Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Akame ga Kill! Chapter 53 Discussion

Sep 25, 2014 9:06 AM

mac9955 said:
Couldn't Akame's sister(forgot her name lmao) theoritically use her imperial arm(forgot that name too lmao), and make Tatsumi join Esdeath? I mean, he would just be a puppet, but that would be cool as hell I think.

I thought this as well as soon as he told Esdeath he had a girlfriend (could you do anything more stupid?). I don't think it will happen, but it would be a dark twist.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams

Sep 26, 2014 2:00 PM

LUBBOCK IS DEAD;_; JUST WHYYYY
and Tatsumi shouldnt be with Esdeath, he made the right choice!!

Sep 26, 2014 2:06 PM

Epsilon99 said:
LUBBOCK IS DEAD;_; JUST WHYYYY
and Tatsumi shouldnt be with Esdeath, he made the right choice!!

He shouldn't be with Mine either

Sep 26, 2014 4:40 PM

Aww fuk...Shura really died, he was my favourite new character I really liked that guy.

Don't really care about Lubbok though

Sep 27, 2014 4:09 AM

So Lubbock is finally dead huh? Hopefully Tatsumi follows.

Sep 27, 2014 8:19 AM

tatsumi x esdeath !!!

Sep 27, 2014 4:30 PM
Why do the good characters keep dying? ._. It's literally Tatsumi and a harem of weak useless bimbos of night raid left. Not sure what direction the story is heading to at this point .-.

Sep 27, 2014 4:32 PM

Moonchipz said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Now he's literally half the man he used to be.
LMAO That's so mean!
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Sep 28, 2014 5:02 AM

Know what fucking pisses me off? Mein is still alive and doing well but Lubbock dies? I mean what the actual fuck, how much death flags has Mein dodged?

It's like Mahouka's Onii-sama count, this is just death flag dodging.

Lubbock had such a pathetic death despite being the second best character. I wish Esdese legit 10/10 kills him (Tatsumi).

If they didn't make Tatsumi fall in love with Mein, Sheele would most likely be alive and Mein would be the first to die. Fucking disappointment. I wonder how the series will go on from here.
Modified by Yehart, Sep 28, 2014 5:24 AM
"Hi!"

Sep 28, 2014 5:06 AM

M3k4toku said:
Know what fucking pisses me off? Mein is still alive and doing well but Lubbock dies? I mean what the actual fuck, how much death flags has Mein dodged?

Lubbock had such a pathetic death despite being the second best character. I wish Esdese legit 10/10 kills him.

If they didn't make Tatsumi fall in love with Mein, Sheele would most likely be alive and Mein would be the first to die. Fucking disappointment. I wonder how the series will go on from here.

Precisely. Trash like Mein is still alive and yet so many awesome characters are already dead.

Sep 28, 2014 8:28 AM
Darklight0303 said:
M3k4toku said:

Lubbock had such a pathetic death despite being the second best character. I wish Esdese legit 10/10 kills him.

Precisely. Trash like Mein is still alive and yet so many awesome characters are already dead.
In the real world good people die all the Time, plus he was weak and injuried. If he had survival I would had call that bad writing.

Sep 28, 2014 8:29 AM
bastek66 said:
peskylemur25 said:
How do you know the anime won't sell well? What with the hate?

Because I know where to look.
Because

Takahiro can't write good deaths for shit.
Then go watch read something else. I drop claymore and Naruto. You can do it too.

Sep 28, 2014 8:34 AM

peskylemur25 said:
Darklight0303 said:

In the real world good people die all the Time, plus he was weak and injuried. If he had survival I would had call that bad writing.

THat doesn't make Mein's current alive status any less bullshit

Sep 28, 2014 9:56 AM
Darklight0303 said:
peskylemur25 said:

She will die don't worry. Unless the author pull a 2nd generation thing, where mai is pregnant and raise tatusimi child to fight the empires. And the childeren of esdeath and Mai fall in love and heal the empire.

Sep 28, 2014 5:38 PM

peskylemur25 said:
Darklight0303 said:

She will die don't worry. Unless the author pull a 2nd generation thing, where mai is pregnant and raise tatusimi child to fight the empires. And the childeren of esdeath and Mai fall in love and heal the empire.

If anything remotely close to this ever happens, I will go to Japan and personally lobotomize the author.

Sep 28, 2014 11:45 PM

Fullmetal89 said:
peskylemur25 said:

If anything remotely close to this ever happens, I will go to Japan and personally lobotomize the author.

I'll join you

Sep 29, 2014 12:15 AM

Nah, i will not join about Mein still alive, but obviousli Lubbock death is so pathetic. I just don't know what the purpose of his death. So cheap.

Sep 29, 2014 1:44 PM

peskylemur25 said:
Takahiro can't write good deaths for shit.
Then go watch read something else. I drop claymore and Naruto. You can do it too.[/quote]
I'm too deep in this shit already, besides I want to see how icewhore dies.

Sep 29, 2014 3:22 PM

I still don't understand why so many people are so mad about Lubbocks' death.
I think Chelsea had an even more bullshit death than him and yet people only complained about her death, but not about HOW she died.

Lubbock was a good character, sure he was, but "one of the best", why?
He was the comic, pervert guy who was good to have around but saying that he was" one the best character" of the series is going way too far, sure he was strong and had a very interesting Teigu but then what is Esdeath who happens to be the strongest in the Empire tied with Budou and has the strongest Teigu according to Najenda(assuming this means something)?

When I think about it looks like you guys "values" the good guys too much in a series that you shouldn't.

Let's compare Lubbock's death to Syura's

I think the author just want us to stop expecting much from the "good" guys, Run was actually a good guy but it seems no one even cared for him, I'm sure if he was in NR and had died like that a lot of people would be extremely pissed.
So by doing that you won't be thinking in things like "Ah, this is a good guy, he sure will deliver some epic moves and if he dies, it will be awesome"and then be disappointed like that.

Also do not get me wrong, I'm not defending the author of this at all, I just can't understand how you guys are complaining about it this much and I'm sure I will be mad as fuck in the next chapter by the huge bullshit he's going to pull to make Tatsumi get out alive.

TL;DR
Stop expecting too much from the good guys, that means literally nothing, do not expect this to be those huge shounem shows where everything goes according to them.
Modified by -ZET-, Sep 29, 2014 3:32 PM

Sep 30, 2014 3:07 AM

OMFG! why kill Lubbock sensei? you F*cking saddist...is Mine next and gets killed by Esdeath? go ahead sensei kill every MC in in this f*cking trainwreck manga...
R.I.P Lubbock, so sad that he's feelings didnt reach their leader before he dies...
and how will Tatsumi escape this situation now its already dawn..he'll be publicly executed..+ he's really pissed Lubbock died...
sorry TatsumixEsdeath seems blurry, unless a plot twist makes this possible...and matters makes worst if Esdeath herself kills Mine...adds only more anger in Tatsumi's feelings...
Modified by DeadZeroSource, Sep 30, 2014 3:12 AM
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 30, 2014 5:09 PM

Damn, waiting for the next chapter is torture. Ugh, I wonder how the next chapter will go. I have a feeling that Esdeath is going to die in 2 to 5 chapters now... :{ I hope I'm wrong.

Sep 30, 2014 8:08 PM

I'm going to be done with this if Esdeath dies before Mine lol

Sep 30, 2014 8:14 PM

I dunno, Lubbock's death just felt 'cheap', i know he took Shyura down(or whatever his name was) but it just felt kinda cheap i guess.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us

Oct 1, 2014 12:05 PM
I think evey member from NR will be dead soon only 4 remain esdas going to kill tsumi next chapter and only akame and mein and najenda will remain alive for more 2 chapter and then bey bey NR

Fuck u the wirter of this manga hope u will die eman

Oct 1, 2014 6:43 PM

Knowing how compassionate Esdese is, I feel that she'll find a way for Tatsumi to escape. She won't kill Tatsumi, that's for sure... At least I think she won't... Lol...

Plus, if it were to happen, who knows? Tatsumi might start seeing the nicer side to Esdese and begin to develop a soft side for her. Not love (yet, maybe) but just a "wow... She really is a nice person" type of feelings toward her.
Signature removed. Because it was too kawaii for all you weeaboos.

Oct 1, 2014 10:19 PM
Barely read this, but R.I.P Lubbock. I knew he wasn't going to make it, but damn I'm going to miss him..

And it looks like Tatsumi is going to be publicly executed by Esdeath. I really hope a miracle happens and Night Raid comes to the rescue.

Oct 1, 2014 10:54 PM
What night raid are u talk to there is no NR all of them dies only akame main leon and najenda alive how 4 ppl can save him ? The empier to strog for them

Oct 2, 2014 4:41 AM

This is really getting good more and more, lots of night raids are being killed in every chapter and I can't really predict which one of the MCs are gonna die next, all what I know that characters will die. Well, Mine is a dead girl walking, she's very dead because she's Tatsume's girlfriend and that doesn't give any promise at all, She's gonna get killed by Esdese sooner or later. Come to think of that, only Akame and Mine are left -_-

Anyway, Lubbock's death was really meaningless unlike all the night raids deaths. I have this kinda feeling that his death was in vain, I mean what did he die for ? an attempt to escape ? that really sounds pretty much lame. he even didn't confess his love. the only thing that I really think that he accomplished that he took down the prime minister's son.

5/5 because I didn't expect Lubbock to die. that really took me by surprise. I mean after he finally freed himself and prepared to escape :/ I was kinda disappointed.
I pray for Mine not to be the next one. That would really make me furious, especially if Esdese was the one who'd take her down.
P.s: I'll drop this manga if I see any of night raids' heads on a spike after getting rapped. (just kidding) tho that will be so painful to watch.

Oct 2, 2014 5:18 AM

If Esdeath dies and Mine does not I swear, i'm gonna drop this manga.
Takahiro why the fuck do you love Mine so much!

Oct 2, 2014 5:04 PM

Goodbye Lubbok, you were the man....much better than the boring politically correct Tatsumi.

Now I'm curious to see what's going to happen: will Esdese rape Tatsumi and then kill him? Will she try to brainwash him?

Or maybe she will challenge him and finally he will discover the real power of Incursio.

I don't know...by the way, second month in a row with only 22 pages, that sucks.

Bacioni!!

Oct 2, 2014 9:04 PM

^^^Tatsumi will die, if Esdeath dies then fuck you Takahiro.
At least Mine should die before Esdeath, Leone has avoided multiple death flags, so I see Tats then Mine, Najenda is also close to her death.
Modified by KapengBarako, Oct 2, 2014 9:33 PM

Oct 2, 2014 9:06 PM

Satan-sama said:
This is really getting good more and more, lots of night raids are being killed in every chapter and I can't really predict which one of the MCs are gonna die next, all what I know that characters will die. Well, Mine is a dead girl walking, she's very dead because she's Tatsume's girlfriend and that doesn't give any promise at all, She's gonna get killed by Esdese sooner or later. Come to think of that, only Akame and Mine are left.
Leone and Najenda......

Oct 3, 2014 12:48 AM

My brother tells me that Lubbock died stupidly. OOC stupidly. For the sake of making a pathetic death. IMO, if I did care about this manga, I wouldn't have minded if he died pathetically. Thing is, he wasn't himself when he died. I've read enough into the series to understand he was suppose to be a smart guy. Why did pick up the idiot ball this time? I say the author cares more for making horrible deaths than maintaining character consistency. A shame, I actually liked the first few chapters. Schele's death was where it went downhill for me. And lol at the GOT comparisons.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...

Oct 3, 2014 1:56 AM

HalfMetalPriest said:
My brother tells me that Lubbock died stupidly. OOC stupidly. For the sake of making a pathetic death. IMO, if I did care about this manga, I wouldn't have minded if he died pathetically. Thing is, he wasn't himself when he died. I've read enough into the series to understand he was suppose to be a smart guy. Why did pick up the idiot ball this time? I say the author cares more for making horrible deaths than maintaining character consistency. A shame, I actually liked the first few chapters. Schele's death was where it went downhill for me. And lol at the GOT comparisons.

How exactly was it stupid? He relied on the Teigu staying the samurai's hand just enough to give him an opening. He had no idea that the guy wouldn't hesitate to cut down a Teigu.

Oct 3, 2014 2:07 AM

Darklight0303 said:
HalfMetalPriest said:

How exactly was it stupid? He relied on the Teigu staying the samurai's hand just enough to give him an opening. He had no idea that the guy wouldn't hesitate to cut down a Teigu.

He could have regrouped with the rest of NR instead. He's that kind of guy, is he not?
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...

Oct 3, 2014 2:14 AM

HalfMetalPriest said:
Darklight0303 said:

He could have regrouped with the rest of NR instead. He's that kind of guy, is he not?

Did you miss the fact that he tried to use Shambala? A Teigu he had no skill in using whatsoever? Shambala was out of his control and teleported him to the courtyard it was last used in when Syura captured him and Tatsumi. Then Lubbock tried using it again and found out you can't use it in rapid succession. Moment when the samurai came in.

Oct 3, 2014 2:50 AM

Darklight0303 said:
HalfMetalPriest said:

Did you miss the fact that he tried to use Shambala? A Teigu he had no skill in using whatsoever? Shambala was out of his control and teleported him to the courtyard it was last used in when Syura captured him and Tatsumi. Then Lubbock tried using it again and found out you can't use it in rapid succession. Moment when the samurai came in.

That's even worse. He should have known better than to use Shambala. He could have tried to sneak out with his wires instead. Couldn't have been anyone but mooks to fight his way out of really. But nope, he's like screw it, don't care where I go!

I say the author just threw consistency out of the window just to setup a pathetic death.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Oct 3, 2014 4:03 AM
U guys very stupid if u love esdeath

Why the fuck u want to see night raide deaths ??? What u love the bad guys? u all sick me i hope esdeath will die in front of ur faces along with all the jagers and the hunt and then i smail in ur faces shitheads

Oct 3, 2014 4:27 AM

asafn said:

Why the fuck u want to see night raide deaths ??? What u love the bad guys? u all sick me i hope esdeath will die in front of ur faces along with all the jagers and the hunt and then i smail in ur faces shitheads

Nothing wrong with liking the villains man. They make the story.

That being said, some people like them for all the wrong reasons...
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Oct 3, 2014 4:31 AM

HalfMetalPriest said:
Darklight0303 said:

That's even worse. He should have known better than to use Shambala. He could have tried to sneak out with his wires instead. Couldn't have been anyone but mooks to fight his way out of really. But nope, he's like screw it, don't care where I go!

I say the author just threw consistency out of the window just to setup a pathetic death.

He is wounded alone in a castle FILLED with guards and where even Budou is lurking in the shadows. Moving around looking for a way out would more likely get him killed. He decided to bet on the safer chance that Shambala will deliver him clear out of the castle. It was a gamble. One he lost. Fate decided it was his time to die. Fate and bad luck. He made a valid choice. It just didn't work.

Oct 3, 2014 5:14 AM

Darklight0303 said:

He is wounded alone in a castle FILLED with guards and where even Budou is lurking in the shadows. Moving around looking for a way out would more likely get him killed. He decided to bet on the safer chance that Shambala will deliver him clear out of the castle. It was a gamble. One he lost. Fate decided it was his time to die. Fate and bad luck. He made a valid choice. It just didn't work.

He didn't look terribly wounded when he charged to his death. If he was in character, I'd say he'd trust his own teigu and skills. Sneak out discreetly. Find any kind of exit (vents, sewage, windows, etc). Regroup with NR.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Oct 3, 2014 5:34 AM

HalfMetalPriest said:
Darklight0303 said:

He didn't look terribly wounded when he charged to his death. If he was in character, I'd say he'd trust his own teigu and skills. Sneak out discreetly. Find any kind of exit (vents, sewage, windows, etc). Regroup with NR.

Sneak out discretely. In a place where Esdeath and the great Budou himself were in? Are you kidding? This wasn't some backwater castle in some distant province. This was the IMPERIAL palace. Moving around would get him killed for sure. Also you forget he had his ball crushed by Syura to say nothing of the torture endured before that.

Oct 3, 2014 5:59 AM

asafn said:

First learn to speak Engllish, before you call someone stupid, how ironic.

Oct 3, 2014 6:08 AM

Darklight0303 said:
HalfMetalPriest said:

Sneak out discretely. In a place where Esdeath and the great Budou himself were in? Are you kidding? This wasn't some backwater castle in some distant province. This was the IMPERIAL palace. Moving around would get him killed for sure. Also you forget he had his ball crushed by Syura to say nothing of the torture endured before that.

Its another dangerous risk. He would have to have his wits about him too. Better than charging right into them. He still moved fine for someone who had his testicle crushed when he attempted his suicide attack. Reminds me of when Seryuu suddenly came out of nowhere to kill Sheele. Thought she was completely unable to continue. Damage doesn't seem terribly consistent in this series either.

Seems like you'll defend this death to the end, huh? I came here to share my thoughts, you came to challenge them. It doesn't seem to bug you, which works out for you. Unfortunately, it just doesn't sit well with me at all. Nice discussing with you.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Oct 3, 2014 6:12 AM

HalfMetalPriest said:
Darklight0303 said:

Its another dangerous risk. He would have to have his wits about him too. Better than charging right into them. He still moved fine for someone who had his testicle crushed when he attempted his suicide attack. Reminds me of when Seryuu suddenly came out of nowhere to kill Sheele. Thought she was completely unable to continue. Damage doesn't seem terribly in this series either.

Seems like you'll defend this death to the end, huh? I came here to share my thoughts, you came to challenge them. It doesn't seem to bug you, which works out for you. Unfortunately, it just doesn't sit well with me at all. Nice discussing with you.

The entire castle is on red alert looking for him. They would be guarding any and all escape points. His strings don't work against large groups so he didn't have that going for him either. Betting it all on Shambala to take him out of the palace WAS the safest option. It just didn't work. That's realistic. Too many people here expected him to go down guns blazing. Guess what? That's not how it goes. People can die very easily if the circumstances are dire enough and if lady luck isn't with you.

Oct 3, 2014 6:24 AM

Great, Lubbock is dead too >.< the author really wants Tatsumi to be the only guy in the team =.= At least Syura died too :D ...but the prime minister is still a sick bastard -,-

Night raid is losing members now and this gives me a sense that maybe...just maybe Esdeath and her other 2 subordinates will join Tatsumi and escape the empire :D

Oct 3, 2014 10:17 AM

HalfMetalPriest said:
Darklight0303 said:

Its another dangerous risk. He would have to have his wits about him too. Better than charging right into them. He still moved fine for someone who had his testicle crushed when he attempted his suicide attack. Reminds me of when Seryuu suddenly came out of nowhere to kill Sheele. Thought she was completely unable to continue. Damage doesn't seem terribly consistent in this series either.

Funny how you mention that he will defend this death to the end, yet it is YOU who can't understand Lubbock's death and actions.
1st. You say he was supposed to know better about Shambhala, sure Lubock will understand everything about it in such a short amount of time, a Teigu that not even Esdeath knew about it, since when he was such a genius?
2nd. You keep saying that he could had done something with his strings, you also missed the "little" fact that he was without his teigu?
He was being interrogated, do you really expect him to have his teigu?The empire is not dumb to just leave the enemy teigu with him, they probably took it to the Prime Minister.
3rd You say he was moving fine to someone who had his balls crushed.

Looking at that you really think he was going fine?He was desperate he knew he had to run, Lubbock is someone who depends on his teigu without it he's useless not to nemtion he was right in front of Budou.
Modified by -ZET-, Oct 3, 2014 10:25 AM

Oct 3, 2014 10:20 AM
this better not be a fucking harem. Rabac was "the" most likeable character in AgK atm. He killed of Chelsea now Rabac's dead. His death was really poorly written and disappointingly low key. There's no really round character left in Night Raid. This was highly disappointing

Oct 3, 2014 10:22 AM

Narutotaku said:
this better not be a fucking harem. Rabac was "the" most likeable character in AgK atm. He killed of Chelsea now Rabac's dead. His death was really poorly written and disappointingly low key. There's no really round character left in Night Raid. This was highly disappointing

Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it poor written

Oct 3, 2014 10:26 AM
something here

HalfMetalPriest said:

That being said, some people like them for all the wrong reasons...

but those bewbz

Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »