Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 13, 2014 2:26 AM

Sep 2014
Fairy Tail now gets two kings! one from Edolas and one from Earth who can stop them now?
''I wish to believe in a righteous light that encompasses the rage and sadness....the righteous light which guides all things''

''You will regret this i will show you magic like you never seen before! ''
Sep 13, 2014 3:24 AM

Apr 2014
Even through I hoped that the garou knights would try to move natsu, the episode was good.
Sep 13, 2014 3:49 AM

May 2014
The King Natsu!! ... -kabo
Sep 13, 2014 4:46 AM
Oct 2007
This arc is so anticlimax as a whole. The level of epicness in this whole arc did not even amount to half when compared to the poorly adapted Tokyo Ghoul. I was expecting more depth to the story since dragons are involved. The super slow pacing isn't helping too but that's understandable. 6 out of 10 for the Grand Magic Games arc. 3/5 for this episode..
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2014 4:46 AM

Jun 2013
well that was slow as hell and Erza has huge boobs
Sep 13, 2014 5:08 AM

Sep 2014
luccide said:
This arc is so anticlimax as a whole. The level of epicness in this whole arc did not even amount to half when compared to the poorly adapted Tokyo Ghoul. I was expecting more depth to the story since dragons are involved. The super slow pacing isn't helping too but that's understandable. 6 out of 10 for the Grand Magic Games arc. 3/5 for this episode..

I agree but i can't wait until Tartarus arc is animated so far is way better then Dragons arc.
''I wish to believe in a righteous light that encompasses the rage and sadness....the righteous light which guides all things''

Sep 13, 2014 5:09 AM

Apr 2008
KingMystogan said:
luccide said:

I agree but i can't wait until Tartarus arc is animated so far is way better then Dragons arc.

We have the sun village arc before that
Sep 13, 2014 5:13 AM

Sep 2014
Darklight0303 said:
KingMystogan said:

I liked that arc too

Sep 13, 2014 5:17 AM

Apr 2008
KingMystogan said:
Darklight0303 said:

I liked that arc too

Yeah same here. Just saying there's a bit of a buffer arc before the BEST arc
Sep 13, 2014 5:27 AM

Mar 2012
I just want to see Natsu with the King's clothes already XD

KYAAAAA~ Lucy is so damn kawaii!!!!
Happy on the best spot ever! *3*
OMG DAT CHELIAAAA :O My eyes... MY EYES ARE BURNING FOR SEEING TOO MUCH CUTENESS!
*dies*

Next episode we're gonna see Ultear :/
Sep 13, 2014 5:32 AM

Dec 2013
What else is in Erza's cleavage-kabo.
Sep 13, 2014 7:38 AM

Jan 2014
Lmao Erza pulled the cats out of her cleavage

miskos3 said:

This cracked me up as it did in its manga version. Hilarious
Sep 13, 2014 8:35 AM

May 2013
Qans said:
You almost annihilated 6 billion people on the planet and doomed all of humanity for the rest of existance based on a whim from a strange random man who was obviously a lunatic judging from his hairstyle, personality and appearance. Punishment? Wear a pumpkin mask for a week. 1/5. May bump it up to 2 because of titties but probably not. Also could have made it a little less obvious it was a filler

This specific episode draws from material from the manga, so it wasn't technically a filler which would be tv original content.

I liked this episode, It was fun and we really needed an episode like this.. Hopefully this is where the new series can take flight; however some of the voice acting was bit meh (i.e. natsu's laugh while he pretends to be king is horrendous.) It wasn't as good as the original fun episodes from Fairy Tail, but it is a pretty good start... though that GaLe moment was so cute <3.
Erza's breasts have just reached a legendary level. I wonder how she pulled it off. A magic trick? Requip? Does she really have that much room in her bra? Such questions caused me to miss a few scenes after seeing that so I had to rewatch them xD. She looked like she was having a little too much fun with it too. That smile.
Sep 13, 2014 9:20 AM
Aug 2014
This episode of Fairy Tail was for comedic purposes really enjoyable. In my opinion that is what this episode was all about. Natsu playing for king, Erza taking the Exceed from her breasts, the fight for Yukino and the 'Kabo!'-scene.
It made me laugh many times. Also nice to see that the problems between Erza and Milliana are solved. And not only they but almost the problems and issues.

Also this announces the end of the 'Grand Magic Games/Daimatou Enbu'-arc. I wonder if Rogue will be able to stay himself, except for changing to his evil self or if Frosch won't be killed and by who...?

I give the episode: 8.5
+ Full of humor.
+ Last problems and issues from the arc are solved.
+ Kabo!...scene

- Only (kind of) negative thing is that the episode didn't progess that much since it only was the party we got to see.
Sep 13, 2014 9:58 AM

Nov 2011
PPL's discontent with this arc is understandable. No dragon slayer defeated any dragon, more like didn't even scratch it. Natsu saved everyone in the end... by defeating a lifeless object? Lol okay.
And this episode was not necessary. Fair to say it was a cannon filler. It kinda made me realize that Fairy Tail is indeed targeted at much younger audience than, even say, Naruto. Basically, a huge war went on, so many ppl died, including some pretty iconic characters, and nobody is even willing to admit that the king's daughter shouldn't have taken everything in her hands, deciding something so huge on her own, not consulting the guilds or the king.... hm. I'm sad to see everyone so happy and careless exactly the moment that they were straight on reminded how weak and useless they are.

On the other hand, I see why them actually defeating the dragons wouldnt have been a good choice story-wise. I eman that should be just a sort of end-achievement. If all the dragon slayers would be able to kill a dragon now, then everyone would expect Natsu to be able to defeat at leaast Acnologia by himself. And I mean... where's the thrill in that? They simply couldn''t have been so overpowered in this stage on the story. Well... so basically this arc was needed to tone down the power of the characters and the viewer's/reader's feeling that the heroes could kill anything at any time.
Sep 13, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2007
Morridine said:
On the other hand, I see why them actually defeating the dragons wouldnt have been a good choice story-wise. I eman that should be just a sort of end-achievement. If all the dragon slayers would be able to kill a dragon now, then everyone would expect Natsu to be able to defeat at leaast Acnologia by himself. And I mean... where's the thrill in that? They simply couldn''t have been so overpowered in this stage on the story. Well... so basically this arc was needed to tone down the power of the characters and the viewer's/reader's feeling that the heroes could kill anything at any time.

This is pretty much it. The author outright stated he intended this to be anticlimactic, and toning down the characters perceived power level is the obvious goal. Indeed, it could have been done better (much better), but we get what we get and either accept or drop.

That being said, this was my most anticipated episode (pre Tartarus arc at least), and I was hoping they'd devote a full episode to this chapter. I love the outfits and antics here, and was not disappointed in the least. Unfortunately, it'll probably be awhile before we get another one I really like.
Sep 13, 2014 12:11 PM
May 2011
Finally a new arc
Sep 13, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
It was nice to see this change of atmosphere,after 20 so episodes of battles and epicness..It had this Fairy Tail feeling to it! (After each grand battle won,a party will be held):)))

Lol..That Juvia 2.0 :))

Natsu being...Natsu lol :)) I would vote for Natsu to be a king though haha~ :)) It would be very funny!

Everyone looked soo good in those suits and dresses *.* And i LOVED that GaLe moment <3 <3 geehee~
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Sep 13, 2014 12:59 PM

May 2012
5 best girl at the part coz everyone's look good.. :))
Erza
Juvia
Kagura
Lucy
Hisui

special mention to that Gray's nude outfit :)

Sep 13, 2014 1:13 PM

Sep 2013
lol poor Mavus being unable to eat the jello or pudding.
This is why Gajeel's my favorite. The man is badass even in a suit.
I agree with the rest of you, this episode felt like old Fairy Tail and thats a good thing. Still wish SOMEONE wouldve brought up Ultear though. I mean all she did was sacrifice her own life to save everyone elses!
Sep 13, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2008
Old_Raven said:
lol poor Mavus being unable to eat the jello or pudding.
This is why Gajeel's my favorite. The man is badass even in a suit.
I agree with the rest of you, this episode felt like old Fairy Tail and thats a good thing. Still wish SOMEONE wouldve brought up Ultear though. I mean all she did was sacrifice her own life to save everyone elses!

Such is the fate of the unsung hero
Sep 13, 2014 2:14 PM

May 2013
Hilarious episode, loved the part when Erza pulled 3 cats out of her boobs :P
Sep 13, 2014 2:28 PM

Sep 2012
Everybody else already said what I wanted to say but I just have to point out one thing... Natsu looks so damn good in suit!
WinnDixieX3Sep 13, 2014 2:34 PM
Sep 13, 2014 2:30 PM

Nov 2011
WinnDixieX3 said:
Everybody else already said what I wanted to say but I just have to point out one thing... Natsu looks so damn good in suit!

xD Because he's always wearing flip flops for crying out loud! You imagine the mangaka thought this was cool enough to put them on the main character badass wannabe xD
Sep 13, 2014 3:16 PM
Sep 2012
it was an amazing ep for me ... i laughed and smiled the whole ep ...i missed such funny eps ... that what makes FT so amazing <3
Sep 13, 2014 4:52 PM

Mar 2014
lmfao erzas cleavage holds a lot of stuff
Sep 13, 2014 5:04 PM

Apr 2011
Way much better than the manga.

It was an amazing episode, the party scene and certain characters, reminds me of One Piece. Both are my favorite series! Wish they were from the same magazine...
Sep 13, 2014 5:26 PM

Dec 2011
Hahaha. I love that the princess ends her sentences with -kabo. Hahaha. That was a fun episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2014 6:10 PM

Jan 2011
Did anybody notice that Levy didn't go to the ball at all? It wasn't commented on in the episode, except that small scene with Gajeel looking for her, but he simply returned and she was totally forgotten both by the ball guest aswell as by the people commenting here..
Sep 13, 2014 7:27 PM

Aug 2013
Nice light-hearted episode after all the serious, dark ones.

I thought the arc as a whole was okay. The tournament part was fantastic, but the time travel part was kind of weak. Hopefully the next arc is better.
Sep 14, 2014 7:18 AM

May 2013
After that long hard-fought battle, they celebrate with a party. It's nice to see that they enjoyed themselves. Erza just took 3 cats out of her chest. Haha! Natsu becoming the king Haha! That cracked me up. Good thing the princess' punishment was just to wear that mask-kabo.

The preview looks promising.
Sep 14, 2014 8:44 AM

Dec 2011
After the fighting they had to endure I think the wizards deserve some relaxation and fun.

Gray's party costume is epic as always...

Dat hug dodge from Gray and he was really mean to Juvia T.T

Wendy looked really cute :3

Erza and Kagura were also really cute :3

LOOOOOL, Happy must have been really happy to come out from Erza's cleavage... even Charl and Lilly even... that bewb storage space doe...

Hahahaha, they're all fighting over Yukino XD.

LOOOOOOOL, Natsu's the king... now everything adds up and I should have known from the start...

Well that's quite the punishment XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 14, 2014 8:46 AM
Jul 2018
damn gray is brutal to juvia.

poor juvia haha.

i thought he was starting to come around to her and like her but damn,... guess not... maybe it wlll never work out? maybe gray likes lucy?
Sep 14, 2014 9:01 AM

Apr 2008
GarudaAiacos said:

poor juvia haha.

i thought he was starting to come around to her and like her but damn,... guess not... maybe it wlll never work out? maybe gray likes lucy?

LOL no he doesn't
Sep 14, 2014 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
luccide said:

You gotta understand tho, the dragon part was more about future rogue, and changing the future, so everyone doesnt die and rogue doesnt go evil.

The dragons were more of a subplot since there was so many dragon slayers, they were there because rogue brought them there and it was pretty much to show the dragon slayers arent ready for dragons yet. They are called dragon slayers but not one of them could slay a dragon. It shows that they are not ready for when the dragons truly enter the picture.

This is not the end of dragons in fairy tail.

So dragons will be back. there will be a long awesome arc about dragons and dragon slayers but it will be the last arc or second to last arc.

This was just a preview.
Sep 14, 2014 9:33 AM
Jul 2018
Darklight0303 said:
GarudaAiacos said:

poor juvia haha.

LOL no he doesn't

ahh so hes a lolicon and likes wendy?

or is he just the ultimate tsundere male?
Sep 14, 2014 9:58 AM

Apr 2008
GarudaAiacos said:
Darklight0303 said:

LOL no he doesn't

ahh so hes a lolicon and likes wendy?

or is he just the ultimate tsundere male?

Bingo on the tsundere
Sep 14, 2014 1:43 PM
Jul 2013
OMG!! That GaLe moment in the beginning <3
That Erza... O.O
Sep 14, 2014 4:51 PM

Feb 2013
Nice to finally see a light and heartwarming episode after all these episodes.
Sep 14, 2014 8:03 PM

Dec 2007
NwAurion said:
Did anybody notice that Levy didn't go to the ball at all? It wasn't commented on in the episode, except that small scene with Gajeel looking for her, but he simply returned and she was totally forgotten both by the ball guest aswell as by the people commenting here..
This is not quite accurate. She was in one of the first shots, and it's implied that she left at some point afterward, which was promptly noticed by future hubby Gajeel.

Sep 14, 2014 8:12 PM

Apr 2012
King Natsu !! So funny, had to hold my laughter in cuz it's 5 A.M. here
Sep 15, 2014 12:49 AM
Aug 2014
It's weird but I was actually waiting for this episode almost as much as the one where the dragons finally show up lol. I really wanted to see all the ladies in there fancy dresses especially Kagura :3 she looked so adorable xD especially when she said to Erza more of an older sister awwwwwww so cute!!! But the best part was definitely waiting for Natsu to show up as the king xD
Sep 15, 2014 4:50 AM

Jul 2013
Plenty of comedy in this one kabo xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Sep 15, 2014 5:12 AM
Mar 2014
This ep was really good 10/10
Sep 15, 2014 10:10 AM

Jul 2011
I loved this episode. Specially when Kagura and Erza became sisters lol. that was cute.

The whole episode was cute.

Just one sad thing, was about that girl that practically saved everyone. HOw nobody has realized her sacrifice. But I think they're going to talk about that next episode. With her two guild members.
Sep 15, 2014 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
How fa fuq did Erza pull out 3 cats from her boobs xD

Sep 16, 2014 4:15 AM

Aug 2014
GrayXWendy :D Bye-bye Juvia xD
WTF Erza? Let me in.

I'm starting to think that from the start of this season, Hiro is starting to lose ideas.
There were a lot of overused scenes.

When Natsu was gone, people would start questioning, but does it have to show everyone asking "Where's Natsu?"
When Hisui was about to get punished, everyone started defending her, and the king still punished her, but lightly. Why doesn't that feel new? x.x And then Mavis started talking about how this generation of mages have grown up as if it's something new. Well, Mavis wasn't around them long enough so it's normal for her to think it's something new, but still.

Everyone wants Yukino, well, nothing new, but it's something they would all do anyway. I wish they showed the fight though. Would be funny.
Sep 16, 2014 4:31 PM

Jun 2012
I love Juvia.
Sep 16, 2014 5:14 PM

Oct 2012
SandyBoi said:
Lily, Happy and Carla pulled out from Erza's cleavage. How? One of the mysterious of the universe.

yeah, not even erza's cleavage is that large, lol.
Sep 17, 2014 11:54 AM

Mar 2014
miskos3 said:

This cracked me up as it did in its manga version. Hilarious

this ^ xDD
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

121 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.