3It was OK
17.6%
2Disliked it
3.8%
1Hated it
3.1%
Average 4.1
159 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 20, 2014 3:20 AM

Jul 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This time we get a little bit more of Tuxedo Mask and of the "sights/dreams" every seems to be having.
"He is always sarcastic to me", aww Usagi is so kawaii :) <3

Everybody talking about the "Silver Crystal" and the Princess of the moon. Who would have thought Zoizite would use the media to practically use the whole town to find this "Silver Crystal".

Luna's base is so high tech, where or who got this for her? lol.

Usagi-chan defending Tuxedo Kamen. I mean I get her, Tuxedo Kamen has always been helping/supporting her. Why would someone who's "Evil", be helping her. Plus I know she feels some type of hidden connection there.
She's so mature now...compared to original at least.

and O shzz Queen Beryl actually appears to them!
Sailor Moon so bad ass...queen beryl can kneel to her >.<

even though Tuxedo Kamen already knew she was sailor moon, I was not expecting for her to find out the opposite, they're moving so fast!
and omg! Sailor Venus and Artemis make an appearance...next next episode maybe?? :) :)

edit: ...more of Tuxedo Kame's past tho next ep.

MoonXArtemisSep 20, 2014 3:26 AM
Sep 20, 2014 3:23 AM

Nov 2011
>Usagi-chan, you're blushing.
Damn right she is.

A lot of Mamoru this episode as expected. There's also some talk about Sailor V which I am very eagerly to see soon since she hasn't made an official physical debut in this series. Looks like they are getting a bit desperate to find the Silver Legendary Crystal too..

The action was okay I guess. Shame we didn't see Queen Beryl's true powers. I really want to see Sailor Venus soon though...
Sep 20, 2014 3:32 AM
Jun 2011
queen beryl apear before them?Well this was very fast
Sep 20, 2014 3:34 AM

Jul 2011
yeah I know right?! They're moving ridiculously fast. Makes me wonder what they're going to come up with for the rest of the season. I just hope they don't try and squish the entire series in one season. 0_0#
Sep 20, 2014 3:41 AM

Nov 2012
sigh, i can't help but feel it's getting duller each episode. doesn't really do the manga justice..
Sep 20, 2014 4:09 AM

Oct 2012
The few minutes of weird close ups was my only real negative.
Sep 20, 2014 4:10 AM

Sep 2008
Even if they follow manga, I really dislike these small chances...
My favorite moment when Usagi finded out that Mamoru is Tuxedo Kamen is changed...
My favorite part when she put his mask on his face and "You're Tuxedo Kamen...?"
Looks like they will show it in next episode, but in manga this was so cool!
I loved this part! I feel like my heart is just broken now... ;(

I feel like they wanted to show that Usagi isn't stupid and soon she can notice it,
but in manga it was such cool moment... ;(
No, no... I can't deal with it ;(
Sep 20, 2014 4:11 AM

Dec 2011
I was looking forward to this episode so much but it wasn't as good as I expected. And didn't they change some things from the manga?
Sep 20, 2014 4:26 AM

Oct 2011
Moon Healing Escalation !!!!!!

Tuxedo Kamen is revealed <3

Mamrou Chiba's past next week T____T
Sep 20, 2014 4:33 AM

Jan 2011
Few scenes were a bit off graphically, but the episodes will be corrected for the blu-ray version, so I don't mind. I'm getting more and more used to the CGI transformations somehow. Great Senshi vs Zosite battle. And then Usagi vs Beryl. I didn't expect that one to come. That Moon Healing Excalation was a blast! And Zoisite is K.O. Bam! The music was great as always. Next episode we'll see some more Usagi x Mamoru and a bit more of
at the end of the episode.

Besides that, am I the only one thinking, that Toei messed up the view angle in some scenes? Some of them gave me the feeling, as if the video screen was too small, zoomed in and centered resulting in somehow cut off faces xP

Venom_TAG said:

Ok I see I'm not the only one XD
RaffSep 20, 2014 4:37 AM

Sep 20, 2014 4:58 AM
Sep 2012
MoonXArtemis said:
They're moving ridiculously fast. Makes me wonder what they're going to come up with for the rest of the season. I just hope they don't try and squish the entire series in one season. 0_0#

That's the way the manga moves. They can't squeeze the whole comic in 26 eps though, at least 50 if they want to do that.

I have to agree, i dislike they need to do changes albeit small. Some sparks and serious bits are lost thanks to that. And yes, it feels duller each episode, which is weird since I don't experience that for the manga (I'm currently re-reading chapter by chapter as well).
Sep 20, 2014 5:13 AM
Jun 2011
it fine for me if they doing some little changes it not have to be adapted page to page exactly beside they said there was some scence that they could not put in the original anime so for me it fine overall good episode
Sep 20, 2014 5:31 AM

Apr 2009
Wow... I love this so much. It is so much better than the original <3
Sep 20, 2014 5:32 AM

May 2013
I hope I'm not the only one to notice Usagi's hair was changed from yellow to silver. Oh well.

We got a brief appearance from Venus and Artemis huh? And its pleasant to watch Usagi and Mamoru moments <3
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 20, 2014 5:39 AM

Jan 2009
lol Toei studio and their poor outsourced animations but still the story is enjoyable despite the animation quality dropping like crazy
Sep 20, 2014 5:53 AM
Sep 2012
Overall I thought the episode looked okay, but Luna looked awkward several times throughout it.
Sep 20, 2014 6:25 AM

May 2013
kagura-pb said:
SweetCoconut said:
I hope I'm not the only one to notice Usagi's hair was changed from yellow to silver. Oh well.

You mean in the opening? That's probably because it's not Usagi in the first place, so the previous hair color must've been a mistake to begin with ;)

I see, thanks. But I guess it can't change the fact that
Sep 20, 2014 6:32 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
YES!!!!Sailor Venus makes a brief appearance along with white neko Artemis.

Sailor Moon/Usagi finally steps up and saves her friends, of course with the help of Tuxedo Mask. Still. It was nice to see Queen Beryl make an appearance in front of the Sailor Scouts, but a few things still don't make sense to me.

Did Tuxedo Mask actually reveal his identity to Usagi or even know who Sailor Moon was in season one of the original Sailor Moon show?

Did Queen Beryl show herself to the Sailor Scouts before their final battle?

I don't remember seeing either of the two in the original show.

Sep 20, 2014 6:40 AM

Aug 2010
Ugh they changed a lot of the Usagi x Mamoru moments.

Also Queen Beryl made an appearance way too early. Sigh.

...Actually just re-read the chapter, they changed a lot of stuff. >__>
Sep 20, 2014 6:48 AM

Aug 2007
Man three weeks was really their sweet spot animation wise. Too bad they can't get that. Ah well. Well putting that aside it wasn't a bad ep and I enjoyed the whole Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask scenes. Wow they are covering so much material I was thinking it would only be one arc but I might get more.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 20, 2014 7:23 AM

Aug 2008
Kyaa kyaaa! ^////^
I couldn't hold myself and went to read the manga! Next episode will be so romantic!
SweetKotomi said:

Did Tuxedo Mask actually reveal his identity to Usagi or even know who Sailor Moon was in season one of the original Sailor Moon show?

Did Queen Beryl show herself to the Sailor Scouts before their final battle?

I don't remember seeing either of the two in the original show.

[spoiler]1- No, he and she, both did not know each other's identity until the last few final fights.
2- I don't think so, but I don't remember.
KuriniSep 20, 2014 7:28 AM
Sep 20, 2014 7:33 AM

Sep 2013
kagura-pb said:
Xealias said:
Ugh they changed a lot of the Usagi x Mamoru moments.

Also Queen Beryl made an appearance way too early. Sigh.

...Actually just re-read the chapter, they changed a lot of stuff. >__>

It's true, but since Naoko is supposed to be supervising the anime this time, I guess the changes must've been approved by her?

^ this :)
It's not like the manga was made last year, she can change a few things she doesn't feel is right.

Man these 2 or 3 week breaks just kill the momentum, ughhh :(
Sep 20, 2014 7:53 AM

Jul 2007
I am confused.

Now I have not seen this show since they fucked up Jadeite's fate, but it seems that desptie them they are still moving at manga-pacing, so I have to ask WHY?

Why make those alterations if you are not going to use them? I would SOMEWHAT understand if they prolonged Jadeite's lifespan to add some fillers, but they are clearly not doing that so far and with the pace they are going there will be no way to capitalize on that. Dark Kingdom will still end at around ep ~12 or so. And by that point these he WILL have to be dead anyway(except it will be done in some crappy anime original way that whitewashes any responsibility from t he lead heroes). So why make those deviations from the manga?

That does absolutely NOTHING but make the tone lighter and take away A LOT of tension and atmosphere the manga had(because it was THE defining moments that showcased that this won't be just another crappy mahou shoujo show where leads spend more time blabbering about love and trying to redeem their enemies than fighting).

In a sense this leaves SMC in very strange spot:
- purists of previous SM anime will dislike this since its entirely different story since it somewhat sticks to manga.
- purists of the great SM manga will hate this since it deviates way too much from the manga.

I can't see TOEI's reasoning for this, except for wanting to sell this to younger audience(because nope, you can't sell this to 10 year olds if the lead characters keep murdering villains), but even THAT goes against their claims that this is supposedly or "more mature audiences than previous adaptation".

I can't wrap my head around this
AhenshihaelSep 20, 2014 7:56 AM
Sep 20, 2014 8:28 AM

May 2013
kagura-pb said:
SweetCoconut said:

I see, thanks. But I guess it can't change the fact that

Yes, but it's a different person altogether. It's not
either. :)

I don't know that one huh. Anyways, thanks again.
Sep 20, 2014 12:43 PM

Jan 2008
My head almost felt dizzy at some moments. Seriously, jumping from scene to scene, from close-up to close-up really strains your audience there, dear directors.

Somebody said that "wrong" colouring in the opening might be a mistake. Doesn't that bode well for producers as it seems they don't even know what the heck are they supposed to adapt?
Sep 20, 2014 1:01 PM

Nov 2013
I knew that Zoisite won"t live long, after they so casually transformed in front of him;/
Original bad guys from old anime were more interesting;/
Sep 20, 2014 1:14 PM

Apr 2010
Even thought Sailor V was only shown for a few seconds, my fangirl meter went way up. Really enjoyable episode, though I don't recall any of it happening in the manga. Guess I should re-read it now.
Sep 20, 2014 1:48 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, this was so bad compared to the previous episode.
Then again, this is normal for Crystal. I know it's pointless to wait for something amazing.
Sep 20, 2014 2:11 PM
Jul 2014
Terribly drawn characters when the characters are not up close, awkward and unnecessary close ups, strange scene transition, horrifyingly drawn and stiff fight scene, unprecedented angst from Usagi.. Wow.
inlaynocturneSep 20, 2014 2:20 PM
Sep 20, 2014 2:34 PM

Mar 2009
Venom_TAG said:

Animation shortcuts everywhere.
Sep 20, 2014 3:07 PM
May 2013
Fai said:
-snip-

considering that they mayaswell will be only covering arc 1 and 2 and crystal and then move on to "something not cystal" they will have 1-3 episoded other do to somethign with the generalls.
Sep 20, 2014 4:31 PM
Jul 2012
Rather disappointed in this one, considering what an improvement the last episode was.

Onto the episode itself:

Meh. Very boring, and what was up with the extreme close-ups? Nearly half of the episode consisted of close-ups on characters' faces, and many times just on the lower half of Usagi's face. Even the eyes were too much effort? Please. It was ridiculous, and very disappointing since the last episode seemed to be heading in such a better direction in terms of art quality and animation.

Plot-wise it was also rather lacking. I found myself wondering when it would end, and the only interesting parts were with Zoisite. The entire Tuxedo Mask/Sailor Moon angst-fest felt stale and overwrought.

Welp, back to full on transformations I guess. I appreciate that they limited the one with Mercury/Mars/Jupiter, but we had to sit through all of Moon's animation yet again, as well as her signature catchphrase despite the fact that she was miles away from the enemy. Which, by the way, how did she get to the rooftop? And then flew around the city? And then landed back in Tuxedo Mask's arms? Very confusing on that part, because it really didn't make sense and ruined the "suspension of disbelief." (Yes, I'm aware this is an anime with magical girls. But come on.)

In my opinion, the best part was the fight with Zoisite. I felt that could have been expanded a bit. It was cool seeing the three control their elements and weaponize them without becoming cheesy with excessive "attack shouting." I loved the way the fire and lightning looked, and the water was certainly cooler than the version used in Mercury's transformation. (Though IIRC she's more "ice" than "water" but that veers into nitpicking IMO.)

Anyway, it was nice to get a glimpse of Sailor V watching after the others, though you kind of wonder what she's thinking when they're all down there getting their asses handed to them and she's just waiting to see if Sailor Moon can get her shit straight and fight for herself. I know we aren't getting to her story yet, but I kind of wish that was what would come up next. I'm not looking forward to more exposition about Tuxedo Mask at this point, but we've just gotta go with what they give us I suppose.

P.S. - I like that they "fixed" the hair color in the opening. It always bugged me.
"You know the old saying; when life gives you lemons, go murder a clown."

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs," I said. "We have a protractor."
"Okay, I'll go home and see if I can scrounge up a ruler and a piece of string."
Sep 20, 2014 5:10 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Minor cleaning in thread. Please address your comments to the episode and the show rather than other users. It is always better to watch an episode before commenting on it since that tends to focus attention on what is actually happening.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 20, 2014 5:27 PM

Sep 2008
Sailor Venus opens her mouth and talks. I die of HNNNNNNNNNGS.

With Ami Koshimizu as Jupiter and Shizuka Itou as Venus, this show can never do any wrong.

/hopelessfanboy
Sep 20, 2014 5:45 PM
Aug 2011
Yep the amount of close-up scenes really stood out like a sore thumb.

Random scenes focusing a lot on shoes, hands, wrists and talking off-screen while we could only see half their face. Stuff like that didn't make for a pleasant viewing experience this time around.
standSep 20, 2014 10:18 PM
Sep 20, 2014 6:57 PM

Sep 2014
Zoisite looked almost as cool as Fisheye when it comes to crossdressing.
Sep 20, 2014 8:03 PM

Aug 2014
I really liked this episode, it kept me from wanting to just drop the series. I also like the bit of usagi doing her moon healing escalation over the city, although i dont remember her having the ability to fly lol.
"Whatever happens, happens."

Sep 20, 2014 9:04 PM

Sep 2014
This episode didn't live up to the same quality as the last one. The scenes between Mamoru and Usagi didn't have the spark that I was hoping for. The close-up shots of them were just off and a bit distracting. I might have to read the manga and see if there were some changes.

[/center]
Sep 20, 2014 11:18 PM

Jul 2008
Okay two things bugged me this episode.

Usagi told Tuxedo Mask that she was the leader of the team, then she doesn't want to transform to reveal her identity?! She already revealed it to him!!!

2nd she goes from the top of the building to back to where she ran into Tuxedo Mask in no time? Does she have The Flash's powers or something?

Other than that, we have Moon Healing Escalation!
Sep 20, 2014 11:40 PM

Feb 2014
Artemis (◠﹏◠)
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Sep 21, 2014 12:49 AM

Feb 2010
"I don't have powers like Jupiter, Mercury, or Mars. I'm the leader. I'm supposed to protect everyone."

"How did you know I was Sailor Moon?"

Um, Usagi, you already practically revealed that you're Sailor Moon before you transformed. I really hate to say this, since I like you and stuff, but that was a really dumb move.

But other than that, this was a rather decent episode (Definitely not the best one, but still pretty good).
Sep 21, 2014 3:41 AM

Apr 2012
SweetCoconut said:

We got a brief appearance from Venus and Artemis huh? And its pleasant to watch Usagi and Mamoru moments <3

It isn't Usagi.
HanaeXSep 21, 2014 3:45 AM
Sep 21, 2014 7:12 AM

Mar 2009
I need to reread the corresponding manga chapter for this episode. Something feels a bit different about Usagi and Mamoru's meeting.
Hahaha... Usagi wondering how he knows that she is SailorMoon. Episode 5 recap: He went to her room to lead her to Makoto who was in danger. Shouldn't she have started wondering about that then? XD

Apart from that, I think the studio should have given (a little bit) more airtime to the fight scene between the Sailor Scouts and Zoisite. And the animation of Zoisite getting hit by Moon Healing Escalation was a bit strange...

On the plus side, we got a brief glimpse of Sailor V and Artemis. Can't wait to see more of them :)
zanpakutoflamesSep 21, 2014 7:20 AM
Sep 21, 2014 8:41 AM

Jan 2011
after looking so close at his face many times "what... you are Tuxedo Mask???"
Sep 21, 2014 1:52 PM

Aug 2014
WolfWood37 said:

Usagi told Tuxedo Mask that she was the leader of the team, then she doesn't want to transform to reveal her identity?! She already revealed it to him!!!

i was thinking the same thing! lol
"Whatever happens, happens."

Sep 21, 2014 1:52 PM

Sep 2013
MoonXArtemis said:
yeah I know right?! They're moving ridiculously fast. Makes me wonder what they're going to come up with for the rest of the season. I just hope they don't try and squish the entire series in one season. 0_0#
are you srs? it's going at the same pace as the manga...?
Sep 21, 2014 1:53 PM

Sep 2013
j0x said:
lol Toei studio and their poor outsourced animations but still the story is enjoyable despite the animation quality dropping like crazy
it's improving IMO? ep 5 and 6 have certainly been better than the 2 & 3

ok the close ups, yes, lmao. but they are finally more expressive now... more facial expressions which were absent entirely before
Sep 21, 2014 1:59 PM

May 2013
Show keeps getting better and better. The art is still... meh.

I love how awkward/nervous Usagi is around Mamoru in this version. She can't deal with looking at him... his cute face overwhelms her.
Sep 21, 2014 3:10 PM

Jul 2013
So Tuxedo Mask has a large role in here, where he knows about Sailor Moon and wants to get the Legendary Silver Crystal as his motivation. Queen Beryl won't give up until she gets that crystal.

As always the villains loses the battle and retreated to their world. It felt repetitive when doing this in every episode. Though I think is just enhancing their strength to fight them. Guess the next episode will focus on Tuxedo Mask now.

Sep 21, 2014 8:24 PM

Mar 2013
Most episodes are very similiar to each other...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 21 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2015

41 by Eziprez »»
Feb 24, 7:25 PM

» Am I the only one who finds Sailor Moon more "traditionally girly" than Tokyo Mew Mew?

removed-user - Jan 18

1 by a0t3a »»
Jan 19, 2:38 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2015

40 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 2, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 6, 2015

37 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2015

32 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Jan 1, 2:09 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.