Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2014 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, so it looks like they are going for a big grand finale finish after all with the battle. And of course, the guys go naked again. RIP Drums

Shinji was awesome though but meh, this finale and series felt dull. It was kinda stylish they added some wings for some sort of Angel gimmick at the end I guess. Lol, he fell into the crowd..
Sep 17, 2014 8:38 AM

Nov 2007
Hint of sequel? (well, the character also appeared in the upcoming game that releases soon, so it can be just fanservice)
http://nekonotemo.net/17836
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 17, 2014 9:46 AM
Nov 2013
OMG!!!

Perry-sama (Suwabe-sensei) showep up!!!!!!!!!!!
(faint)

THANK YOU!!!

Could it be that there will maube second season?! XD
KuroiDandereSep 17, 2014 9:49 AM
Sep 17, 2014 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
This series was pretty meh.

Ryouma and others had saved that Yoshinobu kid with their singing and rock.
Sep 17, 2014 9:56 AM

Jun 2012
This anime was so bad that it was good. I enjoyed it, just because it was obviously stupid and silly so I just went with the flow.
That predictable ending where everyone dies and comes back to life and those weird angels... I liked that as well xD

I just need full version of ending song now and I'll be happy :D
Sep 17, 2014 9:56 AM

Jun 2013
The series overall was pretty average for me. The members were all right in the end which was good. Wonder if there will be a season 2?
Sep 17, 2014 10:40 AM

Apr 2013
Cindy blew himself up with a bass? That's hardcore.

What's with the recent odd wave of anime having their main character(s) nude by the end? I can't be the only one who's been noticing that. Always seems to happen at least once a season.

I was entertained by its ridiculousness, and I liked the music (not "Over Mirage", though), but I'm glad this is over. There's at least an OVA coming out, but that'll hopefully be the end (even with the ending), and I'm happy for that. This was better than Meganebu! for sure, but I still will never forgive Studio DEEN. They can continue to make mediocre, entertaining anime (even if only in looks), and I may end up liking some of the non-Higurashi work, but Pupa has permanently made their already-bad reputation worse, and nothing can convince me to overlook it, I don't care how amazing the quality is.

7/10 overall for me, though it just barely dodged a final score of 6.
Sep 17, 2014 10:53 AM

Mar 2013
Fine series overall. I had fun, more that I should have to be honest.
The animation and plot were nothing special. But it managed to keep me attentive to it every week, I think that's enough.
Sep 17, 2014 11:07 AM
Apr 2014
Overall the show was mediocre the whole time. The plot is to me #1 importance when judging a show. And unfortunately, the plot anything but special. It was unsurprising. There was not so much time spent in making it I think.

Apart from that, the rest was okay. The plot was bad, but yet the anime kept me looking forward for next week, hoping to get some surprise. But that did not came, unfortunately. I guess the best thing of the anime was the music. It was not great, but certainly not bad. The characters were not too bad either and so was the art.

It is like said in a review: if you have low expectations (and a good taste in rock music/distaste in modern pop looking at the plot), you have gotten to the right anime. And if they are high... then you should gtfo after three episode or so.

As for myself, I said it was mediocre, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it. It was fun watching. I did me more than Detroit Metal City. If you might like this, I would recommend watching it.
Sep 17, 2014 11:46 AM

Mar 2012
*Plays drum* *you hear drum and other instruments sounds* Seems legit.

Decent anime overall, some good songs too imho.
Sep 17, 2014 12:33 PM

Nov 2007
Mladen said:
This anime was so bad that it was good.

Right,this is the description i was looking for:')

I give it plus points for the fact that i didn't have to experience the pain over Souji's and Hijikata's death all over again as in basically every anime including them (even though they were dead for a bit,i guess...but it was so lame and funny that i was just like "is this show for real").

I guess i enjoyed the general silliness and WTFery...and the music. But i would not recommend this to other people,heh.
Sep 17, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 2008
Lol that was stupid.
Only good thing about this show was the songs.
Sep 17, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2013
i really enjoyed this show, however, it doesn't mean it doesn't suck... i really was expecting a new song, but we saw nothing truly special
i mean... for a music themed show, the songs weren't that good

will watch 2nd season't if it comes to exist
retepetersSep 17, 2014 1:13 PM
Sep 17, 2014 1:56 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lil-Bird said:
Cindy blew himself up with a bass? That's hardcore.

LOL XD

That was a...pretty hilarious episode. I kept bursting into laughter at the randomness of it all. The whole Tokugawa/shogun thing was meh. But I liked most of the characters and enjoyed many of the songs. Not sure what to think about the very last scene o_o
Sep 17, 2014 2:22 PM
Feb 2013
It's a bit exaggerated but not bad.

Whoa, wtf is this American wearing? He kinda looks like a trap.
Sep 17, 2014 2:48 PM
Mar 2012
Overall, the series itself was okay, but I loved the music. Great set-up for a second season though, Matthew Perry Jr. appears in the end.
Sep 17, 2014 3:06 PM

Feb 2010
The ending where Ryouma's band was alive was so predictable, it was painful. -_-

I'm baffled on why all the guys - including the Shogun - were naked, but I think it's best if I didn't know.

I'm so glad this is finally over. This isn't the worst anime I've ever seen, but it was still stupid to the point where I just didn't give a shit about anything.

The guy's outfit at the final scene looked so awful...o.o

It looks as if they're gonna do a second season, but if they do that, I'm not gonna bother watching it (Nor will I watch the OVA). It was irritating enough watching this, so I'd rather not suffer anymore.

My final score: 3/10
Sep 17, 2014 4:10 PM

Jun 2014
That ending was awesome! They also showed Perry at the end, so could they be hinting at a second season? I hope so!

Loved the music, loved the story and just thought this anime was really good for being based on a video game! 8/10!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Sep 17, 2014 5:26 PM

Oct 2013
This show was completely fucked up all the way through to the end.
Sep 17, 2014 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
LOLOLOL That was one ridiculous show, that's for sure. It was stupid, didn't make sense, and was predictable. But all in all, it was fun and enjoyable. Extra points for not making the show confusing like other game/music adaptions (Dmmd, Mekaku City Actors etc.)

Honestly not sure how to score this. I'll lean towards a 6/10 and adjust later.

YOOOO is that Suwajun? S2 pls

This show definitely pandered to the fans of seiyuu/otome and the original game. I liked it of course. Too bad most of MAL won't.
Sep 17, 2014 10:52 PM

Oct 2011
I love the ending song. Rock On !!!

Suwabe <3 Season 2 when !!!!!!! I want to hear him Rock on!!!!!
Sep 17, 2014 11:58 PM

Jul 2007
Man definitely one of the hardest shows to rank in a long time. So stupid yet so entertaining. I was laughing my ass off this entire episode, I don't think anyone involved in the production of this episode took it seriously lol
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2014 3:58 AM

Feb 2010
I don't believe i spent 12 weeks following this series lmao
It's such a bad series but this last episode omg lolllll so dramatic!!!
The music overall by the end of it is pretty decent but other than that it's just ehk imo

4/10 from me hahaha
Sep 18, 2014 4:56 AM

Apr 2014
A ridiculous ending to a ridiculous series, but I mean that in a good way. Seriously, a part of me wonders objectively why I continued watching this series every week but it was just so much OTT fun that you actually want to just hang in there for one more episode. The music was great, although the recycling of songs got to me a bit towards the end, and I'll be honest the music and seiyuu who were singing the songs were the main thing that attracted me to the series. I'm curious to know if the series is popular enough to get a second season since they introduced that new character at the end? Well, it stayed fun til the end anyway.
Sep 18, 2014 7:59 AM
Oct 2008
this show was a hot mess from start to finish and that's what i came to love about it

it was a bit of silliness that i watched to pick up my spirits and even came to like the songs

i hope it gets a second season for no other reason than i hope to get more music from it and another 12 eps of mindless fun
Sep 18, 2014 9:06 AM

Sep 2013
That was so gooooood XD

8/10 except for using the same song over and over and over again it was cool ;)
Sep 18, 2014 12:22 PM
Apr 2013
I can't believe I watched 12 episodes of this shit.
Sep 18, 2014 1:20 PM

Jul 2014
PASSIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON

It was good. When started to see the members being defeating I was wondering if they were dead or just knocked out lol

Sep 18, 2014 1:53 PM

Jun 2012
MrsKotobuki said:
I can't believe I watched 12 episodes of this shit.

I still think it was more entertaining than almost half anime from this season :P
Sep 18, 2014 2:51 PM

Aug 2013
This was a really fun show to watch! Sure the plot wasn't great but I was entertained the entire time.

6/10 It was so bad it was good!
PoeticJustice said:
nigga i am black, do you think my ass would fit in? "Oh look it is negro kun." Hell no.
Sep 18, 2014 7:12 PM

May 2014
Cindy = kamikaze
Sep 19, 2014 9:42 AM
Sep 2014
Wow...
I think I'm the only one who enjoyed this series, even if the plot was predictable :3
Oh well 8/10
^_^
Sep 19, 2014 6:01 PM

Aug 2008
This is one of these series which are so bad, that they are actually good ;P
Ridiculous as hell, but enjoyable nevertheless :)

7/10 from me - stupid, but fun, and the music was great! (Tatsun and Kishou <3)

If there was a sequel with Suwabe's character (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcID17iz_CE), I would definitely watch it ^^
Sep 19, 2014 6:53 PM

May 2011
What a tantrum, I really wanted to watch someone sock him a good one. :P Of course it was a bit amazing seeing their last fights being full of shirtless wonder. And I laughed about the gunpowder move and the fall, ridiculous all the way. xD
Sep 19, 2014 9:03 PM

Mar 2013
OMG... best ending for an anime ever? lol seriously this is one of those anime that's so bad its good. I couldn't help loving every minute of it ^_^ this is more of a guilty pleasure then momo kyun sword :p
Sep 21, 2014 12:58 AM

Jun 2011
That part where Ryouma and the rest of the band surrounded the shogun naked and in angel wings, I seriously died.
I'm gonna miss this show, not the best, it was crap, but it was good crap.
7/10
Sep 21, 2014 1:09 AM
Jan 2014
This episode was worse than I expected.

I'm proud to rate this 1/10.

Second season? Please no. I highly doubt that.

If so, at least I'll be able to add another 1 to my list. That's always nice.
moving on.
Sep 21, 2014 5:09 AM

Jun 2012
2SugoiToActSugoi said:
This episode was worse than I expected.

I'm proud to rate this 1/10.

Second season? Please no. I highly doubt that.

If so, at least I'll be able to add another 1 to my list. That's always nice.

Too bad that you're being forced to watch second season as well...
Sep 21, 2014 11:17 AM
Jan 2014
naki12 said:
Mladen said:

Too bad that you're being forced to watch second season as well...

Or not watch it at all and decide it's 1/10 already, as (s)he has already done.

To be honest, it's always satisfying to feel disdain, or anything, while watching anime. Usually I'm deadpan. This anime got more than a few frowns and raised eyebrows out of me, especially during the last episode, so I'll be watching the second season... if it happens.

I don't know if I'd go as far as calling this a guilty pleasure, though...

[spoiler]YAY, SUGOTRON HAS FEELINGS TOO.
2SugoiToActSugoiSep 21, 2014 11:23 AM
moving on.
Sep 21, 2014 1:00 PM

Jun 2012
2SugoiToActSugoi said:
naki12 said:

Or not watch it at all and decide it's 1/10 already, as (s)he has already done.

To be honest, it's always satisfying to feel disdain, or anything, while watching anime. Usually I'm deadpan. This anime got more than a few frowns and raised eyebrows out of me, especially during the last episode, so I'll be watching the second season... if it happens.

If you disliked it so much, it's hardly a pleasure :P
Sep 21, 2014 4:25 PM
Jan 2014
Mladen said:
2SugoiToActSugoi said:

If you disliked it so much, it's hardly a pleasure :P
[/quote]

True. Sugotron must articulate her new feelings.

Analysis complete.

Besides being aesthetically mediocre in my opinion, I think the largest source displeasure from this anime was the fact that I found the humor tiring. And since that style of humor was always there, second after second, it was a chore to watch. I prefer an absurd, crude, off-the-wall sort of humor (example: I find my signature to be an ideal choice for getting a quick laugh), so the general stupidity that Bakumatsu Rock chose to use annoyed me. To some others, that is a strength in the show.

So it certainly wasn't a guilty pleasure, but in a certain degree, perhaps. A part of me awaited the ridiculousness of this anime each week, and I enjoyed critically tearing it apart and fussing about it. That didn't pertain to a higher score - however, the fact that I felt something from watching it is rare.

Heck, why else would I have not dropped it?

[spoiler]On second thought, maybe I'm just a masochist.

[spoiler]I'm rambling now. I'll just go.
2SugoiToActSugoiSep 22, 2014 1:09 AM
moving on.
Sep 30, 2014 11:12 PM

Jun 2011
LOL They stripped the shota too. It's so ridiculous it's a bit enjoyable for me, but I personally thought they could push it further in term of over the top.

Not sure if I'll watch the sequel if there is one. I am bored of the talks about rock and whatnot.

After I finished the series, I am still not sure how did the first volume sold nearly 4k.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 28, 2014 11:51 AM

Feb 2013
They should've at least shown some signs of being heavily injured!
But whatever... ^^
Overall, the series was fun.. X'D
Nov 3, 2014 7:56 AM

May 2012
Fairly okay ending but in general it was pretty meh if you ask me, as a rock/metal fan myself this anime didn't really gave me any rock feeling to it in the first place and the slow pace, mediocre characters and plain setting wasn't really that good of a choice either... oh well it's good I've finished this one 3/10
Jan 2, 2015 4:43 PM

Jul 2009
Okay I laughed at the majority of this episode LOL XD Everybody sacrificing themselves 1 by 1 (instead of banding together to fight the things is what I thought they'd do), the shogun moping over Ii and then of course they manage to convince him to stop trying to rule the country with Heaven's Song and rock wins out in the end :P All very expected, I gotta say more transformations and shirtless bishies and the ANGELS WTF were all hilarious XD

Tbh I can see why people didn't like this, but I actually found it decently enjoyable. I mean OK, the music was like the only good thing but it was decently funny (also teribly cliched) and yeah OK, none of the characters or the animation or anything was AMAZING but it was okay! Idk if I'd watch a second season (judging from that American guy at the end) but hey, I'm gonna go ahead and rate this a 7/10 (only bumping it up a point because the music was pretty good) :P
May 19, 2015 10:41 AM

Feb 2012
This is so fucking ridiculous to the point it's actually good. That sacrificing one by one was so predictable, but Cindy blowing himself up was honestly so rad.

I can't stop fucking laughing at the Heaven-ish scene. Heaven's Song. Geddit? But lmfao, even the shogun can't keep himself with naked Angels singing whatever.

I'm actually pretty satisfied with the ending, although I won't mind another season. I really enjoyed the music, especially the ED, although it was quite repetitive. It would be nice to see Suwabe, and even more contagious stupidity....

Still debating whether to give it a 6 or a 7. PASSSSSSSIOOOOOOOOOOOON!!

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Nov 13, 2015 9:57 AM

Mar 2015
Naosuke nooooo ;_;

I was sure they would also resurrect him :(
Apr 28, 2016 1:22 AM
Feb 2015
Ughh ~cries~ this show better get a second season soon that ending definitely hints for one but anyways I've never been into the music genre as much as I am now. Bakumastu definitely knew how to lure me in, neither could Starmyu or Show by Rock do that. I found both shows very generic but with Bakumatsu colorful animation, amazing rock songs I fell in love instantly.

Now I'm asking myself how could this be rated so fucken low even if the plot is "silly" it has a bit of both action and historical so why couldn't this be at least a 7 D: Everyone could put aside the "silliness of the show" and enjoy the music <33 ~crosses fingers~ I hope to see my favorite rock band Ultra soul soon x'D

Final score: 10/10 if I could I woulda given it higher but Mal doesn't allow me to <-<
NoNameNoName000Apr 28, 2016 1:26 AM
Jun 25, 2019 4:50 PM

Oct 2015
I guess Ryouma invented crowd surfing with that fall!

I'm glad he saved Yoshinobu with rock and that gold guitar looked nice for the shogun. But I felt Yoshinobu was too whiny though and was being a spoiled brat claiming he was alone and stuff. That American guy at the end, I definitely don't want to see more of him with that drag outfit.

Overall I enjoyed it and the music. It got boring and cliché when they were splitting up at episode 10, but picked up at this episode. It's a fine series to just enjoy and not overanalyze it. I got they were trying to retell the Edo era using popular culture called rock, but it had its downfall though and its upsides.

6/10
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 5, 2020 11:47 AM

Mar 2012
i guess this was an elaborate promotion for the series next game.

but anyway, what a hilarious mess. the naked angels singing, ii's plain villain craziness, the shogun being just a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum. it ended well, anyway. i knew they weren't dead. best part was ryoma's fall.

i would watch a second season. the animation was great and i loved the overall visuals of the series. not only because they're very good looking, but the whole edo theme modernized. that actually looks really cool.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2014

29 by HikariShoumeiron »»
Jan 14, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2014

19 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 11:25 AM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2014

19 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 11:22 AM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2014

26 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 11:17 AM

Poll: » Bakumatsu Rock Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2014

23 by fukumenkei »»
Jul 5, 2020 3:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.