Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 17, 2016 1:27 AM
Apr 2015
i noticed the second ep had tomorrow by junichi toriyama
Dec 24, 2017 7:07 AM

Aug 2014
This episode is really unique, the show is getting better.
May 3, 2019 3:42 PM

Aug 2007
I'm not sure if I really like this anime.
I don't think it's bad... I appreciate how unique it is and the symbolism, but I find myself pretty apathetic when watching it. I don't really look forwards to watching it. I wonder if it's due to it being short stories?

Dec 31, 2019 10:49 PM

Oct 2012
I didn't know that there are many different kinds of OCD

Not everyone like "dark" stories but it's really rare and when a lot of people noticed your "dark" works
It'll exploded more than that light romance novels
So in short, writing for yourself and maybe succeed in the long run
Or just torture yourself over a "popular" genre

I feel like the author of Kuuchuu Buranko is probably like him at some point
"Signature removed"
Aug 19, 2020 2:20 PM

Aug 2017
Kaiki Deishuu writing novels, cool!

I wonder just how many viewers of this show find one or more scenarious relatable :p

Will every episode have a unique ED?

And that the images on the ED match the pacient from the next episode?

The chicken head this week made the most sense to me, representing anxiety and fear. It also worked so well with the part where he threw up the empty eggs representing unfulfilled, empty ideas.

The crane in 1 represents peace and wisdom, the rhino in 2 reflects a Buddhist sutra about not worrying about what others think or what you think about them but finding your way by yourself, I agree the chicken is probably anxiety and fear.

I didn't realize that (and connected the rhino to "being horny").

P.S. Funny how Toriyama wrote age-gap romances, and that old novelist also had such a romance with a newbie author...
St0rmbladeAug 19, 2020 2:31 PM
Feb 11, 2021 9:40 PM

May 2020
This was the weakest episode for me. It didn't feel like there was proper closure. I mean, the problem was that he was simply anxious about repeating himself and whether or not he was going to be popular ? I don't know, I just wasn't interested by this episode.
Mar 13, 2021 5:17 AM

Nov 2019
Another astonishing episode showing the struggles of modern writers and their complexes. I really like this Anime so far with all of the symbolism and weird concept of portraying thus.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Feb 17, 2022 7:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
The end being linked to the book from the previous ep was actually great
Mar 27, 2022 1:36 PM

Aug 2012
This month, I've been trying to focus on watching more obscure stuff as opposed to the mainstream series, so watching an episode about a commercialized approach to art, where the problem lies in subjecting yourself to only write formulaic romance novels because they sell than a more ambitious product you may be more passionate about seems super fitting.

Definitely a step-down from episode 2, but I'd be surprised if they top that masterpiece tbh. This was quite good though, pretty interesting that both Irabu and Mayumi had more active roles this time around. With Iwamura knowing Irabu, I can't help but wonder if he'll show up as the focus for a later episode.

And good catch by M4rc0 with the book appearing in the last episode. That's really cool, so they will be keeping that interconnectivity they'll just be doing it in more subtle ways then legitimately have the characters appear. I checked back and it does seem a bit obvious knowing what to look for so I can't help but wonder what detail I missed in this episode that connects to the next patient.
Oct 16, 2022 9:54 PM

Jan 2010
OCD, huh?

A common theme so far has been stress-inducing psychological disorders, of which are caused by past trauma, work-related anxiety, or both. It's a wonder how much of this actually reflects real life.
Oct 23, 2022 11:38 PM

Jan 2020
Poor Irabu, just wants a book published. Is that such a crime?

It seems like there are a lot of connections between the episodes. They mentioned the circus from episode one last time, and this time we saw where the book shown in episode one came from. I guess it makes sense, we are seeing the same doctor in the same city every time. It's just cool that they are worldbuilding and foreshadowing stuff like that.

Otherwise, despite being a writer myself, I didn't care much for this episode. That being said, it was still rather well done. There is a good amount of information about mental wellness, and nothing seems too heavy-handed. It's certainly an interesting series.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Nov 19, 2009

68 by owonism »»
Feb 18, 4:52 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Oct 22, 2009

94 by owonism »»
Feb 18, 1:07 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Dec 24, 2009

113 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 30, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

grapeofdeath - Oct 15, 2009

196 by Ronninn »»
Aug 24, 2023 7:30 AM

Poll: » Kuchu Buranko Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Dec 10, 2009

52 by Starchaser »»
Apr 26, 2023 3:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.