Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2014 12:04 AM

Jul 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a huge improvement from the dull first case. Although the culprit was easy to guess, I still think everything else was planned out well. It was pretty obvious that it was that guy when he offered to go on the boat and rejected Kindaichi's offer to accompany him
. Anyhow, I really liked that grey idea of saving a bunch of people while sacrificing one vs not sacrificing and risking everyone's lives. It was pretty well encorporated albeit not touched on.
Sep 15, 2014 7:10 AM

Sep 2013
So Touno is the culprit and he killed himself in the end lol.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 15, 2014 10:39 AM

Jul 2012
AsianKungFu said:
So Touno is the culprit and he killed himself in the end lol.

Yeah, pretty much.
Oct 7, 2016 8:04 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Sad case :( loved it
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 16, 2018 11:18 PM

Oct 2012
RIP those people who died for nothing
So what happened to the membership prize?
"Signature removed"
Feb 18, 2019 9:52 AM
Aug 2018
So I had the right hunch regarding Touno Eiji who acted suspicious when he turned down the volume of the radio just when they were about to say in which direction Jason fled.

But I also got confused about his "death". Didn't expect that outcome.

And damn, that old geezer killed a child.. depending on the watertemperature, she could have survived if she either clung to the raft or had his suitcase. Looks like he valued his suitcase more than the life of a child. Disgusting.

Rayl1ght said:
RIP those people who died for nothing
So what happened to the membership prize?

In the manga it's said that due to the incident, the resort was closed down indefinitely. No resort, no prize.
tr25a3Feb 18, 2019 10:13 AM
Jun 8, 2019 7:33 AM

Apr 2016
So they didn't mention the death of Miyuki's cousin? Like is Miyuki not heart broken or sad about this, they kinda just gloss over it.
Jun 8, 2019 7:38 AM

Aug 2018
Genkai said:
So they didn't mention the death of Miyuki's cousin? Like is Miyuki not heart broken or sad about this, they kinda just gloss over it.

Unfortunately, Miyuki doesn't get much development for a while. She does eventually, though.
Apr 3, 2020 5:08 AM

Mar 2012
Pretty ruthless of that old guy to push away the girl. You already got one foot in the grave old man so might as well have given her your spot on the boat.

That whole situation is pretty messed up though so I can see why the survivor wouldn't be charged with a crime.
Jul 23, 2020 5:53 AM

Oct 2015
Damn was that incest subplot at the end really needed? apart from that I'd say it was a pretty solid case, better than the first in terms of actual mystery but the trick on the first one was better
Feb 7, 2021 1:17 PM

Oct 2015
A good - albeit grotesque in the way the suspects were portrayed here - case in the manga that was so poorly adapted. Little did I remember how bad that whole slasher narrative was in the anime. Saying it was rushed would be the understatement of the century: it was like fast forwarding through the manga pages without really taking the time to let the events, the clues or the emotional moments grow on you.

It would be the equivalent of glueing some of the iconic panels together, then dubbing over them, and calling it a day. If the anime staff really wanted to fit this '10-chapter detective arc' into a 'three-episode format', then they had to rewrite some of it in order for the case to feel 'natural' at best. Again, what a pity! The twists and turns were quite compelling in the original story: even the little, smaller deductions had this 'haha' moment quality to them. Here, the process felt so mindless it still hurts to this day.

Regarding the 'incest' subplot, that was certainly one final twist the narrative did not need: after expanding the culprit's motive, it felt a bit distasteful to end their story on that specific note. It is the kind of 'shock factor over substance' that Kindaichi as a series has been guilty of from the start.
Apr 1, 2021 12:18 PM
Jul 2018
Compared to the first arc, this arc as a whole felt a bit rushed. It's like they were speed running thorough scenes. Also, they had like Miyuki's cousin dies and she and Kindaichi are like as if they don't even care, wtf. After Ep5, it was kinda obvious it would be their senpai. It was a good case overall.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Episode 62 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Sep 10, 2018

1 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Episode 61 Discussion

Etherius_ZS - Mar 30, 2022

1 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Episode 56 Discussion

Etherius_ZS - Mar 27, 2022

1 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 29, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Episode 140 Discussion

Etherius_ZS - Mar 27, 2022

1 by Rayl1ght »»
Feb 26, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (TV) Episode 148 Discussion

iamKetranLang - Jun 12, 2017

4 by Rayl1ght »»
Feb 26, 4:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.