Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 20, 2014 3:38 PM
Jul 2014
A rifle bullet destroyed a building. A FUCKING RIFLE BULLET DESTROYED A BLOODY BUILDING!!!

I knows its an anime but somehow i cant get past that! 0.0

KuroZwei said:
I thought Kirito wasn't able to see those red bullet of line of sight for Death Guns sniper rifle? Also, wasn't his photon sword running out of juice? or is it self replenishing?

Only the first shot of sniper rifle does not have a bullet line. After that all bullets do.
I think it has a replaceable battery or something. I think. Not sure.

Tempus36 said:
Anyone else think that Death Gun is an idiot? Srsly man you have a sniper at your back and then you proceed to gloat? Rly?

Sinon's scope broke, remember?
Sep 20, 2014 3:38 PM

May 2011
Fai said:
Satan-sama said:
SAO II up to this episode is really great but Asuna keeps bothering me, I mean why did she head to the hospital ? that won't change anything. Yui, that bitch, I hate when she says papa and mama referring to Kirito and Asuna, that really makes me sick :D

Anyway, so Kirito can't remember DG's real name because he actually didn't tell him about it, good to know that Kirito isn't a monster.

She possibly made same conclusion that Death Gun has accomplices, so it makes sense to be there to ensure no one is trying to kill his body.

I wish DG's accomplices (If he has ones) just go there and finish her off instead of Kirito, that'd be awesome :D

Fai said:

Maledict said:
My god, another 10 minutes wasted in that cave, plus the "fight" was mostly trash talk from Kirito and DG. This show is the exact opposite of Tokyo Ghoul, not sure whether for better or for worse.

3/5, i'm hoping the GGO arc gets resolved soon.

Considering Tokyo Ghoul is forever loathed for rushing through shit, I'd say its just problem of your taste being bad or you being unable to pa attention.

Yeah, I finished the manga, I can tell that they just adapted 10% of it. they almost skipped everything.
Sep 20, 2014 3:43 PM
Jul 2014
Fai said:
KuroZwei said:
I thought Kirito wasn't able to see those red bullet of line of sight for Death Guns sniper rifle? Also, wasn't his photon sword running out of juice? or is it self replenishing?

Everyone can see them. ITs game mechanics. You can't see the first shot. As was already explained.

helloisabelle said:

Tell me you are joking. ALO is the absolute worst part of the anime.

ANd its regarded universally as the best part of the light novels so far.

Yes, after GGO / Phantom Bullet arc, we will return to ALO. But we're not sure what story will be adapted first. It might be either Caliber (Sinon joins Kirito's har... ehem, team. Yeah, team.) or Mother's Rosario where Asuna become the main character alongside some new character.

As for MR regarded as the best, I have to disagree. Some people like it, but from what I've heard, people considers Alicization (the arc after MR) as the best. I don't know about this, though, Alicization is still ongoing after all...
Sep 20, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2014
at like the 2 or 3 episode mark, i had pretty low expectations. The recent episodes have actually surprised me and raised the bar a little, despite how cheesy some parts were. That showdown between kirito, simon, and the #1 player was really good. Also, right after, the duel between kiroto and death gun is getting good, as well. I'm actually looking forward to episode 13!
Sep 20, 2014 3:51 PM

Mar 2009
Oh, hey. Sinon's not breaking down anymore. That's good.
Sep 20, 2014 3:55 PM

Nov 2011
This must be boring for the people watching the tournament.

"They've just been standing there for like, 5 minutes and they're not even talking loud enough for us to hear them."
Sep 20, 2014 3:59 PM
Sep 2014
Delca said:
Tempus36 said:
how the hell the bullet from DG didn't kill Sinon? This thing broke a building in half for God sake!

Because the bullet doesn't hit. Sinon moved her eyes from the scope, so the bullet just went through the scope and disappeared behind her.

Dude, remember that building I mentioned? It goes like this:

1) DG shoots
2) bullet hits
3) bullet goes KABOOM
4) half of the building goes Bye Bye

And what happened with Sinon?

1) DG shoots
2) bullet hits
3) destroys scope... and still fly

BULLSHIT!

yamagee said:

Tempus36 said:
Anyone else think that Death Gun is an idiot? Srsly man you have a sniper at your back and then you proceed to gloat? Rly?

So? Do not tell me that just beacuse scope broke she can't do anything. Sure, the aiming will be more difficult but not impossible... and DG doesn't know that her scope broke, so DG knows about sniper behind and still gloats: he is an idiot.
Sep 20, 2014 4:01 PM

Feb 2011
Finally a good episode compared to the previous ones.
Sep 20, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2011
I know people complain about the pacing being to slow but I like it very much and its good. Very intense episode cannot wait to see everything go down next week.
Sep 20, 2014 4:08 PM
Jul 2014

Only the first shot of sniper rifle does not have a bullet line. After that all bullets do.

So like... does the LN go into more detail about how the sniper bullet line works? Because it really bothered me that the first shot at Death Gun had a bullet line(not to mention how the hell he even noticed it with a hood / mask on / his eye trained down a scope). Does it reset per player? Does it reset when you move? Like really, sounds like a complete bitch to program.

Also, it sort of bothers me how much random super-tech this guy keeps pulling out of thin air. Like I get that he has to be really awesome to hold a candle in a fight against Kirito at this point but the best player on the Japan server is running around with a SMG and normal clothes. Death Gun has stealth camo, paralyzing bullets, 3 weapons (one of which is made of the strongest metal in the game? Why is that even a thing in a game about guns?), two of which are completely at odds with one another stats-wise(I'd guess at least, that the stats required to wield an estoc is vastly different than a sniper rifle which he seems incredibly proficient in to be able to out-snipe Shinon), and some sort of time-altering bullet time ability.

It'd be fine if they introduced any of this stuff via other players in the game but it seems like he is literally the only player on the whole server that has this stuff or else they'd probably be dominating just as hard.
Sep 20, 2014 4:08 PM
Jul 2014
Tempus36 said:

yamagee said:

So? Do not tell me that just beacuse scope broke she can't do anything. Sure, the aiming will be more difficult but not impossible... and DG doesn't know that her scope broke, so DG knows about sniper behind and still gloats: he is an idiot.

Dude, Hecate II is supposed to have a maximum range of just over 2 KM. 2 friggin KILOMETERS. Naked eye cannot see that far. So no scope means no shot. Plus since Sinon's bullet hit DG's rifle, I guess that that give him confidence that his hit too. They both did have bullet lines.

Everything aside, if Sinon tries to shoot DG again, bullet line will show up and DG will simply move out of the way. So he doesn't really need to worry about it.
Sep 20, 2014 4:11 PM

Aug 2011
yamagee said:
A rifle bullet destroyed a building. A FUCKING RIFLE BULLET DESTROYED A BLOODY BUILDING!!!

Maybe it's made of that spaceship armor material or some other shit..
Sep 20, 2014 4:18 PM
Nov 2007
Too much dialogue, not enough action.
Sep 20, 2014 4:20 PM

Dec 2013
Holy shit, this B.o.B. is dragging so hard. I thought we'll have a new game or at least a new arc with episode 13 ...
Sep 20, 2014 4:20 PM

Apr 2012
Badass Kirito. SAO II is pretty good so far.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Sep 20, 2014 4:22 PM
Jul 2014
[quote=GSupernova]

So like... does the LN go into more detail about how the sniper bullet line works? Because it really bothered me that the first shot at Death Gun had a bullet line(not to mention how the hell he even noticed it with a hood / mask on / his eye trained down a scope). Does it reset per player? Does it reset when you move? Like really, sounds like a complete bitch to program.[/qoute]

All weapons have bullets lines for every single bullet. Even the first. Only sniper's first shot has no bullet line. That is cuz long range stealth is snipes best feature. Take that away and they are pretty useless, right? So they only get first shot bullet free to keep their element of surprise and stealth. Secondly, it's first shot from one specific location. If the sniper was to move to a new hiding place, they will get another bullet line free shot. So technically, that shot at DG was first at him but second shot of Sinon's from that location since she had already killed Dark Wind.

GSupernova said:
Also, it sort of bothers me how much random super-tech this guy keeps pulling out of thin air. Like I get that he has to be really awesome to hold a candle in a fight against Kirito at this point but the best player on the Japan server is running around with a SMG and normal clothes. Death Gun has stealth camo, paralyzing bullets, 3 weapons (one of which is made of the strongest metal in the game? Why is that even a thing in a game about guns?), two of which are completely at odds with one another stats-wise(I'd guess at least, that the stats required to wield an estoc is vastly different than a sniper rifle which he seems incredibly proficient in to be able to out-snipe Shinon), and some sort of time-altering bullet time ability.

It'd be fine if they introduced any of this stuff via other players in the game but it seems like he is literally the only player on the whole server that has this stuff or else they'd probably be dominating just as hard.

Actually he is literally the only player on the whole server to have meta material optical camouflage mantle and L115A3 Sniper rifle. But than again these are SUPER rare drops so it's not surprising that only he has it. Just like only Sinon on whole of Japanese server has Hecate II. But chillax. They most likely will explain the whole thing towards the end of this arc. At least they did in LN.
Sep 20, 2014 4:23 PM
Jul 2014
stefeman said:
yamagee said:

Maybe it's made of that spaceship armor material or some other shit..

the bullet most definitely is not. It's a regular .338
Sep 20, 2014 4:26 PM
Jul 2014
Tempus36 said:

Dude, remember that building I mentioned? It goes like this:

1) DG shoots
2) bullet hits
3) bullet goes KABOOM
4) half of the building goes Bye Bye

And what happened with Sinon?

1) DG shoots
2) bullet hits
3) destroys scope... and still fly

BULLSHIT!

yamagee said:
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

I have to agree with the building, it's a bit too much. Mind you, the building collapsing wasn't on the LN / original stories.
But as for Sinon not dying, it's simply because the bullet doesn't hit. It's explained in the LN, and clearly visible in the anime.
Quote from the LN :

As for the scope thing, it helps her to shrink the bullet circle, and also zoom in on the target. For zooming in, she could use her hawk eye skill, but even that doesn't help to shrink the bullet circle. When she's on that distance, losing her scope means losing the ability to aim. Remember that bullet will hit randomly inside the circle ? She's afraid to hit Kirito instead of Death Gun.
DelcaSep 20, 2014 4:34 PM
Sep 20, 2014 4:47 PM

Dec 2012
Kirito having a hard time against Death Gun. He cannot even hit him.
Looking forward to their battle next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 20, 2014 4:52 PM
Nov 2013
There's some pretty good tension now, something that has been kinda lacking this season, but with more at stake it makes it feel more authentic and exciting. I'd say I can't wait for next episode, but I'm actually a patient person.
Sep 20, 2014 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
Too much talking, not enough fighting. The drama is way too cheesy. These writers are horrible because even the fighting is boring.

Season 2 is extremely overrated and wouldn't even be good if it wasn't an anime based on MMO's or SAO franchise.
Sep 20, 2014 5:12 PM

Nov 2013
Season's halfway point!
Sep 20, 2014 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
Darn. B.O.B hasn't ended yet. Since the first half is again so long, I'm worried now that the second half will be too rushed like last season. Oh well, at least it built up the intensity well.
Sep 20, 2014 5:36 PM

Mar 2011
Great episode, and damn people still not getting that SAO ISN'T, and NEVER WAS about action are... Well. I don't know, I don't even understand it, the only good action scenes in S1 are pretty much at the climax and that's it, it should be a big enough clue that you are not supposed to watch the show only for this.
Also, more talking than action = bad? Wtf is this logic?

Also, this is a good thing that Asuna will finally be useful, it's been a really, really long time. Even if I like Shinon a lot more, she still have her right to shine.
Shinon being a badass again and trying to get over it, but realistically (= she's not suddenly perfect and everything, she still have her doubts about herself) was really, really cool.

Also, Kirito getting his ass kicked by something else than a f*cking game master deserves a mention. I don't remember it happening a lot, if this happened at all. Maybe in s1 against Heathcliff, since he apparently didn't need "this" to move so fast, but that's it.
willardhwrightSep 20, 2014 5:40 PM
Sep 20, 2014 5:38 PM

Sep 2013
Now that was what I wanted, more fighting and less talking (even though half of the episode was still talking)

Death Gun's sniper rifle is very op if it literally cut a building in half and almost crushed Dark Wind.

That scene where the two bullets were coming at each other, I was sure they would collide and Death Gun's would split her's in half.

The epic ending of Kirito getting slashed up, let's see if he survives (which is pretty obvious)

Isn't the next arc like back in the Alfheim world or something?

Sep 20, 2014 5:44 PM

Mar 2011
IcynatoKytozaki said:
Now that was what I wanted, more fighting and less talking (even though half of the episode was still talking)

Death Gun's sniper rifle is very op if it literally cut a building in half and almost crushed Dark Wind.

That scene where the two bullets were coming at each other, I was sure they would collide and Death Gun's would split her's in half.

The epic ending of Kirito getting slashed up, let's see if he survives (which is pretty obvious)

Isn't the next arc like back in the Alfheim world or something?

We still don't know what they will adapt next, right? (or did I miss something?)
Mother's rosario is a strong possibility, the caliber side story is another one. It's more or less sure that the next one is in ALO in ANY case though.
Sep 20, 2014 5:52 PM

Dec 2008
The face when Asuna saw Kirito´s avatar was funny, she was like WTF! xD Overall good episode, can´t wait for the next one.
Sep 20, 2014 6:02 PM

Jan 2011
Shouldn't at this distance (a few mm at most) the bigger bullets shock wave throw the smaller bullet completely of course? Especially given the distance between the two bullets meeting and the impact, which still was several hundred meters probably.

At the very least, it should move the smaller bullet way more than the bigger one.

Given this, Death Gun, who is somehow proficent at everything and has access to all kinds of gadgets, would have hit Sinon in the head despite only noticing her when the trajectory was displayed, while Sinon, who is the most reknown sniper on the server with the best sniper rifle (?) there is in the game, who also was prepared for Death Gun to appear and started aiming first would most likely still only have hit the weapon.

If they need to make Death Gun op, why don't they let him stay stealthed for the first shot or so (actually, wasn't he stealthed before when firing?), but while looking cool, the whole thing was kinda stupid.

--

About the hospital: So they have him there so they are able to watch him, but the nurse doesn't know much about the situation? His heart rate raises and she is clueless? I mean, she can't know it given she didn't have a live feed or anything, but shouldn't they have had one in the first place? And someone who is familiar with the situation and full-dive games in the room who is watching the feed and interpreting Kirito's real life reactions, just like Asuna did? So basically Seijirou?

--

Also: "sterben" means "to die" as noted before. And of course it's used in hospitals and stuff, i mean, people die there, you have to talk about it. But it's not like it would be any kind of special medical vocabular.

Still wonder about the many ways the Japanese try to integrate random German stuff (90% of the time just words, but often enough characters with German origin etc.) into anime...
NwAurionSep 20, 2014 6:09 PM
Sep 20, 2014 6:08 PM

Mar 2011
I'm not sure about it being this easy. The way I saw it, we should probably assume that the bullet didn't touch each other but just perfectly grazed each other and that's it, it's also more "spectacular" and cliche this way so I think that's what they intended

About the "biggest bullet" thing, shouldn't the speed also come into account if we're thinking about the strenght that should move the other bullet ? Just asking, I think that since we're talking about force it may count as well, could be important into this calculation as well but I'm not sure about it
Sep 20, 2014 6:22 PM

Jun 2014
The series is finally picking up its pace, hope it stays this way and doesn't pull an ALO.

Sep 20, 2014 7:13 PM

Jan 2011
rothrock said:
Mikatarukito said:
Kirito get rekt by one dimensional villian.
^

only noticed up until the second half the pass 3 episodes they been mainly stuck in a cave
Sep 20, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2014
Onyxthegreat said:
Looking forward to an actual battle. Too much talking!

yeah I almost fell asleep while watching...I was excited to watch this episode...but it kinda disappoints..with them talking too much...not to mention they did not show Sinon's cute ass in this episode...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 20, 2014 8:15 PM

Sep 2014
It was a good episode. So far I'm finding GGO to be way more enjoyable than the first season. That being said, after episode 12, I begin to smell a DEM ending coming.. Hope I'm wrong.
Sep 20, 2014 9:03 PM
Jul 2014
Matrix + Star Wars = Sword Art Online. Kirito is obviously the chosen one. Expecting him to be able to fly on GGO sooner or later. In the meantime let's enjoy the Darth Vader vs Neo Skywalker sword battle...because in a game about guns, the final fight must obviously be carried on with swords.

Another half episode in the cave...good times...it will be hard to handle the nostalgia now. Hope they won't forget about the main protagonist of this arc, after Sinon's B side.

And what exactly was that rifle shot which destroyed an entire structure? At that point why didn't Death Gun shoot the building where Sinon was standing?
Sep 20, 2014 9:33 PM

Jun 2014
is it just me or is death gun's voice is a bit different?
Sep 20, 2014 9:39 PM

Jun 2014
That one moment when the bullets went all matrix was epic.

I'm just guessing but...
If Kirito doesn't know, it might not matter, because Asuna might know the name since she remembers who the person was on SAO. If Asuna doesn't know, then maybe Klein might. That would mean that if Kirito dies, the story will go on to another protagonist in a different time after this. I don't read LN or read manga so I'm just guessing what might happen.

I hope that's not true though because I want to see Kirito explain Sinon to Asuna.
Sep 20, 2014 9:40 PM

Dec 2013
omg... when will GGO arc end?!?!? Please....

Kirito vs Death Gun. Hope Kirito wins quickly. Damnit!!! The pacing is beyond slow.

Oh I loved how Yui was in a Skype call with Asuna :D

So cool!
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
Sep 20, 2014 10:23 PM

Jan 2009
Kirito in a disadvantage when it comes to sword fights? well thats rare
Sep 20, 2014 10:30 PM
Mar 2014
Dang, Kirito got a lil' bit too cocky in SAO. Glad to see that it's finally rounding up.
Sep 20, 2014 10:46 PM

May 2010
Oh, shit, that ending!

Sinon, help him somehow! ; A ;
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 20, 2014 11:11 PM

Aug 2011
Say it!
Say my name!!
Sep 20, 2014 11:46 PM

Aug 2013
Bit too much talking this episode, not enough action. After a full 24 minute talking drama last week, I was hoping for a bit more intense fighting.

2 things I don't get: How is Kirito losing when he clearly was thrashing the LC members in Aincrad? And Death Gun keeps telling him to remember his name, but how is he supposed to remember something if he never learned it?
Sep 20, 2014 11:51 PM

Jun 2014
Jonesy974 said:
Bit too much talking this episode, not enough action. After a full 24 minute talking drama last week, I was hoping for a bit more intense fighting.

2 things I don't get: How is Kirito losing when he clearly was thrashing the LC members in Aincrad? And Death Gun keeps telling him to remember his name, but how is he supposed to remember something if he never learned it?
Just wait for the next episode or you can open my spoiler.

Sep 20, 2014 11:53 PM
Jul 2014
j0x said:
Kirito in a disadvantage when it comes to sword fights? well thats rare
Don't worry. Kirito's plot armor is thicker.
Sep 21, 2014 12:02 AM

Feb 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Humm, I really have nothing to say.

It wasn't a bad episode, but then again it wasn't really a good one either. Felt like it was missing a little bit of ummph there and considering the episode and where we are in the story, it really should have had it.

Pretty much this. All in all I would have to say it's been adapted quite well, and I'll keep watching.
Sep 21, 2014 12:08 AM

Dec 2013
Great episode, good setup and back story. Great animation and art. 10x better than SAO 1.

5/5
Sep 21, 2014 12:32 AM

Dec 2011
Finally, I have been waiting for this bout. I seriously don't want to see any deus ex machina on both sides, just plain pure skill and wit that is plausible even within the game.

Also that explains why Death Gun's estoc didn't break from the photon sword, its metal is used for spaceship armor. Hahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2014 12:32 AM

Jul 2014
kingsheep812 said:

It's probably gonna end around episode 13, then eps 14+ are gonna be the next arc.
But i really wish it would just end now since i got spoiled for who death gun is i just want it to be over ;_;
Sep 21, 2014 1:04 AM

Jun 2014
SHSL_Wizard said:
kingsheep812 said:

It's probably gonna end around episode 13, then eps 14+ are gonna be the next arc.
But i really wish it would just end now since i got spoiled for who death gun is i just want it to be over ;_;
Na, given by the pacing I think it's gonna end in like 2-3 episodes
Sep 21, 2014 1:49 AM

Jul 2007
willardhwright said:
Great episode, and damn people still not getting that SAO ISN'T, and NEVER WAS about action are... Well. I don't know, I don't even understand it, the only good action scenes in S1 are pretty much at the climax and that's it, it should be a big enough clue that you are not supposed to watch the show only for this.
Also, more talking than action = bad? Wtf is this logic?

Also, this is a good thing that Asuna will finally be useful, it's been a really, really long time. Even if I like Shinon a lot more, she still have her right to shine.
Shinon being a badass again and trying to get over it, but realistically (= she's not suddenly perfect and everything, she still have her doubts about herself) was really, really cool.

Also, Kirito getting his ass kicked by something else than a f*cking game master deserves a mention. I don't remember it happening a lot, if this happened at all. Maybe in s1 against Heathcliff, since he apparently didn't need "this" to move so fast, but that's it.

Don't expect logic from these people. Nor them having an attention span longer than 5 seconds. Hell I still see people claiim that "nothing happened" this episode or the episode before and that "this whole arc could be condensed into a hour long movie with better pacing".

If stuff is not exploding all around then "nothing is happening".

Badly adapting SAO1 did a LOT of bad in terms of viewership expectations and the kind of viewership the show attracted

Byon-kun said:
SHSL_Wizard said:

Na, given by the pacing I think it's gonna end in like 2-3 episodes

Pacing has been exactly same and even for the whole SAO2 so yes, by ep 13 sounds about right.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.