Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (68) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 1, 2014 7:36 PM

Mar 2013
Well, if believing that helps you sleep at night...

I just find it strange that despite actively encouraging spamming, I don't even get a warning, but I do have a warning for making a backhanded joke about cliche'd threads that was somehow interpreted as "backseat modding"
Nov 2, 2014 4:30 AM

Nov 2013
fst said:
Shigatsu says fuck you.
Don't care.

LH2 > Shigatsu.
Nov 2, 2014 10:56 AM

May 2014
BotatoPriest said:
fst said:
Shigatsu says fuck you.
Don't care.

LH2 > Shigatsu.

GARO,Bahamut>Parasyte>Fate,Shigatsu>Karen Senki, Inou Battle, LH> WIXOSS, Psycho-Pass 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fate/ Unlimited Words Works

Fite me!
Nov 2, 2014 11:17 AM

Jun 2013
T3hSource said:
BotatoPriest said:
Don't care.

LH2 > Shigatsu.

GARO,Bahamut>Parasyte>Fate,Shigatsu>Karen Senki, Inou Battle, LH> WIXOSS, Psycho-Pass 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fate/ Unlimited Words Works

Fite me!

You stole my ratings wtf.
Nov 2, 2014 11:31 AM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:
BotatoPriest said:
Don't care.

LH2 > Shigatsu.
Fate UBW >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LH2 > Parasyte > Bahamut > PP2 > Garo >= WIXOSS

Fite me!
Fixed.
Nov 2, 2014 12:08 PM

Feb 2010
Mushishi >> Parasyte >>> Deadly Sins > Bahamut >>> rest
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 2, 2014 12:47 PM

Mar 2013
Nov 2, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2014
Cross Ange is underrated. The most recent episode had 4 "accidental" simulations of oral sex within like 10 mins. How can anything be more anime of the season?
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 2, 2014 1:02 PM

Nov 2013
fst said:
GRISAIA > ALL
Grisaia had a very decent first episode.

It has been downhill ever since. Well at least the comedy is good.
Nov 2, 2014 1:24 PM

Mar 2013
BotatoPriest said:
fst said:
GRISAIA > ALL
Grisaia had a very decent first episode.

It has been downhill ever since. Well at least the comedy is good.

20deep40u
Nov 2, 2014 2:03 PM

Apr 2012
well cross ange still has more character development than mahouka ever had.

Nov 2, 2014 2:09 PM

May 2014
I even saw how Cross Ange got To-Love Ru'd lel

Anyhow GARO, is underrated.

Unfortunately i can't say WIXOSS is underrated anymore, since it's Okada still not having any idea how to do stuff or have some semblance of an overarching plot. Or it's the director that just likes the melodrama too much.

Shigatsu overdramatizes everything. Kousei's inner struggle is pretty damn relatable though.

Psycho-Pass showed its true edge just now, which as cringy as it is, it shows its honest true colors without the need for incessant quoting.

Inou Battle is fun for what it is: school club comedy with otaku/chuuni jabs, and solid SoL.

Limiting myself to the good shows this season is turning out pretty well.

Fate, take some lessons from GARO! Exposition dumping? Well, have the heroes go to a place for a short battle and use that to enhance the MC's resolve to train lel.
Nov 2, 2014 2:14 PM

Apr 2012
i think i might just pick up GARO now.

Nov 2, 2014 2:31 PM

Mar 2013
T3hSource said:
Shigatsu overdramatizes everything. Kousei's inner struggle is pretty damn relatable though.

And here I would have thought you would rip into that, the most overdramatized thing in the whole show.
Nov 2, 2014 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
Zeally said:

Do it :D. It has a solid premise that's been done 100 times before but it's seeming like it knows how to do it the best. Everything is delivered at an excellent pace and doesn't stuff around on stupid things.
The only problem is that 2fps CGI.
Nov 2, 2014 4:59 PM

Sep 2011
Zeally said:
DO IT, seriously that show needs way more viewers, how can people live without knowing herman's manliness

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 3, 2014 7:04 AM

Nov 2013
Garo is love.
Nov 3, 2014 2:13 PM

Feb 2010
Garo definitely has the best Opening animation of the season. Only seen 5 episodes of Garo but I must have watched the OP ten times as often already.
The series itself is of course also good.
Nov 3, 2014 2:53 PM

Sep 2011
opening wise i think this season is pretty weak, argevollen's 2nd op, the last like 20 seconds of shingeki's and a guilty pleasure of parasytes are the only ones i particularly like

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 3, 2014 2:57 PM

Nov 2013
JizzyHitler said:
opening wise i think this season is pretty weak, argevollen's 2nd op, the last like 20 seconds of shingeki's and a guilty pleasure of parasytes are the only ones i particularly like

your lie in april, fate/stay night, and psycho pass 2 all have great openings too imo (also mushishi if u count that since its been around for a while now)
Nov 3, 2014 3:01 PM

Sep 2011
i really dislike shigatsu opening tbh, its singer sounds so off tempo with the rest of the song, never heard fates but psycho pass' was a big dissaspointment in regards to how the first op was by the same people, i really like the ED though even if its weaker than the past 2

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 3, 2014 3:10 PM

Aug 2014
Garo is alright. So far we're getting Horror of the week with sparse story development. Pacing is fine, and while there's nothing particularly wrong with the show, it's not outstanding either. I'm sure it'll pick up when the main cast assembles. I have it on par with Bahamut and Chaika.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 3, 2014 3:52 PM

Jun 2013
I'm a sucker for that Hollywood Undead-esque Bahamut OP. It just gets me pumped up ready for some fun action.
Nov 3, 2014 5:10 PM

Mar 2013
There's a few good openings but no great openings.
Nov 3, 2014 6:10 PM

Sep 2011
fst said:
pretty much, which is dissapointing to me, its always great when you like a show and like the opening as well, it usually has you coming back to look it up post watch and generally helps you appreciate in recollection, of course not always and never to great extent but its always welcome to have a good one.

Also plenty of 2 cour shows this season, so were gonna get another wave of that next season which will hopefully have better openings, sure hoping durarara's has one even remotely as good as the first 2 and desperately hoping for a replacement of stand proud for jojo, its ok nothing bad but in comparison to the amazingness that were 2012's openings its a big let down, i can still listen to bloody storm with the same excitement as the first time i heard it

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 3, 2014 6:37 PM

Feb 2010
Imo it's a fairly good season for OPs. There's the usual amount of bad, decent and good ones but visually there's the Garo OP and in terms of music the Instrumental OP of Akatsuki no Yona that really appealed to me. And Mushishi Zoku Shou still has one of my favorite openings ever.
Nov 3, 2014 9:10 PM

Apr 2012
UBW probably is my favorite OP

Akatsuki no Yona has a very good instrumental OP.

Parasyte OP- a bit too "synthy" for me (kinda expected of Fear and Loathing), but I'm a sucker for mindless growling lol. Reminds me a lot of Just Awake- HXH ED.

The rest is pretty forgettable.

Nov 4, 2014 4:17 AM

Nov 2013
fst said:
Wut.

Parasyte OP is best OP.
Nov 4, 2014 7:19 AM

Feb 2010
The autotune in the Parasyte OP literally gave me ear cancer in episode 1 and since then I've been skipping the Parasyte OP. It's rare that I'm unable to watch an Opening but that one managed it xD.
Well, the part in the Judge End OP that were autotuned did the same. Now that I think of most if not all of their anime songs do :>. It was particularly hard in Brynhildr since the first OP was one of my favorites and then they came along and I had to skip it every time. They're the exception though.

I still think Fear and Loathing is a much better movie than it is a band.
I didn't even enjoy their song in HxH despite all my bias so yeah. Their synthy, autotuned songs are just the opposite of anything I'd consider good music (or even music to begin with). I really don't hear anything but a cacophony when I hear one of their songs :/. I'd really like for them to not get so many anime OPs, especially since they seem to be the thing to cast for shows that cater to my taste and I usually enjoy watching the OP of my favorites each time but I just can't with their songs.
In conclusion they might be the one anime song band that I enjoy the least out of all of them and I'm afraid they will get more jobs to work on some of my favorites in the future because everybody seems to love them -.-
Nov 4, 2014 7:47 AM

Mar 2013
BotatoPriest said:
fst said:
Wut.

Parasyte OP is best OP.

Well, I'm very sorry that I don't watch shit.
Nov 4, 2014 7:50 AM

Jan 2013
Bahamut's OP bests all OPs this season. Shigatsu's OP is ranked secound though, it's pretty good and fits in the anime's atmosphere.
Nov 4, 2014 9:27 AM

Feb 2010
-Klad- said:
Bahamut's OP bests all OPs this season. Shigatsu's OP is ranked secound though, it's pretty good and fits in the anime's atmosphere.

I am loving Bahamuts OP more and more with each episode. That's the good kind of growling/screaming song.
Nov 4, 2014 11:42 AM

Sep 2011
I like the song for bahamut but i feel like visually it detracts, like im glad they hadded filters and different things to the footage from the show but ide much rather of there been a new animation specifically made to match the song

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 4, 2014 1:07 PM

Nov 2013
By the way is anyone watching World Trigger? What are your thoughts on it so far? (besides the obviously poor production values).
Nov 5, 2014 4:02 AM

Jan 2011
Guys go check out Fastening Days, not only was it was pretty damn entertaining for an advertisement, but it also has a certain charm that so many other series are lacking.
Nov 5, 2014 4:06 AM

Mar 2008
ReaperCreeper said:
Guys go check out Fastening Days, not only was it was pretty damn entertaining for an advertisement, but it also has a certain charm that so many other series are lacking.
You had me thinking it was a whole show. Looks worth the time. I'll try and get around to it.
Nov 5, 2014 4:56 AM

Feb 2010
BotatoPriest said:
By the way is anyone watching World Trigger? What are your thoughts on it so far? (besides the obviously poor production values).

I like Kuga and he's kinda carrying the show for me at the moment. I enjoy his attitude and how he pwned that horrible girl last episode verbally. Aside from him though I don't care much about the show, though the parallell world concept is always kinda interesting (or at least has the potential to become interesting).
6/10 so far.
Nov 5, 2014 6:22 AM

Mar 2008
On the OP talk from earlier - Build Fighters Try would be my top pick. Catchy blood-pumping song and dynamic (if cliche) visuals.
Nov 5, 2014 6:45 AM

Sep 2011
i cant wait until i watch build fighters, but i still got seed and age to suffer through as well as potentially love/hating 00/turn A, so far digging the latter but still got another 46 episodes to go and 00 seems like my sort of deal but you can never be sure

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 5, 2014 8:20 AM

Feb 2010
Yeah, I still want to watch more Gundam before I start the Build Fighters circlejerking ^^. At least CCA + Unicorn, possibly at least 1 of the alternate timelines as well.
It's always nice to have some guaranteed enjoyment on the backlog though.
Nov 5, 2014 8:24 AM

Mar 2008
Ok, but don't let my HYPE blind you guys to the truth. It's a pretty superficial show which is literally just kids having a good time battling hotbloodedly as an excuse for Bandai/Sunrise to showcase gunpla and give us mountains of gundam robot/homage service.

But it's about as good as an entertainment package can get, I think, so my love is unquenchable.
Nov 5, 2014 10:34 AM

Sep 2011
Ckan said:
Ok, but don't let my HYPE blind you guys to the truth. It's a pretty superficial show which is literally just kids having a good time battling hotbloodedly as an excuse for Bandai/Sunrise to showcase gunpla and give us mountains of gundam robot/homage service.

But it's about as good as an entertainment package can get, I think, so my love is unquenchable.
i am perfectly ok with this

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Yeah, I still want to watch more Gundam before I start the Build Fighters circlejerking ^^. At least CCA + Unicorn, possibly at least 1 of the alternate timelines as well.
It's always nice to have some guaranteed enjoyment on the backlog though.
Definetly try getting on CCA + unicorn one day soon, while sadly i am not one of them alot of people really love CCA and unicorn generally is pretty beloved (that i thankfully am a part of) and is probably one of the most respectful,tributes to anything i have ever seen(seriously the care and respect the writer does to the world and characters is insane), also try giving the unbelievably under rated war in the pocket a go around,

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 5, 2014 10:56 AM

Feb 2010
Ckan said:

Hey, I've heard a lot of people who love the show, even people who are not as inherently in love with Gundam as you are so you're not my only source of hype for the show ^^.

@Jizzy: Yeah I definitely will get around to them before the year ends. I'm just watching way too many series and franchises at the same time and it's kinda exhausting.

On that note I've been thinking of completely stopping to keep up with seasonals starting next season. I used to enjoy the variety of watching 5 different episodes of 5 different shows each day of the week, but lately it has just been tiring me out and I feel like the good old days of focusing on only a handful of series at a time. I've been starting random marathons just to forget about the overwhelming amount of weekly shows xD.
Maybe my time with the seasonals has passed :/
Nov 5, 2014 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
I've been having my suspicions based on the OP visuals for Parasyte... Just watched episode 5, FUCK!

Not cool.
Nov 5, 2014 2:59 PM

Sep 2011
the opening made that turn of events way too god damn obvious, it was still an exceptional episode but i am baffled why they included such a big giveaway. You know spoilers in openings are only cool when you hide them so you only notice it when said spoiler has come and past, say what you will about zankyou no terror whether you oved it or hated it, thats an example of spoilers in an opening correctly, every single major plot point event and character fate was shown throughout the opening yet you wouldnt really catch them until post watch.

Also time to bite the potential bullet and watch fate, i have no clue how this is gonna go

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 5, 2014 3:24 PM

Jun 2013
Serves you guys right for not skipping that cancerous OP :D
Nov 5, 2014 4:15 PM

Sep 2011
that opening bizarrely enough grew on me to the point where i like it, the auto tune really doesnt bother me after getting used to it and the screams are generally pretty on point, i think generally its the instrumental that sells it for me, id prefer way better vocals but the instruments alone carry it.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 5, 2014 8:04 PM

Mar 2008
This is why I try not to "watch" OPs and EDs of adaptations until we're long past those likely spoiled events.

How'd you find Fate, Jizzy?

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
Hey, I've heard a lot of people who love the show, even people who are not as inherently in love with Gundam as you are so you're not my only source of hype for the show ^^.
Of course, my caveat aside, I hope everybody comes to enjoy the glorious soul that is Build Fighters.

Higashi_no_Kaze said:
@Jizzy: Yeah I definitely will get around to them before the year ends. I'm just watching way too many series and franchises at the same time and it's kinda exhausting.

On that note I've been thinking of completely stopping to keep up with seasonals starting next season. I used to enjoy the variety of watching 5 different episodes of 5 different shows each day of the week, but lately it has just been tiring me out and I feel like the good old days of focusing on only a handful of series at a time. I've been starting random marathons just to forget about the overwhelming amount of weekly shows xD.
Maybe my time with the seasonals has passed :/
I can definitely sympathise with that, but each season always brings something so worth watching but you might skip over if you hadn't picked up that ridiuclous stack of airing shows. You also miss out on the discussion, and there's a certain energetic spark that comes to watching a show while it's still airing, I find.

But yeah, dropping all that to focus on some convenient marathons sounds like a pleasant sort of change.
Nov 5, 2014 8:50 PM

Mar 2013
Ckan said:
This is why I try not to "watch" OPs and EDs of adaptations until we're long past those likely spoiled events.

I guess you don't watch the Log Horizon openings then?

The second season is continuing the traditions set by the first season in terms of both choice of song and level of spoilerificness.
Nov 5, 2014 10:20 PM

Mar 2008
fst said:
I guess you don't watch the Log Horizon openings then?

The second season is continuing the traditions set by the first season in terms of both choice of song and level of spoilerificness.
Yep. I got spoiled on season one by other means, so the OP only reminded me of it, but S2 I've kept clear and things have gone fine for now. Missing out on the chatter between those in the know is the one downside to keeping spoiler-free though.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (68) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime Thought of The Day..? V.25: ded and forgotten

Botato - May 8, 2022

34 by ReaperCreeper »»
Apr 20, 8:08 PM

» If you could get every regular in the club to watch one anime of your choosing, what would you pick and why?

TripleSRank - Apr 8, 2017

45 by DreamingGhost »»
Jun 2, 2023 5:02 AM

» Anime Thought of The Day..? V.24: ded but not forgotten ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Paulo27 - Mar 10, 2018

9992 by Botato »»
May 10, 2022 10:54 AM

Sticky: » An Important Announcement To Lurkers

Kokko - Mar 15, 2015

30 by LeonhartAugust »»
Dec 27, 2018 8:16 PM

Sticky: » [OFFICIAL] O/U Simulwatch/read thread

Ckan - Oct 3, 2016

41 by LeonhartAugust »»
Dec 27, 2018 8:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.