Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Major S2 Episode 9 Discussion

Oct 29, 2009 3:41 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally! Finally the old friends are united!
I hope Toshiya's words come true and they will play in the same team soon! =D

Hopefully at least in hight school Goro will be in a team with good teammates... The elementary and middle school teams are boring, only 1-2 interesting players and the rest are the ugly bystanders who sometimes hit big to prove all this "everyone can be great if he really tries"-stuff... >_>

Apr 13, 2010 4:10 AM

canis said:
Hopefully at least in hight school Goro will be in a team with good teammates... The elementary and middle school teams are boring, only 1-2 interesting players and the rest are the ugly bystanders who sometimes hit big to prove all this "everyone can be great if he really tries"-stuff... >_>

they're both going to Mifune High, so it'll be the same people plus Toshi and his friend. they may add one or two more, but I kinda doubt it.

I wonder how Komori will feel about being replaced as catcher?

Jan 22, 2012 9:58 PM
I like Komori as the catcher though. ): But it'll be nice to see how far they'll go with Toshiya catcher and leading Goro.

Apr 6, 2012 6:52 AM
FUCK YOU MC protection device! There are no words to describe how frustrated I am! Toshi got looked down, got rough past and even had his grand parents come to support and he still lost?! For MC that would be a power up over 9000 especially with all the supporting team mates! Why the hell Goro has to always win no matter what?! I hate MCs! Why only their dreams and determination come true?!

However, I felt VERY pleased when Goro got dominated at the end. Take that!

May 28, 2013 11:31 PM

Highest of highs and lowest of lows, time to begin again and to crush Kaidou.

Dec 8, 2013 4:09 PM

I just want Toshi and Goro to make the ultimate battery and dominate everyone...is that too much to ask?

Dec 9, 2013 11:26 PM

Haha, nice that Goro realized now that they are a lot of much better players out there than him. It's a competitive world afterall! But looking forward to his and Toshi's battery in the future.

Apr 2, 2014 11:35 PM

L O L like hell that guy was a middle schooler. That's dumb.

I really want to see Toshiya and Goro team up but I'm 99% sure that's not going to happen. Goro's gonna go to Kaidou.

May 27, 2014 6:39 AM

jacobpaige said:
I wonder how Komori will feel about being replaced as catcher?

YOU NAILED IT! I am looking forward to ToshiXGoro battery but.. I don't want Komori being left out. It's true that Toshi and Goro got acquainted with each other first and the reason why Goro did not quit baseball after his father died. But if we're going to talk about how often or how long they've been playing with each other building trusts, sharing team victories, through hardships, for better or for worst. I must say I go for Komori. YEAH! KOMORI!! >_<//

Plus, Toshi is getting on my nerves these last eps. I think I am biased. Lol.

But maybe, Toshi is somewhat special for Goro since he's the very first one he got to play with during his childhood days.

Plus, if you're gonna combine Toshi's strategic plays and Goro's athletic and well-conditioned body, I wonder how far can they go.

Maybe I am just being too emotional with the time Goro spent with Komori too. Lol.

But what the hell is with that game with Kaidou?! This is quite a shock. Even Goro lost his spirits.
Modified by violity, May 27, 2014 6:50 AM
There's a limit to how much a person can improve on his own. Rivals acknowledge each other and compete to get better. That's why they can train so hard. That's why they continue to improve. And they will always far exceed our expectations. -Coach Kataoka (Diamond no Ace S2 8)

Dec 30, 2014 12:46 AM

Pknoctis said:
L O L like hell that guy was a middle schooler. That's dumb.

I really want to see Toshiya and Goro team up but I'm 99% sure that's not going to happen. Goro's gonna go to Kaidou.
Yeah, going to be that is what is going to happen too . . . Although seriously it is a shame! I really want to see Toshi team up with Goro, it would be awesome and honestly should have happened years ago.

But seriously, had a feeling something like that was going to happen, I just didn't think it would be that brutal. My problem with this though, is why do they want to make Goro the ace of Kaidou if they have that monster pitcher that literally crushed them like that.

Apr 13, 2015 4:47 PM

Wow, unexpected turn of events. Half an hour ago I hated Toshi to death, and now I'm cheering up for them to join forces with Gorou. This show plays with my heart too much :D And I just hope that man from Kaidou drops dead.

Jun 27, 2015 7:56 PM

Wow, they got completely exploded by Kaido. A complete slaughter. But you know, it's true that Goro was pretty darn cocky. He sure got a lesson he won't forget soon. That can only make him better.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie

Jul 21, 2015 11:58 PM

Aug 6, 2015 3:49 PM

Wow, that's surprising. There's someone so much better.

Oct 13, 2015 10:12 AM

He finally got recked. I have been waiting for this!

Still this whole middle school arc felt like a introduction to High school arc, without trying to be that important itself. With exception of Toshi's development from good guy to crazy bad guy to hey I see the dream from my young.

Mar 22, 2016 8:55 PM

Dam, they got destroyed lol.

Apr 17, 2016 3:42 PM

Toshi and Goro will be on the same team?
What about Komori then?
They need to improve a lot, 19-0 is too much of a difference at the moment.

Aug 29, 2016 2:11 AM

Damn this show needs a hentai tag, this was brutal.

Glad that they're hyping up the ToshiGoro combo, guess it will happen for sure now. I do wonder what would Komori do in that case. If they do join Kaido, I can't see Komori join as well. It would be interesting to see Komori on the rival side next time.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"

Nov 29, 2016 8:51 PM

I feel sad for Komori, he's being really underestimated as a player. He may not have the raw skill others have, but he's definitely got a good eye and a sharp sense about the game.

Anyway, Goro finally gets knocked down a peg, but it's so utterly devastating and I'm heartbroken. And that Kaido pitch looked like some of the first use of classic special power sport shounen animation used in this series (unless maybe they used it last season in a pro game and I forgot)

ALSO if Kaido has this ultra-talented prep school that feeds into their high school why is recruitment so important to them anyway??

Aug 28, 2017 3:07 AM

Yeaaah, I feel like the whole desperately wanting Gorou to be Kaidou's ace was undercut by having a pitcher that good already going into the school. I'm guessing that the chief scout thinks Gorou has more potential, but I wish they had made it clearer since as is they don't seem like they'll be hurting too badly even without Gorou.

Although I do think Gorou might be tempted to go to Kaidou now, my guess is that he won't anyway and he'll use this as fuel to go straight back into overdrive with his training. He might want to reconsider going to Mifune High though; I seriously doubt even a golden battery between him and Toshio will be able to shut Kaidou down by itself. They need to be on a team with other skilled players.

Komori is the only player on their current team that I think has the potential to continue on a comparable level to Gorou/Toshio, and what with Gorou and Toshio agreeing to Toshio becoming catcher, I think we might be in for a rough patch with the character relationships. While it's possible that Gorou and Toshio will have a falling out and change their minds about joining forces, I doubt it. The whole deal was facing strong opponents; the discovery that there are much stronger opponents than either of them is more likely to bind them closer together than it is to split them apart, I think.

This also resurfaces my frustration with Gorou's right shoulder. While he definitely can't be dwelling in the past in that regard since it would be counterproductive, those years he lost having to re-train his pitching to go southpaw might have given him enough of an edge to at least not have gotten so royally beaten here. :/

In any case, it was a really strong episode and a nice way to cap off the rivalry between Gorou and Toshio as it has existed until now.

Dec 16, 2017 5:01 PM

Great to see that Toshi and Gorou are friends again :)

Well they really need to team up if they want to stand a chance against Kaidou.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Mar 28, 2018 4:00 PM
I feel like it’s kind of unrealistic for Goro to give up 19 runs. But this will humble him a bit which he needed.

Feb 27, 1:36 PM

Yes! Here we go, Goro wins! Couldnt stand Toshi till the end of this game, but right now hes kinda okay.

Do no think that there will be a Goro / Toshi Battery even though it would be interesting.

That Scout has got some nerves... dislike him! But how the hack did Goro get 19 runs.

Curious about the next episode.
My only regret is having regrets!