Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2014 10:50 AM

May 2014
I hope Rayet doesn't die though. So far only Inaho and her have killed martian kataphrakts. Although her kill was weakened :/ I don't think she can come up with quick ideas like Inaho
Sep 13, 2014 10:54 AM

Aug 2010
Now that was some crazy shit :D Loved it!

The moment Bre@thless played I knew shit is getting real XD

Lol'd at Mustang 33 talking big and getting blown away like that hahaha FAIL!

What was the OST when Princess was being driven to the Deucalion? I didn't hear it in the released OST?

Saazbaum friggin ruined the plan like a BOSS :O Owning. He's quite the formidable antagonist :3 And Deucalion crashing on the castle was a nice ending. I wonder what Slaine will do?

Seylum looked nice in her war suit :3 Well she looks nice in anything <3
Sep 13, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Seiryuu2 said:

Orlene and Deucalion now become only a history after this episode :')
Good joob for whoever the one who build the ship and as well as providing the aldnoah power.

Some crazy things must happen soon. Or else I can't see Inaho can beat Saazbaum' kat in 1 episode only. His kat is too OP. He takes down the big battle ship in 1 shot lol.

I think we will have the revelation in season 2 about who built that ship. Maybe the fate of Orlane as well. :P

And thinking back, I don't think that ship can't be fixed. Just need help from the Martians. XD

We will probably get to see that crazy things soon on next winter, Holy shit that Kat of Saazbaum is damn OP ._.
Now i am wondering how OP the real Deucalion was, Seems Saazbaum thought the same think as Inaho. Next Episode would ended with a big cliffhanger that will makes me pisses off for sure.
SanzenSep 13, 2014 10:58 AM

Sep 13, 2014 10:55 AM
Mar 2014
Really. Such a bold plan, even for Inaho. I didn't see that one coming.
Saazbaum's Kat really seems OP. Anti-radar, shitload of missiles who are able to down an Aldnoah-driven battleship, plus no doubt some other nasty surprises.
How did he actually manage to fly that high? That Kat really is sick.

RIP Deucalion. You did a good job.
BTW, Saazbaum is really on the hunt for the princess. Good thing they didn't get caught mid-jump by Saazbaum, because the princess would've been dead then.
Now, on to the next episode - the invasion of the landing castle. I wonder if Saazbaum will be able to show up in his Kat in his own landing castle, or that he needs to exit?
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Sep 13, 2014 10:58 AM

Dec 2013
LOOK WHAT I FOUND.
BRE@TH/LESS Aldnoah.Zero
If I forget to reply feel free to drop a message or comment on my profile!
Sep 13, 2014 11:00 AM

Jan 2014
Seiryuu2 said:

We will probably get to see that crazy things soon on next winter, Holy shit that Kat of Saazbaum is damn OP ._.
Now i am wondering how OP the real Deucalion was, Seems Saazbaum thought the same think as Inaho. Next Episode would ended with a big that will makes me pisses off for sure.

I think they will end this battle next episode.

But they will give us some unexplained surprise. We will be curios on how has it come to this.

Then in the second cour, they will explain all the secrets.

I can't see Earth side lose this battle though. The plot demands them to win now. Deucalion is a sitting duck atm, they have no way back or run away.

Losing means death for Inaho and Asseylum.
Sep 13, 2014 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed the ost in this episode, i was never really a fan of kind of heavy lyric jpop, but it fitted the episode nicely.

But I do still believe the episode was filled too much with anime logic, ie the Martians changing from rockets to bullets as soon as captain inaho released his magical plan. (Is this the finale, I thought it was episode 12, if it is) for inaho to be only one to have no character development is a full on shambles/ (if not) hopefully they'll end on a good fight with saazbaum. Inaho kind of reminds me of a contractor from darker than black due to his extreme rationalism, but by god is it so much to ask for the slightest bit of development jeeeesh.

Other than that series hasn't been that good
Sep 13, 2014 11:04 AM
Apr 2014
AMAZING EP!!!!!

So happy!!!
Sep 13, 2014 11:06 AM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:
Seiryuu2 said:

Now i am wondering how OP the real Deucalion was, Seems Saazbaum thought the same think as Inaho. Next Episode would ended with a big that will makes me pisses off for sure.

But they will give us some unexplained surprise. We will be curios on how has it come to this.

I can't see Earth side lose this battle though. The plot demands them to win now. Deucalion is a sitting duck atm, they have no way back or run away.

Yep, I am expecting the writer end the battle until the season's finale or else it would be pretty much pointless having an endless battle like that with no development on the plot or whatsoever.

The Captain's tactic is pretty much standard when the ship is going down, fucking ram on the opponent. If earth sides loses this battle, then that would makes the series is really poor written :C As if it's properly written in the first place lol.

Sep 13, 2014 11:07 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Cruhteo's white kataphrakt, Inaho, and the Princess are all near each other now! Can't wait to see what happens!!!

Oh boy...you might be right

I will give this trainwreck 10 out of 10 if this suddenly turns into Aquarion EVOL and they power it through sex.

chickenonthepan said:
Seiryuu2 said:

Sep 13, 2014 11:08 AM
Jan 2014
Barion-Zara said:

What was the OST when Princess was being driven to the Deucalion? I didn't hear it in the released OST?

That's cause it wasn't included in the OST album.

It's track #4 entitled "Keep on keeping on" from the Aldnoah.Zero ED A/Z aLIEz album.
Sep 13, 2014 11:11 AM

Aug 2014
Inaho!!! fuck all the others :D
Sep 13, 2014 11:14 AM

Feb 2014
Oh boi, last episode next week, this episode was awesome, lol at the loli driving the car.
They went with a suicidal attack? Don't know how it will turn out, but it doesn't seem to be good.
Sep 13, 2014 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
It's not as if they could have rammed Deucalion in the first place...right?
But's not as if I came to expect much from this show. But at least this episode was not really cheesy.
Sep 13, 2014 11:29 AM

Apr 2008
DejWoSWK said:
But's not as if I came to expect much from this show. But at least this episode was not really cheesy.

They likely wanted to keep the ship operational you know. A flying space battleship is useful you know
Sep 13, 2014 11:30 AM

Oct 2007
This episode was a 4/5 if you just like big dumb action and things exploding and like a 2.5/5 if you expect anything a little more than that like tension in your combat and an actual sense of combat choreography and flow of battle rather than everything just happening instantly and being completely one sided based on who is on the battlefield at the time and adult characters that aren't Sauzbaum managing to accomplish anything of note. You almost have to wonder why some of these characters are in this show for how little impact they've had even now. Basically Aldnoah.Zero's combat and depiction of warfare feels a lot like a Dynasty Warriors stage with Inaho and Sauzbaum being the best units in the game by a country mile.

I like how Yuki though ends up feeling like the most logical character in this episode saying that Inaho should be a little more cautious and not always taking these risky maneuvers while he's basically just like "Oh well it's worked for us all the other times so just shut up and let me do my thing cause I'm the coolest". In most she'd be shown to have a point and we'd see Inaho learning a harsh lesson somehow for failing to take the advice of his elders and not always charge headlong into battle with a vague gamble of a plan, but Aldnoah.Zero doesn't work that way. Inaho always proves to be 100% right and successful in his endeavors and it must be everyone else that learns from him and is saved by him so I don't expect much to come from those discussions they had and if anything he'll probably just end up saving her ass next week somehow. Hell this show barely even follows up consistently on the things that happen just in the previous episode so to expect something like that to come into play seems like a lot.
Sep 13, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2008
kliang96 said:
LOOK WHAT I FOUND.
BRE@TH/LESS Aldnoah.Zero

^ Thanks!

Some mad driving skills from Eddelrittuo there! But yeh...

Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Cruhteo's white kataphrakt, Inaho, and the Princess are all near each other now! Can't wait to see what happens!!!
!!!
Sep 13, 2014 11:33 AM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
DejWoSWK said:

They likely wanted to keep the ship operational you know. A flying space battleship is useful you know

Yes it is. But their whole plan was based on getting into castle and shutting it off. Combined with dummies,crashing the battleship into the castle and then scrambling would be most likely more effective than battleship high in stratosphere just dropping mechas to be shot at.
Sep 13, 2014 11:36 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I was actually enjoying the action and they had to go and do that stupid sequence with Eddelwhateverhernameis flying through the air in a Hummer. I'm still facepalming.

On another note, Inaho should just take over from the captain as overall commander of the force. She only commands the ship, while he is Hannibal, Napoleon and Yeng Wenli combined with his unprecendented tactical insights.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 13, 2014 11:36 AM
Mar 2014
DejWoSWK said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yes it is. But their whole plan was based on getting into castle and shutting it off. Combined with dummies,crashing the battleship into the castle and then scrambling would be most likely more effective than battleship high in stratosphere just dropping mechas to be shot at.

They didn't know the exact capabilities of the castle - if they got shot to pieces by the castle it wouldn't help much. Also, now in case that castle has an self-detonation sequence for some reason, they're out of something that can get them out.
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)
Sep 13, 2014 11:40 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah, this show gets -1 to score for that bullshit of a battle. Strategy was suicidal and pretty much impossible to succeed already, but the fact that oh so advanced Martians couldn't shoot down couple of free-falling chunks of steel with Macross Missile Massacre was even more insulting. That was Rail Wars level of writing.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 13, 2014 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
BenMS said:
DejWoSWK said:

They didn't know the exact capabilities of the castle - if they got shot to pieces by the castle it wouldn't help much. Also, now in case that castle has an self-detonation sequence for some reason, they're out of something that can get them out.

They do not know the exact capabilities,yet they are willing to drop soldiers and the princess,who is quite important for their plan from the stratosphere,with hardly any means to defend themselves.

In case of self-detonation of the castle,they would not make it in time most likely or they would be caught up in the explosion.
Sep 13, 2014 11:42 AM

Aug 2014
What's the soundtrack in this episode
Sounds really cool
Wait found it sorry :P
Sep 13, 2014 11:42 AM

Aug 2010
-Resident- said:

It's track #4 entitled "Keep on keeping on" from the Aldnoah.Zero ED A/Z aLIEz album.

Thnx :D
Sep 13, 2014 11:44 AM

Aug 2014
Okay, this was much better than I expected. I still got the occasional bursts of laughter at the most inappropriate times, but I mostly blame last episode for that. This episode was good, the average way, and it was what I was expecting of Aldnoah from the beginning, until they kind of sidetracked with the plot.

Nice action, passable battle plans (in anime way) and Inaho got his chance to shine. Our princess also finally gets the reality, that was in my opinion, quite obvious from the start.

Yes, they really just want the war, the assassination was -just- an excuse. Big surprise.

The way the not-main-cast pilots got killed in action, reminded me about Start Trek and redshirts though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redshirt_(character)

Edit: Hmm... can't seem to get the link to show correctly. It is probably because of the round brackets.
nirunaruSep 13, 2014 11:57 AM
Sep 13, 2014 11:48 AM

Sep 2013
Didn't mind this episode at all. There were only a few things that bugged me and most of them were not huge. There wasn't any real character building or anything like that, just pure action. For what it was, it was good and unintentionally hilarious at times.

I was however, bothered by the way Rayet just so happened to have her cell broken into by a mecha crashing into it and OF COURSE it is still fully functioning but I guess the pilot died? How the pilot died and the mecha is still okay? I DUNNO

Another issue I had... Why the hell is the Vers Ship so unable to target and shoot Inaho when he's THAT CLOSE to the ship? His mecha shield was only there for like 5 seconds. With all those lazers you'd think 1 would hit him or at least graze him. Whatever.

The next parts are things that I think are unintentionally hilarious.

Inaho saying he has the most experience fighting the Martian technology. Well that, that's because everyone else dies because they are complete incompetents. Lmao

The little helper loli driving... How do her feet even reach the pedals? Lmao

AND FINALLY THE GOLDEN COMEDY OF THE EPISODE. "If you stay calm, the bullets will evad-" *GETS BLOWN UP* LMAO I know it's wrong to laugh at people dying in war but, come on, that was so goofy and cheesy and came out of no where.

Nitpicks: The soldiers of the Vers Empire wear next to no armor. Helmets and vests and that's it.

Overall though, if I just look at it as an action episode, it did it's job. The action was good, far better than what it had been in the past episodes.
Sep 13, 2014 11:50 AM

Sep 2011
Can someone explain me what is Slain trying to do?
Sep 13, 2014 11:51 AM

Nov 2013
Next Motorstorm DLC - loli in hummer.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 13, 2014 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
I think next episode will be:

- Inaho and Asseylum finish their job in the landing castle. Though I don't know how can they beat Saazbaum. May be "I'm your father" scene will work. XD

- Slaine meets Rayet (and the maid). They will clear 2 drones inside the base and save the civilians.
Sep 13, 2014 12:11 PM
Jul 2013
Veldin461 said:

He's probably trying to reach the Princess in order to take the princess the room that will enable her to speak with he Grandfather the Emperor.
Sep 13, 2014 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
Veldin461 said:

nothing he is completely useless

"oh princess where are you please let me lick your feet, where are you?????"

if he was fighting for the martians he should be shooting down terrans

if he was fighting for earth he should be sabotaging the shit out of that landing castle

pretty good episode, wonder what is gonna happen next episode
Sep 13, 2014 12:14 PM
Feb 2012
chickenonthepan said:

- Inaho and Asseylum finish their job in the landing castle. Though I don't know how can they beat Saazbaum. May be "I'm your father" scene will work. XD

- Slaine meets Rayet (and the maid). They will clear 2 drones inside the base and save the civilians.

Most likely Inaho will get Cruhteo's kataphract.
Sep 13, 2014 12:15 PM

Jan 2014
xSanox said:
Veldin461 said:

nothing he is completely useless

"oh princess where are you please let me lick your feet, where are you?????"

if he was fighting for the martians he should be shooting down terrans

if he was fighting for earth he should be sabotaging the shit out of that landing castle

pretty good episode, wonder what is gonna happen next episode

My bet:

Slaine is setting up to meet Rayet and help her.

That drones is still too much for her to handle lone.

And I don't think the writer is so pointless to make him flying back to the landing castle after he goes all the way to the underground base.

Or he want to make "Slaine go-round"? :P
Just_ChickenSep 13, 2014 12:20 PM
Sep 13, 2014 12:16 PM

Jul 2014
dat insane loli driving skills.
The best thing about this ep was the falling scene, It was gorgeous .
Sep 13, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2014
Shaniyaz said:
Inaho is just as cool as ever; devising such insane plans with a straight face. Even Yuki said the same thing!

Annoying Eddelrittou was useful for once, though I wished for her to die after Asseylum was secured.
Good to see Rayet giving a hand. She may just be able to redeem herself.

That Saazbaum just had to appear the moment Asseylum was about to drop. With the fall of Deucalion, I wonder how they'd improvise the next plans.

Awesome episode. Still not sure of Slaine's intention. What is he up to? O.o

Good Episode.
I want to know what will Slaine do?
Sep 13, 2014 12:19 PM

Aug 2014
Sep 13, 2014 12:20 PM

Jul 2014
Leviathonlx said:
chickenonthepan said:

Most likely Inaho will get Cruhteo's kataphract.

"I´m your father", haha pretty hilarous O.O
Sep 13, 2014 12:20 PM

Jan 2013
My goodness, this was an intense episode!! My Muv-Luv vibes getting fully paid off.

I laughed when Rayet was protecting the Princess' aid.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Sep 13, 2014 12:21 PM

Feb 2014
Boring episode. Everyone from main cast has a thick plot armor so there isn't any tension and overally this whole plan was stupid and outcome predictable. Only ending was suprising.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Sep 13, 2014 12:23 PM

Jun 2012
I'm getting really really pissed

there's just one ep left for this season and Slaine has neither seen the princess/talk to her (he only knows she is alive) and has neither seen Inaho face to face (they just interacted ONCE in the whole series and that's where the OrangeBat jokes came from)

right now he just looks like a lost lamb who have no idea what to do next

AZ producers, the hell are you trying to accomplish?? are you seriously going to leave us with a stupid huge cliffhanger next week and we will have to wait like three more months to see the continuation???

- I only draw freestyle! -
Sep 13, 2014 12:24 PM
Feb 2013
I hope the princess is ok.
Sep 13, 2014 12:25 PM

Aug 2014
Inaho face was priceless in the end
Inaho:My plan wasnt perfect as always?haha
Sep 13, 2014 12:25 PM

Mar 2013
Best episode.
Sep 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Jul 2014
chickenonthepan said:

LMAO i am your father hahaa, getting into the landing castle wouldn't be pretty much a trouble now but to handle that gigantic shit would pain in the ass

Sep 13, 2014 12:26 PM

Jun 2013
Keten said:

I was however, bothered by the way Rayet just so happened to have her cell broken into by a mecha crashing into it and OF COURSE it is still fully functioning but I guess the pilot died? How the pilot died and the mecha is still okay? I DUNNO

The little helper loli driving... How do her feet even reach the pedals? Lmao

AND FINALLY THE GOLDEN COMEDY OF THE EPISODE. "If you stay calm, the bullets will evad-" *GETS BLOWN UP* LMAO I know it's wrong to laugh at people dying in war but, come on, that was so goofy and cheesy and came out of no where.

Nitpicks: The soldiers of the Vers Empire wear next to no armor. Helmets and vests and that's it.

Dang you beat me to all the nitpicks and the unintentionally hilarious moments. I was about to comment especially on Edelrittuo's surprisingly long legs for her to be able to reach the pedals, even if the pedals were probably inherently long. She shoulda looked more like this while driving:

I think I wouldn't gain much out of complaining about the plot armor that Inko, Inaho and Yuki have while everyone else dies. I actually enjoyed the action this episode a lot, and it's nice to see the princess stepping up to take care of business by herself. Her character kind of reminds me of Nia from TTGL.

Good climax episode before the first season finale.
Sep 13, 2014 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
TheUnbiasedOne91 said:
Inaho face was priceless in the end
Inaho:My play wasnt perfect as always?haha

Haha, I think the same :D
Sep 13, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2014
Seiryuu2 said:
chickenonthepan said:

LMAO i am your father hahaa, getting into the landing castle wouldn't be pretty much a trouble now but to handle that gigantic shit would pain in the ass

If sh** doesn't happen, Saazbaum will just slaughter them all. :P

My bet is that sh** will happen, the only matter is what kind of sh**. XD
Sep 13, 2014 12:33 PM

Aug 2014
I’m surprised Eddelrittuo can even reach the gas pedal.

Apr 2010
When all else fails.

Aside from the Humvee shrugging off a head on collision with a rocket, this was quite enjoyable.

Nov 2011
pakoko said:
Edelrittuo's surprisingly long legs for her to be able to reach the pedals, even if the pedals were probably inherently long. She shoulda looked more like this while driving:

Oh God :D
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 2:10 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2014

719 by Softhenic03 »»
Yesterday, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2014

433 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 2:00 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 2, 2014

533 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

470 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 21, 12:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.