Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2014 3:33 PM
May 2013
All those expecting a lot of action from Tatsuya are going to be disappointed.
Sep 13, 2014 3:43 PM

Jun 2007
I am surprised Chuck Norris-style jokes using Tatsuya aren't a big thing yet.
TheTsunamiSep 13, 2014 3:57 PM
Sep 13, 2014 3:58 PM

Dec 2011
So every feat he did as of to this episode... he has a freaking limiter? Are you kidding me. My goodness. Let us see if he ends the invasion in an instant.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2014 4:03 PM

Aug 2014
Holy cow, this episode is a straight up testosterone injection. Tatsuya was too badass, but i didn't think his identity would be revealed. And now his full power is unleashed? Well, GG terrorists.

A-chan's bow was pretty cool. Glad the Third High's ant got told off by our Lord. Where's Masaki, by the way? He should be on the front lines owning people.

5/5. Awesome episode.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
Sep 13, 2014 4:09 PM

Jul 2013
The true god has finnaly arrived upon us.
Prepare yourselves.
Sep 13, 2014 4:15 PM
May 2013
Fiji said:
So every feat he did as of to this episode... he has a freaking limiter? Are you kidding me. My goodness. Let us see if he ends the invasion in an instant.

Remember episode 18? Kazama was talking about this limiter, it limits his strategical class magic. I would not really say that it makes him stronger, it makes him able to use the magic he used in the intro of episode 1.
Sep 13, 2014 4:35 PM

Jan 2014
NihonFalcom said:
bastek66 said:
PRAISE THE ONII-SAMA

I got wet just from seeing that.

Onii-sama is love, onii-sama is life
Sep 13, 2014 4:39 PM

May 2011
finally, it get to the interesting part, but yeah, just like someone has said before the animation did not manage to convey the same feeling we get when reading the novel, talk about the power of imagination!. I think it lack a good BGM to convey those feeling, the OP and ED are good but the BGM surely lack emotional feel to it.
Sep 13, 2014 4:41 PM

Apr 2008
GNX00Q said:
finally, it get to the interesting part, but yeah, just like someone has said before the animation did not manage to convey the same feeling we get when reading the novel, talk about the power of imagination!. I think it lack a good BGM to convey those feeling, the OP and ED are good but the BGM surely lack emotional feel to it.

Which is sad given Taku Iwasaki is the composer. He can do so much better than this yet he isn't T_T
Sep 13, 2014 4:59 PM
Jan 2014
Akwardly staring at 21:10
Sep 13, 2014 5:08 PM

May 2011
NihonFalcom said:
bastek66 said:
PRAISE THE ONII-SAMA

I got wet just from seeing that.

I was like "FUCK YEAH, SCREW THEM ALL ONII-SAMA!!".

The next episode:

Sep 13, 2014 5:18 PM

Jul 2014
Just seeing the comments here made me go : O____O
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Sep 13, 2014 5:22 PM

Sep 2012
Sooo, we've got about 55% of vol.7 left to be fit in 2 eps. I've got a bad feeling about this. Overall not bad ep but they dragged out seal removal a bit to much imo.
Sep 13, 2014 5:24 PM
Apr 2014
i've always had mixed feelings about this series, but this yokohama story arc has been amazing.
Sep 13, 2014 5:33 PM

Jul 2012
Don't tell me that Tatsuya was so OP that he had seals placed on him to restrain his power. If so, he is truly BROKEN!!!

Great episode!!!
Sep 13, 2014 5:44 PM

Mar 2012

Tatsuya onii-sama, you're too amazing! *3*

Oh. my. god. Awesomeness everywhere.
How can someone say this anime isn't great? Incredible information flow through the all the story, amazing and epic action, amazing main character and story... It's just awesome.

Tatsuya is so awesome that no ones makes any idea of what he is doing XD They're there just like: "What was that?" O__O

OMG DAT ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KYAAAAAAAAAAAA~! I'm super hyped for the next episode, now that Tatsuya has no limitations, what will happen?! *________________________*
Sep 13, 2014 5:47 PM

Apr 2008
neonBdragon said:
Don't tell me that Tatsuya was so OP that he had seals placed on him to restrain his power. If so, he is truly BROKEN!!!

Great episode!!!

He has a reputation for a reason :P
Sep 13, 2014 5:51 PM

Dec 2013
Can't wait to see Tatsuya nuke the shit out of some place, and I'm still hoping to see Mayuki Miyuki or whoever that Shiba is to go all out.

Shit.. I wanna timeskip to the next episode
Sep 13, 2014 6:00 PM

May 2011
Darklight0303 said:
neonBdragon said:

Great episode!!!

He has a reputation for a reason :P

Yeah, his oniisamaness is so overwhelming.
Sep 13, 2014 6:07 PM

May 2013
neonBdragon said:

Without his seals he isn't much stronger than with them. Releasing limiter allows him to use, that spell shown in beginning of first ep and gives him more psions. No more and no less.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Sep 13, 2014 6:20 PM

Aug 2011
Hahahaha I have no idea what's going on but I like it!
Sep 13, 2014 6:34 PM
Oct 2012
jakkubus said:
Takuan_Soho said:
Nope. See the difference is I can change my opinion when the facts changed. I disliked this show back when nothing made sense and then changed my opinion when the animation finally put most of the pieces together (around episode 13, I read the books after that). You, on the other hand, do not change your opinion, you just change your reasons for thinking the exact same way you have always felt.

Nothing has changed. Third arc still has the same quality as first one and lot of things still don't make sense.

Nothing on in this series is "stupid", the writer does a good job at explaining most things.

Oh, because The Great You said so?

No, because the text itself explains everything, even the animation explains most things (with the caveat that they have to cut corners to fit the story in the allotted time). This is why I went from disliking the show to liking the show. I will say that Satou (or the animation) doesn't make understanding the connections easy, he leaves a lot of the heavy lifting to the readers, but all the clues are there, everything is explained. One just has to be willing to spend a little bit of brain muscle to understand them.
Sep 13, 2014 6:47 PM

Jan 2011
well holy shit this got real fast as far as this series has shown so far

while i keep telling my self not to be surprised by the things god-Tatsuya does he pulls stuff like this! cut those people in half like as if he was Ryu Hayabusa with his bare hands,and to top it off he just had his limiter released so truly has entered god mode lol
Sep 13, 2014 6:52 PM

Jul 2014
I should've paid attention I'm so lost as to what the plot of this anime is about T_T
Sep 13, 2014 6:54 PM
Oct 2012
jakkubus said:
neonBdragon said:

Without his seals he isn't much stronger than with them. Releasing limiter allows him to use, that spell shown in beginning of first ep and gives him more psions. No more and no less.

It's ironic that people think that Tatsuya is the one who powered up the most by doing this :-)

Though there is something I will be curious about:
Sep 13, 2014 7:05 PM

Dec 2013
Much badass from Tatsuya. Overpowered abilities given due to plot convenience. No explanations of the abilities, so I'm lost. Might as well give Tatsuya super saiyan. I hope the ending of the episode will at least get explained next week, but they'll most likely skip it like usual. None the less enjoyed the episode.

4/5
Sep 13, 2014 7:36 PM

Jan 2008
Damn, Tatsuya. Who needs a blade when his whole body is a weapon? Although it would be awesome to see him weilding a sword.

Grimlokk said:
It's nice to see that Tatsuya totally baffled Curious George. XD
Lol, Curious George. You've made my day. What was he on about anyway when he called Tatsuya out...is that particular magic any different, I wonder?

As for the truck disappearing, I imagine that Popeye-driver is dead, seeing as he was flying out forward going at what, 60? And landing face-first against concrete stairs. If there wasn't magic, imagine the same thing happening, but the driver isn't wearing a seatbelt, no windshield, and going at the same speed while crashing...he'd definitely be brains on concrete.

What the hell was Mayumi doing when Tatsuya was aim with his gun? Looked like she was either about to try and stop him, or prepare for possible enemies to bust through the wall.

Seems like Muyuki unlocked Tatsuya's real powers. If we think about how overpowered he was before, looking at it in a different angle will tell us that he was limited in what he could do throughout the whole series. Even he wouldn't go head-on against trained magic-pros in large groups without first assessing the situation, needing his sister's help, or take the high road and escape if he can (unless he's confident he can take out normal thugs, noob soldiers, or sniping from a safe distance). But with the limiter removed, he really can waltz through any situation head-on now and choreograph a gun-ballet of carnage (not that he didn't already do that with small handful of enemies).

I would have liked seeing Tatsuya walking around covered in blood, with that cold, sharp stare of his. Would have intimidated both friends and foes alike. Haha, I just realized that Miyuki is essentially a human dry-cleaner. The Shiba siblings must save a lot if they can launder their own uniforms.

Edit:
Let's not forget how Erika had her fair share of slicing up terrorists like she was preparing shawarma. Tatsuya and Erika each get 3, not including the first guy that had his whole arm lopped off.

After rewatching the episode, and pausing it, I've noticed some things in more detail: Tatsuya is like a samurai that slashes his enemies, completely dismembering them. He severs a guy in half from the waist up, slices the second guy diagonally while chopping off the left hand in the process, right before finishing off the final one from his perspective, likely plunging his hand through the heart (if that much blood splatters in front of his eyes).

As for Erika, she was much more precise, as she only cuts half of the armpit on one guy to sever his control over his dominant right arm, slits the throat of the second guy, and again cutting into the right arm of the third.

Mikihiko simply blasts away the ones farthest from them. Not very effective in killing, because it lead to the remaining people escaping, but at least they were gunned down from behind by the security personnel.
Estoy_GordoSep 13, 2014 9:25 PM
Sep 13, 2014 7:48 PM

Jul 2011
Takuan_Soho said:
Though there is something I will be curious about:

Usually I would agree (though actually, most media does that). Strong female characters are usually bested by the male MC in some way and become somewhat dependent. It's a stupid gender role thing. But in this case I really think it's just showcasing how incredibly OP Tatsuya is. I don't even care about the other characters. They're all secondary, and the female side characters get relatively the same amount of showcasing as the males in this series.
Sep 13, 2014 7:55 PM

Feb 2008
You know once you get over the flaws of the show, Mahouka is actually fun to watch.

On a side note... Tatsuya was already over 9000, but without limiters... what would his power level be now?? O_O
Sep 13, 2014 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
"You now have free rein." After Miyuki said that, I felt so sorry for their enemies.

*Tatsuya chopped off a man's arm*
Miyuki: "Let me clear the blood stains."

That was cold. Like Niflheim-cold.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 13, 2014 8:01 PM

Jul 2008
Bluey said:
Disables their weapons, essentially making them defenseless; QUICK ONI-SAMA sever their limbs and slaughter all of them. Love how they bring high school kids in on top secret military shit and have them not just fighting but fuck'n massacring terrorists.

Haha, best unintentional comedy Ive seen this year. Jesus Son of Zeus Neo Tatsuya mercilessly killing everyone and vaporizing vehicles through like 5 walls, leaving them untouched.

With Gary Stu getting his full-power released, I'm gonna take a shot and say next weeks going to be hilarious.

Some people should re-watch the opening scene of the first episode if you think that destroying a truck five wall away is OP then how about nuking an entire battleship.
Sep 13, 2014 8:14 PM

Jul 2008
Emotives said:
Much badass from Tatsuya. Overpowered abilities given due to plot convenience. No explanations of the abilities, so I'm lost. Might as well give Tatsuya super saiyan. I hope the ending of the episode will at least get explained next week, but they'll most likely skip it like usual. None the less enjoyed the episode.

4/5

Every abilities displayed in the anime is thoroughly explained in the novels. What make Mahouka a good read isn't the story but these coherent explanation that build the richest and most coherent fake-science I've yet to see/read in anything else.

The problem with this adaptation is that Mahouka isn't a good novel to adapt into an anime. The best Madhouse could do was to adapt the surface and coat it with incest to appeal to a larger audience. The incest is much less present in the novel and the story, while simple, is written in a much detailed and deeper way.
Sep 13, 2014 8:26 PM

Jan 2014
damn! that catching those bullets part
Tatsuya = Superman
I'd love to see some more Tatsuya action now that Miyuki took off the limiter...
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Sep 13, 2014 8:44 PM

Aug 2008
Beast Mode Activated! :D

▬▬▬▬김유정 ▬▬▬▬
Sep 13, 2014 8:52 PM

Jun 2010
Holy fucking shit. This series is so badass. Tatsuya is so OP yet he still had his limiter removed.. Man, only Saitama would be OP-er than him.
Shangetsu said:

Every abilities displayed in the anime is thoroughly explained in the novels. What make Mahouka a good read isn't the story but these coherent explanation that build the richest and most coherent fake-science I've yet to see/read in anything else.

The problem with this adaptation is that Mahouka isn't a good novel to adapt into an anime. The best Madhouse could do was to adapt the surface and coat it with incest to appeal to a larger audience. The incest is much less present in the novel and the story, while simple, is written in a much detailed and deeper way.

This series is really enjoyable for me because of the characters. It would be better if they actually tried to explain some shits about the mechanics of the world. Too bad the adaptation is so bad. Maybe they purposely made it bad so it would force people to read the novel? Who knows... I hope Madhouse actually give it some attention if ever there will be a sequel. This adaptation is worse than A-1 adapting the first volumes of SAO. I think I'm gonna start on the novel after the anime ends.
Sep 13, 2014 9:06 PM

Mar 2013
Our lord and savior, Onii-sama has his secrets exposed and his limiter removed.
Time to wreak havoc.

It's over now
Sep 13, 2014 9:18 PM

Nov 2012
Pangeaa said:
Hahahaha I have no idea what's going on but I like it!

Lets just say, He was already OP but now he just became more OP. Just wait for him to unleash his full potential
Sep 13, 2014 9:54 PM

Jan 2011
I think the episode poll results tell the story. While most people feel that this show has hit its stride, particularly as the information has come together about Tatsuya's emotional modifications (courtesy of his aunt) and how the technology of magic works, there are a few who are not going to let anything change their opinion which they express multiple times in discussion.

While Tatsuya is clearly the most overpowered, there are a number of other students who also have abilities that render any combat with ordinary humans pretty short and sweet. Juumonji, Mayumi, Miyuki, Erika: any one of these will mop the floor with a squad of regular soldiers and not raise a sweat. This is what the ability to use magic does, and that ability is increasing as each generation of magicians is bred to be stronger by arranged marriages orchestrated by the ten clans.

While I haven't read the LN's, I can see where this is ultimately going. You can't expect a growing population of superior humans to accept being controlled by a government composed of normals. At some point conflict is going to break out, particularly if a technology (using the dismembered brain-matter of magicians) exists to allow normal people and governments to access that power without having to deal with the desires of the magicians themselves. Self-preservation dictates that the magicians have to be on top, probably through the ten clans. They already seem to wield significant power as witnessed by the deferential attitude taken by the commander of the special forces towards Juumonji and Mayuma--they may be high-school students but as heirs apparent to two of the ten clans, they are extremely powerful individuals and could probably have him removed from command if they exerted that influence. And the magic high-school system is not an ordinary school system, it is the training ground for an aristocratic elite that is already beginning to dominate the state, students who attend there already outrank normal adults.
rodacSep 13, 2014 10:07 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Sep 13, 2014 10:07 PM

Dec 2013
Yeah the anime is only for enjoyment now. The plot is either weak or the anime has not adapted very well from the light novels. There is no character development and the characters don't really stand out to me. Yes Tatsuya is overpowered so he can't get character development from 'lose fight --> train- -> win fight', but at least tell the audience how he got his powers. How he became overpowered, more detail on how he was created, his past, family and background. Otherwise it just feels like an empty plot with asspulls. I still enjoy the anime though, I really like OP characters kicking ass and I like the soundtracks + OP/ED.

Anyway Tatsuya has byakugan, can stop bullets, instant recovery, hands that can chop off arms. I'm calling it, next weeks episode we're gonna see the summoning of the nine-tailed fox, Miyuki released the seal ;)
Sep 13, 2014 10:12 PM

Jun 2013
he is already strong

and now his limiter is released?

my god
can't wait next week!
Sep 13, 2014 10:14 PM

Jul 2008
rodac said:
I think the episode poll results tell the story. While most people feel that this show has hit its stride, particularly as the information has come together about Tatsuya's modifications (courtesy of his aunt) and the technology of magic works, there are a few who are not going to let anything change their opinion which they express multiple times in discussion.

While Tatsuya is clearly the most overpowered, there are a number of other students who also have abilities that render any combat with ordinary humans pretty short and sweet. Juumonji, Mayumi, Miyuki, Erika: any one of these will mop the floor with a squad of regular soldiers and not raise a sweat. This is what the ability to use magic does, and that ability is increasing as each generation of magicians is bred to be stronger by arranged marriages orchestrated by the ten clans.

Also even if Tatsuya is overpowered he isn't the strongest character in the world. There are other strategic-class magician that have the ability to beat Tatsuya in a duel.

When the story reach the point where Tatsuya's opponents can launch light based magic beams that have the power to destroy an entire street and that at a speed Tatsuya cannot even react to you start to realize that it's normal for Tatsuya to wreak havoc in the middle school playground but once the strongest peoples in the world meet each other, he is much less imposing.
Sep 13, 2014 10:15 PM

Jul 2014
The God of Destruction, sasuga Onii-sama
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous"

PROJECT-ERASER
Sep 13, 2014 10:22 PM

Jul 2013
Tatsuya just made those bullets disappear as if it was nothing.. bad-ass-fuck! I don't know about the others who don't like Tatsuya because they said he's a "gary stu" they prefer those whiny, cry-baby and wimpy male leads because they're more realistic... wtf? why watch anime if you wanna see something realistic? smfh..

he's merciless! muahahah just like Lelouch and Light!

dafuq was that kiss at the end? some incestuous ritual or something?
Sep 13, 2014 10:30 PM

Aug 2014
PrimeX said:
Tatsuya just made those bullets disappear as if it was nothing.. bad-ass-fuck! I don't know about the others who don't like Tatsuya because they said he's a "gary stu" they prefer those whiny, cry-baby and wimpy male leads because they're more realistic... wtf? why watch anime if you wanna see something realistic? smfh..

he's merciless! muahahah just like Lelouch and Light!

dafuq was that kiss at the end? some incestuous ritual or something?

Yes, because Lelouch and Light was totally immune to bullets.
Sep 13, 2014 10:37 PM

Nov 2012
Catching bullets. Cutting limbs barehanded.

This is so bad it's so good.
A city's greatness is determined by the speed of its internet connection.
Sep 13, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2013
wow that fuck episode, in my opinion was the best so far, Tatsuya finally gets to show his power in front of other students, and makes a clean sweep on the terrorists, this guy is really badass, very good scene in it for the bullets with hand, a long time since I saw one protagonist like this
Miyuki was also very calm in the situation, I liked how she performed during the episode, and at the end still gave a great display to everyone in the room
I hope next episode a great battle and Tatsuya showing further its power of fight ..
Sep 13, 2014 10:47 PM

Jan 2013
Damn I can't recall when I've last been so excited for an Anime, Tatsuya is so freaking badass!
Going to cry blood for weeks when tihs is over :/
Sep 13, 2014 10:52 PM

Aug 2007
I can't wait until this show ends, it's just so cliche and bland.
Sep 13, 2014 10:57 PM

Aug 2008
This was so over the top catching bullets, ripping limbs off, disintegrating trucks from far away ...It was fun, but was it really necessary ? He is OP indeed and now without the limiters, the next episode will be a walk in the park I hope it's at least graphical enough to enjoy the destruction.
Actually why does he need a Mech to fight ?
Sep 13, 2014 11:11 PM

Jul 2014
AllenNoah said:
Yes, because Lelouch and Light was totally immune to bullets.

Lelouch is immune to
at least.

Really nice episode showing off our one true god, Tatsuya Onii-Sama.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

» Romance Tag?

akihiko132 - Dec 8, 2020

4 by fqdnl »»
Apr 3, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Shipping For Tatsuya X .......

Ricky16 - Sep 1, 2023

28 by AGiantWeeb »»
Mar 24, 6:34 AM

» Question for LN readers

Artorias94 - Feb 19

4 by StarZone1 »»
Feb 20, 4:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.