Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Akame ga Kill! Chapter 53 Discussion


Sep 21, 2014 10:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 6101
Lubbock kicked the bucket this time. >.< I wished that he had a bit more of a fight with his Teigu but it is not with him... although he did defeat Syura, who is the boss of this arc. I still have to give him some merit.

I really can't wait for the remaining members of Night Raid to completely know what happened to our guys, and let them feel the despair... then try to save them.

As we have the path for Tatsumi foreshadowed by Esdeath, I think the authors can also start introducing more of the Revolutionary Army if he wants to take a break from this intense development and start giving us more of a strategic background of the invasion.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Sep 22, 2014 12:21 AM
Trickster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1503
Talk about anti climactic. At this point all the death is really becoming a large turn off.

Disappointing chapter.

You were a good guy Lubbock.
 
Sep 22, 2014 12:22 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 964
Lubbock NOOOO! Why he couldn't he leave? I don't understand.

Great chapter. Once again Akame ga Kill! shows us it's not afraid to kill off their characters. Still wish Lub went out like a G. Tatsumi and Esdeath are not seeing eye to eye. Seems like Esdeath is going to kill Tatsumi now. If he dies....... I wouldn't be surprise. Man I can't wait to see what's happens next.

R.I.P. Lubbock.
 
Sep 22, 2014 12:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Antearion said:
Lubbock NOOOO! Why he couldn't he leave? I don't understand.

Great chapter. Once again Akame ga Kill! shows us it's not afraid to kill off their characters. Still wish Lub went out like a G. Tatsumi and Esdeath are not seeing eye to eye. Seems like Esdeath is going to kill Tatsumi now. If he dies....... I wouldn't be surprise. Man I can't wait to see what's happens next.

R.I.P. Lubbock.


He didn't have proper control over SHambala so it teleported him to the last location it was used in. THe courtyard.
 
Sep 22, 2014 12:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 1596
Antearion said:
Lubbock NOOOO! Why he couldn't he leave? I don't understand.

Great chapter. Once again Akame ga Kill! shows us it's not afraid to kill off their characters. Still wish Lub went out like a G. Tatsumi and Esdeath are not seeing eye to eye. Seems like Esdeath is going to kill Tatsumi now. If he dies....... I wouldn't be surprise. Man I can't wait to see what's happens next.

R.I.P. Lubbock.


I bet Tatsumi still plot worth, so there must be something that interrupt the execution.
 
Sep 22, 2014 12:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 336
Random ass samurai killing one of the main cast... seriously? his death didn't serve any meaning and the death didn't have any kind of impact.
if this how the author wants to play it then i can't say i care for who's going to die next.
 
Sep 22, 2014 12:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
annie_leonheart said:
Random ass samurai killing one of the main cast... seriously? his death didn't serve any meaning and the death didn't have any kind of impact.
if this how the author wants to play it then i can't say i care for who's going to die next.


Death's aren't always glorious. That's what I like about this manga.
 
Sep 22, 2014 12:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 6
Darklight0303 said:
annie_leonheart said:
Random ass samurai killing one of the main cast... seriously? his death didn't serve any meaning and the death didn't have any kind of impact.
if this how the author wants to play it then i can't say i care for who's going to die next.


Death's aren't always glorious. That's what I like about this manga.


I agree with about 90% of what you have to say on here, Darklight, and this time is no different.

I don't understand the extreme amount of hate coming over Lubbock's death on here and everywhere. Something people need to keep in mind is that not every single manga / anime can be like the many shonen ones out there where main characters are impervious to all danger and if one DOES die, it is epic and glamorous.

Lubbock started as a candy and developed into a stoic character that wouldn't give NR away no matter what harm befell him. Literally, the only thing that the manga has even set him up for was a romance with Najenda, so what else did you want to happen? Did you want him to have an epic weaponless duel with an entire royal guard? While I don't doubt that some would want that, what sense does that make? Why would he intentionally do something that would mean sure death, when he would try to use his only "ace in the sleeve" to maybe get away and survive?

Death isn't always glorious or epic, and this manga does a good job of showcasing that.
 
Sep 22, 2014 1:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 10354
^ Yea, I somewhat agree with you, But just killing him for the sake of killing him to reassure people that this series isn't afraid to kill characters is the most disappointing thing for me. The author should slow down with his deaths, we understand that this is a very violent manga, but this mangaka needs to calm the hell down and give the characters more development and time before rushing killing them off.

The anybody can die theme is cool, but constantly killing off characters with such speed, starts to drag down the series and make the reader get less attach to the characters, because why would anyone get attach when this character will probably die in the next chapter?

By the rate he's killing of the characters especially the main characters, I'm guessing that we are already half way through with this manga. I don't mine him killing off the characters but at this rate I can't see the manga lasting 80 chapters, unless he starts to slow down with the death from now on.

Also the death are predictable, a character will either get a chapter focus on them, or they do something bad ass just to die in the following chapter. If I tell any anime viewer this, they could predict all the death that will be happening in the future.

Anyways, as long as Esdeath and Tatsumi are still alive, I don't care who dies. I love the drama between them. :D
Modified by keragamming, Sep 22, 2014 1:20 AM
 
Sep 22, 2014 1:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 6
^ I don't consider myself a manga expert by any means, but I highly doubt this is a manga that the creator intended to be +100 chapters. I could be totally wrong, but killing Sheele and Bulat (2 primary characters) within the first 14 chapters leads me to believe that the intention isn't to drag it out, but rather to give a story and let that be it.

As I stated above, I don't really see Lubb's death as the author flaunting his fearlessness at killing main characters. To me, that one felt more like a character arc complete. I guess his newfound strength could have been fleshed out more, but there really wasn't much else to tell, in my opinion. As far as the slowing down of deaths, we've only had 4 NR members die now (if I am correct), over roughly ~100 chapters in your average-length manga. Furthermore, the last one happened 20 chapters ago.

I agree, I know the series catches a lot of flak for the whole Tatsumi / Esdeath angle, but I think this is one of the most interesting and unique things about this. I can't remember any other series that had the primary villain falling head-over-heels in love with the main character and still insisting that it would work despite their obvious polar opposite natures. I'm excited to see what's about to happen with them! ;D
 
Sep 22, 2014 1:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1744
Christ, RIP Rabac. Enjoyed your perverted banter while you were alive. Anti-climatic death but don't mind that he's been killed off. This manga is ruthless in the sense of killing off characters, and is my favourite aspect of not holding back on fan favourites

More glimpses of tension building between Esdese and Tatsumi. Going by the pace of killing off characters, Mein may be next on the hit list :(

Did laugh at the empire, one minute he's gloomy and depressed, the next he's plotting for a new son. Definite psychotic, wonder who he'll force his seed upon

 
Sep 22, 2014 1:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Now if Mine would die in the next 1 to 3 chapters I would follow this series to its grave. The pink haired bint is long overdue for a trip to the afterlife
 
Sep 22, 2014 2:42 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 52
This manga is the equivalent of Game of Thrones.

"Hey you like this character? He's pretty cool, right? You like him a lot, right? You're rooting for him, right? Well, too bad. Imma kill him this chapter."

At least, Lubbock died fighting. On the other hand, Esdeath killing Tatsumi doesn't seem likely. But hey, the author isn't afraid of killing characters in the manga.
 
Sep 22, 2014 2:53 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2762
Why did the author killed Lubbock without confessing to Najenda? Its not even Christmas yet ;-; I'll miss this guy.

Now, Esdese got full yandere mode to kill Tatsumi *sighs*
[center]
 
Sep 22, 2014 2:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 537
SCNFan said:
This manga is the equivalent of Game of Thrones.

"Hey you like this character? He's pretty cool, right? You like him a lot, right? You're rooting for him, right? Well, too bad. Imma kill him this chapter."

At least, Lubbock died fighting. On the other hand, Esdeath killing Tatsumi doesn't seem likely. But hey, the author isn't afraid of killing characters in the manga.

LOL it totally is a GoT style.

I think Esdese will probably freeze time, swap him out with some other poor bastard, and the proceed to do the "execution."
Or she'll really kill him and keep his corpse for memory's sake. :D
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
 
Sep 22, 2014 3:01 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5228
SCNFan said:
This manga is the equivalent of Game of Thrones.

"Hey you like this character? He's pretty cool, right? You like him a lot, right? You're rooting for him, right? Well, too bad. Imma kill him this chapter."

At least, Lubbock died fighting. On the other hand, Esdeath killing Tatsumi doesn't seem likely. But hey, the author isn't afraid of killing characters in the manga.

Bullshit. All of main trio are completely safe unlike in main characters in GoT.
 
Sep 22, 2014 3:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6814
SCNFan said:
This manga is the equivalent of Game of Thrones.

"Hey you like this character? He's pretty cool, right? You like him a lot, right? You're rooting for him, right? Well, too bad. Imma kill him this chapter."

At least, Lubbock died fighting. On the other hand, Esdeath killing Tatsumi doesn't seem likely. But hey, the author isn't afraid of killing characters in the manga.

Not really. Unlike GoT, here you can actually predict who dies and who doesn't while taking note of the situation the characters are in. And Lubbock's death was pretty pathetic and anticlimactic. Author needs to calm down and work more with his original characters. Sure he isn't afraid of killing off characters with the exception of the main three but overusing this just makes it much easier for me to predict any newly introduced character will die one way or the other.
Modified by Alter96, Sep 22, 2014 3:15 AM
 
Sep 22, 2014 3:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 10000
Well fuck. I was hoping Lubbock would escape. At least he managed to go down on Scar
 
Sep 22, 2014 3:42 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 1807
What?! They killed him off?! Well fuck it. I don't believe this. I even had high hopes that he would escape. Man, they sure love killing off the favorite persons. Esdeath even sentenced Tatsumi, TATSUMI, to death herself. Wow. 5 Night Raid members remaining.
Modified by CreamZi, Sep 22, 2014 3:46 AM
 
Sep 22, 2014 5:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 336
All i can say is that his death left a very bad taste in my mouth, I always liked the unlucky goofy type characters. I didn't expect him to survive but Lubbock done many great things through this manga... glorious or not he deserved a better closure.

Also Esdeath reaction after learning that Tatsumi have a GF was actually normal and not exaggerated, I thought she was going to be like all hysterical or crazy but she accepted that fact rather easily.
After seeing her reaction can we say that she does not fall into the yandere category?
 
Sep 22, 2014 5:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 223
Screw that , another good character dies just like that -_- the author should stop doing that , seriously
can't w8 till the next chapter , though I doubt Esdeath would do it
 
Sep 22, 2014 5:19 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 163
y
y
y
y
y
y
i feel depressed now
 
Sep 22, 2014 5:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 30
Man, Lubbock went out like a freaking champion. I was hoping he'd be around longer so that I could see more of his badassery. A shame, he'll be missed. Glad to see that bastard Syura is finally dead.

Good to see Tatsumi holding strong to his ideals in the face of Esdeath. I don't see how he'll be able to escape with General Budo walking around, but I'm sure Night Raid will find a way in the end.

All in all, great end to the chapter. Hopefully the next one comes sooner
 
Sep 22, 2014 5:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
DCDrewzee said:
Man, Lubbock went out like a freaking champion. I was hoping he'd be around longer so that I could see more of his badassery. A shame, he'll be missed. Glad to see that bastard Syura is finally dead.

Good to see Tatsumi holding strong to his ideals in the face of Esdeath. I don't see how he'll be able to escape with General Budo walking around, but I'm sure Night Raid will find a way in the end.

All in all, great end to the chapter. Hopefully the next one comes sooner


As long as that way involves Mine dying I'm all for it
 
Sep 22, 2014 5:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 4806
Esdeaths a crazy bitch. Super hot. But still crazy.
 
Sep 22, 2014 5:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 52
Darklight0303 said:
DCDrewzee said:
Man, Lubbock went out like a freaking champion. I was hoping he'd be around longer so that I could see more of his badassery. A shame, he'll be missed. Glad to see that bastard Syura is finally dead.

Good to see Tatsumi holding strong to his ideals in the face of Esdeath. I don't see how he'll be able to escape with General Budo walking around, but I'm sure Night Raid will find a way in the end.

All in all, great end to the chapter. Hopefully the next one comes sooner


As long as that way involves Mine dying I'm all for it


You really don't like Mine, do you?
 
Sep 22, 2014 5:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 397
do you know where Takahiro sensei live ??
I have something to do ...
 
Sep 22, 2014 6:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
SCNFan said:
Darklight0303 said:


As long as that way involves Mine dying I'm all for it


You really don't like Mine, do you?


Nope I don't. Especially not when characters far superior to her have already died.
 
Sep 22, 2014 6:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 93
Well damn, poor lubbock. Wonder how boss will feel, I mean she did over hear him talking about her a while back. There's only one volume left, sadly.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Sep 22, 2014 6:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 210
Darklight0303 said:
SCNFan said:


You really don't like Mine, do you?


Nope I don't. Especially not when characters far superior to her have already died.


To each his own i guess, I personally liked how Mein grew from a generic tsundere to someone who was actually confident enough to say her feelings.
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
 
Sep 22, 2014 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2012
Posts: 644
SCNFan said:
This manga is the equivalent of Game of Thrones.

"Hey you like this character? He's pretty cool, right? You like him a lot, right? You're rooting for him, right? Well, too bad. Imma kill him this chapter."

At least, Lubbock died fighting. On the other hand, Esdeath killing Tatsumi doesn't seem likely. But hey, the author isn't afraid of killing characters in the manga.


Comparing Akame ga kill to Game of Thrones is like comparing shit to diamonds. The Song of Ice and Fire series actually have complex characterization, rich, vivid and immersive world and lore, and entertaining political maneuverings.

Stannis the Mannis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Esdeath.
 
Sep 22, 2014 6:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 52
RedgraveGilver said:
SCNFan said:
This manga is the equivalent of Game of Thrones.

"Hey you like this character? He's pretty cool, right? You like him a lot, right? You're rooting for him, right? Well, too bad. Imma kill him this chapter."

At least, Lubbock died fighting. On the other hand, Esdeath killing Tatsumi doesn't seem likely. But hey, the author isn't afraid of killing characters in the manga.


Comparing Akame ga kill to Game of Thrones is like comparing shit to diamonds. The Song of Ice and Fire series actually have complex characterization, rich, vivid and immersive world and lore, and entertaining political maneuverings.

Stannis the Mannis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Esdeath.


That's a pretty harsh comparison. But in my defense, since I am mainly to blame for the confusion and to clarify as well, I meant the "killing of characters" was similar among the two. GoT has one of the best entertaining and addictive lore and I won't argue with that. But at the end of the day, I still like both. Apologies for the confusion. :)
 
Sep 22, 2014 7:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1744
RedgraveGilver said:
SCNFan said:
This manga is the equivalent of Game of Thrones.

"Hey you like this character? He's pretty cool, right? You like him a lot, right? You're rooting for him, right? Well, too bad. Imma kill him this chapter."

At least, Lubbock died fighting. On the other hand, Esdeath killing Tatsumi doesn't seem likely. But hey, the author isn't afraid of killing characters in the manga.


Comparing Akame ga kill to Game of Thrones is like comparing shit to diamonds. The Song of Ice and Fire series actually have complex characterization, rich, vivid and immersive world and lore, and entertaining political maneuverings.

Stannis the Mannis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Esdeath.


The Mannis >> God himself. He is on a whole different level in ASOIAF. If we're comparing characters, Hot Pie > Esdese. But seriously though, she ain't no Ramsay Snow. Do agree its like comparing shit to diamonds. Akame unfortunately is just a poor man's version of GoT

 
Sep 22, 2014 8:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 77
Im predicting Leone or Najenda will die next in a NR rescue attempt of Tatsumi.

If Najenda decides not to rescue him then Akame and Mein will go out by themselves and one of them will die via Esdese or the other general. Most likely Mein. But for some reason I dont feel like she is next. We got alooooot of death flags for mein within the last 10 chapters but then bam Lubbock dies.

I think I will like this manga as long as the ending is like tokyo ghoul and is a giant middle finger to the audience.
 
Sep 22, 2014 8:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Defective_Minus said:
Im predicting Leone or Najenda will die next in a NR rescue attempt of Tatsumi.

If Najenda decides not to rescue him then Akame and Mein will go out by themselves and one of them will die via Esdese or the other general. Most likely Mein. But for some reason I dont feel like she is next. We got alooooot of death flags for mein within the last 10 chapters but then bam Lubbock dies.

I think I will like this manga as long as the ending is like tokyo ghoul and is a giant middle finger to the audience.


We had a lot of Deathflags for Lubock too and that didn't save him in the end. Mine is nextr
 
Sep 22, 2014 9:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 280
Who is this trio that you guys are talking about?
Tatsumi, Akame and Esdeath?

I don't see Esdeath staying alive at the end of this manga at all, right now there's no one that stand a chance against her but I just have this feeling that the author will not let her stay alive by the end of it.
 
Sep 22, 2014 10:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 464
We're being trolled, aren't we?
 
Sep 22, 2014 10:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 3237
-ZET- said:
Who is this trio that you guys are talking about?
Tatsumi, Akame and Esdeath?

I don't see Esdeath staying alive at the end of this manga at all, right now there's no one that stand a chance against her but I just have this feeling that the author will not let her stay alive by the end of it.


Believe it or not, apparently Mein is part of the trio (being Mein/Akame/Tatsumi) which is strange considering she hardly got development apart from being Tatsumi's girlfriend. I do hope the author doesn't back out of his prophecy, she needs to die.
 
Sep 22, 2014 10:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Fullmetal89 said:
-ZET- said:
Who is this trio that you guys are talking about?
Tatsumi, Akame and Esdeath?

I don't see Esdeath staying alive at the end of this manga at all, right now there's no one that stand a chance against her but I just have this feeling that the author will not let her stay alive by the end of it.


Believe it or not, apparently Mein is part of the trio (being Mein/Akame/Tatsumi) which is strange considering she hardly got development apart from being Tatsumi's girlfriend. I do hope the author doesn't back out of his prophecy, she needs to die.



Marking off the days on the calendar until her demise~
 
Sep 22, 2014 11:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 13
One of my favorite characters of all time -- Dead.

Sudoku time for me
 
Sep 22, 2014 11:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 64
I never thought Rabac can be killed easily.. before I was positive he would easily run away from imperial palace...
 
Sep 22, 2014 11:12 AM
something here

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 10802
SIDJIL said:
I never thought Rabac can be killed easily.. before I was positive he would easily run away from imperial palace...
Tbh, moment I saw he was still in the palace and Shambala wouldn't work twice, knew he was dead.
NeverWinning said:

The Mannis >> God himself. He is on a whole different level in ASOIAF. If we're comparing characters, Hot Pie > Esdese. But seriously though, she ain't no Ramsay Snow. Do agree its like comparing shit to diamonds. Akame unfortunately is just a poor man's version of GoT

While I do agree ASOIAF/GoT is better, it's not like comparing shit to diamonds, it like comparing apples to oranges. Honestly, the only thing they have in common is people dying, the scale of which is higher in GoT.
bastek66 said:

Bullshit. All of main trio are completely safe unlike in main characters in GoT.

>Implying Jon, Tyrion and Daenerys don't have plot armour.
ADWD spoiler
 
Sep 22, 2014 11:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
RedDire said:
One of my favorite characters of all time -- Dead.

Sudoku time for me
lets commit sudoku together
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Sep 22, 2014 11:35 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
ninjastarforcex said:
RedDire said:
One of my favorite characters of all time -- Dead.

Sudoku time for me
lets commit sudoku together


Uh Sudoku is a game you know...
 
Sep 22, 2014 11:51 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5228
Fullmetal89 said:
-ZET- said:
Who is this trio that you guys are talking about?
Tatsumi, Akame and Esdeath?

I don't see Esdeath staying alive at the end of this manga at all, right now there's no one that stand a chance against her but I just have this feeling that the author will not let her stay alive by the end of it.


Believe it or not, apparently Mein is part of the trio (being Mein/Akame/Tatsumi) which is strange considering she hardly got development apart from being Tatsumi's girlfriend. I do hope the author doesn't back out of his prophecy, she needs to die.

If Mein didn't have any development then Akame must have regressed.
 
Sep 22, 2014 12:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
TheCeon said:
Can someone told me, why main is still alive but that epic characters like Sheele, Chelsea, Susano and Lubbock are dead ?!?

becase author has S H I T T A S T E
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Sep 22, 2014 12:10 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1
Can someone told me, why main is still alive but that epic characters like Sheele, Chelsea, Susano and Lubbock are dead !? Rest in Piece, Lubbock, bro [*]
 
Sep 22, 2014 12:15 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 503
well i was feeling that this will happen and also i think tasumi might save mine from death but i hope not (i don't like her much either)....
 
Sep 22, 2014 1:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 1857
Nice try Lubbock, nice try.
What's going to happen to Tatsumi?! So excited for the next chapter!
 
Sep 22, 2014 1:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 3697
well fuck...
 
Top
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »