Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2014 12:24 PM
Feb 2013
I hope the princess is ok.
Sep 13, 2014 12:25 PM

Aug 2014
Inaho face was priceless in the end
Inaho:My plan wasnt perfect as always?haha
Sep 13, 2014 12:25 PM

Mar 2013
Best episode.
Sep 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
I think next episode will be:

- Inaho and Asseylum finish their job in the landing castle. Though I don't know how can they beat Saazbaum. May be "I'm your father" scene will work. XD

- Slaine meets Rayet (and the maid). They will clear 2 drones inside the base and save the civilians.

LMAO i am your father hahaa, getting into the landing castle wouldn't be pretty much a trouble now but to handle that gigantic shit would pain in the ass

Sep 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2013
Keten said:

I was however, bothered by the way Rayet just so happened to have her cell broken into by a mecha crashing into it and OF COURSE it is still fully functioning but I guess the pilot died? How the pilot died and the mecha is still okay? I DUNNO

The little helper loli driving... How do her feet even reach the pedals? Lmao

AND FINALLY THE GOLDEN COMEDY OF THE EPISODE. "If you stay calm, the bullets will evad-" *GETS BLOWN UP* LMAO I know it's wrong to laugh at people dying in war but, come on, that was so goofy and cheesy and came out of no where.

Nitpicks: The soldiers of the Vers Empire wear next to no armor. Helmets and vests and that's it.

Dang you beat me to all the nitpicks and the unintentionally hilarious moments. I was about to comment especially on Edelrittuo's surprisingly long legs for her to be able to reach the pedals, even if the pedals were probably inherently long. She shoulda looked more like this while driving:

I think I wouldn't gain much out of complaining about the plot armor that Inko, Inaho and Yuki have while everyone else dies. I actually enjoyed the action this episode a lot, and it's nice to see the princess stepping up to take care of business by herself. Her character kind of reminds me of Nia from TTGL.

Good climax episode before the first season finale.
Sep 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Inaho face was priceless in the end
Inaho:My play wasnt perfect as always?haha

Haha, I think the same :D
Sep 13, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2014
Seiryuu2 said:
chickenonthepan said:
I think next episode will be:

- Inaho and Asseylum finish their job in the landing castle. Though I don't know how can they beat Saazbaum. May be "I'm your father" scene will work. XD

- Slaine meets Rayet (and the maid). They will clear 2 drones inside the base and save the civilians.

LMAO i am your father hahaa, getting into the landing castle wouldn't be pretty much a trouble now but to handle that gigantic shit would pain in the ass

If sh** doesn't happen, Saazbaum will just slaughter them all. :P

My bet is that sh** will happen, the only matter is what kind of sh**. XD
Sep 13, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 2014
I’m surprised Eddelrittuo can even reach the gas pedal.

Apr 2010
When all else fails.

Aside from the Humvee shrugging off a head on collision with a rocket, this was quite enjoyable.

Nov 2011
pakoko said:
Edelrittuo's surprisingly long legs for her to be able to reach the pedals, even if the pedals were probably inherently long. She shoulda looked more like this while driving:

Oh God :D
Mar 2014
Will Saazbaum will be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI after episode 12?
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Sep 13, 2014 12:37 PM

Oct 2011
antonn said:

Aside from the Humvee shrugging off a head on collision with a rocket, this was quite enjoyable.

Er.... Rayet took out that rocket before it hit - rewatch the scene.

This was an enjoyable episode - my only fault is that Eddelrittuo was driving the Humvee, but even that isn't truly a plot hole, at least by my definition.

I say that because they could've had a random earth soldier drive it, and the outcome would be the same, Edelrittuo still wouldn't have been able to board the Duecalion. It's funny, but not plot breaking.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Sep 13, 2014 12:42 PM

Aug 2014
pakoko said:
Keten said:

I was however, bothered by the way Rayet just so happened to have her cell broken into by a mecha crashing into it and OF COURSE it is still fully functioning but I guess the pilot died? How the pilot died and the mecha is still okay? I DUNNO

AND FINALLY THE GOLDEN COMEDY OF THE EPISODE. "If you stay calm, the bullets will evad-" *GETS BLOWN UP* LMAO I know it's wrong to laugh at people dying in war but, come on, that was so goofy and cheesy and came out of no where.

Nitpicks: The soldiers of the Vers Empire wear next to no armor. Helmets and vests and that's it.

Dang you beat me to all the nitpicks and the unintentionally hilarious moments. I was about to comment especially on Edelrittuo's surprisingly long legs for her to be able to reach the pedals, even if the pedals were probably inherently long. She shoulda looked more like this while driving:

I think I wouldn't gain much out of complaining about the plot armor that Inko, Inaho and Yuki have while everyone else dies. I actually enjoyed the action this episode a lot, and it's nice to see the princess stepping up to take care of business by herself. Her character kind of reminds me of Nia from TTGL.

I'm sure Edelrittuo's legs got plot extensions attached to them. Seeing everybody else was wearing plot armor. So loli gets the extensions. Reasonable, right.
Sep 13, 2014 12:43 PM
Oct 2013
Welp, hell of an episode! No time to for details this time :/
Cant wait for next week's episode (o man, that's the last one.. i'm looking forward to S2 already)!
Sep 13, 2014 12:44 PM

Sep 2013
nirunaru said:

I'm sure Edelrittuo's legs got plot extensions attached to them. Seeing everybody else was wearing plot armor. So loli gets the extensions. Reasonable, right.

SHE WAS NEVER A LOLI ALL ALONG, SHE WAS JUST SECRETLY WALKING ON HER KNEES THIS WHOLE TIME. HOLY CRAP, PLOT TWIST!!!
Sep 13, 2014 12:45 PM

Aug 2014
Slaine: Where is Asseylum-hime!?
Eddelrittuo: Sorry but the princess is in another landing castle!
Sep 13, 2014 12:46 PM
Oct 2013
nirunaru said:
pakoko said:

You Three made my day.
Sep 13, 2014 12:47 PM

Dec 2013
Wow. Ever since episode 8, this series has gotten extremely good. Inaho is still as boring as ever, but at least his fights are good eye candy. Everyone else really glowed in this episode, even Eddelrittsuo. 5/5
Sep 13, 2014 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
SJboy25 said:
Everyone else really glowed in this episode, even Eddelrittsuo.

You missed the fact that Slaine is running around, right? :"))
Sep 13, 2014 12:57 PM

Aug 2014
Keten said:
nirunaru said:

SHE WAS NEVER A LOLI ALL ALONG, SHE WAS JUST SECRETLY WALKING ON HER KNEES THIS WHOLE TIME. HOLY CRAP, PLOT TWIST!!!

Omg. That -is- clever. Now I see the whole thing in totally different light. Truly unique plot twist. Man, I hope every show would do this.

TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Slaine: Where is Asseylum-hime!?
Eddelrittuo: Sorry but the princess is in another landing castle!

That conveyd my feelings exactly. :D
nirunaruSep 13, 2014 1:00 PM
Sep 13, 2014 12:57 PM
Jul 2018
It was one intense episode.

Deucalion got shot down.
Sep 13, 2014 1:07 PM

Apr 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
antonn said:

Er.... Rayet took out that rocket before it hit - rewatch the scene.

That she did. Didn't notice the gunfire.
Sep 13, 2014 1:08 PM

Jun 2013
nirunaru said:
Keten said:

Omg. That -is- clever. Now I see the whole thing in totally different light. Truly unique plot twist. Man, I hope every show would do this.

*Head explodes*
Sep 13, 2014 1:09 PM

Dec 2013
Keten said:
Didn't mind this episode at all. There were only a few things that bugged me and most of them were not huge. There wasn't any real character building or anything like that, just pure action. For what it was, it was good and unintentionally hilarious at times.

Another issue I had... Why the hell is the Vers Ship so unable to target and shoot Inaho when he's THAT CLOSE to the ship? His mecha shield was only there for like 5 seconds. With all those lazers you'd think 1 would hit him or at least graze him. Whatever.

The next parts are things that I think are unintentionally hilarious.

Inaho saying he has the most experience fighting the Martian technology. Well that, that's because everyone else dies because they are complete incompetents. Lmao

Overall though, if I just look at it as an action episode, it did it's job. The action was good, far better than what it had been in the past episodes.

Hit the nail on the head there, there was no suspense really in the episode whatsoever, I personally think Inaho should do a coup d'etat and take complete control of the army since "he's the one who's fought "the most against them" *cough won on plot armor* -_- ugh.
Sep 13, 2014 1:09 PM

Jul 2009
okay... that landing from a crashing spaceship and not blowing the fuck up is a work of magic LOL
then again flying spaceships... ah w/e.
Sep 13, 2014 1:17 PM

Jun 2014
Marzan said:
I was actually enjoying the action and they had to go and do that stupid sequence with Eddelwhateverhernameis flying through the air in a Hummer. I'm still facepalming.

On another note, Inaho should just take over from the captain as overall commander of the force. She only commands the ship, while he is Hannibal, Napoleon and Yeng Wenli combined with his unprecendented tactical insights.

Why are you facepalming? What's wrong with a Martian midget loli maid driving an armored HMMWV at full speed through a fire fight and then soaring through the bullet filled skies like in a Michael Bay film?
Sep 13, 2014 1:18 PM

Mar 2012
Got chuckled when I see Eddelrittuo driving the humvee lol. Mustang 33 scene was hilarious too. Next week battle will be epic..
Keep moving forward
Sep 13, 2014 1:24 PM

Aug 2014
Caraculiambro said:
Marzan said:
I was actually enjoying the action and they had to go and do that stupid sequence with Eddelwhateverhernameis flying through the air in a Hummer. I'm still facepalming.

On another note, Inaho should just take over from the captain as overall commander of the force. She only commands the ship, while he is Hannibal, Napoleon and Yeng Wenli combined with his unprecendented tactical insights.

Why are you facepalming? What's wrong with a Martian midget loli maid driving an armored HMMWV at full speed through a fire fight and then soaring through the bullet filled skies like in a Michael Bay film?

Yes, there was absolutely nothing spectacular there. Quite natural actually, given the other plot explorations we seen this far.
Sep 13, 2014 1:29 PM

Jun 2013
This is by far the best episode. Glad to see Inaho's tactical prowess in play again and the quick thinking of Magbaredge. Crazy driving skills from Eddelrittuo. Let's hope for a spectacular finale.
Missing the times of Rewrite, good times.
Sep 13, 2014 1:33 PM

Jun 2014
I love this show.
This episode was intense! I love the action of this series
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 13, 2014 1:34 PM

Nov 2011
This is too awesome to end in 12 episodes. And since next week would be marking the finale, there are so many things that must happen :/
Sep 13, 2014 1:35 PM
Apr 2014
This has been one of the most consistently entertaining shows I've seen in a while. Things are never slowing down. Shame that season 1 is ending soon and we'll have to wait :(
Sep 13, 2014 1:36 PM

Mar 2013
Oh my God, intense episode! I don't like when Inaho puts that face of "holy fuck" because it makes me think that everything will go wrong.
Sep 13, 2014 1:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Caraculiambro said:
Marzan said:

LOL, you're so very right...Beautifully put. I take the facepalming back.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 13, 2014 1:45 PM
Mar 2013
When Mustang 33 died LOL....I think they put that in their for laughs not sure. It was funny ass shit though.
Sep 13, 2014 1:46 PM

Jul 2014
Oh, this many comments already. Sorry for being late - I overslept (seriously ><).
I think, I'll write my impressions at first and then go into earlier comments.

In my opinion, the batttle was mostly unsatisfactory. When they started to explain the Inaho's plan, they lost me alltogether, because my logic centre couldn't process it and failed. Either I'm too stupid, or there wasn't any logic at all.
The writing is in a pitiful state, as usual.

Did they really need to show us half of the previous episode at the beginning?

Lol'd at the amount of sandwiched the kids did.

I wonder, why the earth forces didn't try to use some tactics besides "stand still while shooting-die-be avenged by Inaho" on their own territory (like, why martian infantry does whatever it wants?) Can't the writers let the adult trained militarymen save face by doing at least something heroic before dying?

Some missiles the castle has. I understand that they have the alien power source technology, but now also ground-underground missiles? Actually it's being bugging me for a while now - it is unclear, to what extent Vers uses alien technology and what it borrows from the Earth tech. Why did they become superior in everything in such a short period of time?

Saazbauim enjoying the fight ia a treat to watch. Can we remove all the schoolchildren from this anime and focus on the adults more, please? Like the pilots, that joked with Inko and the princess. Or lieutenant Marito?
Though among the kids Asseylum shines in this episode. Her development is most welcome.

I'm interested, whether Slaine can't or won't use Tharsis. And what was the point of showing it...? Oh, wait, so Inaho will, probably, get it. But then again what was the point of showing it with Slaine?
Dunno why Slaine abandons his plane and starts to run around the battlefield on foot.

Inaho's dialogue with the princess is written badly. I mean, can't she get to the point right from the start? Don't they want to hit her, because she hid this most important info? Why does Yuki protest, if there is no other alternative and they are being slaughtered? Why does Inaho feel the need to show his savantism, while keeping the link with Asseylum open?

It's a pity that Rayet will sacrifice herself for the sake of the princess. Eddelrittuo too - she was annoying, but the comic relief that she provided will be missed.

Saazbaum attacking in only one kat is nsulting for the UE. Can't they take down the sky carriers at least?
Inaho's plan... Sigh. I don't even know where to start. The stuffed fake kats got to me too much. And with the amount of missiles, that a whole martian castle has, all of them should be annihilated with ease. A whole castle of martians seems like kind of a problem too.
Though Deucalion ramming into the castle was nice.

On the bright side: I love this guy's stoic expression. XD And he knew about anime.He is like: "Commander, plz. This is japanese cartoons, so we are all gonna die, can u stop shouting". (Great "panicking officer" voice from his neighbor too ><)
deadoptimistSep 13, 2014 2:13 PM
Sep 13, 2014 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
deadoptimist said:
Can't the writers let the adult trained militarymen save face by doing at leas something heroic before dying?

Didn't you hear Inaho? He has the MOST experience fighting the Martians. :O
Translation: All Terrans except for Inaho are incompetents who die in their first battle against a Martian.

deadoptimist said:
Though among the kids Asseylum shines in this episode. Her development is most welcome.

Eh... I don't know if I really call it development... She decides to fight and that's cool and all but her personality didn't really change. I was actually a tad annoyed that she just went right back to the, "This is all my fault" lines which we've seen a bagillion times already...

deadoptimist said:
Inaho's dialogue with the princess is written badly. I mean, can't she get to the point right from the start? Don't they want to hit her, because she hid this most important info? Why does Yuki protest, if there is no other alternative and they are being slaughtered? Why does Inaho feel the need to show his savantism, while keeping the link with Asseylum open?

I 100% agree. It sounded like they were trying to give more insight into why Inaho thinks the way he does... but it didn't really add anything to his character, it just told us what we already know, "He does things logically". Course it was rather dickish of him to talk about the Princess like she's a weapon to use. What was the point of the princess and him talking like they were friends if this was what it amounted to? As usual the characters have absolutely no chemistry with one another and their conversations sometimes contradict their very characters. lol

deadoptimist said:
Saazbaum attacking in only one kat is nsulting for the UE. Can't they take down the sky carriers at least?
Inaho's plan... Sigh. I don't even know where to start. The stuffed fake kats got to me too much. And with the amount of missiles, that a whole martian castle has, all of them should be annihilated with ease. A whole castle of martians seems like kind of a problem too.
Though Deucalion ramming into the castle was nice.

Mhmm, plot armor to the max. Though you gotta admit, that one guy who just showed up to get blown up ironically was pretty hilarious, "Stay calm and the bullets will eva-" KABOOM. Lmao
Sep 13, 2014 2:19 PM

Aug 2014
deadoptimist said:
Oh, this many comments already. Sorry for being late - I overslept (seriously ><).
I think, I'll write my impressions at first and then go into earlier comments.

Don't worry, the party has just started. There is plenty of cake still remaining.

deadoptimist said:
In my opinion, the batttle was mostly unsatisfactory. When they started to explain the Inaho's plan, they lost me alltogether, because my logic centre couldn't process it and failed. Either I'm too stupid, or there wasn't any logic at all.
The writing is in a pitiful state, as usual.

Guess my criticism slipped a bit.... They got me in this episode.... Because... omg. It got explosions and missiles!!!!!! ;)

But seriously this was example of flawless Aldnoah logic. There should be a warning tag in this show...

deadoptimist said:
Did they really need to show us half of the previous episode at the beginning?

But of course. We wouldn't remember otherwise previous episode. This is actually an example of Hollywood logic.

deadoptimist said:
Dunno why Slaine abandons his plane and starts to run around the battlefield on foot.

Because of course, that was the most logical thing to do you know. He is wearing the bullet and explosion proof plot armor, because he's gonna be the star of second cour. Duh.

deadoptimis said:

Well... they are the same people (I think) that wrote the previous scenes with.... whipping and naked rush hour in the showers....

What can you expect? I was just overwhelmed that this episode actually contained some -normal- action.
Sep 13, 2014 2:20 PM

Jan 2014
Keten said:

deadoptimist said:

I 100% agree. It sounded like they were trying to give more insight into why Inaho thinks the way he does... but it didn't really add anything to his character, it just told us what we already know, "He does things logically". Course it was rather dickish of him to talk about the Princess like she's a weapon to use. What was the point of the princess and him talking like they were friends if this was what it amounted to? As usual the characters have absolutely no chemistry with one another and their conversations sometimes contradict their very characters. lol

I don't really agree with you guys on this point.

In my opinion, Inaho is partly expressing Asseylum's will. She wants to be used. She is ready for that when she suggest him taking her to the castle.

Their idea is pretty much the same there. So it's no problem that Inaho talks like that with the communication on. Actually that's the only way they can win.

And that's why she choose to talk to Inaho, not other people. She knows that he will not hesitate.

Why she was hiding that before? Because she was naive and thought that her message will end the war, no need to fight any more. And the fact is that they never meet an obital castle on their way before, right?

I know that the writing is bad but you guys should give the credit for the reasonable part. :P
Just_ChickenSep 13, 2014 2:26 PM
Sep 13, 2014 2:29 PM

Jul 2014
Keten said:
Didn't you hear Inaho? He has the MOST experience fighting the Martians. :O
Translation: All Terrans except for Inaho are incompetents who die in their first battle against a Martian.

The writers can't share heroic actions at all.
I like how they ignore all the other theatres of war. It started in the previous episode, when they said, that the humanity would go extinct, if this shelter failed.

deadoptimist said:
Eh... I don't know if I really call it development... She decides to fight and that's cool and all but her personality didn't really change. I was actually a tad annoyed that she just went right back to the, "This is all my fault" lines which we've seen a bagillion times already...

But it is her fault to a degree. ><
At least she became angry and got to the conclusion that she can't expect to get help from martians. It is different from her usual all-forgiveness.

Keten said:
Course it was rather dickish of him to talk about the Princess like she's a weapon to use. What was the point of the princess and him talking like they were friends if this was what it amounted to?

Yep, it was inconsistent. I can explain it in a way. He may like to have her as a friend, but prioritize her strategic value for the sake of Earth. But then it should've been expressed, I think.
The thing that bothered me the most, though, was that he left the channel with her open, during his cynical converstaion with Yuki. It is illogical to let the princess hear it. On the other hand, that can be his idea of honesty (it was the same with Slaine), but then he shouldn't have promised her friendship. I can't understand this.

Though there was a nice touch - Inaho looking on the encouraging picture his sister had given him. It showed that despite his calm appearance, he was worried. An endearing detail.

Keten said:
Mhmm, plot armor to the max. Though you gotta admit, that one guy who just showed up to get blown up ironically was pretty hilarious, "Stay calm and the bullets will eva-" KABOOM. Lmao

That was a sad moment. Like, the kindest ones die. Though the energetic action music made it funny.
Sep 13, 2014 2:30 PM

Sep 2013
chickenonthepan said:

In my opinion, Inaho is partly expressing Asseylum's will. She wants to be used. She is ready for that when she suggest him taking her to the castle.

Their idea is pretty much the same there. So it's no problem that Inaho talks like that with the communication on. Actually that's the only way they can win.

And that's why she choose to talk to Inaho, not other people. She knows that he will not hesitate.

Why she was hiding that before? Because she was naive and thought that her message will end the war, no need to fight any more. And the fact is that they never meet an obital castle on their way before, right?

I know that the writing is bad but you guys should give the credit for the reasonable part. :P

As you said, the writing is bad. My issue isn't so much the general idea of what he is saying, my issue was how it was written. They wrote it as though he was basically just calling her a weapon to be used, "Well she's no use to us as she is, so might as well try to get SOME use out of her" is basically what he said. Pretty dickish thing to say to be honest. They made it seem like he gives absolutely no fucks about her life. It didn't bother me much(mostly because I am used to it from this show) but I can understand if it bothers others. I didn't completely hate this episode either, I actually kind of enjoyed it for what it was.
KetenSep 13, 2014 2:33 PM
Sep 13, 2014 2:30 PM

May 2014
Yeah... The next episode will be a massive cliffhanger for the following season that god knows when will come out -_-'
Sep 13, 2014 2:35 PM

Jul 2014
soo the final war?

why doesn't slaine use cruhteo kat?

will we see inahoxslaine combi again?

and hime, what happened to her kat? she wanted to jump but saazbaum attack deucalion, and then what happened to hime?

it's too bad, it just aired by 12 episode and next week is the last one, hope it will get it's second season, or a movie? well that doesn't matter, at least just (predict) tearing saazbaum and the war ends and seylum back to mars, it's not enough for a good series like this, hope the finale will be (at least) somewhat shocking and unpredictable!
a dual-sword wielder, fire element in right arm and ice element in left arm
Sep 13, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
Keten said:

As you said, the writing is bad. My issue isn't so much the general idea of what he is saying, my issue was how it was written. They wrote it as though he was basically just calling her a weapon to be used, "Well she's no use to us as she is, so might as well try to get SOME use out of her" is basically what he said. Pretty dickish thing to say to be honest. They made it seem like he gives absolutely no fucks about her life. It didn't bother me much but I can understand if it bothers others. I didn't completely hate this episode either, I actually kind of enjoyed it for what it was.

I think very few people has problem with this.

Anyway, as I say, it is ok for him to talk like that because he knows that Hime is ready to be used.

And don't miss the fact that he also put his life on the line too. Not that he used Hime to get to the castle with ease.
Sep 13, 2014 2:38 PM

Apr 2008
novian14 said:
soo the final war?

and hime, what happened to her kat? she wanted to jump but saazbaum attack deucalion, and then what happened to hime?

it's too bad, it just aired by 12 episode and next week is the last one, hope it will get it's second season, or a movie? well that doesn't matter, at least just (predict) tearing saazbaum and the war ends and seylum back to mars, it's not enough for a good series like this, hope the finale will be (at least) somewhat shocking and unpredictable!

Slaine doesn't have ALdnoah. Kinda can't use a Martian Kat without that REMEMBER?
Sep 13, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:

Keten said:
As you said, the writing is bad. My issue isn't so much the general idea of what he is saying, my issue was how it was written. They wrote it as though he was basically just calling her a weapon to be used, "Well she's no use to us as she is, so might as well try to get SOME use out of her" is basically what he said. Pretty dickish thing to say to be honest. They made it seem like he gives absolutely no fucks about her life. It didn't bother me much(mostly because I am used to it from this show) but I can understand if it bothers others. I didn't completely hate this episode either, I actually kind of enjoyed it for what it was.

Well, I didn't bang my head in the table, becasue of extreme embarrassment for the quality of the writing, as I did during the last episode too.

If I think long and hard about that conversation, him letting her hear it can be viewed as a sign of trust and honesty, i.e. a sign of friendship. She is accepted as an equal part of the team.
From cynical point of view it might've been better to use her idealism. Though I am not sure - maybe hevaing a person know, that it is the last use you have of her, is more impressive.
But I don't like to think that hard to get the caharcters' predicposition out of a conversation.

Still I think that discussion the fate of a person, and a person that is important for the operation, by a channel that is open to that person, is stupid. It is illogical, like shooting down Slaine and leaving him then. It makes Inaho's personality look contradictory.

Darklight0303 said:
Slaine doesn't have ALdnoah. Kinda can't use a Martian Kat without that REMEMBER?

I agree, but I wonder, why I had to watch Saazbaum showing him Tharsis twice in this case... :/
Sep 13, 2014 2:41 PM

Jan 2014
Darklight0303 said:
novian14 said:
soo the final war?

This make me think that the whole point of showing Slaine that kat is that when Inaho and Asseylum found it in the castle, views won't go like: "wtf, why is it here?". :P
Sep 13, 2014 2:43 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
This make me think that the whole point of showing Slaine that kat is that when Inaho and Asseylum found it in the castle, views won't go like: "wtf, why is it here?". :P

Convoluted plot-devices, convoluted plot-devices everywhere!

Do you think we'll see the scene with Saazbaum stupidly shooting Slaine's handcuffs off for the third time next week?

nirunaru said:
Guess my criticism slipped a bit.... They got me in this episode.... Because... omg. It got explosions and missiles!!!!!! ;)

And A LOT of missiles at that, I must say.
Sep 13, 2014 2:44 PM

Jul 2012
one more episode guys and then thats it... Gotta wait a long time before season 2 comes up..
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Sep 13, 2014 2:47 PM

Apr 2011
This might be nitpicky, but isn't having Asseylum's Kataphrakt's code name be Princess 1 rather dumb? The Martians could have intercepted their radio chatter, figured out their plan and known which Kataphrakt was hers. There's no reason why the Martians couldn't have done that right or am I missing something? Even if there was zero possibility of this, as far as the Terrans were concerned, there's still the possibility of traitors/spies amongst them. The rest of the code names were Mustang 11-44, so why not just have Asseylum's be Mustang 55? Or anything other than 'Princess 1' really just to be on the safe side?

Okay. I'm definitely being nitpicky. Stuff like this just bugs me way more than it should :P
LambdaDeltaGammaSep 13, 2014 3:50 PM
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2014

433 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2014

533 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

470 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

723 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2122 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 21, 6:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.