Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2009 9:33 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Though I know Kyoko's parents have good intentions, I always hate the idea of parents meddling in their child's affairs. Especially, when their daughter happens to be a 22 year-old woman who obviously has a firm grasp on life. While the outcome will is obvious, I wonder how this will ultimately work itself out and how it'll affect both Kyoko and Godai.

Also, it's funny how similar Kyoko is to her mother.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 30, 2011 5:51 PM

Sep 2008
It's nice that Kyoko took the chance to fix up the place. :D Honestly, I was annoyed on Godai's behalf for that stupid hole in his wall. That would drive me absolutely insane. Godai's awfully tolerant... as is Kyoko, of her parents. It was funny in the beginning when she purposely 'forgot' her good manners when she was with her parents and arguing. :P First time I've seen her like this - i.e. how she acted in this episode. It was kind of refreshing! She seems more and more human all the time... I'm glad.
Jul 13, 2012 9:48 PM

Oct 2009
insan3soldiern said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Though I know Kyoko's parents have good intentions, I always hate the idea of parents meddling in their child's affairs. Especially, when their daughter happens to be a 22 year-old woman who obviously has a firm grasp on life. While the outcome will is obvious, I wonder how this will ultimately work itself out and how it'll affect both Kyoko and Godai.

merle_noir said:
It's nice that Kyoko took the chance to fix up the place. :D Honestly, I was annoyed on Godai's behalf for that stupid hole in his wall. That would drive me absolutely insane. Godai's awfully tolerant... as is Kyoko, of her parents. It was funny in the beginning when she purposely 'forgot' her good manners when she was with her parents and arguing. :P First time I've seen her like this - i.e. how she acted in this episode. It was kind of refreshing! She seems more and more human all the time... I'm glad.

Wow that was a rather epic fight she had with her parents. I was actually proud of Kyoko for standing her ground so firmly. As you said, it was quite refreshing! =)
Totally agree with both of you. Her mom is getting wayyy too over-controlling. Parents should NOT be controlling every aspect of their child's life at this stage of their life. Giving advice and being there for support is one thing, but manipulating and having absolute control of their life, that's utterly ridiculous! It also shows a lack of good parenting. If a parent did a good job of raising their child and teaching them the ways of life, they should be able to trust in their child's judgement and allow them the freedom to make their own choices, especially at the age of 22.
Of course, my opinion could be a bit biased being that I'm not a parent myself, but logically this makes sense to me...
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Dec 28, 2012 9:33 PM

Dec 2011
Great episode!
Feb 13, 2013 12:45 PM

Apr 2012
The whole argument Kyoko had with her family was great. It really showed a very different side of her than what we usually see.

insan3soldiern said:

Yeah, I agree - I especially liked her mother's ironic comment about wondering where Kyoko learned some of her behaviors from.
Oct 2, 2015 8:24 AM
May 2015
Everyone wants to be in their own feet. I anime has all kind of feelings.
Oct 2, 2015 8:25 AM
May 2015
JohnGalt89 said:
The whole argument Kyoko had with her family was great. It really showed a very different side of her than what we usually see.

insan3soldiern said:

Yeah, I agree - I especially liked her mother's ironic comment about wondering where Kyoko learned some of her behaviors from.
Completely agree
Aug 7, 2016 10:00 PM

Jan 2013
Dramatic ending, pretty good episode.
Apr 24, 2017 2:24 PM

May 2009
I can see why Kyoko's parents are acting this way towards her; Marrying an older man( I wonder if they eloped since her parents obviously were against this relationship) and then becoming a widow not long after the marriage. But Kyoko's very independent for her age so I think it's rude of them to all of a sudden barge into her life and try to make her do things their way because they think it's "best" for her. Only Kyoko knows what's best for her and I'm proud that she's able to stand up against her parents for that.
LOL it was hilarious how Kyoko "manspread" her legs like that XD ( If Godai ever saw that OMG)
Sep 28, 2017 4:02 PM

May 2015
What a drama. Kyoko's father getting rekt by wife and daughter. :(((

"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 18, 2018 3:06 PM

Nov 2016
I should've seen that coming, parent's butting in is so common for rom/coms. Kinda sad for a self reliant woman/girl like Kyoko.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 19, 2019 11:55 PM

Jul 2015
Rip Kyoko's father, not getting much respect from both his wife and daughter

We all know that wall is getting a hole after being plastered, nothing can stop Yotsuya from entering Godai's room

Jan 16, 2020 10:46 PM

Jun 2016
Aww shit this episode was a serious one,I'm high af rn so I was expecting a comedy episode but yeah still enjoyable. Also this is our first ever cliffhanger.

Godai said lots of bad shit about Kyoko's father,situations that you could find yourself in real life. She has some strict parents,the parents were thinking something like: 'If our daughter is only 22 and could earn more money at a better Job then why not go for it instead of staying in a almost minimum wage.'

I guess 80's parents are stricter

I think she probably earns around 135,000 Yen so not a lot. But hey it's not that bad as the father says it is,I mean you work and live there.

Those contractors were like,I have never ever seen something so entertaining like this hence they said "Better than a Live Theater"

Also they were enjoy seeing Akemi's hot body in that Pajama. That day is the best day of those contractor's work career.

Soichiro lmao,that dog is so stupid.
Jan 18, 2021 9:14 PM
Jul 2018

Damn, Kyoko's been pissed lately. For once she even put Yotsuya in his place.

The father's also funny. He seems like he has good intentions, but even he gets angry. But any boldness he exhibits is easily overturned with a, "hey, that's not nice ;("

Also, Kozue is frickin bae. I know Godai's not interested, but does he not find her to be adorable. I mean look at that smile. (; All Godai had to do was mention marriage, and that's literally her reaction. Look at that happiness. (;

This was a very, very good episode. Lots happened. And the focal point was actually Kyoko this time.
removed-userJan 18, 2021 9:21 PM
Feb 7, 2021 4:43 AM
Jul 2019
narulovesramen said:
I can see why Kyoko's parents are acting this way towards her; Marrying an older man( I wonder if they eloped since her parents obviously were against this relationship) and then becoming a widow not long after the marriage. But Kyoko's very independent for her age so I think it's rude of them to all of a sudden barge into her life and try to make her do things their way because they think it's "best" for her. Only Kyoko knows what's best for her and I'm proud that she's able to stand up against her parents for that.
LOL it was hilarious how Kyoko "manspread" her legs like that XD ( If Godai ever saw that OMG)
totally agree with you! This episode is indeed hilarious and refreshing! XD
Feb 7, 2021 5:15 AM
Jul 2019
CatLoverMoshi said:
narulovesramen said:
totally agree with you! This episode is indeed hilarious and refreshing! XD
DiangeloKun18 said:
Aww shit this episode was a serious one,I'm high af rn so I was expecting a comedy episode but yeah still enjoyable. Also this is our first ever cliffhanger.

Godai said lots of bad shit about Kyoko's father,situations that you could find yourself in real life. She has some strict parents,the parents were thinking something like: 'If our daughter is only 22 and could earn more money at a better Job then why not go for it instead of staying in a almost minimum wage.'

I guess 80's parents are stricter

I think she probably earns around 135,000 Yen so not a lot. But hey it's not that bad as the father says it is,I mean you work and live there.

Those contractors were like,I have never ever seen something so entertaining like this hence they said "Better than a Live Theater"

Also they were enjoy seeing Akemi's hot body in that Pajama. That day is the best day of those contractor's work career.

Soichiro lmao,that dog is so stupid.
lol, I kept repeating it at that part where the contractors are waving at Akemi and she waves back, not minding that she's wearing a see-through XD it's just so hilarious
Jun 7, 2021 11:25 PM

Jul 2020
Ahh parent/child drama in a rom/com. Should’ve seen that coming, wonder how this will escalate
Jun 24, 2021 10:33 AM
Sep 2019
so she knows he faps to her
Nov 25, 2022 8:43 PM

Apr 2016
Like mother, like daughter but this felt just like the build up.

Kozue, you deserve better than pining after Yuusaku.
Apr 2, 2023 11:59 AM

May 2022
Now we know where Kyoko san got her temperament from :P

She is an adult, her parents shouldn't be controlling and medling into her life like that.

Well executed cliffhangers in a good series such as this one is why I want to see more and more.
Feb 19, 12:54 PM

May 2022
Godai san "dropping hints about marriage" to Kozue chan. Maybe Godai san worded it weird or Kozue chan wanted to understand in incorrectly.

Trains
EPs 16/96
In total 31 (+1)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 7 Discussion

hellogoodbye - Jun 2, 2011

20 by breddie_sucks »»
Apr 14, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 63 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 9, 2009

30 by alexrawk »»
Apr 11, 4:07 PM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 6 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Oct 25, 2009

28 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 5:26 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 5 Discussion

hellogoodbye - May 31, 2011

27 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Maison Ikkoku Episode 4 Discussion

good-time - Jul 28, 2010

19 by _untitled »»
Apr 2, 2:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.