Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sep 19, 2014 5:53 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 632
HELL YES!
 
Sep 19, 2014 5:59 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 405
I liked the show, but it was poorly made.
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5343
Its only been "confirmed" on a Chinese streaming website, how does that in any form or way confirm its split-cour? Atleast wait till its confirmed by a official Japanese source before making such threads.
- http://rederoin.motionsforum.com -
Anime air dates, BD release dates and Amazon stalker estimates for Anime BDs.
My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 33
I have a feeling that the second season is gonna rush too though.
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 1246
The train wreck continues?
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:06 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 2543
Illustration said:
i thought this was regarding the manga :(

Same! :(

rederoin said:
Its only been "confirmed" on a Chinese streaming website, how does that in any form or way confirm its split-cour? Atleast wait till its confirmed by a official Japanese source before making such threads.


+1
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3164
xSanox said:
a remake by a different studio would have been better news

As if some studio will waste their money on adapting a Manga with merely few (30+) Pages per Chapter.
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:10 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5299
Sam1198777 said:
Go watch Sakamichi no Apollon or Jormungand or Natsuyuki Rendezvous. Those are truly good adaptations

Good joke. Apollon was shitty adaptation, they cut too much of content. NR was weak manga to begin with - there is more episodes with MC taken over by ghost than being himself. Terrible.
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 567
say, how are you guys getting the idea a second season is incoming? all i see is on a chinese website that something will come in january, which can means anything. a second season is not confirmed unless they announce it at a meeting or via priting with the manga (like they did for the first season and in generall)
also, i rather see some other studio adapt it or at least make it 24 episodes for the chapters... i dont want another rushed manga again >_>
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2032
Rayzer said:
xSanox said:
a remake by a different studio would have been better news

As if some studio will waste their money on adapting a Manga with merely few (30+) Pages per Chapter.

Again, what are you talking about with the page count per chapters? TG is a weekly manga with around 15/16 pages per chapter. Production I.G would've done a decent, if not a great job if they pick this up. Just look at their adaptation of Kuroko no Basket and Haikyuu!! recently.

 
Sep 19, 2014 6:22 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 79
If studio Pierrot decides to fuck up this "confirmed" second season as bad as the first, this will be the most disappointed I have ever been in an anime. They've already skipped out on major points in Kaneki and Touka's character development and if they miss more of the details chapters that will be adapted in this second season then they will only drive my expectations further into the ground. With my expectations as low as can be for next season I'm going to continue on my bandwagon of READ THE FUCKING MANGA, until some other studio can figure out how to make a decent fucking adaptation and remake this shitty anime.
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 10990
Urek said:
say, how are you guys getting the idea a second season is incoming? all i see is on a chinese website that something will come in january, which can means anything. a second season is not confirmed unless they announce it at a meeting or via priting with the manga (like they did for the first season and in generall)
also, i rather see some other studio adapt it or at least make it 24 episodes for the chapters... i dont want another rushed manga again >_>


I guess it's from the blacked out #2 besides #1 meaning S2?
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2032
ynat1 said:
If studio Pierrot decides to fuck up this "confirmed" second season as bad as the first, this will be the most disappointed I have ever been in an anime. They've already skipped out on major points in Kaneki and Touka's character development and if they miss more of the details chapters that will be adapted in this second season then they will only drive my expectations further into the ground. With my expectations as low as can be for next season I'm going to continue on my bandwagon of READ THE FUCKING MANGA, until some other studio can figure out how to make a decent fucking adaptation and remake this shitty anime.

A 2-cour season for each half of the manga is the best way to adapt the manga imo. First season for the human side and second season for the ghoul side. We could have a masterpiece of an anime series to talk about and be happy with if another studio like Madhouse or I.G pick it up instead of Pierrot.

 
Sep 19, 2014 6:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10462
Arcanix said:
Mahone7 said:
Why s02? They rushed the f..k out of S01, skipped arcs, added their own stuff, ruined character growth...

Idiots @ work

Oh, god, shut the fuck up already. Stop bitching in every thread you see about Tokyo ghoul.
Like if he was the only fan to bitch about Tokyo Ghoul.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 85


I forget it

2nd Season are gonna in Tokyo Ghoul in winter of 2015 hmm..
Roseanne Maceda
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3164
EasyGo-er said:

A 2-cour season for each half of the manga is the best way to adapt the manga imo. First season for the human side and second season for the ghoul side. We could have a masterpiece of an anime series to talk about and be happy with if another studio like Madhouse or I.G pick it up instead of Pierrot.

Then wait about 10 years from NOW.
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 257
Yay!! Awesome news. But there need to be more episodes for them to adapt it properly there are still ~76 more chapters to adapt

 
Sep 19, 2014 6:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 10462
Sam1198777 said:
Oh and SnK, pardon me, was shit. FMA:B on the other hand, was adapted truly well
SnK was bloated with filler/recap/slow pacing. Do your research. It just got hyped to hell, and TG got bashed to hell
You'd have to be a real nitpicking biotch to think SnK was anything short of a faithful adaptation. They did take some liberties and added filler-content near the end of the anime, but the core and details of the story were there. Now unless you think the manga was also shit (in which case my bad for misreading your post) then calling the animu a lame adaptation is beyond ridiculous.
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2032
Rayzer said:
EasyGo-er said:

A 2-cour season for each half of the manga is the best way to adapt the manga imo. First season for the human side and second season for the ghoul side. We could have a masterpiece of an anime series to talk about and be happy with if another studio like Madhouse or I.G pick it up instead of Pierrot.

Then wait about 10 years from NOW.

Oh yes, I'd rather wait 10 years to have a masterpiece anime adaptation instead of a messed up adaptation that brings nothing but insults to the original source. By the way, given the popularity of the manga right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it will ever get a remake by another studio in 2 years starting NOW.

 
Sep 19, 2014 6:45 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 152
I just hope it'll be a 24ep season *-*
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
 
Sep 19, 2014 6:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 398
Surely Pierrot will learn from season one failure . . .

I hope second season will have 24 more eps . . .
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:03 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 194
type-beta said:
No shame.

^^^

Hopefully they won't rush this and take their time. Looking forward to Kaneki's fantastic anatomy lesson with Ayato.
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2032
Rumble_Shift said:
Surely Pierrot will learn from season one failure . . .

I hope second season will have 24 more eps . . .

It was all planned already, just be prepared to be trolled. Ishida had warned us in the last chapter of the manga after all.

"The ones who get the last laugh... are us, the Pierrot!"

 
Sep 19, 2014 7:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 61
Wow..that was fast. I didn't even think a second season was going to be announced for a while. Like in 1-2 years maybe, but that was quick.
Not that I'm not excited about this, but I'm anticipating more of a reboot right now. Guess not.

Well, hopefully they redeem themselves in this second season. After all, more Kaneki awesomeness shall commence in the second half of the manga. And I will be pouty if they mess it up extra hard.
Well..that is, if this is like, confirmed 100% anyway.

Definitely crossing fingers on that reboot, though.

(I just realized something. Natsuki Hanae doing chapters 100-107 will be beastly. YES!)
Modified by WhiteVye, Sep 19, 2014 7:23 AM
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:13 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2762
Pierrot should have announced it at the end of the final episode instead of a chinese website for TG announced it.

EDIT: So everyone, calmatto.
Modified by SweetCoconut, Sep 19, 2014 7:21 AM
[center]
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:17 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113536
I'll wait until an official source from an actual Japanese site, an event, or from the studio/author himself. The final episode didn't indicate there will be a season 2 so I don't see how this is "confirmed".
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3164
EasyGo-er said:

Oh yes, I'd rather wait 10 years to have a masterpiece anime adaptation instead of a messed up adaptation that brings nothing but insults to the original source. By the way, given the popularity of the manga right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it will ever get a remake by another studio in 2 years starting NOW.

As if you are still alive on that year (2024) ? Or maybe as if this world still exist!
And well in 2 years? As far as I remember only Kanon was the earliest anime that got a 2nd adaptation of other Studio in 4 Years!
Modified by Rayzer, Sep 19, 2014 7:55 AM
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
Rayzer said:
EasyGo-er said:

Oh yes, I'd rather wait 10 years to have a masterpiece anime adaptation instead of a messed up adaptation that brings nothing but insults to the original source. By the way, given the popularity of the manga right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it will ever get a remake by another studio in 2 years starting NOW.

As if you are still alive on that year (2024) ? Or maybe as if this world still exist!
And well in 2 years? As far as I remember only Kanon was the anime earliest that got a 2nd adaptation of other Studio in 4 Years!


how about BREAK BLADE?
it got very unnecesarry remake
sry bad english,
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:40 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6814
Meh don't care if it was a train wreck. More white hair Kaneki is always welcome.
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 395
im not gonna bother complaining about season 1, but seriously why would you rush through season 1 when it seems like they already had season 2 up and ready. They should have just made it 2-cour and taken their time, but whatever, no point in saying what if, since it didnt happen.

i do feel that if this was done properly, then the manga could be the next AoT in terms of the amazing boost of sales it got.
Modified by xtremexx, Sep 19, 2014 8:18 AM
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 17
if they were gonna confirm a 2nd season this quick why wouldnt they just have adapted it to the manga better..



 
Sep 19, 2014 7:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3164
ninjastarforcex said:
Rayzer said:

As if you are still alive on that year (2024) ? Or maybe as if this world still exist!
And well in 2 years? As far as I remember only Kanon was the anime earliest that got a 2nd adaptation of other Studio in 4 Years!


how about BREAK BLADE?
it got very unnecesarry remake
sry bad english,

Man it was a film turned into Anime T.V. Series and It's the same Production Team not Other Studio!
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 344
Bantz said:
if they were gonna confirm a 2nd season this quick why wouldnt they just have adapted it to the manga better..


o.o you are right
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 92
Yay Season 2! More hate culmination for Pierrot~

And more tears to be shed.

Bantz said:
if they were gonna confirm a 2nd season this quick why wouldnt they just have adapted it to the manga better..


It's obvious now that they intend to cram all 143 chapters instead of 72 chaps for 24/26 eps. Back then we didn't know that the manga will abruptly end at 143. They had this planned all along.
Modified by Maya24, Sep 19, 2014 7:58 AM
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 3275
well basically episode 12 is the beginning of tokyo ghoul
70 chapter of prologue
maybe pierrot will get serious for the rest of 70 chapter... probably not, and they will laugh in the end huehuehuehue
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
 
Sep 19, 2014 7:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 3231
ninjastarforcex said:
well basically episode 12 is the beginning of tokyo ghoul
70 chapter of prologue
maybe pierrot will get serious for the rest of 70 chapter... probably not, and they will laugh in the end huehuehuehue


Hopefully they won't try stuffing the remaining 70+ chapters into another season of 12 episodes O_O. Better just give us a 20 episode season for the rest now.
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 72
To all manga readers from another manga reader:

Instead of whining 24/7 (nothing will change from that honestly), let's just not take the tokyo ghoul anime as a serious adaptation. Let's just enjoy the OST and animation. It's quite clear that they don't give a rat's ass about the story so let's just appreciate it for what it is still giving us.
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 22625
It's a chinese website :O

I'll wait for the Japanese announcement before cerebrating :)

Th second half is full of fights, which the anime does well so hyped for this XD
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 959
Wasn't expecting this at all since I thought since its rare for Studio Pierrot to get a second season as of late. Man this reminds me of Bleach now. They covered so much material and still get another season...
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 198
I don't want a second season! I WANT A REBOOT!! I am so not satisfied with this, I feel as if my life won't be completed unless Tokyo Ghoul gets a proper adaption! Dang, I was hopping that Madhouse would pick this up. Studio Pierrot just doesn't seem to work well with this type of genre :(

Also, there seems to be a bipolar opinion in Tokyo Ghoul. People either hate it or love it, and then there's the rare ones that neither hate it or love it. They usually say 'Meh, that's cool, what's next?' And casually move on.

I decided to watch Tokyo Ghoul for the sound and animation half way of the anime because I gave up on their handling with the story. If they do season two, I hope they at least follow the manga properly from there.
Modified by soraibi, Sep 19, 2014 8:22 AM
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:18 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 273
If the second season is going to be 1 cour (which I'm expecting), then why didn't they make the first season two cours? I'd rather have a good first season than two rushed seasons, and if it meant that Tokyo Ghoul wouldn't get a second season, that'd still be okay.
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 198
TheRedOtaku said:
If the second season is going to be 1 cour (which I'm expecting), then why didn't they make the first season two cours? I'd rather have a good first season than two rushed seasons, and if it meant that Tokyo Ghoul wouldn't get a second season, that'd still be okay.

Maybe they thought that it might not get so popular?? Idk but I agree, they should've done 2 cour instead. Right now, I don't really care about the anime, if there's a season two, I'll watch it for kicks and giggles.
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2032
Rayzer said:
EasyGo-er said:

Oh yes, I'd rather wait 10 years to have a masterpiece anime adaptation instead of a messed up adaptation that brings nothing but insults to the original source. By the way, given the popularity of the manga right now, I wouldn't be surprised if it will ever get a remake by another studio in 2 years starting NOW.

As if you are still alive on that year (2024) ? Or maybe as if this world still exist!
And well in 2 years? As far as I remember only Kanon was the earliest anime that got a 2nd adaptation of other Studio in 4 Years!

God, you seem pretty butthurt for no reason even as an anime-only watcher.
Who cares if I'm alive or not at that point, at least people will see the anime for what it truly is instead of an insult to the manga. Me being able to experience that too will be a blessing of course.
I'm not confirming it or anything. I just said that I won't be surprised if it ever get one, precedents are made to be surpassed after all.

 
Sep 19, 2014 8:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6814
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2032
Z4k said:
Wait what? so is it really official?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/27641/Tokyo_Ghoul_2nd_Season

Just MAL being typical as always.

 
Sep 19, 2014 8:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 6814
EasyGo-er said:
Z4k said:
Wait what? so is it really official?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/27641/Tokyo_Ghoul_2nd_Season

Just MAL being typical as always.

Ah damnit...almost had a heart attack
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3164
EasyGo-er said:
Rayzer said:

As if you are still alive on that year (2024) ? Or maybe as if this world still exist!
And well in 2 years? As far as I remember only Kanon was the earliest anime that got a 2nd adaptation of other Studio in 4 Years!

God, you seem pretty butthurt for no reason even as an anime-only watcher.
Who cares if I'm alive or not at that point, at least people will see the anime for what it truly is instead of an insult to the manga. Me being able to experience that too will be a blessing of course.
I'm not confirming it or anything. I just said that I won't be surprised if it ever get one, precedents are made to be surpassed after all.

I already read the manga (up to 90th Chapter and still reading till 143) Damn it! Just go AWAY!!!!
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:39 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 113536
Z4k said:
Wait what? so is it really official?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/27641/Tokyo_Ghoul_2nd_Season


I kinda doubt it right now.
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 3164
Stark700 said:
Z4k said:
Wait what? so is it really official?
http://myanimelist.net/anime/27641/Tokyo_Ghoul_2nd_Season


I kinda doubt it right now.

That's from Anime News Network after all. So It's legit.
Haters always gonna hate.
 
Sep 19, 2014 8:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 2032
Rayzer said:
EasyGo-er said:

God, you seem pretty butthurt for no reason even as an anime-only watcher.
Who cares if I'm alive or not at that point, at least people will see the anime for what it truly is instead of an insult to the manga. Me being able to experience that too will be a blessing of course.
I'm not confirming it or anything. I just said that I won't be surprised if it ever get one, precedents are made to be surpassed after all.

I already red the manga (up to 90th Chapter and still reading till 143) Damn it! Just go AWAY!!!!

You're the one who keeps coming back even when I thought everything is said and done already. Well, if you liked the anime, I'll be surprised if you're still satisfied with the adaptation even after finishing the manga.

 
Top
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »