alive there?ffs even if the entire NR went straight there Budou would probably had killed everyone and then we have Esdeath.

There was ESDEATH AND BUDOU there, there's no way he was getting out there and I kinda fear how Tatsumi will get out alive, looks like new characters are about to appear from NR, because even Akame doesn't stand a chance against Esdeath let alone Budou.

With Syura death looks like we are about to enter a new arc with Budou being the main antagonist, Esdeath will probably die or something is going to happen and she will be away for a long time, maybe Budou stabing her in the back, Budou said a long time ago that he has his own plans for the Empire if I'm not mistaken.

I don't know why everyone is pissed about Lubbocks death, he killed Syura who was easily the main antagonist in this arc, what else did you wanted him to do?
Staying alive was not an option after stepping inside the palace.


To be honest the fanbase isn't that big enough to give a shit about what they say. But the mangaka has balls I'll give him that.

True, most of the fans belongs to Esdeath anyway, lol.
Well I'm just happy that this is not like any other dumb shounem manga where good guys won't die because of rescue out of nowhere, the only time it happened was after Mein killed Seryuu and from what we can see, all that did was prolong her life a little longer because of the death flag that was stepped on her head a few chapters ago.
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:45 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 3958
I'm pissed off at Lubbocks death not cuz he went out in a not so honorable way,but cuz it felt out of character,I mean throughout the series he's probably been the most Savvy among the night raids,and now he went and he got cocky and kicked the bucket
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 280
VentusCross said:
-ZET- said:
I don't know why everyone is pissed about Lubbocks death, he killed Syura who was easily the main antagonist in this arc, what else did you wanted him to do?


It's a testament to Takahiro's bad writing. People praise this work because people die left and right, but what's to show for that? The one's who die are either cartoonishly evil or "heroes" with so little development that it looks like they were written in just to die.

I can actually agree with you on that, characters in AgK has way too little development, maybe we need characters that actually has a meaning on it, or could it be that we are expecting a little too much from a manga and a mangaka that only wants to show "assassins" and nothing else, kill or be killed this is literally it.
2things that I fear from now on:
1. Will Tatsumi simply get out alive by being rescued by new NR members with no casualities at all?
2. Will Budou be a decent antagonist(he has potencial for it since he doesn't seems to be someone who just want to power/corruption like the Prime Minister)?
vongola-undecimo said:
I'm pissed off at Lubbocks death not cuz he went out in a not so honorable way,but cuz it felt out of character,I mean throughout the series he's probably been the most Savvy among the night raids,and now he went and he got cocky and kicked the bucket

To be honest it's similar to Chelseas death, they both died because they got cocky.
Chelsea knew that Kurome was doped but still choose to try killing her alone.
Lubbock didn't even knew Izuo and yet he choose to use a Teigu as a shield thinking that the enemy would give a shit about it.
Even Scheles death was stupid, she could have killed Seryuu way before Coro went berserker mode, but she choose to cut Seryuu arms again instead of cutting her head off.
Maybe the mangaka just want to show that not everything goes how the good guys think it will, just like we often get villains who are killed by being cocky(Heck even Syuras death was pathetic, I actually didn't believe that he was dead until this chapter because of how sudden it was).
Modified by -ZET-, Sep 21, 2014 3:04 PM
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:51 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 298
thats why i hate anime foruns discussion.

Full of retarded haters, fanatics etc. If something doesnt go like they want they flip out and star saying "i hate this manga" "noob mangakaa" etc.

If in anime/manga anyone important doesnt die (fairy tail,naruto etc) everyone says "stupid manga no one dies" viceversa....

This manga is great, esdeath will die (and if the esdeath fanboys stop reading because she died i will be happy), maybe Budou may turn good...he said he wil do something ... who knows xD

I undeerstand why some people get mad wth some chapers, its ok... but going full hater and retarded is so idiotic. grow up and respect the author
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
 
Sep 21, 2014 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 298
From the begining we knew this manga would abou killing each other.

They are assassins! Assassins can die anytime anywhere! And we dont need character development if he will die... the pain wuld be to much..

Yes, Lubb was my 1 characteer
Yes, we may fall but there is something that we can do.... LIVE
 
Sep 21, 2014 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 280
Maybe you guys just need to get over it.
kakoa1234 said:

They are assassins! Assassins can die anytime anywhere! And we dont need character development

This is literally what the author has being doing since the beginning, the good guys will die just like the bad guys, either by a reasonable death like Suu(in my opinion) or by a retarded one like this.
 
Sep 21, 2014 4:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 210
VentusCross said:
-ZET- said:
I don't know why everyone is pissed about Lubbocks death, he killed Syura who was easily the main antagonist in this arc, what else did you wanted him to do?


I'll tell you why people are pissed off. He died like a bitch.

This character, who could have done with ALOT more development, who planned to escape, got cut down because he got cocky. Plain and simple, he died like a shitlord.

It's a testament to Takahiro's bad writing. People praise this work because people die left and right, but what's to show for that? The one's who die are either cartoonishly evil or "heroes" with so little development that it looks like they were written in just to die.

That's this manga's problem, it's so up itself that it kills people relentlessly without any thought of the repercussions, because people lap that shit up. The only one's I can see getting out alive are Tatsumi, Esdeath and Akame. Akame since she's the titular character, Tatsumi because he's the main, and Esdeath because she's a mary sue.

If this were some kind of satire on assassination (like No More Heroes), then this manga would be alot better, but unfortunately we have to deal with Takahiro's pleb tier writing


While what you say might be true to some extent, I personally believe that Takahiro actually did a sufficient job since over-development of characters before killing them off will result in a "shaggy-dog", in which everything will feel more pointless. People like this manga due to it basically being a slightly better take on a genre which is normally far too scared to kill off it characters and also because of its unpredictable nature ( subjective).

But nevertheless with a smaller character cast, Tatsumi's development can be propelled even further. The story is not perfect, but it definitely feels better and more genuine than 90% of battle shonens which just drag the story like nobody's business
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
 
Sep 21, 2014 4:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 117
Now there are basically no characters left that are decent.
 
Sep 21, 2014 4:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2675
Damn I will miss his character! Good chapter.. I am truly wondering how Tatsumi will manage to get out of there O.o
 
Sep 21, 2014 5:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 133
PierceJ said:
Now there are basically no characters left that are decent.

Tatsumi, Wave, Akame, Leone, and Najenda
 
Sep 21, 2014 5:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 133
VentusCross said:
-ZET- said:
I don't know why everyone is pissed about Lubbocks death, he killed Syura who was easily the main antagonist in this arc, what else did you wanted him to do?


I'll tell you why people are pissed off. He died like a bitch.

This character, who could have done with ALOT more development, who planned to escape, got cut down because he got cocky. Plain and simple, he died like a shitlord.

It's a testament to Takahiro's bad writing. People praise this work because people die left and right, but what's to show for that? The one's who die are either cartoonishly evil or "heroes" with so little development that it looks like they were written in just to die.

That's this manga's problem, it's so up itself that it kills people relentlessly without any thought of the repercussions, because people lap that shit up. The only one's I can see getting out alive are Tatsumi, Esdeath and Akame. Akame since she's the titular character, Tatsumi because he's the main, and Esdeath because she's a mary sue.

If this were some kind of satire on assassination (like No More Heroes), then this manga would be alot better, but unfortunately we have to deal with Takahiro's pleb tier writing

What the hell are you on about? Lubbock was a guy who, before, either faked his own death, ran away, or had someone like Akame bail him out in fights. We have seen him over these 52 chapters grow from being the perverted, gag character who nobody really cared for to being someone who is tactical and never backs down (seeing how he never broke even after having a ball crushed). He has been given plenty of development to the extent that people who originally didn't care for him early on were devastated when he was killed.

He didn't die because he was cocky. It was either die or die fighting. This was a time he couldn't fake his death or run away and he went for it. He didn't know that Izou would just cut through Shambala. It was a reasonable split-second assumption. He wasn't going to get out there alive in any case. Izou even recognized his determination and respected him. I'd say his death, although depressing, showed how he had grown.

You say Takahiro's writing is bad without backing it up. I disagree. Its not the most complex but it does the job. You act like the characters are dying left and right. There hasn't even been an original Night Raid member death since Bulat. No character death was pointless (maybe a few of the villians we shouldn't care about). It was either to save someone or it was a mistake that showed a a weakness of theirs. Every character (good character that is) had development. So I don't know where you pull this whole "the writing is bad' bs.
 
Sep 21, 2014 5:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 5078
well fuck this would of at least liked to see him go out like a boss but nope

whose left on our to kill list
i'm done if Wave somehow dies before Mine
 
Sep 21, 2014 7:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 649
you can kill off susanoo, you can kill off sheele, you can kill off chelsea, you can kill anyone you want; i don't fucking care. BUT SHITTTTT!!!!!!!!! THIS FUCKING TIME, YOU TOOK IT WAYYYYY TOO FARRR. first......first, you had to completely humiliate him. then, you had to make him fucking badass ass hell. then, you fucking sliced him in half. my man lubbock deserves some more respect. I feel like theres a hole in my heart, and it can only be filled mines disgusting head. at least make up for your mistakes, and kill off mine. Tastumi and akame FTW. you hear me, takahiro?
 
Sep 21, 2014 7:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 4697
The second luckiest member in Night Raid already gone...
RIP Lubbock T^T

Tatsumi or other Night Raid member need to avenge him :'(

 
Sep 21, 2014 7:34 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1
A saddening death, he was a cool character. Lubbock wasn't a cocky fighter, he was overly cautious, always thinking 5 steps ahead. He wasn't stupid enough to try to use that teigu to defend himself, he was a master tactition. The author wrote him getting cocky like that for the sole purpose of killing him. The author needs to learn how to write a good death.

I liked lubbock, and after reading this chapter, I thought of him standing next to schele, Chelsea, Bulat, and susanoo. In the background, a song is playing-

Do you hear the people sing,
Lost in the valley if the night,
It is the music of the people who are climbing to the light,
For the wretched of the earth,
There is a flame that never dies,
Even the darkest night will end,
And the sun will rise!
Modified by FusionSamurai, Sep 21, 2014 7:37 PM
 
Sep 21, 2014 8:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 6290
Where'd you read this just wondering?
 
Sep 21, 2014 9:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3237
Yeah not surprising, didn't think Rabbac was going to get out of that one. At least he went out with a bang, he killed that douche bag.

If this is going to be a public execution and Esdese will carry it out then it's pretty obvious Night Raid will try to stop it somehow. Though it would be pretty interesting if Tatsumi was killed off.


Edit: LOL @ Rabbac fans, calm your tits. It was obvious he was going to bite the bullet eventually. It's a pity he died like that but hey Chelsea was killed off in a similar manner. Hopefully Mein dies next, but chances are it will be Leone or Najenda.
Modified by FullmetalRaikou, Sep 21, 2014 9:59 PM
 
Sep 21, 2014 10:18 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 70
ninjastarforcex said:
VentusCross said:
Wow, this is all I have to say to Lubbock after that: http://static-1.nexusmods.com/15/mods/162/images/24-1-1348065124.jpg

What a piece of shit, this manga is. And now Esdeath will get more cheers since she's a moe dominatrix who's the bastard child of Dio Brando and Petshop.

Why do people like this again?

you have 20 estus flask noob


Stop acting like such a little baby, Esdeath is not gonna die anytime soon. xD
 
Top
Pages (8) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »