Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 13, 2014 5:08 PM

Jun 2010
Scrypt said:
Wow, 8 pages of what's supposed to be an episode discussion and all I've been reading is "ASS this or BUTT that." Was Sinon's butt all most seemed to have focused on this episode?

It's all the camera seemed to focus on for a large part of it, is the problem.
Sep 13, 2014 5:15 PM

Jan 2008
neonie said:
Scrypt said:
Wow, 8 pages of what's supposed to be an episode discussion and all I've been reading is "ASS this or BUTT that." Was Sinon's butt all most seemed to have focused on this episode?

Don't forget Kirito also solved the riddle to Death Gun after looking at her ass. It's not just any ass, it's a magical ass that sparks answers to all problems. Most definitely the highlight of the episode.
Sep 13, 2014 5:21 PM

Jun 2010
Paul said:
neonie said:

Don't forget Kirito also solved the riddle to Death Gun after looking at her ass. It's not just any ass, it's a magical ass that sparks answers to all problems. Most definitely the highlight of the episode.

I didn't really take that as "Kirito looked at ass and solved case" :P. Not every place the camera focuses on is where the character is focusing on lol.
Sep 13, 2014 5:25 PM

Jan 2014
Kirito gets inspired by Sinon's ass...Than he gets inspired by the Lizard's ass...The only thing i learned from this episode was the fact that Kirito is an ass person...
Sep 13, 2014 5:26 PM

Jul 2007
Man people are going to haaaate this adaptation if they expect the stupid braekneck pacing of SAO1(which tried to turn it into generic action forgoing the main point of the novels - character interactions and psychology)

Maledict said:
Are you kidding me, yet another episode without a confrontation?

And if this was an action show that would be a problem. ITs not.

xxdeathx said:
The absurdity that Kirito's revelation came after seeing Sinon's ass made that part the best moment of the episode right there.

SInce people keep being retarded about this, I'll answer this once:

No, it did not came from him looking at the ass, that was what distracted him first, but then he noticed that she does not have her pistol on her waist - hence the argument that Death Gun used different weapon because his standard one lacked preparations and was not available
Sep 13, 2014 5:26 PM

Dec 2013
Zzz.. whole episode focusing on Kirito and Sinon sitting in the cave. This is starting to feel like an insult to SAO's first arc
Sep 13, 2014 5:27 PM

Jan 2011
Paul said:
neonie said:

Haha though to me it felt like Kirito was just getting aroused by Sinon's ass and when he thought he was about to get caught... BOOM sudden inspiration.

I would've preferred if Death Gun was working solo. At least it makes the players death more mysterious though explaining that would be more tough I think.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Sep 13, 2014 5:33 PM

May 2011
Scrypt said:

Well, apart from that, there's nothing to discuss about.
Sep 13, 2014 5:34 PM

Mar 2012
It's like they realized the first few episodes went by too fast and GGO arc + Rosario arc can't cover 24 episodes so they're intentionally dragging this out.

And yup, realizing there's a stranger in your room while you're "sleeping" getting ready to kill you is a rather scary thought.
ninja88880Sep 13, 2014 5:37 PM
Sep 13, 2014 5:36 PM
Apr 2014
You people are missing something important.

Kirito noticed there were 2 DG not because of the two tails, you know, Sinon has two butt cheeks [english isn't my native but you get what i mean]

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 13, 2014 5:37 PM

Jul 2007
ninja88880 said:
It's like they realized the first few episodes went by too fast and GGO arc + Rosario arc can't cover 24 episodes so they're intentionally dragging this out.

Except they are not. They have been going with a VERY steady equal pace through EVERY episode since first this season. The only pacing change happened two episodes ago or so that explained a bit more of what Kirito did when he got into the tournament map.

Otherwise they have been going with very steady face.

SAO has VERY few fights overall. First season had more fighting because they rushed through material like crazy forgoing all character development, growth and psychological aspects of the show.

Don't expect it to be action show. Its not. It won't be. There will be fight, but the focus is on characters and what they experience and how that changes them.
Sep 13, 2014 5:42 PM

Oct 2013
ninja88880 said:

And yup, realizing there's a stranger in your room while you're "sleeping" getting ready to kill you is a rather scary thought.

Perhaps it feels that way to some, but the pacing has been consistent to the exact compared to the light novel it's based on. The novel literally spent just as much content on explanation and drama.

Combat tends to be an essential, but never an overly time-consuming part of SAO, or light novels in general. You really can't spend that many pages describing a single combat encounter. That's why anime adopted from manga tend to be more combat-heavy.
Sep 13, 2014 5:55 PM

Sep 2013
boku said:
A-1, please, stop with all the ass shots, suggestive poses and angles.
The cave scene felt so much more platonic in the novel...

interesting, would have liked to see that
that was .... idk lol
good ep otherwise! I enjoy the build ups from ep to ep
Sep 13, 2014 6:06 PM
Aug 2013
I thought for sure the camera zoomed in directly on Sinon's butt for a second there.
Anyways, finally the two death guns are explained. When I read that in the LN, I was terrified. It really is a scary thing.
Also, like those who mentioned this already before me, the cave scene is a bit slow, but that's how the pacing is supposed to be. The LN spent an equal amount of time, perhaps more, on them discussing things in the cave. For some reason, SAO really likes taking a lot of time to explain stuff.
This isn't a spoiler, but in the current "arc" in the LN, there was I think a whole three chapters dedicated to explaining how something worked.
I was really, really, really, bored reading that.
So yeah...SAO loves explaining stuff.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Sep 13, 2014 6:22 PM
Dec 2012
Reyxe said:
Caleb8980 said:

You are right, but one small correction here ;-)

When he tells Sinon about how he fought against Musketeer X and we see him victorious, he already presses his hand against his other, injured, arm heavily implying that he got shot in their fight ;-)

If DG's shot would have hit, Kirito would be paralyzed and sure as hell couldn't drive a buggy ^^

... DG has normal bullets too, u know?
Caleb8980 said:
Takuan_Soho said:

He was shot last episode. They didn't show it, but they did show the orange injury marker when he picked Shion up and got her out of the arena.

The animation implied that DG had shot him, but that wasn't the case in the novel. Muskateer X was the one who shot him.

You are right, but one small correction here ;-)

When he tells Sinon about how he fought against Musketeer X and we see him victorious, he already presses his hand against his other, injured, arm heavily implying that he got shot in their fight ;-)

If DG's shot would have hit, Kirito would be paralyzed and sure as hell couldn't drive a buggy ^^

I did figure that was when he was hit. I just assumed their life bar would diminish, didn't think they stayed injured through the rest of the tournament. I read the LN but forgot everything other than the major events lol. Can't wait for next week
Sep 13, 2014 6:23 PM

Aug 2011
Really enjoying this so far! I love the idea that someone is in her room just waiting, Creepy & suspenseful!
Sep 13, 2014 6:24 PM

Mar 2014
There sure were a whole lot of Sinon butt shots this episode. O_O I mean the camera even zoomed in on it!
Zanos1Sep 13, 2014 6:28 PM
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Sep 13, 2014 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
They sure got friendly with each other, especially Sinon towards Kirito, snuggling up like that. And that zoom was unnecessary.

Kirito may be in luck though, given that Asuna wanted to go to where he is, she might have missed the live camera.
Sep 13, 2014 6:47 PM
Oct 2012
Mugen24 said:
Kirito all of a sudden becoming Elliot Ness and discovering Death Gun's whole operation all while sitting in a cave for the entire episode

This seems to have been the "complaint of the day" by our resident haters. But the funny thing is that it didn't require any great genius for Kirito to realize how DG operated. It was explained from the start that it should have been impossible for someone to kill via VR, and guess what, it still is.

The reason the haters are whining is because all along they have been complaining about how "stupid" this show is and how "obvious" everything was, but they themselves never figured it out how it was done (even though it was pretty obvious). They think Kirito is a "master detective" because if they don't confess to this (and then complain about it) they would have to admit that the writer outfoxed them, and of course they don't have the humility (or self awareness) to admit to that.

There is a vital difference between haters and critics. Critics can explain why they dislike something, haters are notable in their inability to explain anything and a blinding obliviousness that is truly stunning.
Sep 13, 2014 7:02 PM

Jan 2011
Looks at ass, "I figured out how Death Gun is doing it!"
Sep 13, 2014 7:13 PM

Jul 2014
Sorry, what did I just watch?

Can someone tell me? This episode was absolutely awful, any self-respecting SAO fan could not call this episode remotely enjoyable.

Asuna x Kirito has been completely tossed out of the window, and replaced with this snugglepuffing of Jigglypuffs and pantsu shots.

Please...
Sep 13, 2014 7:15 PM

Jul 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
Mugen24 said:
Kirito all of a sudden becoming Elliot Ness and discovering Death Gun's whole operation all while sitting in a cave for the entire episode

This seems to have been the "complaint of the day" by our resident haters. But the funny thing is that it didn't require any great genius for Kirito to realize how DG operated. It was explained from the start that it should have been impossible for someone to kill via VR, and guess what, it still is.

The reason the haters are whining is because all along they have been complaining about how "stupid" this show is and how "obvious" everything was, but they themselves never figured it out how it was done (even though it was pretty obvious). They think Kirito is a "master detective" because if they don't confess to this (and then complain about it) they would have to admit that the writer outfoxed them, and of course they don't have the humility (or self awareness) to admit to that.

There is a vital difference between haters and critics. Critics can explain why they dislike something, haters are notable in their inability to explain anything and a blinding obliviousness that is truly stunning.

Not to mention its not the first time Kirito did detective work. He did that in SAO (twice even, I think) too,so its not like his smarts just came out of nowhere.
Sep 13, 2014 7:20 PM

Dec 2012
So there are two Death Gun's. One in GGO and in the real world.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 13, 2014 7:34 PM

Feb 2014
Someone get Sinon a glass of water cause she THIRSTY! Haha
Sep 13, 2014 7:36 PM

Oct 2013
I didn't read the entirety of the forums, so don't hate if someone else already brought this up.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but with this latest episode (From what I remember about the LN), don't they only have a few chapters to go?.. Does anybody know if they will cover the Mother's Rosario arc as well? Or if they will stretch the shit out of it to get the 2nd cour?

Or do we all just have to wait and see?

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Sep 13, 2014 7:41 PM

Jan 2009
ReaperCreeper said:

the ass gives a lot of insights
Sep 13, 2014 7:43 PM

Dec 2013
Noooo Sinon dont become Kirito's bitchhh D:
Sep 13, 2014 8:08 PM

Jun 2010
Wtf A-1... Ass shot every minute.. how fucking desperate.
Sep 13, 2014 8:10 PM

Dec 2012
ALL HAIL SINON'S BUTT!

Sep 13, 2014 8:22 PM
Jan 2013
-GiaN- said:
ALL HAIL SINON'S BUTT!

SAO's success among the anime fandom always lied on its

@sspirations.

(I have a video on this ep if u want my full thoughts.)
genesic123Sep 13, 2014 8:30 PM

Sep 13, 2014 8:31 PM

Apr 2013
Still waiting for the jedi scene from the OP
Sep 13, 2014 9:30 PM
Mar 2014
Dang that explanation...

If I was Sinon I would be freaking out so much right now. Creepy af knowing someone's out there, and dying from someone else other than Deathgun and then waking up to see DG#2 would be super risky.
Sep 13, 2014 9:31 PM
Mar 2014
ReaperCreeper said:

Hahaha, I was wondering how that part was at all relevant. Just showed he butt crack then Boom! Got it.
Sep 13, 2014 9:45 PM

Jun 2014
I didn't think the ass being shown multiple times was that bad or desperate. IMO what was bad was the explanation side of Death Gun. Being two of them makes sense, though the rest was pretty damn stupid.
Sep 13, 2014 9:52 PM

May 2013
My main thought during the episode was how Kirito's explanation was speculation at best. Then I figured it must be true because they thought of it and are so sure of it.
Sep 13, 2014 9:58 PM

Oct 2013
I'd be really freaked out if i knew someone was standing over me waiting for the go to kill me while I was unconscious...
Sep 13, 2014 9:59 PM

Jul 2007
Dome said:
KumaKing said:
Damn that's scary as hell, if I were in Sinon's shoes I would freak the fuck out.

Yeah, she lives alone so knowing that there's a stranger standing next her who's waiting to kill her and knowing that she can't move or scream, that's really creepy as hell. If I was death gun who is standing next to her, I would do perverted thing to her until I take the orders to kill her. @_@

I'm sure there's another hidden Chapter 16.5 for this GGO scene as well.
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Sep 13, 2014 9:59 PM

Jun 2014
lx_theo said:
My main thought during the episode was how Kirito's explanation was speculation at best. Then I figured it must be true because they thought of it and are so sure of it.

Kirito is L. Confirmed.
Sep 13, 2014 10:16 PM
May 2010
The climax is appending. Pretty good episodes with some unanswered questions.
1. It still isn't clear how the second Death Gun get hold of real life information on targets. Also, I guess the audience is left to assume that this guy is a professional lock picker and security system hacker without being noticed by neighbors or anyone for acting suspiciously at other people's apartments with that weird ass looking outfit.
2. Even with a badly decomposed body, a biopsy can still find out information of drugs ingested, dosage and the time schedule.
3. Not sure how handguns would be stronger than a rifle that could even kill Kirito in one shot.
4. Why is Kirito so adamant that the second Death Gun won't just kill players randomly?
5. Why would the Death Gun in game needs to check his watch? What does that even do to the second Death Gun in real world? I thought the cross sign is enough to signal the killing.
jimmy2027Sep 13, 2014 10:21 PM
Sep 13, 2014 10:17 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, surprised they came to that conclusion. I guess that's the best way to explain the cause of death.
Sep 13, 2014 10:20 PM

Jun 2014
jimmy2027 said:
1. It still isn't clear how the second Death Gun get hold of real life information on targets. Also, I guess the audience is left to assume that this guy is a professional lock picker and security system hacker without being noticed by neighbors or anyone for being acting suspiciously at other people's apartments.
2. Even with a badly decomposed body, a biopsy can still find out information of drugs ingested.
3. Not sure how handguns would be stronger than a rifle that could even kill Kirito in one shot.
4. Why is Kirito so adamant that the second Death Gun won't just kill players randomly?
5. Why would the Death Gun in game needs to check his watch? What does that even do to the second Death Gun in real world? I thought the cross sign is enough to signal the killing.

The handgun is a special type, right? I thought that was mentioned.

Maybe not though.
Sep 13, 2014 10:29 PM

Aug 2008
Slow episode. But glad that they learn how did Death Gun kill all those people.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 13, 2014 10:42 PM

Aug 2013
I love it when my hunch turns out to be right. I thought it was kind of fishy why the screen focused on Kirito's blank registration for BoB. It must mean the real life info was known by the perpetrator so that only meant the killings were done in person, in real life.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 13, 2014 11:04 PM

Jun 2014
Slow emotional, plot build up episode done. Now it's time for the FINAL SHOW DOWN.
*que 80's crowd pleader*
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Sep 13, 2014 11:46 PM

Dec 2011
Honestly... the number off ass shots increased compared to the previous season

And also the number of unnecessary skin ship and touching between sinon and kirito also increased... and wth with sinon, she's fine being touch with someone she barely know and felt all gross being touched by her friend that she knows? Sao's logic
amc9988Sep 13, 2014 11:51 PM
Sep 14, 2014 12:03 AM

Aug 2013
Darn, I wanted to see Asuna get jealous when the REC thing floated around.

I just noticed by another commenter but if you're German then you probably knew who Death Gun was all along since Sterben= Death which equals to DeathGun....
Sep 14, 2014 12:16 AM

Jun 2013
jimmy2027 said:
1. It still isn't clear how the second Death Gun get hold of real life information on targets. Also, I guess the audience is left to assume that this guy is a professional lock picker and security system hacker without being noticed by neighbors or anyone for acting suspiciously at other people's apartments with that weird ass looking outfit.
2. Even with a badly decomposed body, a biopsy can still find out information of drugs ingested, dosage and the time schedule.

Have you ever seen Everything Wrong With on youtube? You would be great at that :D

Still, allow me to try to counter some of points:
1. It is actually pretty simple. This is not first BoB, right? Which means, Death Gun had time to see their names and to use whatever methods he has to find his victims. As for that other part, yeah, audience is left to assume which I don't really like. Though it might be explained later, I don't really remember LN.
2.Yeah, it can find out, but still death was due to heart failure which is not that uncommon. There was no basis for full autopsy in the first place. It seemed like a natural death, and Kikouka was pretty much chasing the rumor.
3.Well, handgun might not be as strong as rifle, but that is what he used when players disconnected so instead of killing you in game, it kills you for real.
4.He is not adamant about anything. He is assuming everything, from one point to other. Whatever the truth, they must get rid of Death Gun.
5.Well, it is not that hard to understand as well. We saw them kill Pale Rider, right? Assuming that Pale Rider and Sinon don't live next to each other, they need to have some general time so that they can get into apartment and prepare for injection. So he might be rechecking time just to be sure.

PS. Don't get me wrong, I am not bashing you or anything. Even after all I wrote, your questions still stand firmly. I ask myself the same, and try to answer with what I wrote in response, simply because I want to enjoy show more. I am here for enjoyment, not to be an annoying fan who things SAO II is the best thing in the world. I simply find here enjoyment I couldn't find in first part because of plot holes. Compared to SAO, plot holes SAO II has are nothing.
Dimitrije1606Sep 14, 2014 12:23 AM
Ad Astra Per Aspera
Sep 14, 2014 12:44 AM

Apr 2014
Jesus, 5 minutes in and we already have 20 ass-shots of Sinon. Like holy hell do they like to show us her ass over and over.

"Lets talk about something relevant to the story behind Death Gun and- oh, here's an ass-shot to distract you from actually paying any attention!".
Nop.
Sep 14, 2014 12:53 AM

Oct 2013
To be honest guys.. if this show wasn't called Sword Art Online it'd get bad reviews.. there hasnt been much action at all and the drama is hella cheesy. Just another case of guilty crown, amazing animation but oh.. the writing, how bad the writing is = =".
Sep 14, 2014 12:56 AM

Aug 2014
All hail the first 14 episode of season 1! If you now like SAO :P

But agree with you all A-1 and all this ass angles...Not even fun more.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2014

835 by Vivid_7 »»
Apr 21, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

-Karoshi- - Dec 20, 2014

618 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 17, 6:11 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2014

958 by maki_evergarden »»
Mar 17, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 25, 2014

289 by erixqh »»
Feb 22, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online II Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2014

762 by minu11 »»
Jan 26, 5:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.