Forum Settings
Forums
Akame ga KILL!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2014 2:06 PM

Mar 2011
you would think that after Chelsea's death people would stop being shocked when someone dies. outside of Akame and Tatsumi, no one in this series is safe and that should be obvious by now
Sep 22, 2014 2:48 PM

Oct 2011
Fullmetal89 said:
-ZET- said:
Who is this trio that you guys are talking about?
Tatsumi, Akame and Esdeath?

I don't see Esdeath staying alive at the end of this manga at all, right now there's no one that stand a chance against her but I just have this feeling that the author will not let her stay alive by the end of it.

Believe it or not, apparently Mein is part of the trio (being Mein/Akame/Tatsumi) which is strange considering she hardly got development apart from being Tatsumi's girlfriend. I do hope the author doesn't back out of his prophecy, she needs to die.

Lol, the moment Mein started dating with Tatsumi I knew that is just something to make the readers more attached to her so that her death can be more dramatic, which means SHE IS GOING TO DIE, well that's how I see it.
The other person that for some reason I don't see getting killed is Wave even though he is in the Jeagers now.
Sep 22, 2014 3:49 PM

May 2009
Most of critique on Tatsumi is pathetic.
You just want him to PRETEND to join Esdese side because you think it's so easy.
Sorry guys. It's not only pathetic but also hard. Esdese, Budou and rest of empire won't suddenly become brainless morons who believe that Night Raider will pleadge loyalty to them just like that.
Sep 22, 2014 3:55 PM

Apr 2008
bastek66 said:
Most of critique on Tatsumi is pathetic.
You just want him to PRETEND to join Esdese side because you think it's so easy.
Sorry guys. It's not only pathetic but also hard. Esdese, Budou and rest of empire won't suddenly become brainless morons who believe that Night Raider will pleadge loyalty to them just like that.

Well Esdesse would. But you are right about Budou and the prime minister
Sep 22, 2014 4:46 PM

Oct 2011
Morbyllan said:
Honestly, this went to hell real fast...
I think the only way the author can salvage this without an incredibly lame ass pull or deus ex is to have Tatsumi indeed die. Unfortunately, this is very unlikely, so I'm very disappointed.
Yes, I'm counting Esdese switching sides as a lame ass pull.

The thing is, Tatsumi is between Budou and Esdeath, who are the two strongest beings in the entire empire.
So the only way that he can get out alive is new members o NR appearing, members just strong as Esdeath and Budou and that is an ass pull, we never heard of anyone or anything like that before, so if that happens out of blue just to save him, it's going to be bullshit. I'm worried because I don't see how the author will make a good move there at all.
Sep 22, 2014 5:00 PM

Apr 2008
-ZET- said:
Morbyllan said:
Honestly, this went to hell real fast...
I think the only way the author can salvage this without an incredibly lame ass pull or deus ex is to have Tatsumi indeed die. Unfortunately, this is very unlikely, so I'm very disappointed.
Yes, I'm counting Esdese switching sides as a lame ass pull.

The thing is, Tatsumi is between Budou and Esdeath, who are the two strongest beings in the entire empire.
So the only way that he can get out alive is new members o NR appearing, members just strong as Esdeath and Budou and that is an ass pull, we never heard of anyone or anything like that before, so if that happens out of blue just to save him, it's going to be bullshit. I'm worried because I don't see how the author will make a good move there at all.

Not to mention that Najenda said that Suu and CHelsea were the LAST reinforcements Nightraid would get from the Revolutionary army. Nightraid is facing destruction and AKAME is likely going to be the only survivor if Tatsumi is executed
Sep 22, 2014 5:47 PM

Jan 2014
Shit, this is going downhill, I wanted Esdeath to kill Mine, not kill Tatsumi >__<.
Sep 22, 2014 6:02 PM
Jun 2013
This manga is so bad it's almost comically good. I can't stop laughing anymore. It takes real shallow writing for death and brutality to become a gimmick. Or maybe not.

Anyway, it's like watching a train about to crash in slow motion while a lion eats the passengers. I just want to see how it ends.

EDIT: I mean seriously, in his final monologue he was talking about how one of his balls got crushed. Jesus, I was laughing so hard. You can't take that seriously.
Sep 22, 2014 6:14 PM

Aug 2007
At least Lubboc went out fighting

The Minister getting over Shura's death so fast xD
Sep 22, 2014 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
Fuuuuuck!!!! Lubboc Nooooo :(
Sep 22, 2014 7:25 PM

Jul 2013
Well, it's AKAME ga Kill, not TATSUMI ga Kill... So I wouldn't be sure that Tatsumi survievs (changing MC to furious Mein/Akame Or even Wave?).
Sep 22, 2014 7:35 PM

Aug 2014
This was a sad chapter indeed, Lubbock or Rubac was a comedy relief kind of guy, well he killed the Prime Minister's Son, that is a good thing.

Arent you guys worried at all about the future? The Prime Minister said that he has to find a strong woman to conceive his child, does this mean that he will probably (rape) Esdeath or something? [I hope it doesnt happen]

Also, for all you guys who think Esdeath is the Main Antagonist, she is not. The Main Antagonist is the prime minister, he is controlling everything and let the world to rot while he gets women, riches and etc.

Esdeath is a stubborn character who believes that fighting for the empire is good and not seeing the evil or corruption from within, therefore she is a Sub-Antagonist.
Sep 22, 2014 7:43 PM

Oct 2013
ElectricRed said:
This was a sad chapter indeed, Lubbock or Rubac was a comedy relief kind of guy, well he killed the Prime Minister's Son, that is a good thing.

Arent you guys worried at all about the future? The Prime Minister said that he has to find a strong woman to conceive his child, does this mean that he will probably (rape) Esdeath or something? [I hope it doesnt happen]

Also, for all you guys who think Esdeath is the Main Antagonist, she is not. The Main Antagonist is the prime minister, he is controlling everything and let the world to rot while he gets women, riches and etc.

Esdeath is a stubborn character who believes that fighting for the empire is good and not seeing the evil or corruption from within, therefore she is a Sub-Antagonist.

The prime minister is not the main antagonist in anyone else eyes. Can he fight? All he does is sit on his but while everyone else fights. If he's the main antagonist of this series he would be one of the worst villains in manga history. His character is so one dimmensional and he's also a cartoony villain.

I'm sure he will die soon.
Sep 22, 2014 7:52 PM

Sep 2014
*cough cough Murasame trump card cough cough*
Sep 22, 2014 7:56 PM

Oct 2011
ElectricRed said:

I don't see that happening at all, Esdeath is in the same side with Prime Minister but she is not his subordinate, she just want fights and thats all he gives her so she's fine with him, but if he even dares to try touch her, I doubt she will just let him have his way, Esdeath has her own pride aswell.
The only one that can harm Esdeath is maybe Budo, as in the early chapters of the manga Esdeath was mentioned as his rival or someone who's on the same level as he is, but Budou does not like the Prime Minister at all, so that isn't happening.
Sep 22, 2014 9:42 PM

Feb 2014
Man_of_Tomorrow said:

I agree with you and Darklight fullheartly. Well said.

Man_of_Tomorrow said:

Again, I totally agree with you. I would give a bigger response, but I'm feeling a little lazy.

Darklight0303 said:
Now if Mine would die in the next 1 to 3 chapters I would follow this series to its grave. The pink haired bint is long overdue for a trip to the afterlife

Don't say that! I love Mine! :(
Sep 22, 2014 9:49 PM

Feb 2014
Molek123 said:
Well, it's AKAME ga Kill, not TATSUMI ga Kill... So I wouldn't be sure that Tatsumi survievs (changing MC to furious Mein/Akame Or even Wave?).

Now this would be something I would like to see happen:

Tatsumi dies (I love Tatsumi, but him dying I think would have a huge impact on the series) after a failed rescue attempt by Night Raid. Maybe he flails himself in front of Mine from an attack from Esdeath, and Mine and the others escape. Then Kurome gets killed by someone in the empire, Wave switches sides out of anger.

Then it would be Wave, Akame, Mine, Leone (I don't have much hope for her living to be honest) and possibly some new members (I think Najenda is going to die very soon as well) against Esdeath and Buduo and maybe some other Wild Hunt members. Then Wave and Akame get together. That would be awesome I think.

Though, I wouldn't mind Tatsumi surviving either, but I don't know. The author can do MANY things with this current situation now.
Sep 22, 2014 10:03 PM
Jan 2014
kakoa1234 said:
thats why i hate anime foruns discussion.

Full of retarded haters, fanatics etc. If something doesnt go like they want they flip out and star saying "i hate this manga" "noob mangakaa" etc.

If in anime/manga anyone important doesnt die (fairy tail,naruto etc) everyone says "stupid manga no one dies" viceversa....

This manga is great, esdeath will die (and if the esdeath fanboys stop reading because she died i will be happy), maybe Budou may turn good...he said he wil do something ... who knows xD

I undeerstand why some people get mad wth some chapers, its ok... but going full hater and retarded is so idiotic. grow up and respect the author

Thank you for this comment right here! Reading through the forum pages and all I see are haterz!
Sep 22, 2014 10:37 PM
Jan 2014
[spoiler]Now this would be something I would like to see happen:

Tatsumi dies (I love Tatsumi, but him dying I think would have a huge impact on the series) after a failed rescue attempt by Night Raid. Maybe he flails himself in front of Mine from an attack from Esdeath, and Mine and the others escape. Then Kurome gets killed by someone in the empire, Wave switches sides out of anger.

Then it would be Wave, Akame, Mine, Leone (I don't have much hope for her living to be honest) and possibly some new members (I think Najenda is going to die very soon as well) against Esdeath and Buduo and maybe some other Wild Hunt members. Then Wave and Akame get together. That would be awesome I think.

Though, I wouldn't mind Tatsumi surviving either, but I don't know. The author can do MANY things with this current situation now.[/quote]

Another possibility could be that the PM wants Esdese to be the mother of the newborn, she declines numerous times, PM(in rage) could convince the King that she plans to betray the kingdom, just so the PM could get back at her, Esdese is then convicted of treason right before Tatsumi's execution. She helps Tatsumi escape the kingdom.

After that it could go either two ways... Tatsumi ends up convincing her to join NR (the BS way), or she declines Tatsumi's offer and ends up going rouge/lone-wolf and wants to kill the PM herself, and prove her innocence, to regain her position within the kingdom.

It would be a good twist for the story, and character development, but it seems kind late for that at this point...
peachhead96Sep 22, 2014 10:56 PM
Sep 22, 2014 10:43 PM

Aug 2014
Well, damn..after being so badass..to get cut down like that. Oh well, I did not see him surviving if Budo was there, too. So, who is going to save Tatsumi now? I am really looking forward to seeing how the author is going to get Tatsumi out of there. Hopefully it's not some sort of asspull. If Night Raid were to come to his rescue..how the hell are they going to pull that off? Hopefully, by next week, we go back to having 40 page chapters.

Also, I am new to forums, hello :D
Sep 22, 2014 11:01 PM

Oct 2013
Ankylar said:
Well, damn..after being so badass..to get cut down like that. Oh well, I did not see him surviving if Budo was there, too. So, who is going to save Tatsumi now? I am really looking forward to seeing how the author is going to get Tatsumi out of there. Hopefully it's not some sort of asspull. If Night Raid were to come to his rescue..how the hell are they going to pull that off? Hopefully, by next week, we go back to having 40 page chapters.

Also, I am new to forums, hello :D

I don't think Esdeath is going to really make him die. Also congratulation on your first post.
Sep 23, 2014 4:16 AM

May 2009
kakoa1234 said:
maybe Budou may turn good...he said he wil do something ... who knows xD

Nah, he will die by someone from Empire, he said himself that he is first from his family of generals to interfere with government. He's obviously against PM, so he will try to kill him eventually.
Sep 23, 2014 4:57 AM

Oct 2013
Damn, Lubbock. What an anticlimatic death though. It's like, Takahiro is killing NR members to balance out the deaths of antagonists (eg. Syura).

I guess this manga isn't so great. Downrated it to 7.
Sep 23, 2014 5:42 AM

Nov 2012
Nuvi said:
Damn, Lubbock. What an anticlimatic death though. It's like, Takahiro is killing NR members to balance out the deaths of antagonists (eg. Syura).

butthurt because epic guy like rabac died? you butthurt boys? hahahahhaha... me too. fuck you author T_T
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Sep 23, 2014 7:22 AM

Jul 2014
Wow. Can't say I didn't see it coming. There was no way he was gonna get out of there alive, but it was somewhat anti-climactic. Only so much you could do in that scenario anyways.

Tatsumi sticks to his convictions. Esdeath about to go full yandere x 9999.
Sep 23, 2014 9:05 AM

Jan 2011
peachhead96 said:

Another possibility could be that the PM wants Esdese to be the mother of the newborn, she declines numerous times, PM(in rage) could convince the King that she plans to betray the kingdom, just so the PM could get back at her, Esdese is then convicted of treason right before Tatsumi's execution. She helps Tatsumi escape the kingdom.

After that it could go either two ways... Tatsumi ends up convincing her to join NR (the BS way), or she declines Tatsumi's offer and ends up going rouge/lone-wolf and wants to kill the PM herself, and prove her innocence, to regain her position within the kingdom.

It would be a good twist for the story, and character development, but it seems kind late for that at this point...

Definitely possible. Seeing how the story advances and previous story arcs , I'm pretty sure the author would add in new member(s) into NR again. Halfas$ and anti-climatic too imo =/
Sep 23, 2014 2:28 PM

Jul 2014
Well there goes my favorite character
Sep 23, 2014 4:03 PM

Nov 2013
bastek66 said:
peskylemur25 said:
How do you know the anime won't sell well? What with the hate?

Because I know where to look.
Because

Takahiro can't write good deaths for shit.

Well, not everybody can die in an awesome way just because he's a main character. He tried to escape, and got killed in the process.
Sep 23, 2014 4:05 PM

Apr 2008
DarkWiiPlayer said:
bastek66 said:

Because I know where to look.
Because

Takahiro can't write good deaths for shit.

Well, not everybody can die in an awesome way just because he's a main character. He tried to escape, and got killed in the process.

odds were against him from the start
Sep 23, 2014 4:10 PM

Nov 2013
I just noticed how the soundtrack of Kamisama no inai nichiyoubi fits this chapter PERFECTLY. At least most of it. I was listening to it in the background and it fit really well.
I also had the luck of getting the battle theme in the right moment xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO4XHat-E8U&index=27&list=PLI0d4fbdVJPOfm8ZcqRBu-1_C4xJKvCGa
Sep 23, 2014 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
Lubbock dead......he didn't really develop that much. Let's what edeath up to.
Sep 23, 2014 6:43 PM

Oct 2011
DarkWiiPlayer said:
I just noticed how the soundtrack of Kamisama no inai nichiyoubi fits this chapter PERFECTLY. At least most of it. I was listening to it in the background and it fit really well.
I also had the luck of getting the battle theme in the right moment xD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KO4XHat-E8U&index=27&list=PLI0d4fbdVJPOfm8ZcqRBu-1_C4xJKvCGa

It really does, I got really disappointed by the soundtrack of AgK anime, it doesn't fit the anime at all in my opinion, it needed a more impact like the style of Sawano Hiroyuki, but...well gotta deal with what we got I guess.
Sep 23, 2014 6:46 PM

May 2013
Well damn. With the situation he was in, I had doubts that he was going to make it out there alive. Now Tatsumi is in trouble. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Sep 23, 2014 7:09 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Nuvi said:

I as well. Really disappointed how things turned out, just not that quality of writing.

I'm going to assume the most predictable thing and say that Leone is next in line for Night Raid. And if she is, I'm going to be the very definition of infuriated.
Sep 23, 2014 11:48 PM

Jul 2014
FadeFrost said:
*cough cough Murasame trump card cough cough*

and u are probably right....
hana ga saita yo
Sep 24, 2014 3:17 AM
Apr 2011
-ZET- said:
ElectricRed said:

I don't see that happening at all, Esdeath is in the same side with Prime Minister but she is not his subordinate, she just want fights and thats all he gives her so she's fine with him, but if he even dares to try touch her, I doubt she will just let him have his way, Esdeath has her own pride aswell.
The only one that can harm Esdeath is maybe Budo, as in the early chapters of the manga Esdeath was mentioned as his rival or someone who's on the same level as he is, but Budou does not like the Prime Minister at all, so that isn't happening.

Imagine the rage and backlash of Esdeath fans if the Prime Minister does rape Esdeath and make her conceive his child. Oh, the horror.
Sep 24, 2014 6:44 AM

Oct 2011
SCNFan said:
-ZET- said:

Imagine the rage and backlash of Esdeath fans if the Prime Minister does rape Esdeath and make her conceive his child. Oh, the horror.

Pretty sure if that happens a lot of people will either drop the manga or score it as "1", I don't even care about Esdeath anymore, now the only interesting character in the series is Budou.
Sep 24, 2014 6:54 AM

Aug 2014
Todd_ said:
Nuvi said:

I as well. Really disappointed how things turned out, just not that quality of writing.

I'm going to assume the most predictable thing and say that Leone is next in line for Night Raid. And if she is, I'm going to be the very definition of infuriated.
If Leone does die I'm seriously dropping this series
Sep 24, 2014 7:20 AM

Feb 2014
I was expecting a good fight against someone strong, or a showoff for the general (I don't remember his name :/ ) but noup, he was oneshoted by the guy that i don't even know the name ¬¬

RIP IN PIECES Lubbock
ItalodeMOct 21, 2014 7:15 AM
SCREW THE RULES, I HAVE MONEY!
Sep 24, 2014 7:25 AM
Oct 2011
For those haters who can't stand seeing character dies.
Go read Fairy Tail ( One of the shittest manga ever )

So , the PM said he's going to make another child. Please don't tell me he is going to rape esdese but it would be great if it were to happen on meiin instead.

Just sayin'
YoKamisSep 24, 2014 7:30 AM
Sep 24, 2014 7:53 AM

Apr 2008
ItalodeM said:
I was expecting a good fight against someone strong, or a showoff for the general (I don't remember his name :/ ) but noup, he was oneshoted by the guy that i don't even know the name ¬¬

RIP AND PIECES Lubbock

He still killed Syura before dying at least
Sep 24, 2014 9:48 AM
May 2013
I had to stop for a few seconds to let my brain process after Lubbock's death. Feeling kinda empty about it :/ If I had to guess I'd say next time Budou instakills one of Night Raid for the empire/the win (possibly Mein to make Tatsumi go super saiyan rage mode). Also IF the mangaka wants Tatsumi to stay alive It'd be awesome to see him evolve Incursio to level over 9000. That or I watched too much BDZ :D
Sep 24, 2014 11:09 AM

Jun 2013
I wonder how do Tatsumi go out the prison?
Another NR member is R.I.P
I think Akame and Tatsumi won't dead until end of story
And about the rest character is not sure.
Sep 24, 2014 11:47 PM
Sep 2014
Hi new here!

Ive seen a lot of predictions but no one is mentioning that witch character that the alchemist is regenerating/repairing. The one with the ability to alter peoples minds? I think that could come up soon in the future.

I dont think the PM is going for esdese, i think it will be mein/leone. There is also that drug that basically brainwashes women as sex slaves too. Lot of bad possibilities, and there was an earlier post showing that priestess mentioning some for shadowing for mein and tatsumi.

My predictions are that the witch mind manipulates tats for esdese or mein is drugged/manipulated for the PM.
NR showing up to rescue tatsumi is a great way for leone or mein to get caught as well.
Wave will switch sides more then likely.

As for the bashing of character deaths, i mean isnt kind of mentioned in various ways that these are assassins, and that no one is safe? Except Akame i guess?
Sep 25, 2014 1:06 AM

Jan 2011
God dammit, Lubbock died and he was basically cut in half. Oh my gawd, that's so brutal. DAMMIT! Previously we saw Lubbock having a chance of escaping too. ;~; Arghhh, Lubbock was one of my favourites. He was such a cool character. RIP Lubbock. :( Tatsumi is SUPER pissed now but now he basically has raised his own death flag. Esdeath getting serious. 5 Night Raid members remaining. Man... I really wanted Lubbock to survive. D: Mine is definitely next. ;~;
Sep 25, 2014 4:56 AM
Apr 2011
MightyMawhile said:
Hi new here!

Ive seen a lot of predictions but no one is mentioning that witch character that the alchemist is regenerating/repairing. The one with the ability to alter peoples minds? I think that could come up soon in the future.

I dont think the PM is going for esdese, i think it will be mein/leone. There is also that drug that basically brainwashes women as sex slaves too. Lot of bad possibilities, and there was an earlier post showing that priestess mentioning some for shadowing for mein and tatsumi.

My predictions are that the witch mind manipulates tats for esdese or mein is drugged/manipulated for the PM.
NR showing up to rescue tatsumi is a great way for leone or mein to get caught as well.
Wave will switch sides more then likely.

As for the bashing of character deaths, i mean isnt kind of mentioned in various ways that these are assassins, and that no one is safe? Except Akame i guess?

Welcome to MAL!

You're right. That's the first theory I've heard of Lubbock coming back to life through alchemy. Dorothea might have something up her sleeves.
Sep 25, 2014 9:06 AM

Dec 2008
mac9955 said:
Couldn't Akame's sister(forgot her name lmao) theoritically use her imperial arm(forgot that name too lmao), and make Tatsumi join Esdeath? I mean, he would just be a puppet, but that would be cool as hell I think.

I thought this as well as soon as he told Esdeath he had a girlfriend (could you do anything more stupid?). I don't think it will happen, but it would be a dark twist.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
Sep 26, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2014
LUBBOCK IS DEAD;_; JUST WHYYYY
and Tatsumi shouldnt be with Esdeath, he made the right choice!!
Sep 26, 2014 2:06 PM

Apr 2008
Epsilon99 said:
LUBBOCK IS DEAD;_; JUST WHYYYY
and Tatsumi shouldnt be with Esdeath, he made the right choice!!

He shouldn't be with Mine either
Sep 26, 2014 4:40 PM

Sep 2011
Aww fuk...Shura really died, he was my favourite new character I really liked that guy.

Don't really care about Lubbok though
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Should Akame ga Kill! get an anime reboot? ( 1 2 )

jeff_1 - Jan 12, 2017

68 by 01Corvette »»
Jan 13, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 80 Discussion (Volume 8, Extra)

Mana - Feb 24, 2017

6 by yKija »»
Dec 24, 2023 10:17 AM

» Manga compared to the anime

Pizzakiller23 - Sep 12, 2023

5 by Ri-iel »»
Sep 12, 2023 4:42 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 4 Discussion

notsureifsrs - May 8, 2012

7 by JavanyXD »»
Jun 9, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Akame ga Kill! Chapter 70 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Junchi - Apr 20, 2016

71 by vclouted »»
Apr 25, 2023 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.