Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What do you think of Alluka?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 20, 2014 5:19 PM

Jul 2012
Sorry, I didn't know she was a girl until read through the Wiki page. I was so confused why they kept on switching the gender pronouns. :/
Sep 20, 2014 5:35 PM

Oct 2012
mayukachan said:
Sorry, I didn't know she was a girl until read through the Wiki page. I was so confused why they kept on switching the gender pronouns. :/

if that was directed at me do not worry my comment wasnt directed at you, and neither is the majority of this comment. theres just a bunch of ass hats in this thread being shitty and saying she is definitely boy and its annoying. like hey, are you fucking blind? god never comes down in the show and says alluka is a girl, but all of the protaganists all refer to her as a girl and the only people who refer to her as a boy are a pack of sociopath serial killers (who are great characters that i love very much) who also refer to her as an object sometimes. you have to be fucking delusional to defend the thought that togashi wrote her in as a boy, even if youre shitty to trans people irl.

stop forcing your ideologies on works of fiction that werent written with you and your rigid ass world view in mind.
Oct 4, 2014 4:21 PM
Oct 2014
Qans said:
PrimeX said:
I don't want to waste time to look back in the scenes when she was called she. She sounds like one. She looks like one. And Killua considers her as one. Maybe someone can prove this for me. Anyway I'm not having this stupid argument.

"All the Zoldyick children are boys. However, the distinction is that Kalluto is a cross-dresser (is biologically male, identifies self as a male, but dresses like a female for certain reasons) and Alluka is transgendered (is biologically male, but identifies self as a female and dresses as such because of it). Killua, respecting and understanding Alluka's wish to be treated as a girl, treats him like so."

"Two of Alluka's brothers, Illumi and Milluki, refer to Alluka as their brother. But Killua, the closest brother of Alluka, specifically states that Alluka is a "girl" and refers to Alluka as his sister multiple times. This inconsistency can be explained by Killua's intimate and understanding bond with Alluka, hence he would know and care that Alluka is mentally female, versus Illumi's cold and dehumanizing attitude towards Alluka."

Basically hes a tranny. I don't dislike Alluka but he is a male and I will call him by what he is, not what he wants to be. I want to be a famous musician, that doesn't make me one.

fuck you
you don't have the right to use the word tr*nny and alluka is a transgender girl fuck you you ignorant ass
stop misgendering alluka you're so nastyyy i hope you die
Oct 4, 2014 5:11 PM

Aug 2014
This thread.

No, Alluka did not make Gon and Killua break up.

How I see it is Alluka healed Gon.
Gon needed to pay for the mental scars he gave to Killua during CA.

The best resolve was for them to separate as an act of punishment for Gon, a time of compensation for both parties, and Alluka to receive the love she deserved to get.

Though I do LOVE, and I mean, I love the bromance between Gon and Killua, I also accepted this as a proper conclusion.
Oct 4, 2014 11:15 PM

Dec 2013
They might as well have named him Plot Device.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Oct 5, 2014 5:05 AM

Jun 2014
PrimeX said:
I kinda like her. But I want her powers to be more explained. It can't be that she's just a genie and Killua has infinite wishes. For her gender I've heard she's a dude in the manga but in the anime she's a she. Killua calls her that. And since this is anime discussion..

No stop. This is the most simple thing to understand. In both the anime and manga Killua is the only person who calls her a she. Because Alluka really is a guy but a transgender, and Killua being the only one who cares about her or knows about her knows this. Come on people this is so simple to understand.
Previously: BlueXRam
Apr 22, 2015 8:56 AM

Apr 2013
no she's super cute *-*
Jan 20, 2016 5:20 PM
Jan 2016
I sort of hate Alluka, for reasons i can't quite explain.

It's not her personality, I do think he/she is cute, but it's more about what he/she does.
Don't ask. Aside from that, i like Alluka's character =3
Jan 20, 2016 6:38 PM

Aug 2015
Monochrome said:
tesla21 said:
She's causing Gon and Killua to break up
Didn't Killua say something like "if I loose to Shoot I won't travel with Gon anymore" after talking to Biscuit? Even after removing the problem with Killua running away (the needle) it seemed like he was still going to go through with it, so Alluka has nothing to do with them separating. If anything she gives Killua something to do.

Of course this^ is only if I'm remembering things correctly .-.

Yup. Even early on in the anime, Killua said that he's going with Gon to find Gon's father for the mean time until finding out what he'd like himself to do. So, it wasn't Alluka that separated them. Even if she didn't exist, there would be something else that Killua would set out to do separated from Gon.

But Alluka was a beautiful addition to the story in that it revealed more of the true Killua at heart. Friendship with Gon and others revealed and further developed Killua's character as a faithful friend. But the revelation with Alluka was on another aspect. It's Killua since he was little: a gentle, caring, older brother that his family had tried so hard to suppress. There was no strengthening of this characteristic of his in the arc. It's just as it was and had always been. It was just set free. And it's amazing about Killua's character.
蒼穹を舞う。
Jan 21, 2016 3:39 AM

Oct 2015
"She's causing Gon and Killua to break up"
I'm not gonna lie, she does play a small part in that. (jk)

"Didn't Killua say something like "if I loose to Shoot I won't travel with Gon anymore" after talking to Biscuit? Even after removing the problem with Killua running away (the needle) it seemed like he was still going to go through with it, so Alluka has nothing to do with them separating. If anything she gives Killua something to do."

^
Jan 27, 2016 12:58 PM

Feb 2012
this thread gives me fucking ulcers
Feb 21, 2016 4:08 PM

Jun 2015
astrozombie84 said:
buddy41 said:
If Alluka wants to be called a female, then she's a female.
Gender has more to do with your mentality than what is physically between your legs.

there is a difference between sex, and gender.
however yes Alluka's gender identity is female.

Its common courtesy/respectful to refer to a transgendered person
by their chosen gender, rather then their sex.

Of course most people will still refer to alluka as a guy. either because they are anti LGBT, or because they are ignorant about transgenderism.
Most people are the latter, they haven't been educated about it, so they don't understand it.
OR
bcoz both Alluka and NYAferpito were made as females in the anime.
manga....... doesnt matter
Feb 21, 2016 9:47 PM

Jul 2013
Hating Alluka is pretty stupid her character with being conscious of the split personality and ability is very interesting and she brings alot of new plot development

her healing Gon would be the questionable part but were yet to see the ramifications of it
Feb 23, 2016 10:25 AM

Dec 2010
Enharmonic said:
This thread.

No, Alluka did not make Gon and Killua break up.

How I see it is Alluka healed Gon.
Gon needed to pay for the mental scars he gave to Killua during CA.

The best resolve was for them to separate as an act of punishment for Gon, a time of compensation for both parties, and Alluka to receive the love she deserved to get.

Though I do LOVE, and I mean, I love the bromance between Gon and Killua, I also accepted this as a proper conclusion.

Can we let this go gon apologize already stop bitching and move on.Gon and Killua are best friends ,friends fight no big deal mental scars my ass
hack5Feb 23, 2016 6:13 PM
Mar 16, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
Her powers really felt like an asspull. I mean, she's basically just the Dragon Balls that have been pulled out of absolutely nowhere. It was made worse by the fact that Killua doesn't even have to deal with the consequences of her power. He can just click his fingers and voila, wish granted.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jun 23, 2016 10:32 AM

Jun 2015
Why the fuck do I think the creator of this thread is a hardcore fujoshi who doesn't let any woman get between her yaoi ships?

I mean although Alluka is slightly annoying and if she's gone, who would still look like a dry potato? That's right. Gon.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2016 3:44 AM

Oct 2015
Cosmos said:
Who would still look like a dry potato? That's right. Gon.
Lol.

But he/she did show up only as a plot convinience though :l
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Jun 25, 2016 4:02 AM

Nov 2013
No, she's okay. I hate Hisoka though.
Such a waste of a character for HxH
Feb 12, 2017 7:50 AM
Feb 2017
I hate her now I have to like someone who DEFENTLY hates Alluka like Feitan who is my second person I love in Hunter X Hunter and now replaced Killua who is now in the trash and my big brother moved up so ya I haaaaaaatttttttteeeeeee hhhhhhheeeeeeerrrrrr sssssssooooooo mmmmmmuuuuuuuccccchhhh that I want to kill her. That's how much I hate her and I don't wannna kill nobody till she came into the world https://68.media.tumblr.com/7040e02df7bd7b9172e3d108d6afa211/tumblr_inline_ogk9tnNUqt1uyfnoz_500.gif
Xander_Morrow101Feb 12, 2017 8:06 AM
Apr 10, 2018 2:54 PM

Apr 2011
We went from "Overpowered but balanced because of the cost" to "WTF HAX FREE CHEAT CODES" powers, literally goes against everything shown in HxH. Probably the dumbest thing in the entire series. Dumber than killing the Cell ripoff with a poisonous nuke.

Healing Gon and showing us that this character is capable of doing anything without any cost is just plain retarded. It's really sad considering how much effort the author have put into the entire nen system.
May 18, 2020 10:26 PM
Sep 2015
tesla21 said:
Separated Gon and Kill.

Introduced deus ex machina where it doesn't belong.

you're right over there
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014 ( 1 2 )

animeboilolz - Yesterday

59 by plutoHendrixx »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

238 by mrymtrisyia78910 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

45 by PushedCaraway »»
11 hours ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.