Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Sep 20, 2014 12:36 PM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Aqua-11 said:

http://melllllly.tumblr.com/post/97962313154 translation

"There will be an original anime arc from October onwards. Mashima is in charge of the rough plot and character design. The name of the new character that will be featured in the arc is still a secret."

It's also being reported that the omake Sabertooth and She's Erza are being animated in October but when asked about 413 days and Natsu and Asuka he said “Fufufu. That’s still a secret.” http://melllllly.tumblr.com/post/97472767114

Yeah they will most likely add all of it which makes sense.

Also Mashima working on the story arc means it will be referenced in manga just like summoner arc was, makng it canon.

Pretty much. I can't wait to see what is gonna be the story for this arc
Sep 20, 2014 12:48 PM
Dec 2012
I can't remember the Starry Sky arc being mentioned in the manga? When did that happen?

I never consider anime only events as canon. That's just me though.
Sep 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2008
Aquamine-Amarine said:
I can't remember the Starry Sky arc being mentioned in the manga? When did that happen?

Yukino mentioned it as the ZENTOPIA incident and how it had made the Celestial Spirit mages even more rare than they already were
Sep 20, 2014 12:56 PM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Aquamine-Amarine said:

Yukino mentioned it as the ZENTOPIA incident and how it had made the Celestial Spirit mages even more rare than they already were

And certain thing from the story arc was shown on-panel.
Sep 20, 2014 1:00 PM

Apr 2008
Fai said:
Darklight0303 said:

And certain thing from the story arc was shown on-panel.

And Cobra's design
Sep 20, 2014 1:26 PM
Dec 2013
The feels in this episode... I tried as hard as I could not to cry and still failed ;(
Sep 20, 2014 1:43 PM

Feb 2014
Sep 20, 2014 3:25 PM

May 2010
ragglefraggles said:
This episode made me Ul...tear.
(silence)

Yeah :(

Lucy in a wedding dress next ep? :O
I wonder what thats about....
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 20, 2014 3:59 PM

Feb 2014
Ive been waiting for that scene to be animated since I read it.

Whoa them feels ; Farewell , Ultear may you rest in peace.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Sep 20, 2014 5:08 PM

Jan 2011
Surprised Natsu didn't recognize the familar smell. Guess he was busy throwing up.

Speaking about, what was that "stop relying on others"? Wtf? Natsu is the one who busts them out again and again. Also, Natsu should try riding. If he gets along good enough with the horse, it might stop. Though given that he gets it even when Lucy is carrying him..

I wonder if we ever saw Natsu getting carried by Carla or Pantherlily and whether he was motion sick then too..
Sep 20, 2014 5:11 PM

Apr 2008
NwAurion said:
Surprised Natsu didn't recognize the familar smell. Guess he was busy throwing up.

Speaking about, what was that "stop relying on others"? Wtf? Natsu is the one who busts them out again and again. Also, Natsu should try riding. If he gets along good enough with the horse, it might stop. Though given that he gets it even when Lucy is carrying him..

I wonder if we ever saw Natsu getting carried by Carla or Pantherlily and whether he was motion sick then too..

Natsu can ride animals just fine. It's vehicles that are the problem
Sep 20, 2014 10:22 PM

Dec 2011
Ultear. >.<

Next episode, can't wait to see them return to Magnolia... and a confrontation between Mavis and Zeref!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2014 11:03 PM

Mar 2012
Ultear... ;_____;

And Zeref appearing again next time!!! *0*
I've been waiting for that for a LONG time!
Sep 20, 2014 11:08 PM
Mar 2014
Poor gray, and those Ultear feels !
Sep 21, 2014 4:09 AM

Mar 2011
I guess that is the closest thing we will ever see to an actual death in this anime. But I wouldn't be surprised if they brought her back through some magic shinazzles. It is just hard to believe Fairy Tail gave feels without immediately making everything ok again.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Sep 21, 2014 5:28 AM

Apr 2012
I am going to miss Ultear...Her sacrifice wasn't in vain
Sep 21, 2014 6:42 AM

Dec 2013
Stop the carriage!
*head shake*
Aw fk it nvm.
Sep 21, 2014 10:14 AM

Apr 2013
All board the feel train. TT^TT
Sep 21, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2008
Mr7Beans said:
OK i have been wondering for a while now, will we see Gildarts in the next arcs or not?

Nope not unless he's in the upcoming filler arc
Sep 21, 2014 3:50 PM

Aug 2013
So many feels this episode. I hope they find a way to restore Ul back to her old self.
My Candies:
Sep 21, 2014 5:18 PM

Dec 2012
Poor Gray-sama TT^TT
I really wanted to give him a hug.
Sep 22, 2014 1:19 AM

Jul 2013
TehWhiteTiger said:
I guess that is the closest thing we will ever see to an actual death in this anime. But I wouldn't be surprised if they brought her back through some magic shinazzles. It is just hard to believe Fairy Tail gave feels without immediately making everything ok again.

Maybe it's just me but I think Ultear's fate is more tragic than outright death. Just imagine getting old by yourself counting the days till you died, knowing that you can't see your friends anymore. Not to mention that she was probably still unaware that her magic caused an important turning point in the battle against the dragons, she only knew she failed yet somehow everything turned out fine.
Sep 22, 2014 3:09 AM

Apr 2013
Would the penalty game between FT A and B be animated?

It looks a very fun chapter... :)

Sep 22, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2014
I CRIED.
I haven't cried this much from a show in a LONG time. Especially Fairy Tail.
My God, I can't express how much I absolutely love Gray's backstory with Ultear, and his overall relationship/story involving Ultear. It's by far my favorite out of all the stories in Fairy Tail.
The main theme for his story, too, is one of my favorites.

Fairy Tail has never actually managed to make me cry. I've choked up a lot and maybe teared up once but, that's it. This time I just full out cried like a little baby. I love this show. I'm so glad that dragon Arc is over and it's getting back to it's classic overall feel.
Sep 22, 2014 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
At first i had two thoughts on my mind while watching this episode, 1: What happened to Ultear, and 2: WHY ARE WE WATCHING AN OLD LADY THIS EPISODE!

And we got answers to both. This episode was actually really go i'm kinda glad they "hinted" at who the old lady is then, downright making some complicated "oh She's blank and make the viewers feel like idiots" even though we all know who it is.
Well that's all i have to say on that.

Cobra has something planned that's for sure, although of what i know happens soon (due to a damnable manga spoiler) it probably won't be good.

Overall this was actually a GOOD episode IMO, i hope to see more stuff like this in this season.
Argue? Nah Too lazy For That...
Are You Ready!~Gulcasa
Sep 23, 2014 2:49 PM
Oct 2013
lol Lucy without thighhighs looks so funny. It's not the first time they forgot to draw them.

Sep 24, 2014 3:20 AM

Apr 2009
blfan said:
We hit the big 200 a milestone event, and it is this emotional episode that me so sad especially at the end.

On the bright side, Ultear is alive so she knows she did good with giving back a minute, at least I hope she does. The down side, Ultear is an old lady, the Ultear we all know and love is dead. Looks like Gray, Jellal, and Meredy, they all think she is dead, and that is what she wants.

We also find out, the memories of the council have been altered and Doranbolt as this hex powers, I think he used that power to get on the council, I think maybe he is a reform ex con who is trying to right his wrongs and no one remembers him. Anyway Cobra went back to jail willingly, I guess there is a honor because he didn't live up to his end of the bargin and slay a dragon, he wants to protects the rest of the Oracion Seis from the gates of hell, which could mean Tartarus the final dark guild of the Ballem Alliance.

Anyway the ending was so sad especially the part when Gray said he lost both mother and daughter, I do like that moment seeing Jellal be all big brother to Meredy, that is nice seeing that side of him, it does mirror Erza because she is pretty the big sister of Fairy Tail, anyway Ultear you will be missed, hopefully we will see her again, and be back to younger self, maybe someone can figure something out. It can't end like Hiro. Great episode eventhough it made me cry. Happy 200 Fairy Tail the same week we celebrate 400 chapters.

Next week, Fairy Tail is back home and for once everyone in town loves them, also looks like Lucy is getting married. Mavis and Zereff square off.

Gray feeling that warmth given by Ultear :(
Ultear's letter ;_; telling how she has only a short time to live. Turning into an old lady from using the spell.
Gray realizing that the old lady is Ultear. How he was saved by her and that she was an important existence. Gray crying.
Ultear to be able to be happy that she is alive and her crimes forgiven. Her smiles were really beautiful :/

as someone said they dont think shes dead xd but the one they knew is dead shes a old lady only gray really knows about
Sep 24, 2014 3:21 AM

Apr 2009
MoeGod said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

Maybe it's just me but I think Ultear's fate is more tragic than outright death. Just imagine getting old by yourself counting the days till you died, knowing that you can't see your friends anymore. Not to mention that she was probably still unaware that her magic caused an important turning point in the battle against the dragons, she only knew she failed yet somehow everything turned out fine.

she could see her friends nothing stopped her from telling them shes old etc... but i doubt she knows she turned the battle

Hime-In-A-Box said:
I CRIED.
I haven't cried this much from a show in a LONG time. Especially Fairy Tail.
My God, I can't express how much I absolutely love Gray's backstory with Ultear, and his overall relationship/story involving Ultear. It's by far my favorite out of all the stories in Fairy Tail.
The main theme for his story, too, is one of my favorites.

Fairy Tail has never actually managed to make me cry. I've choked up a lot and maybe teared up once but, that's it. This time I just full out cried like a little baby. I love this show. I'm so glad that dragon Arc is over and it's getting back to it's classic overall feel.

agree

Iolo said:
So many feels this episode. I hope they find a way to restore Ul back to her old self.

as much as id love that she got a good ending , i do wish she told them shes old etc.. and she knew she turned the tide of the battle tho and stopped many from death

only gray really knew shes the old lady

his story with UI is amazing
Sep 24, 2014 8:36 AM

Feb 2012
The fuck? Mashima killed the second hottest character in FT after Erza in such cruel way. I'll kill myself.
Sep 24, 2014 12:05 PM

Aug 2012
It was a nice episode, perfect for the 200th episode.
Sep 24, 2014 8:20 PM

Jul 2010
Dem Ultear feels hitted pretty hard. The OST obviously plays a major role for the drama in FT but I think it was quite well done this time around. Luckily at least Gray has noticed her. I don't think it would be right if she'd find a cure to restore her body, it would ruin her sacrifice, although I think it's very likely that she will appear in the future some other time, perhaps to help FT. We know Mashima isn't this cruel.
Sep 24, 2014 11:18 PM

Sep 2014
I feel a filler arc coming =[

But in topic, great adaptation of the chapter. Nice to see the little side interactions with Gray and Wendy. It never really occurred to me that she didn't know his story until now.

Glad to see the Ultear stuff over with. She wasn't a bad character or anything, but I have been ready to see her off for a while. This was the perfect end to her character arc.

EDIT: Yep, Hiro has confirmed next arc is filler on his Twitter.
Man_of_TomorrowSep 25, 2014 12:39 AM
Sep 26, 2014 8:11 AM

Dec 2011
Holy crap... that's... that's... that's freaking grandma version of Ultear and I'm sure of it! Using the time of her life probably made her an old lady hence she's a grandma now.

RIP Natsu... XD

LOL, they had their memories revised and they think it was all an illusion XD.

Jeez... interesting that Cobra surrendered and went back to jail... to save the demon generals O.o?

Hahaha, dem drawing skills that Erza posses are really epic XD.

Dat grandma Ultear handing Jellal and Meldy that letter moment T.T

Awwww, Gray realized that the grandma was Ultear T.T

Gray crying made me shed manly man tears as well T.T

Next episode Zeref vs Mavis :o
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 26, 2014 9:40 AM

Jul 2010
TehWhiteTiger said:

Wait....what about future Lucy, she was basically killed and completely onscreen too. Fairy Tail's no sadist like Mashima's previous series but I think he's still killed enough characters without having weird asspulls. Ultear on the other hand, is going through a fate worse than death, she has to spend the rest of her life in complete solitude and die decades and decades before her loved ones do.

Also...lovely Tartaros metioned....this is going to be the longest filler arc for me because I just so badly want that arc to get over here. Once it finally does...it better get animated 10x better than GMG, I will not stand for Fairy Tail's usual mediocre animation to plague all those kickass fight scenes...
Sep 26, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2007
Ah yeah great... loved the ep and readed the manga chap beyond it alrdy but when that music was playing at the end where Ultear and Gray met it just broke my heart.
Sayonara Ultear, you where awesome :')
Sep 28, 2014 3:33 AM

Nov 2013
This episode was so beautiful! <3 <3
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Sep 28, 2014 4:40 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was kinda boring,the next one looks pretty funny.

Oct 2, 2014 8:36 AM

Apr 2013
Very nice episode, although it was very quiet.

Actually, I liked Ultear and it's kind of sad what happend.
Oct 10, 2014 7:07 AM

May 2010
That's Ultear, sad to see her in obaa-san form... Wait Ultear didn't deny Gray being cool. Guess the new staff like GrayTear as well as Gruvia (Speaking of that, it makes me sad that no one in the new staff ships GrayLu sigh)

Ah my team Natsu moments, how I missed thee...

What a design xD

Ultear... Right in the feels. She was definitely among my favs... Too sad.

11/10
Oct 11, 2014 5:46 PM

Jan 2012
very quiet episode.

Oct 17, 2014 5:22 PM

Mar 2010
It was nice that ultear forgave herself, but its a shame she considered her spell a failure.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 23, 2014 12:55 PM

Apr 2013
Great 200th episode, but poor Ultear :,(
Oct 25, 2014 11:26 AM

Jul 2014
the feels is strong with this one ;3;
Nov 1, 2014 7:36 AM
Jul 2013
Goodbye Ultear. :'(
. . .
Dec 9, 2014 8:28 PM

Jun 2011
Ultear.. ): I don't care if it ruins her great sacrifice or something, I hope she comes back sometime later, and that they found a way to bring her back to her young self maybe. What happened to her left a bitter taste, that I'd rather she stayed dead instead.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 20, 2014 2:57 AM

Oct 2014
OH GOD THE FEELS.

ULTEEEAAAAR.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2015 8:11 PM
AnimeLover

Aug 2011
Good episode and pretty deep feels there, but I wish she could of known that she saved lives and even the world with that 1 minute time rewind.
Jan 10, 2015 8:59 PM

Nov 2014
Did anyone else notice at the very beginning, the guy acting like Dumbledore? xD The was pointing his wand thing at a lamp just like Dumbledore from the first Harry Potter movie.
Feb 1, 2015 2:35 PM
Dec 2014
The feels. Damn that was sad. Especially when Gray knew who it was. :(
Feb 7, 2015 8:46 AM

Aug 2013
Already hit with the feels while reading the manga.
The anime already foreshadow granny before giving the letter so there was less surprise.
But once again I love Ultear's voice.. I don't mind hearing her narration at all day long. XD
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.