Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2014 6:28 PM
Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Aug 26, 2016 11:33 AM

Mar 2014
Ah the classic swimsuit competition! This episode is definitely full of fan service but not in a bad way! ^_^
The girls all participate in a swimsuit contest to win some money so they can pay for the repairs of Yagami and the docking fee. How it ends will blow you away lol!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2019 9:46 PM

Aug 2015
Enjoyed this episode quite a bit. Kiyone chilling with sunglasses as a lifeguard resembled Misato Katsuragi. Given the airdates though, it's a case of a resemblance after the fact.

I have a feeling Nagi is into Ryoko, if you know what I mean...

It's a really bad idea for fugitives to enter a swimsuit contest, but given that tjese girls just shot their money making operating in the foot a few minutes prior, and Ayeka and Ryoko have egos the size of galaxies, the fanservice works 100%.

Something I like about Tenchi Muyo is that, unlike a different harem show in which all the girls would be shoehorned into a swimsuit, Washu doesn't care since she's all about dat science, and Sasami is just sweet without being used for any lolicon degeneracy.
Aug 17, 2019 6:09 PM

Dec 2018
This episode reminds me of the Beauty and the Beach episode from Pokemon.

Oct 14, 2021 8:36 AM

Nov 2017
Ahhhh, the swimsuit competition episode because why the heck not? I do appreciate that the writers made the crowd go wild for Kiyone and had Nagi win the whole thing (since neither is in the OVA canon). It's a nice touch
Apr 25, 2023 6:44 PM
Dec 2020
Fantastic episode, very enjoyable. 
Nagi is very sexy and a well-deserved winner IMO. Her relationship with Ryouko is getting pretty yandere, not that I'm complaining. I wish she was a more significant character in later instalments though.
I, for one, am somewhat disappointed we didn't get to see Sammy and Washu in swimsuits, kind of a missed opportunity though.
Finally Ryo-Okhi's mini-date with Ken-Ohki is too cute though. Really they are the best ship in more ways than one...

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Episode 9 Discussion

Artlieis - Aug 26, 2014

7 by Seabury »»
Jul 2, 2023 11:33 PM

» Do watch by release date

Mustytaco29 - May 31, 2023

4 by Salty-GB »»
May 31, 2023 5:59 AM

Poll: » Tenchi Universe Episode 26 Discussion

greenmarty - May 29, 2011

10 by nomad8 »»
Apr 30, 2023 11:13 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Episode 25 Discussion

Artlieis - Oct 2, 2014

6 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:03 PM

Poll: » Tenchi Muyo! Episode 24 Discussion

Artlieis - Sep 25, 2014

7 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 29, 2023 5:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.