Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Sep 18, 2014 10:06 AM

Jun 2013
Holy Shit, praise the Onii-sama!, Onii-sama is love, Onii-sama is life :), also Miyuki get more cute with every episode, someone please tell me whats the soundtrack that sounds in the last part of this episode? when Miyuki takes Onii-sama and kiss his forehead (is a guitar soundtrack), I have the entire OST but this song didnt come in it :(.
Puedes matar al hombre pero la idea quedara ...
Sep 18, 2014 10:26 AM

Dec 2013
Seriously... FML! Stupid job wasting all my precious anime viewing hours..... The cons of having a long holiday planned is that one has gotta finish up as much crap as one can before leaving. I can't believe that for a second straight week I've almost been able to view consecutive episodes within 48 hours of one another....

The episode was good, and the debate here is even better. The much anticipated de-limbing was great to watch as it was pretty much uncensored. The battle prep and the big reveal by the rest of the 101st was fun. You definitely would expect that with all the strange shit that happens around and to Tatsuya specifically that none of his close friends would be that surprised by the feats that he could do by that point.

I can't wait to see the big finale, and to get back to my LNs as well! Having made no progress since volume 3, as I watch this show right now the feeling I get is that I'm missing a lot of the details from the LN, which seriously sucks.

ARGH!!! FML!!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 18, 2014 11:45 AM

Jun 2014
tatsuya is too op , and we dont even know why . this is fucking bullshit
Sep 18, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2008
Segneal said:

You'd find out why in the next arc but you're not getting that till season two. So suck it up and enjoy the carnage and destruction
Sep 18, 2014 3:52 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
-speechless-
Sep 18, 2014 5:06 PM
Oct 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Segneal said:

You'd find out why in the next arc but you're not getting that till season two. So suck it up and enjoy the carnage and destruction

yea but he's only OP cause he's a big fish in a small pond....trust me there are much larger fish in the ocean...
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Sep 18, 2014 6:14 PM

Apr 2008
odysseyrh said:
Darklight0303 said:

yea but he's only OP cause he's a big fish in a small pond....trust me there are much larger fish in the ocean...

Yep pretty much this
Sep 18, 2014 7:10 PM

Jan 2011
Mod Note: Note that several off-topic and derailing comments have been removed from this page. Please focus discussion on the episode rather than simply making negative posts to provoke a reaction.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 18, 2014 7:47 PM
Oct 2012
Haruka-SD said:
You might be right that this is a "setting series", but regardless my opinion stands: Tatsuya and Miyuki were first and everything around them was fabricated so that it's convenient for them.

The I take it you don't like "Superman" either, after all he came first and then the setting was fabricated around him.

As for your critique: there are errors of logic and there are assumptions.

In Superman it is assumed that a "yellow" sun makes Kryptonians "Super". If one cannot accept this assumption then one shouldn't read/watch Superman. It is pointless and stupid to complain that "the sun can't do this to people". That was why I said above that if one cannot accept the setting of a story, then they should just drop it because that IS what the story is.

Errors of logic are things that people can critique, because these violate the assumptions that the author himself had established. So for example if some Kryptonians do not become "Super" under a yellow sun and this is not explained, then that is the fault of the writer and should be pointed out.

To give another example. Most romances are "woman's love transforms the bad boy". I find this concept laughable which is my I don't read romances. I don't go onto each and every romance thread and complain about "gees his back story is fabricated so that she can rescue him" because it is plain stupid to do so.

Now I had issues with this show for a very long time, if you go back into the threads you will see that for the first 13 episodes I dished on this show pretty hard. I said then that what I didn't like was that what we were shown seemed to contradict what came later, which at the time was true. But episodes 15 and 16 finally tied the pieces together (in other words it contextualized the setting of the story). Once this was done the contradictions were resolved and I stopped complaining.

I still do think that there are massive problems with this animation, in particular in the things they left out that they didn't need to (for instance when Tatsuya did his hand chop a lot of people were stunned, the novel covers this very well, the animation not so much), and if critics want to talk about those things then lets have at it. Things that are not explained at all should be commented on. This is why I have this show tentatively slated for a 7.

Two things though:
There is a difference between puzzling and a logical fault. Most of the problems in this show are puzzling, i.e. something seems to be missing. My default for puzzling, particularly when a show is an adaption of a LN is to assume that the flaw lies with the adaption, not the source. I know how difficult adapting a novel is, so I give the writer the benefit of the doubt until I can confirm that the source has the same flaw. In blaming the animation I then rate how critical the omission is and then judge them based on that. Anything I don't think is critical I give the adapters a pass on, because they may have written it, but it was cut in production (Gatchaman Crowds is a fabulous example of this). However critical misses deserve to be attacked.

If you read some of my criticism in earlier episodes you will see that I have always honored this principle. I am nothing if not consistent.

The second thing is that far too many of the critics of this show are taking things too personally. I have also said this elsewhere, but I totally understand why Chinese are very leery of anything that smells of Japanese Imperialism. They should be concerned. However this feeling does not replace being honest about what it is you're criticizing. If this series really was promoting Japan and downgrading China, I would definitely be on the Chinese side, not because of some great love of China, but out of my understanding of history. However there is absolutely no evidence to support the contention that Satou is anti-Chinese. Yes he starts out with external enemies, but even in those novels he always (and I do mean always) states that no matter how barbaric people act that it isn't their fault. He likewise does not praise Japan, indeed as the series progresses the enemy has internalized. Unfortunately it is not covered in the story the animation is adapting, but it is there.
Sep 20, 2014 8:24 PM

Aug 2008
SmilingBeginner said:
You know...as a Chinese-native (who also live in Japan for a while, currently in USA), I felt a little guilty when translating this part of the novel into Chinese, but again, most Chinese light novel readers act really really mature and simply accept that their country is a big lame villain that will get blew to pieces in the Mahouka universe.(in the web version, the union was straightly referred as "China Federation" , of course it was changed when the work was released in official volumes) And for the record, Mahouka is one of the most popular light novel titles in China and Taiwan region, both fan translations and official volumes.

The anime adaptation in this particular episode was done very well. Satou-sensei's writing style is very hard to translate into anime format, and you can tell the director and the production team did their best effort.

Two more episodes, let the "firework" begin!

Weird because Takuan_Soho says many Chinese people loathe this shows for being racist(or something along those line).

5) And this is the most important reason for Mahouka. There is a core group of Chinese viewers who loath this show because they think it is both nationalistic and militaristic. They believe that the writer is looking down on them and promoting Japanese imperialism. Now I will say that they have some evidence for that interpretation, however I believe they are not only wrong, but that the author means something totally different. They are seeing what they want to see: they see the Chinese being shown as weak and even a bit stupid, but they miss that most Japanese are also being shown as weak and more than a little stupid.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1246491&show=160#h1ZOttf33JYHCJj3.99

Takuan_Soho said:

"Why they hate it" is far too easy to justify a thread. There are two major reasons:
2) Many Chinese still have an inferiority complex. While I do not blame any person who is leery of any sign of Japanese militarization (Japan really is the last country in the world I would want to have the bomb - while I love Japan, having a solid chain of command that is accountable is not a Japanese thing), there is a difference between vigilance and mindless hatred. Most of the criticisms directed at this show fall into the latter, not the former.

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1266779&show=120#UCgBtWFyCwRvBUAe.99

Takuan_Soho said:

The second thing is that far too many of the critics of this show are taking things too personally. I have also said this elsewhere, but I totally understand why Chinese are very leery of anything that smells of Japanese Imperialism. They should be concerned. However this feeling does not replace being honest about what it is you're criticizing. If this series really was promoting Japan and downgrading China, I would definitely be on the Chinese side, not because of some great love of China, but out of my understanding of history. However there is absolutely no evidence to support the contention that Satou is anti-Chinese. Yes he starts out with external enemies, but even in those novels he always (and I do mean always) states that no matter how barbaric people act that it isn't their fault. He likewise does not praise Japan, indeed as the series progresses the enemy has internalized. Unfortunately it is not covered in the story the animation is adapting, but it is there.

What a contradiction.Which one is the truth?

However,if what SmilingBeginner said is correct,it mean all this time people who criticize this show negatively are not Chinese and they have been criticize this show objectively and from neutral perspective.

ZapredonSep 21, 2014 7:32 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 20, 2014 8:27 PM

May 2010
That's because Takuan_Soho was (and still is) strawmanning. That's reason enough to not take him seriously. In his recent posts, for some reason, he has a weird fascination with pointing out that Chinese people hate Mahouka for being racist or something or another, but that's none of my business.
Sep 26, 2014 4:59 AM

Aug 2013
Well things have got very serious all of a sudden with people being cut down left right and centre! Surely everyone will see Tatsuya in a much different light now,especially now his position in the military has been revealed! I'm guessing that Miyuki just released the safety or controlling mechanism over Tatsuya so that he can go 100% against these terrorists?
Sep 27, 2014 1:01 PM

Jan 2011
the moment when you realize that he was limiting his powers all along
Jesus level was more than enough to easily beat this canon fodder enemies, God level seems completely unnecessary
Sep 28, 2014 4:31 PM

Nov 2010
Chop chop chop, things got really serious there with Tatsuya and the rest
The scene with the zapped truck was impressive yet funny

The attention bow of A chan looked quite nice when fired
I don't get the scene where Tatsuya identity got revealed with all the schoolmates in front of the military
And told them to keep this a secret, while just pulling the Shiba siblings aside for a moment could have been enough to carry on the escape

The kiss of Miyuki on Tatsuya's fronthead seems to release his magical restrictions
Sep 28, 2014 9:42 PM

Apr 2013
Tatsuya full power?
Does his enemies even have a chance without his boost?
Oct 2, 2014 11:04 AM

May 2010
Erika being badass there. Too bad, Leo got knocked out.

Juumonji = man of 100 faces. Srsly his facial design keeps changing episode to episode.

Tatsuya will get even more badass next episode. but well, I don't care anymore. I am finally enjoying this show, watching it on a long-run helps.
Oct 4, 2014 6:54 PM

Sep 2013
I just learned all the physics I need.
Oct 7, 2014 3:41 AM

Dec 2013
silversaint said:
the moment when you realize that he was limiting his powers all along
Jesus level was more than enough to easily beat this canon fodder enemies, God level seems completely unnecessary
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 7, 2014 6:54 PM
Jul 2014
i just want to say millenario by elisa is one of my favorite anime ed of the year with zankyou no terror.
Oct 19, 2014 10:00 PM

Oct 2013
anime intensifies again >.>
[/quote]
Nov 3, 2014 7:07 AM
Nov 2013
This Episode turned into bloody battle now that surprised me o_O'
Dec 3, 2014 8:29 AM

Jul 2012
Seiryuu2 said:
About Miyuki's doing on his forehand, She just simply released Tatsuya's limiter. Now, in the next episode he will unleashes his full power :33

O__O; You mean he can get even more OP? He was nerfed this whole time?! WTF LOL

Now I don't regret not dropping this show xD
Dec 3, 2014 4:34 PM

May 2012
Pretty impressive episode! Let's see what happens next.
Jan 11, 2015 3:16 AM

Jan 2013
He's so OP that he can even see and shoot through walls. I still don't understand how he did that.
And then that last part, everyone now knows part of his identity, and he's got free reign (didn't he had it before? Wasn't he OP enough before?) I hope that he does something amazing with that free reign.
Feb 6, 2015 8:06 AM

May 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Miyuki released his power. This is why they have such a tight relationship, she uses her ability to limit Tatsuya's power. Back in episode 18 the military guy mentioned that there were several limiters on Tatsuya's powers, this was one of the Yotsuba's limiters. But in as much as Tatsuya has been unchained, so has Miyuki.
So that's how it is...
Feb 11, 2015 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
Finally the limiter is released wahahahaha.
But still why didn't they show any reaction like in the light novel..
They all just stood there like a tree during the whole conversation.
2 episode to see Tatsuya in full badass killer mode.
This is good enough.This is worth it all. XD
Mar 7, 2015 12:00 PM

Aug 2010
Tatsuya grabbed the bullet so cool! But wait, no reaction from anyone when he sliced off the man's arms??

The limiter is a kiss?!!
Jun 4, 2015 10:59 AM

Jun 2008
Oh! shit. Jesus has risen. If he could walk on water before then what the fuck would he do now?

Btw, what happened to the Crimson guy. Wasn't he a part of the security there?
I thought we will finally see him using his actual power.
MonadJun 4, 2015 12:00 PM
Jun 14, 2015 11:14 PM

Apr 2014
Finally we get another large scale attack that I had hoped for last arc. That escalated quickly. Stopping bullets, slashing arms off, killing people, destroying a truck through walls... Tatsuya is a machine. The supporting cast is now aware of Tatsuya's involvement with the military, and apparently Miyuki lifted a restraint on Tatsuya's abilities to grant him permission to go all out. His levels of OP just continue to rise throughout the series. I do find it interesting though that until this point, Mayumi was really the only one out of the group of friends who was shown to have any realistic non-trivial amount of shock toward Tatsuya's unreal combat abilities.

#JustWhoTheFuckIsTatsuyaShiba
ZeroDragonJun 14, 2015 11:29 PM
Jul 12, 2015 1:17 AM

May 2015
What did Miyuki do to Tatsuya? I'm really confused, lol.

EDIT: nvm, I understand now.
Aug 5, 2015 3:48 AM

May 2015
Wow!! The limiter is now gone!! Can't wait!!!
Sep 23, 2015 8:24 PM

Jun 2015
Nice Episode. Onii-sama was such a badass!!!
Supporting characters had their brief, but good, screen scene. But our brother and sister shone once more.
The Limiter? The one which the opening hints of? Hahaha that was kind of great, despite Tatsuya being such OverPowered he can get even more powerful? WOW.
Now what his commandant said to that old man after the Competition makes even more sense, since Tatsuya is even more powerful than this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2015 12:03 AM

Sep 2012
Not even Jesus, Buddha and Krishna were this perfect.
Jun 6, 2016 7:25 AM

May 2016
Well as all of you know everybody has it's own opinion when it comes to an anime. Even though this isn't going to be an episode related comment but still I'll mention it either way. This anime is just plainly boring for numerous reasons.

- First of all the characters. - Neither of them has developed until this episode whatsoever.
- Second is that overpowered shallow character called tatsuya. If anyone considers him a badass because of his abilities then this person should start watching anime where a profound characterization's been given instead of watching bullshit. I mean if someone goes far enough to throw a term like nuclear fusion in this magical crap setup then it shouldn't be too far fetched if you expect well written characters.
I won't even bother mentioning anymore points because it's not worth any effort coming from my side.

That's it - I hope I won't die of boredom while watching the remaining episodes.
Jun 6, 2016 10:00 AM
Mar 2015
Momentary said:
Well as all of you know everybody has it's own opinion when it comes to an anime. Even though this isn't going to be an episode related comment but still I'll mention it either way. This anime is just plainly boring for numerous reasons.

- First of all the characters. - Neither of them has developed until this episode whatsoever.
- Second is that overpowered shallow character called tatsuya. If anyone considers him a badass because of his abilities then this person should start watching anime where a profound characterization's been given instead of watching bullshit. I mean if someone goes far enough to throw a term like nuclear fusion in this magical crap setup then it shouldn't be too far fetched if you expect well written characters.
I won't even bother mentioning anymore points because it's not worth any effort coming from my side.

That's it - I hope I won't die of boredom while watching the remaining episodes.

I'm with you on that Tatsuya part, and I'm amazed how many Kirito haters there are in this world than Tatsuya. He's basically Kirito up to an 11...
Jun 15, 2016 8:17 AM

Feb 2016

Jul 22, 2016 2:04 AM

Apr 2009
The Major said last time that he was like a strategic missile class magician-something, isn't that a bit of an overkill deploying him there? He might flatten Yokohama or something to that effect with his strategic missile power-blah, blah. And now everyone in the room knows he also work for the military.

What was that flashy light show? Does he have a power restriction or something that Miyuki controls somehow and now released? So he's gonna get more supersaiyan levels on us? OMG! o_O
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Oct 8, 2016 8:55 AM
Mar 2016
tatsuya was already god tier beforehand so what could that kiss possibly have made different
Oct 23, 2016 7:50 AM

Dec 2010
That truck evaporation, lol. I wonder why his power has to be suppressed.
Nov 5, 2016 7:26 AM

Dec 2014
tatsuya owned the episode/... showed his skill, his secret is out.......... oh my....
Dec 7, 2016 11:10 PM

Sep 2015
This was one bloody episode by Tatsuya. This is giving me the Full Metal Panic vibes and dam looks like his full power was sealed the whole entire time and Miyuki unsealed it..
May 5, 2017 1:44 PM

May 2015
Oni-sama was kissed in the forehead. To bad he didn't turn into frog.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 25, 2018 7:18 PM

Jul 2013
Wow that escalated quick. Tatsuya actually didn't gave anything about the attack of those soldiers. In this episode we became an insight what he's able to do. I mean he catched bullets and sliced the soldiers as if they were nothing.

I was impressed when Tatsuya pulverized that truck but also that Mayumi was able to see this. :o
She couldn't believe what he did.

Juumonji also showed a little more of his power. He stopped those rockets as it was nothing.

Didn't expect Fujibayashi and general Harunobu would reveal Tatsuyas identy even if everyone has to keep it secret. I loved the impression of everyone :D

So Miyuki unlocked Tatsuyas limiter. I was so scared when she was holding his face. Will be interesting to see him now with way more power and I'm curious about that suit.

Aug 20, 2018 10:42 AM

Apr 2013
Looks like we'll have two more episodes of Onii-sama pownage left. At least the action is well animated I guess.
Jan 25, 2020 11:01 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well that was confusing to be honest.
Aug 29, 2020 3:35 AM

Aug 2017
Miyuki just unlocked Onii-sama power at the end lmaoooo

Well, Tatsuya's identity about him being part of the army is revealed....only that part. His past is still unknown to the rest.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 9, 2020 1:18 AM

Jun 2020
Keep going keep going only two episodes left don't drop don't drop
This anime shit is addictive
Oct 6, 2020 10:26 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
No shit. They just launched all attack positions while the Japanese public security forced to be defend at all costs. A large scale, full attack with the basic city war on its theme of war. The war has been started, and the most of the high schooler that already been involved with these big issued reaction just completely understandable. Look at their reaction, full of questions on their pure expression and couldn't even did anything to prevent that. Yeah, its just beyond their capabilities and seemed to be willing to gave up their best action to a more skilled army. Yeah, its Tatsuya's special army, at your service to provided a back up counter attack from every infiltration the enemy had there. Tatsuya identity already revealed to everyone, so he just needed to rock n roll!

Once again, Tatsuya just too op. At least some people showed their skill already, such as Acchan with her, most likely, the magic that could calm everyone's mind. Erika's little action while Tatsuya slaughtering them all in backgrounds. Miyuki's ability, there and the last. Juumonji senpai ability to successfully fights against that supersonic missiles attack. Mayumi? She red Tatsuya's mind and knew what was goin on with the vanishing truck, i guessed. Oh, well. The best episodes. There were peoples that still had no screen time. So lets see if the next would increased their moments, while i am here skimming every comment here to knewing better about their real situations there. Lol.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 7, 2020 9:28 PM

Sep 2019
This bull bout to go off, I’m guessing Miyuki released a limiter on Tatsuya’s abilities. This man is just so damn cold cut those intruders up then “Was that a little too much for you?” LMAO. Jumonji with the shits too taking out a swarm of missles with ease. Glad everyone finally figured out about the special officer thing. Next ep bout to be fire.
Oct 9, 2020 8:21 PM

Feb 2019
Dang, now that the secret's out everyone's going to admire Tatsuya. That last part was intriguing-- some sort of limiter was put on him this entire time? I can't begin to imagine how OP he's going to be now.

Guess we'll find out in the next episode, where we'll probably see an endless slaughter!
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

456 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 16, 10:37 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.