Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2014 5:09 PM
Jul 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How can anybody dismiss this as "just another kids' show" when they're discussing seriously mature and intellectual issues such as the morality and ethics of an organized currency system? I mean, yes, it is obviously a show aimed at kids - what with the butt and fart jokes and all - but the actual plotlines going on are incredibly complex and thoughtful. These are the same kind of concepts and problems that Marx and Smith both attempted to tackle, just dressed up in hot-blooded fighting shounen. The fights are fun as heck to watch too, on top of that.

While the Money Ghost is obviously portrayed as the villain, he's also very sympathetic, with a cause that many of us can understand, who is just trying to do what he thinks is best for the world. The flaws that turn him into a villain are just cynicism and some traces of egotism, not outright malice or any sort of evil nature.

The return of Deborah was a nice touch - I hope he gets a permanent minor role on Team Hero.

"Real world" Hero Suit fights are something I've been looking forward to for a while now, and they ended up just as good as I was hoping for. Hopefully we won't be confined to the arena for fights any more after this.

I'm hoping the show will manage to go on for a full four cours, but I'm not sure where it could go after the battle with the Money Ghost. If it ends here, I won't be too upset. It'll have been a fun ride, with a surprisingly deep layer of actual academic issues hidden underneath.
Sep 18, 2014 10:08 AM

Sep 2012
Yes, it can't be just another kidsshow. It has deep storyline and I also think that the Money Gost is very sympathetic, he does that all that nobody becomes like him. Really really great show. I don't think it will end now, because there is a second part but I don't think it will be so good like this one.
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hero Bank Episode 1 Discussion

27CansOfTuna - Apr 7, 2014

10 by valoon »»
Apr 8, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Hero Bank Episode 51 Discussion

Xeogran - Mar 30, 2015

1 by KuchikiTaicho »»
Sep 23, 2023 7:24 AM

Poll: » Hero Bank Episode 9 Discussion

27CansOfTuna - Jun 2, 2014

2 by JasonGG »»
Aug 28, 2015 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hero Bank Episode 48 Discussion

ShiroiRyu - Mar 11, 2015

1 by valoon »»
May 28, 2015 4:14 PM

Poll: » Hero Bank Episode 44 Discussion

valoon - Apr 1, 2015

0 by valoon »»
Apr 1, 2015 12:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.