Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 18, 2014 2:28 PM

Jul 2010
So the "fragments of the future" are really just them trying to understand each other, because Touko put herself in the place of David to try and grasp his "sudden, expected loneliness."
Or at least that's what I got from it.
Confusing episode, but I'm really trying to understand.
Sep 18, 2014 2:36 PM
Aug 2011
b1GZZ said:
Hiro's talk about knocking before opening a boy's room door while doing those gestures and getting embarrassed is kinda... weird.

Weird? Are you implying that stroking your fishing rod in front of your sister is some sort of shameful act?

animeno said:
PS in the above that isn't a fishing rod its a hiking stick

lmao, gomen! My mind got a little carried away with rods there.
standSep 18, 2014 4:02 PM
Sep 18, 2014 2:59 PM

Jun 2013
I feel like i'm watching the version of nagi no asukara where the producer was on meth

Memento Mori.
Sep 18, 2014 3:02 PM

Jul 2013
Ok. So. Just. You know. Like....

...WHAT THE FUCK MAN??
Sep 18, 2014 3:23 PM
Jul 2014
5Cats said:
Wow! So much hate for a show that DARES to try something new?
Go watch 500+ episodes of those "generic" anime series if an actual plot offends you.
"Nothing happens" it seems that way if you're not paying attention, eh? For those who are it's a wonderful, intelligent show. Not perfect, but at least it's trying to be original...

Finally someone who get it. C'mon stop that idiocy the show is pretty much amazing people dont get whats going on because of laziness, they need or frenetic action or utter violence to enjoy something, that show you need to stop what you are doing to pay attention, then you can get what is going on.
Sep 18, 2014 3:30 PM

Apr 2010
Can any 420 blazers confirm if this show is at least tolerable while stoned?
Sep 18, 2014 3:31 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
I liked it. (shrug) Guess I'm weird.
Sep 18, 2014 3:33 PM

Jun 2012
on another note, what was the piano piece at the end? Anyone know the name? In previous eps she played Chopin and what not. Or was it original?
Sep 18, 2014 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
Many things nonsense happen in this anime, so not surprised myself with both the episode, even so still wonder why everything be just as senseless
But I like quite of classical soundtrack and of the art of this anime
Only one more episode, and I'm curious to know how this story will end ..
Sep 18, 2014 3:45 PM

Oct 2013
So apparently, we find out how Kakeru's mum has op super powers of granting delusions to whomever listens to her piano piece. This shite is too deep.
Sep 18, 2014 3:46 PM

Aug 2014
Sacchan is so cute. She was the best aspect of the anime for me.

Now that I got this out of the way...
WHAT
THE
F*CK
DID
I
JUST
WATCHED?

The worst episode of the show, by a long stretch.
We were supposed to see how Kakeru's life is sad and lonely?
How friendship is an important, vital thing?
That good artwork and a nice original score can't save an anime??
I don't know. But at least I don't seem to be the only one.
Sep 18, 2014 3:52 PM

Jul 2013
so basically touko looked at a glass vase and saw this episode happening inside even though it actually didn't happen and we just had to sit through it. i think touko needs to be hospitalized cuz glasslip isn't about romance. it's about an irritating girl going psycho
Sep 18, 2014 3:55 PM
Aug 2013
I need to stop looking at the studio that's animating a show and blindly jumping in to watch it. This shit is like a experiment gone wrong.
Sep 18, 2014 4:00 PM

Jul 2009
And the point of this episode was?...24min of my life lost....
Sep 18, 2014 4:19 PM

Jan 2011
I'll try a brief explanation for those who are having trouble following this series, but I suspect many people won't listen to it. Both Kakeru and Touko have the ability to hear or see fragments of the future (as they put it--although this episode also suggests it may be fragments of alternate realities in the present or near past). I'm not going to give a full explanation of the multiple universe theory, but just suffice it to say that if you believe you can see visions of the future, and that in acting on those visions you can change the future, then you probably also have to accept that there are an infinite number of alternate realities which spring from the decisions made by individuals or random events. The ability to see glimpses or longer sequences from these other/potential realities may help you to avoid unpleasantness in your life, but it also may mislead you into thinking something may happen that won't.

Touko has just had an extended vision of two overlapping alternate realities in which she was the late-comer to the group of six. In one of the alternates the two other couples were already forming (Sachi & Hiro, Yanagi & Yuki)--that's the one in which the two couples didn't meet up and watched the fireworks on their own. In the other alternate the four of them met up and watched the fireworks together. As to how she slipped into those realities, remember that she was focusing on the glass vase--a process known as scrying which is a traditional way of divining the future, astral travelling, or placing oneself in an altered reality. The other factor may well have been the music of Kakeru's mother--music also being a traditional way of placing oneself in an altered reality (hence all the talk of people being "transported by the music" when talking about a particularly enthralling performance).

At some point Touko and Kakeru have to come to terms with their abilities and learn to live with them, but that's not the important part here. The key is that through all the realities that we've seen, she and Kakeru find each other, regardless of what happens with the other couples. If you want a clearer statement of this: "They are bound by the red string of fate through all eternity and are destined to be together." The last still of them listening to the music shows clearly that Kakeru and Touko are holding hands under the table even while she goes into her visions.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 18, 2014 4:22 PM
Aug 2014
Everything is starting to make sense now... Hopefully next week the show will end well.
Sep 18, 2014 4:33 PM
Jul 2012
I'm guessing I kind of understand how the plot is right now.

- The fragments are actually another reality.(Otherside of the looking glass, huh?)
- Kakeru had this ability because he had lacked something(probably was already explained, just don't remember)
- Touko had it because of the group's rule of no couples. This rule was implemented to keep them together without separating them due to favoritism over one person due to being a couple. Touko didn't want them to separate, rather she was scared of it.
- Thats the whole reason for this mess. Kakeru and Touko had some problem, and the ability to see another reality resulted from it somehow.

Now we are doing the finale for Touko's problem. Honestly, the fact that I have to treat this like reading book rather than watching an anime is probably the biggest fault here.
Sep 18, 2014 4:39 PM

Aug 2012
I don't understand how this show can be as shit as it is, what were they thinking producing this?
Sep 18, 2014 4:42 PM

Dec 2013
rodac said:
I'll try a brief explanation for those who are having trouble following this series, but I suspect many people won't listen to it. Both Kakeru and Touko have the ability to hear or see fragments of the future (as they put it--although this episode also suggests it may be fragments of alternate realities in the present or near past). I'm not going to give a full explanation of the multiple universe theory, but just suffice it to say that if you believe you can see visions of the future, and that in acting on those visions you can change the future, then you probably also have to accept that there are an infinite number of alternate realities which spring from the decisions made by individuals or random events. The ability to see glimpses or longer sequences from these other/potential realities may help you to avoid unpleasantness in your life, but it also may mislead you into thinking something may happen that won't.

Touko has just had an extended vision of two overlapping alternate realities in which she was the late-comer to the group of six. In one of the alternates the two other couples were already forming (Sachi & Hiro, Yanagi & Yuki)--that's the one in which the two couples didn't meet up and watched the fireworks on their own. In the other alternate the four of them met up and watched the fireworks together. As to how she slipped into those realities, remember that she was focusing on the glass vase--a process known as scrying which is a traditional way of divining the future, astral travelling, or placing oneself in an altered reality. The other factor may well have been the music of Kakeru's mother--music also being a traditional way of placing oneself in an altered reality (hence all the talk of people being "transported by the music" when talking about a particularly enthralling performance).

At some point Touko and Kakeru have to come to terms with their abilities and learn to live with them, but that's not the important part here. The key is that through all the realities that we've seen, she and Kakeru find each other, regardless of what happens with the other couples. If you want a clearer statement of this: "They are bound by the red string of fate through all eternity and are destined to be together." The last still of them listening to the music shows clearly that Kakeru and Touko are holding hands under the table even while she goes into her visions.

Great explanation!

How many Kakeru's did Touko meet ,tho? two or one? because in the last scene he said that he was different from his earlier self and he seemed to know about the fragments and whatnot. He also mentioned something about being a projection of her reality
Sep 18, 2014 4:51 PM

Oct 2013
Wow I forgot there was one more episode. Phew. After seeing this, I almost blew up until I realized there was one more piece to the puzzle lol. I'm awaiting a clear explanation for everything that happened
Sep 18, 2014 5:11 PM

Sep 2013
@y123y: Yes! You get it!
The "ships" will sail into the sunset, and everyone will be happy :) I love it! So much better than "open ended harem" endings...
The same ships in the 'other world' but with some different dynamics = :)

@rodac: I agree! The 'visions' seem to be of their future, but actually are from another reality which is a few months ahead of them. And has David and Touko in different roles. Things are different there: Sachi is hetero, Yuchi's knee wasn't badly injured, but other things are the same.

Thank goodness there's one more episode! Hopefully WE FANS will have a terrific ending. There's no pleasing 'some other people' though...
Sep 18, 2014 5:18 PM

Nov 2013
Just got back from a gig and watched the episode... thought I'd hit my head and the characters had switched places in my mind or something. Spent the whole episode wondering wtf was going on and I'm still confused as to what they were trying to portray through that, other than Touko experiencing Kakeru's "sudden unexpected loneliness" which I thought was a pretty cool move. Despite all that, actually found myself enjoying it, so my ranking hasn't decreased. Maybe I hit my head before I started watching it though since I seem to be the only person who likes it. xD
Sep 18, 2014 5:19 PM

Jul 2014
My reaction to this weeks episode of Glasslip: ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Sep 18, 2014 5:34 PM

Jun 2012
What was the point of this episode? This is legit one of the worst anime I've ever seen. No doubt 1/10
Sep 18, 2014 5:39 PM

Jan 2014
bastek66 said:
Alternate reality bullshit. World where Touko is transfer student and David is local. Another waste of time episode.

I definitely agree...I was totally like.."WTF is with this episode?"
I was expecting Yukinari to try and confess again to Touko in this episode...I guess that's what's gonna in the last episode...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 18, 2014 5:41 PM

Apr 2009
rodac said:

THIS. i'm laughing at all the people who didn't even get it and said this episode is a waste of time when in fact, it's the one that explained everything. the crimes of the show are in its technicalities, not its concept. this concept is really good, but they definitely could've done better in presenting it to the masses during the earlier episodes. i mean look, a lot of people are already confused at this point.
Sep 18, 2014 6:25 PM

Aug 2013
I understand the negativity that many people here are exuding, but for me, this was honestly my favourite episode yet.
This episode managed to intrigue me within the first few minutes and finally touched upon the reason behind the paranormal visions for a change.

animeno said:

Huh. I initially thought it was a ski pole, which makes equally as much sense because it was the winter.
Has Hiro ever used a hiking stick in the series before?
Sep 18, 2014 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
Okay so the fragments of the future is actually fragments of uh...timelines where Touko actually sees alternate realities of herself/her friends? It's an interesting concept but it's already episode 12. Had they introduced this concept more clearly in the earlier episodes instead of "Please stay attractive/cool" and below fanfic-level character interaction, this could have been a good show.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 18, 2014 6:48 PM

Aug 2013
Wow. I literaly had no idea what in the actual fuck was going on until 23:30 when the flashback? Alternate reality? Future fragment? Ended.

One....more....week.....

5Cats said:
Go watch 500+ episodes of those "generic" anime series if an actual plot offends you.
"Nothing happens" it seems that way if you're not paying attention, eh? For those who are it's a wonderful, intelligent show. Not perfect, but at least it's trying to be original...

Are you high? P.A. literally just tried to make another NagiAsu clone and then threw some fucked up pointless supernatural shit in there.
Sep 18, 2014 7:00 PM

Aug 2013
What the hell did I just watch? One long fragment?

5Cats said:

Don't get me wrong, I love original concepts. They are interesting. The problem with Glasslip is that it was executed poorly. They waited too long to try to explain "the plot" AND they did a bad job on top of it.
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Sep 18, 2014 7:01 PM

Jul 2013
bastek66 said:
Alternate reality bullshit. World where Touko is transfer student and David is local. Another waste of time episode.

This pretty much sums it up for me.
Sep 18, 2014 7:06 PM

Jan 2014
DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED THIS EPISODE?

Here:

If they plan to play their cards for a real "supernatural" scenario,this episode was like a joke...Thats not enough,Why they did waste so much time with useless episodes?They could have made that alternate world into 2-3 episodes than make their finale....They better be preparing some epic plot twist stuff for finale

But seriously artistically this anime is beautiful...Art 10/10
LoneWizzySep 18, 2014 7:27 PM
Sep 18, 2014 7:09 PM

Mar 2009
Even Jonathan wanted nothing to do with this episode.
Sep 18, 2014 7:10 PM

Oct 2010
It's ending next week. Finally!
"People die when they are killed" - Emiya Shirou
Sep 18, 2014 7:25 PM

Jul 2012

waterfallsxo said:
Don't get me wrong, I love original concepts. They are interesting. The problem with Glasslip is that it was executed poorly. They waited too long to try to explain "the plot" AND they did a bad job on top of it.

^ This.
Sep 18, 2014 7:31 PM

Jan 2014
mayukachan said:

waterfallsxo said:

^ This.
Yes,they waited so long...And they didnt do anything while waiting...No character depth,No fun,No good comedy,romance or drama...11 wasted episodes....They will try to fit everything into last episode,there is still all those relationships and "plot" needs to be explained...
Sep 18, 2014 7:50 PM

Jan 2014
y123y said:
LonelyWizard said:
Yes,they waited so long...And they didnt do anything while waiting...No character depth,No fun,No good comedy,romance or drama...11 wasted episodes....They will try to fit everything into last episode,there is still all those relationships and "plot" needs to be explained...

Nah, I think the anime is done with the visions. I think this is how the final episode will be:

Yuki, Yanagi, Sachi, Hiro, Touko, and Kakeru will meet up at the cafe restaurant. They will all finally have a conversation together and then Kakeru will be welcomed into their group and Kakeru will no longer be lonely.

Then Yuki will tell everyone that he and Yanagi are a couple, then Sachi will tell everyone that she and Hiro are a couple, and then Touko will tell everyone that she and Kakeru are a couple.

Then the couples leave the restaurant together. Yuki and Yanagi kiss, Sachi and Hiro kiss, and Touko and Kakeru kiss.

Then later during the episode, to close out the anime, they are all wearing yukatas and are going to the festival to enjoy the firworks together.

And then that would be all.

At least it will be a happy ending :)
Then what was the purpose of ep.12 instead of some more SOL?Oh wait,i already know the answer...

LonelyWizard said:

LoneWizzySep 18, 2014 7:55 PM
Sep 18, 2014 7:53 PM

Sep 2013
Mormegil said:
Even Jonathan wanted nothing to do with this episode.

Ah! See? That was the OTHER reality, with the snow, yes? There Touko wasn't around to try to protect Jonathon before, and build the coop, so the hawk ate him!

Paying attention = good show!

Didn't you wonder why she made such a fuss back then? I sure did, but that explains it nicely. Sort of. ;)

Didn't anyone wonder why they showed the hawk in the ED, and so often during the series?? Because in the 'other world' where she saw the visions, Jonathon wasn't there; one of several "changes" between the two...

Edit: My mistake! I mis-counted the chickens. Jonathan IS alive in snow-world. There are other, subtle changes though.

Anyhow: The 'visions' are not hallucinations, or sights from the future! Now that that "roadblock" is removed, the two MCs shall have "smooth sailing" from now on.
5CatsSep 19, 2014 2:48 PM
Sep 18, 2014 7:58 PM

Jul 2012
@y123y
That's such a simple ending, yet it would be pretty satisfying. I hate how there's a lack of focus in this show with the ideas they're trying to convey. I think they're somewhat good ideas (not a huge fan of time travel actually) but it's the execution.
Sep 18, 2014 7:59 PM

Sep 2013
"Then what was the purpose of ep.12?"

@LonelyWizard: *sigh*
The ESP thing frightened them both, and prevented them "getting together" which is their red thread of destiny!
So in @Ep.12 they managed to "solve" the mystery! Hopefully the visions will vanish, David's seem to have, and they can 'ship' happily ever after.

It's sad that there's almost NO HOPE of seeing another season of Glasslip, I find the characters highly likeable! The 6 mains and the 5 or so secondary ones too! And the chickens :-)
Sep 18, 2014 8:03 PM

Jul 2009
good episode... if i knew what the hell was going on LOL.
the music was really good. the drawings were nice. this couldve made for a pretty decent show. looks like it'll just be a 'toy' show for some producer/director out there with no purpose.
Sep 18, 2014 8:20 PM

Feb 2014
Though the execution isnt the strongest aspect of Glasslip at all, this show is extremely interesting and even artsy. It's hard to come up with a complete idea of what exactly happens through the episodes because with little effort you can come up with different ideas of what is exactly happening. Easily the best show of the season.
Sep 18, 2014 8:47 PM
Sep 2014
Sorry but looking at all the 'negativity' there is I'm going to give a strong comment here. But kudos to all those who wrote essays on explaining the episode.

People's reactions to this episode have reminded me thoroughly of Hayao Miyazaki's comment.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131872-Hayao-Miyazaki-Anime-Suffers-Because-the-Industry-is-Full-of-Otaku

The negative reactions to this episode could be because so many anime viewers have watched too much of those anime made by otakus. Which have close to no "observation" of the real world, but exciting and amusing anyway. It appears to me that you all will be turned on by an anime which develops quick, shows nice relationships, and basically Is "Awesome".

As quite a number of users have commented, there are greater significances to the "not-so- "Awesome" " scenes in Glasslip. It is true for Nagi no Asukara too.

The thing is, so many of you are seeking PLEASURE in Anime, forgetting that Anime itself is a form of Art. Being an Art, it Indirectly portrays the thoughts on the creators' minds, their beliefs and perceptions about aspects of life.

Ps. Yes, it is Too easily the best show of the season. Just that there are too many people who don't appreciate it.
xSeiyialSep 18, 2014 8:50 PM
Sep 18, 2014 8:50 PM

Jun 2014
argilium said:
rodac said:

THIS. i'm laughing at all the people who didn't even get it and said this episode is a waste of time when in fact, it's the one that explained everything. the crimes of the show are in its technicalities, not its concept. this concept is really good, but they definitely could've done better in presenting it to the masses during the earlier episodes. i mean look, a lot of people are already confused at this point.

I'm glad to see that there are actually other viewers that actually get the concept of this anime. The presentation wasn't done very well, but I think the story is something we don't see a whole lot of in anime.

I actually enjoyed this episode! Though I also think that if it would have been presented much earlier in the series, more viewers may have understood what has been going on!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 18, 2014 9:34 PM

Jul 2009
dafuq did I just watch
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Sep 18, 2014 10:13 PM

Apr 2010
I thought I was tripping for a moment and realized it was an alternate reality episode with roles reversed. Wasted an episode for this, really!?
Sep 18, 2014 10:21 PM

Aug 2012
Well that was a waste of an episode.
Sep 18, 2014 10:27 PM

Nov 2012
well, this was absolutely pointless.
how are they even going to wrap it all up in the last episode? nothing has been resolved so far.
Sep 18, 2014 11:33 PM

May 2013
So all in all, this episode is 99% hallucination of Touko.

Last one episode. Thank God.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 18, 2014 11:48 PM

Jan 2014
The only reason I've stayed with this show is to punish myself for hyping it up so much before the season. Beautiful art, great soundtrack (besides the annoying ending song) i'll even admit it's an interesting concept but damn this show is horribly executed. Would've been a lot better with a different director I believe.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.