You want something a little older? Okay
http://myanimelist.net/anime/205/Samurai_Champloo
Aug 21, 2016 12:34 PM

Jul 2015
Nominations still open?
Here you go.
Aug 21, 2016 1:58 PM

Dec 2013
This is going to be a really weird edition.
You sure about this @Shuuka ?
Aug 21, 2016 1:59 PM

Aug 2014
hmm by the older part i mean that we could do things that arent just recent seasonals

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Aug 21, 2016 2:00 PM

Aug 2014
Hibbington said:

yeah its what we came up with. just anime that could go well with AG

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Aug 21, 2016 2:06 PM

Dec 2013
Shuuka said:
Hibbington said:

Well I don't think either Hanasaku Iroha, Ping Pong, Madoka Magica, and Samurai Champloo represent AG or cohesively work together.
It seems like a very wishy washy edition instead of being anything special. This is too random.
Aug 21, 2016 7:48 PM

Aug 2014
Hibbington said:
Shuuka said:

Well I don't think either Hanasaku Iroha, Ping Pong, Madoka Magica, and Samurai Champloo represent AG or cohesively work together.
It seems like a very wishy washy edition instead of being anything special. This is too random.

those were just suggestions thought? its not like we confirmed them or anything

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Aug 22, 2016 2:42 AM

Jul 2015
Hibbington said:

That's why a bunch of us over in MAC sat down and discussed it together, so we could pick 5 things that actual had reason to represent the club. Anime that have won competitions, anime featured in our layouts, one of our big early group watch series, etc.

Plus we wanted one of MAC's to represent AG in a meaningful way as well, so as of now the idea is Re:Zero, since that's AG's latest AotS, and then I believe the plan is Shuuka is gonna do a Gekkan Shoujo one to represent MAC, since that's a secondary mascot anime for us. So it'd be up to you guys to pick 4 more.

I'll help out if need be of course, but like I said earlier I already was a big part in deciding MAC's so it only seems fair that I leave AG's up to others.
BenienmaAug 22, 2016 2:48 AM
Aug 30, 2016 5:00 PM

Dec 2013
So the voice channels haven't been used much recently, I might go in there depending if I get an itch to catch up on shows tomorrow or Thursday.
Sep 17, 2016 1:51 PM

Dec 2013
Sometimes is our newest addition to our team and as you know that means another character relation needing to be bestowed and the choice is - https://myanimelist.net/character/105885/Kyouma__Mabuchi
Sep 17, 2016 3:30 PM

Jul 2015
Oh shit. Welcome, Sometimes!

What's his job?
Oct 19, 2016 10:58 AM

Dec 2013
Today we have a new officer BlueSkylark and as always that means he gets a character relation to be bestowed upon and this time it is - https://myanimelist.net/character/18324/Zen_Wistalia_Clarines
Nov 26, 2016 10:25 AM

Dec 2013
I'm going to try doing this for SOTW and see if it works out better.

@Silyon - November 27th
@Forgotten_Memo - December 4th
@Shuuka - December 11th
@Mystifire - December 18th
@HaXXspetten - December 25th
Nov 26, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
O_o What a coincidence, Silyon's turn falls on his birthday.
Nov 26, 2016 11:04 AM

Aug 2014
LOL really

△ ▼ △
Deliveries
Anime Guild
Inquiries
Set by Nate
▲ ▽ ▲
Nov 26, 2016 11:06 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Should pick this song then: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuA1ikIOqJY
Nov 27, 2016 5:47 AM

Jul 2015
yeahhhh no
Dec 4, 2016 6:41 AM

Dec 2013
@Rayaxe

When your put into a position of leadership like I am with the Anime Guild.
There are times where you have to make tough decisions and today I've done just that with ending the tenure of Rayaxe as an admin of the Anime Guild.

We've had a lot of conversations throughout 2016 about his lack of activity and him wishing he could do more but opportunities never came.
He was an admin with us for 16 months. He is someone who I felt there was untapped potential in regardless of his detractors.
I really wish I could of seen more of it but hopefully there was things that was learned here that will help him during the rest of his life.
Life in itself is always a learning experience and you have to take what you can get and for me Anime Guild is where I've continued to grow as person and a leader and I hope knowledge learnt here is something that we all can get out of this.
Dec 4, 2016 8:16 AM

Jan 2014
It's kl, I left a message for you @Hibbington

I'd like to thank you guys for all your work, I felt guilty not contributing, and I was going to step down anyway, since I can't be active and keep up on my work load right now.

I'm still going to be a member, and I'm going to be more active after my exams are all done and I get into my choice of university, if you guys ever need anything feel free to ask, admin or not, I wanna see this club grow and thrive!!!

I'll make a comeback tho ;D
Ray for admin 2k18
Gimme a Llama on DeviantArt: https://rayaxe2.deviantart.com/
Be who you wanna be ~ Barbie girl
Dec 12, 2016 11:39 AM

Jul 2015
So it's about time that the next song competition starts, the All-time Ending Competition. I've thought about how some tweaks to the current format could make it fresher and more interesting. Yet I don't want to change it without the approval of the club officers.

I have two new concepts, which I'll briefly explain, and hope that you vote for one of the options (even if it's the third one).

1. BlueSkylark's format

36 endings are nominated for the competition and split up into 6 groups (6x6). Every club member is then allowed to vote for three songs in every group. Once the vote ends, every 1st and 2nd seed advances to the next round and the third seats fight in a separate group for two spots in the next groups.

After they're placed into the groups like described in the picture, the amount of votes is reduced to 2. Both the first and the second seed advance to the semifinals, where the amount stays 2. Both first seeds qualify for the finals and the the 2nd seeds clash in a separate match against each other. The winner has to fight against both 1st seeds in the finals. So it ends as a 1v1v1.

My format:

I hope the picture says enough. 30 endings have to be nominated and split into 5 groups. The first three seeds (+ 1 extra) advance to the second round, where the first seeds are allowed to go for the first place, whereas the loser of the matches and the fifth and sixth seed could go for the third or fourth place.

So the three available options are:
1. Skylark's format
2. my format
3. the old format

Please decide until tomorrow 23:00 CET with which format I should stick with. The reply can be either sent in this thread or via PM.

@BlueSkylark
@Burger-Meister
@duffy553
@elkensteyin
@Forgotten_Memo
@ghostreconspart
@HaXXspetten
@Hibbington
@LoneWizzy
@Meyneth
@Mystifire
@Schizoidmouse
@Shuuka
@Silyon
Bernkishi07Dec 12, 2016 12:00 PM
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Dec 12, 2016 12:05 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I honestly think either works fine
Dec 12, 2016 12:22 PM

Aug 2015
Hey guys,
just wanted to give a short thoughtprocess of why sometimes and me think that the group format is a better idea then Head to Head.(atleast from my point of view)

The biggest problem with going Head to Head from the 1st Round is that unfair pairings are a possibility that unfair pairings occur. Its like in the UEFA Champions League Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona would be in the Semi-Final. While on the other side its AS Monaco vs Benfica Lissabon. Doesn't matter who wins the final would probably be one sided and thats not the point of a Final.
I think that the strongest EDs should be in the Finals so we thought of group stages to decrease randomness in advancment due to lucky match-ups.
Dec 12, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2015
HaXXspetten said:
I honestly think either works fine

I need at least a tendency for one of the newer ones then. Unfortunately, I have to put the nominations tomorrow, so having a clear vote is easier for me.
Dec 12, 2016 12:42 PM

Jan 2015
the second one seems more fair.
Dec 12, 2016 12:50 PM

Jul 2015
Think I'll go with Blue's option.
Dec 12, 2016 12:54 PM

Apr 2015
In order of preference:
1. Sometimes' format
2. Skylark's format
3. the old format [I think we should definitely move away from this for the reasons Skylark outlined]
Dec 12, 2016 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
I'll go with BlueSkylark's option.
Dec 12, 2016 1:32 PM

Jan 2014
I'll go with whatever Sometimes-chan doesnt want...^_^
Dec 12, 2016 2:17 PM

Dec 2013
Well I'm going to vote for the old format because even though we like to make complicated things, that doesn't mean our members want to follow complicated things and when I look at those two formats it makes me feel a bit overwhelmed.
Dec 12, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2015
I've talked a bit with BlueSkylark about the loser bracket, which seems to be a pretty useless addition in his opinion, and could propose two matches as alternative to solve it. Though that would introduce the automatic elimination rule for repeated matches (two songs battle each other twice, no reason to repeat it, first winner advances).

Although that would make the "Grand Finals" disappointing if the rule kicks in and further complicate matters.
Dec 12, 2016 2:26 PM

Aug 2015
Atleast say why I think its useless. I mean after 10 rounds in your old plans there where only 4 possible winners left with 7 matches to go.

After talking with sometimes and to do a better semi-finale I thought of this:
After the Advanced Stage is done all 1st places advance. However the 2nd Places play another Group match like with the Mercy Group.
This time 2 out of 5 advance.
7 Left Thats a bad number, but at this point we can take the 1st place with the highest points and let him skip one round.
Then we have 3. 1 vs 1. and afterwards there are 4 left for a Semi-Final and a Final. ^^

BlueSkylarkDec 12, 2016 2:59 PM
Dec 12, 2016 2:36 PM

Dec 2013
Well I'll also like to mention something in the future for anyone here that wants to create a new feature or revised of a current feature. That you should consider the attention span of a normal MAL socialite that is apart of 30-50 clubs. That if you make something very complicated like those brackets it can be just pushed aside.

Now something that I'd like to know that isn't provided is the length of complication for both of the new formats.
Are we still going with every match-up taking 3 days? The old format made by Duffy had 31 matches ups, thus it took 93 Days.
HibbingtonDec 12, 2016 3:23 PM
Dec 12, 2016 2:42 PM

Aug 2015
Hibbington said:

Now something that I'd like to know that isn't provided is the length of complication for both of the new formats.
Are we still going with every match-up taking 3 days? The old format made by Duffy had 31 matches ups, thus it took 93 Days.

The matchups are fine we both would come at max at 19 matches. With 3 days voting we would come at 57 days with 4 days it would be around 76 days.
Dec 13, 2016 12:50 AM

Jul 2015
While the two new formats might be more fair and interesting yes, I do think Hibb has a point in that the more complex you make something, even just a little bit, the less likely people will participate or care because it requires more effort from them.

So honestly, my vote goes to the old format in the interest of keeping things simple for the general user. Otherwise I'd have to go with Blue's format as a second choice, cause to me it seems to be the one that's the most simple for people between the two.
Dec 13, 2016 2:21 AM

Aug 2015
Hmm I understand the complexity argument. However I don't think it will affect the user that much. For example how the tiers and pools work is for the most parts more relevant to the hosts. For the user it comes down to:
"Pick in order 3 out of 6", then "Pick in order 2 out of 5" then "Pick 1 out of 2".
Where it only was before "Pick 1 out of 2".
The complexity comes in when you want to strategize with your votes. The overview of how the current points are distributed is a lot harder than before, which makes it harder to see a clear winner as before.
So I think it's like that you have complexity but you don't need it to enjoy the tournement.
Like Pokemon you can still have fun without IV Breading or Shiny Hunting. xD
Dec 13, 2016 8:27 AM

Dec 2013
So for us to stay on schedule the thread needs to be made today so the final verdict must be decided with in the next couple of hours.

So currently with the votes that have been definitively casted we have

1. Blue's Format @Silyon and @Schizoidmouse
2. Sometimes's Format @ghostreconspart and @Forgotten_Memo
3. Then the Old Format @Mystifire and then myself Hibbington

So we are at a dead even tie.
Now to help strengthen my position about keeping the old format which is just using the normal 32 bracket system we do for the Seasonal Opening and Ending Competitions is that the two people supporting keeping the format are individuals who have been club managers in various clubs.

Thus what we are saying about the environment of the MAL community isn't just made up out of fabrications but is through almost 3 years of club management experience on MAL. So I do believe that should be respected.

Now another thing that strengthens my case to continue with the old format is we've already tried out one of your new systems @BlueSkylark and even the Bonus Point system lead to a lot of confusion of the PRC Department to have to deal with. I'd say these proposed system are even more complex than the Bonus Point system in the Character PRC.

So even though we can understand all of these new things we have to continue to look into the eyes of a normal member and try to understand their perspective of things if we are to continue our success as a club. We can continue to try and manipulate things to what we deem is fair but at the end of the day just like Arsenal has to do against Munich in the Champions League.

To be the man, you got to beat the man and the cream will rise to the top of a normal 32 bracket tournament like it has done time and time again.
Dec 13, 2016 9:12 AM

Jan 2014
I do agree that people have short attention span...In these forum event/competition things i value being fun and simple...Still,imo the old format is simple but not fun...

I choose Blue's thingy

1. Blue's Format Silyon,LW and Schizoidmouse
2. Sometimes's Format ghostreconspart and Forgotten_Memo
3. Old Format Mystifire and Hibbington

@HaXxspetten
Dec 13, 2016 9:17 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
As someone who watches a lot of esports, history has generally proven that the best bracket design for a balance between entertainment and fairness is a group stage followed by a double elimination bracket, and ultimately a grand finals without any winners bracket advantage. So at least in that sense, I would go with Sometimes' idea, but then I assume that you also include what you added in post #1080, otherwise it's not a complete bracket and the lower bracket would be quite useless without it indeed

Now one counterargument for this is that an OP/ED contest isn't a competitive sport in the same way, so the chances of a "revenge" happening in case a repeat matchup happens should be very low. However, in the annual best girls competition over in Namine's Café for example, I have actually seen it happen several times, and that's the same kind of contest. However, that's also a club with a lot more traffic than AG so the explanation for that is simply that it depended on which members happened to be visiting the clubs those particular days. So I'm not so sure that could happen here but we won't know until we try. But even if we get a repeat finals, that's still only one game. It's not like the bracket itself would be invalidated, just that the ending would be a little anti-climatic. However, if you go with a standard single elimination bracket and the two favorites run into each other in the first or second round, that's even more anti-climatic because then the entire rest of the bracket feels kind of pointless to an extent. Double elimination goes around the "bracket luck" issue

Face it, there is no "perfect" system here. But speaking partially from experience and partially on logical deduction, I would say Sometimes' system is probably the best (assuming you add the full double elimination format as you mentioned later), so that's what I'll vote for
Dec 13, 2016 10:01 AM

Dec 2013
I talked it out with Sometimes and we agreed that I'd concede my position of supporting the old format for Sometimes's format as I am more of a fan of the double elimination as long as it stays under 60 days of completion. Thus being the tie breaking vote and ending the voting period.

Thanks to all who participated and now it @Sometimes791 's turn to be great host for one of our main Winter Activities.
Dec 13, 2016 10:16 AM

Jan 2014
sounds good, hoep it works gud
Dec 14, 2016 5:35 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Btw just me or
Hibbington said:
I'm going to try doing this for SOTW and see if it works out better.

@Silyon - November 27th
@Forgotten_Memo - December 4th
@Shuuka - December 11th
@Mystifire - December 18th
@HaXXspetten - December 25th
has this been forgotten for like 2+ weeks now
Dec 14, 2016 5:54 AM

Dec 2013
@HaXXspetten

Oh yes it has and I've been well aware.
I was just waiting to see how long it would take for someone else to notice as a social experiment.
Dec 14, 2016 7:38 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
@Hibbington, well I just remembered that I was supposed to do it on Christmas Day (pretty easy date to remember) but yeah :s

Guess @Forgotten_Memo was the first to drop the ball then?
Dec 14, 2016 7:44 AM

Apr 2015
Ya I was preoccupied with too many other thoughts last week and completely forgot about it until Sunday night.
Dec 18, 2016 2:49 PM

Apr 2015
Anyone up for a VC on Tuesday (20 dec 1200Hish GMT)?
Dec 18, 2016 4:11 PM

Aug 2015
damn Memo that is early. xD
VC = Voice Chat ??
I should be home at around 2PM GMT. ^^'
Dec 18, 2016 4:54 PM

Apr 2015
Yup VC = Voice chat.
2pm+ish GMT seems fine for me as well :)
Dec 19, 2016 6:36 AM

Jul 2015
Sadly I will be at uni at that time so I can't join.
Dec 19, 2016 6:42 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I might be available, we'll see
Dec 31, 2016 8:23 PM

Dec 2013
Song of the Week Update Dates.

@BlueSkylark - January 1st
@Hibbington - January 8th
@duffy553 - January 15th
@Schizoidmouse - January 22nd
@elkensteyin - January 29th
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (24) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Spring 2024 Power Ranking Committee Sign-ups

Hibbington - Mar 13

44 by Tsuxken »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » 【Anime Guild】Discord Invitation Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hibbington - Aug 7, 2016

1280 by Hibbington »»
Apr 17, 10:19 AM

» [CLOSED] Winter 2024 AOTS Card Edition: BokuYaba Season 2

coziitsu - Apr 9

28 by coziitsu »»
Apr 14, 6:15 AM

Sticky: » [Toriyama Class] Power Ranking Committee Winter 2024: Part 4/4 FINALE

KANLen09 - Apr 9

1 by KANLen09 »»
Apr 9, 9:02 PM

Sticky: » Spring 2024 First Impressions Thread

AddaeAkono - Mar 31

19 by AddaeAkono »»
Apr 9, 1:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.