Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2009 6:21 PM

Nov 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This week, we get to see Andou-kun's family and their Japanese sweets shop. Most of the episode focused on Andou's younger brother, who hates cakes because he thinks that they're taking his brother away from him. As usual, the food was the best part of the episode.
Oct 29, 2009 5:52 AM

Apr 2008
ok episode ... thou also kinda boring ..

Oct 30, 2009 12:33 AM

May 2008
man that looks tasty , MAMADAIFU ! Quite interesting nicknames too, Cake pig rofl

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 30, 2009 8:15 AM
Feb 2009
Andou's voice when he is small is quite annoying... >.<

next week we gonna see a new fairy XD
oblivious is a bliss
Oct 30, 2009 8:43 AM

Apr 2009
I don't know why I like this show.
Maybe because I love cakes too?
Oct 30, 2009 3:48 PM

Aug 2008
Same here, Sherr...as long as I get lots of cake, I'll be more than happy.
Oct 30, 2009 8:07 PM

Apr 2009
Keeki <3
Oct 31, 2009 7:41 AM

May 2009
I enjoyed this episodes like the others! =)

Cakes<3
Nov 2, 2009 1:41 PM

Sep 2009
Yeah, not really sure what's spurring me on to watching this show other than my love for culinary.

I mean, really. Magical fairies who take pictures of cakes, put them on cards, and help people make sweets? Kinda sounds reminiscent to the 1990's anime.

Though I like the OP and ED... >->
-
Nov 4, 2009 10:18 PM

Oct 2009
what is this i don't even

I wish someone could explain to me why I love this show so much. I think I've reached a new all time low. There should never be a show that turns my thought process into a big mushy mess of, "...... ~ cake ^_^ ~"
Nov 5, 2009 8:00 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
I don't know why I'm watching this. By past experience I should have dropped this before I get too deep into it....

But I just have a feeling that it will eventually get better....

Green Tea Ke-ki are delicious by the way (+all Asians love red bean paste)
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 12, 2009 9:39 AM

Jun 2008
Not a great episode, but was quite entertaining. It certainly had it's heart warming moments. We also saw a bit more of an aggressive side from Ichigo too.
Nov 15, 2009 8:11 PM

Aug 2009
Okay there is something wrong here.

I would normally have dropped an anime at this point but there some sort of charm keeping me here. It's a combination of the sweets and some sort of mega-cuteness factor.
Nov 18, 2009 4:38 AM

Mar 2009
God that little kid was annoying.

Feb 12, 2010 8:54 AM

Sep 2008
garfield15 said:
Okay there is something wrong here.

I would normally have dropped an anime at this point but there some sort of charm keeping me here. It's a combination of the sweets and some sort of mega-cuteness factor.

I have the same feeling. Usually the over-cutesy-ness would have scared me away and made me drop the series already... but I'm still here, watching it. ._.'' Maybe it's just the food, since I love the culinary arts myself.

I don't get the point of sending those little cards to that Queen Fairy type person in the picture...

That cake looked delicious. But I did find Ichita a little annoying with his "I hate cake!" repetition... Pff, you never know until you try, obviously! XD
Mar 10, 2010 10:49 AM

Jul 2009
merle_noir said:
garfield15 said:

That cake looked delicious. But I did find Ichita a little annoying with his "I hate cake!" repetition... Pff, you never know until you try, obviously! XD

uh well he hated cakes because he felt like they "took away" his brother and his dream... not because he doesn't like the taste?
Destiny~
Oct 11, 2010 9:17 PM

Sep 2008
Congratulations Ichigo, you were not the one to cry this episode.
I loved the little kids crawling all over her though.

The IRL sponge cake didn't look too good...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2010 6:56 AM
Aug 2009
It was an alright episode but this anime makes me hungry the cake looked delicious.
Mar 19, 2011 4:02 AM

Feb 2008
why would you open a new store next to your family's store selling almost the same thing? Either you'd drive them out of business or go bust yourself. wouldn't it be better to simply expand the existing store and its menu? or open the new store at an entirely different location?

also, this felt like a filler episode for some reason.
Apr 22, 2011 1:35 AM
Mar 2011
yey, ichigo didn't cry! (her voice gets annoying -.-)
wonder, how people like red bean paste. and how to make a sweet cake of it. (?)
anyway, that doesn't matter now...
maybe this episode wanted to show the familar backgrounds of andou, so maybe there will come episodes about two other sweet princes.

this idee about to build a store next to a identical one.. i'm sceptical about that. it's not very smart. i would open a store in a area, there're no sweet shops. or they can also just make a new section.
Jun 23, 2011 12:12 AM

Feb 2011
ggguurruuu annoying xD
Dec 15, 2021 4:42 AM

Aug 2017
Annoying kid but I don't mind, that cake looked delicious.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 21, 2022 8:57 AM

Jul 2021
Ichigo is such a dessert lover lol this is the real justification and the first or second episode could also be evidential to that. Also, she wants to become a waitress, maybe to earn her own money and benefit, also being a waitress can be hard if you have to like recall larger orders so again don't expect everything to be possible. Ichigo is getting insulted by a younger boy lol not gonna like it as much as I don't mind Ichigo getting bad luck, I think it's too early to judge for me to even tell that Ichigo has been constantly getting bad luck since 50 episodes in total would right off the bat develop her conscience in the latter.

I'm not a fan of Daifuku but Ichigo makes me wanna crave and make some lol I do know the process of making the filling itself will take some time to reach its consistency and learning the basics in a past generation is one of the best ways to balance the taste and texture of those Daifuku. It's interesting to know the glasses- guy and Kashino's childhood story about eating a cake and starting learning how to make one from scratch lol, love this guy's purpose of becoming a pastry chef. Ichita's dilemma of hating cake is like the most things people would normalize for instance, I hate fucking porridge and I would struggle to get away with it, fuck I would rather get slap and cope with it but his mutuality with Ichigo went fixed as an icing on the cake.
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 9 Discussion

garfield15 - Nov 28, 2009

28 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 3:16 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 8 Discussion

garfield15 - Nov 21, 2009

27 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:50 AM

» I hate Ichigo..

Becloud - Oct 10, 2010

4 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 7 Discussion

MorningGlory - Nov 17, 2009

29 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 2:03 AM

Poll: » Yumeiro Patissiere Episode 5 Discussion

greenmush - Nov 4, 2009

29 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Jan 16, 1:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.