Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 14, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2012
So, a little bit background information of the findings of the....Esper power giving fish. O-O
And, it turns out to be a bloody and murderous ending for....most of the researchers....except one man, and that man is none other than Hokusai Azuma.
Boy oh boy, who knew he would survive that tragic event...and now he's causing and even BIGGER tragic event......all for what?
Revenge? Seriously?! DX
Revenge for his wife and his friends being murdered....huh......
Sep 14, 2014 4:10 PM

Mar 2009
The backstory of the professor is sad, it may have started out as a plan for vengeance, but now he just wants to do away with the world. All I think of when I see him is this:

I think Rinka getting caught will be good for her, now she can focus on what really matters & regain her powers (getting a few new ones wouldn't be bad either).

What's his face(kotarou?) really ticks me off, I hope he becomes useful or dies. >_>

Lulu ❤ | My MALoween Candy
Sep 14, 2014 7:43 PM

Aug 2013
Wow that was a fantastic episode. Pretty dark and grim though. Spared no expense with slaughtering people.

Really good to see the Professor's back story and why he's doing everything. Now that we had that flashback I totally understand. I don't necessarily agree with what he's doing, but I do understand why he's doing it.

I think that's the reason Minami is also around. Because she shares the same feelings as the professor, (which everyone understands now) while also having just enough kindness to keep saving Azuma. Though she leans more toward the anti-hero side, she pretty much represents how I'm sure a lot of people feel right now.
Sep 15, 2014 1:02 AM

Jul 2013
While I can sympathize with the professor's motive, him killing innocent people made him no different than the people he despised.

And also I can't stress just how useless the main characters are. When you think about it Minami can teleport from Tokyo to that island in one go and while I may accept Kyoutaro's power is weaker, the difference is just way too big. Like comparing an elephant's strength with an ant.
Sep 15, 2014 10:18 AM

Dec 2011
C'mon Kyoutarou, don't give up yet, you have to get to Rinka and help her out, you can't just drown and die.

LOL, even that homeless guy is telling Rinka to leave because she'll get him caught in her problems... evil homeless guy is evil...

Aw, so Minami saved Kyoutarou from drowning and is now proceeding to remove her clothes since they're wet... seems legit.

Damn, Rinka got branded like a criminal and it seems panda-guy is also here but in a wheelchair.

Poor Peggy T.T

Hmmmm, so that's how they got their powers and how his wife and Kyoutarou's parent died, being betrayed by that general and the Japanese diplomat sent there... it was truly sad seeing how nobody believe and that someone in the government was controlling everything.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Sep 17, 2014 6:26 AM

Aug 2012
We now know what he's reason to fight the government was and i have to say i'm quite sold. This is the path i would've chosen if i were in his shoes . Excited for next ep now .
Sep 17, 2014 10:49 AM

Dec 2013
Predictable, yet one of the best episodes of this series. I loved the professor's back story. Nothing makes revenge against evil people like avenging for love, eh?

One thing I didn't get though. So Kyoutaro's parents brought him to the war torn country, whilst the Professor and his wife left Minami in Japan??? Seriously, what kind of parenting is that? I mean on BOTH counts, it's still seems so wrong.

Now I kinda want the professor to win against the evil that is Japan here.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 17, 2014 1:17 PM

Jan 2014
As if I haven't had enough of them feels ...
Sep 18, 2014 8:36 AM

Jun 2008
Moridin17 said:
Nothing quite says "I want to avenge my sweet, loving wife who was killed by murderous amoral assholes" like murdering a school full of innocent children.

Pretty much my feelings.
I hate those murderous government rich asses that control things so i will just kill a bunch of innocent people like my wife that got killed so i can take my revenge despite those guys not giving a shit about innocent people and only their personal gain and power.
Lack of logic much?
Sep 19, 2014 4:24 AM

Feb 2010
I can understand why the professor dude is angry but I hate when people involve lots of innocent people in the process. That makes them just as bad. (I won't even start on the whole moral ambiguity of revenge lol).

I especially feel bad for Rinka and Kyotorou. And Peggy.
Sep 19, 2014 1:03 PM

Jun 2013
Honestly, Professor is right to seek revenge. But involving so many innocent people is going a bit too far.
Sep 19, 2014 5:26 PM
Mar 2013
I really, really like the OST but... the manga's just better in general haha. It was somewhat of a decent episode but it could have been thousands better. I'm not feeling the hype for the finale.
Sep 19, 2014 6:19 PM

May 2013
Oh no, Rinka's captured with Master Panda while Minami strips in front of Azuma!

Hmm, espers are being put into medical sleep. Just imagine when they all wake up and an outbreak occurs.

Dat fucking General and diplomat.
At least we understand why the Professor is doing this all.
He must avenge his healer wife and friends by killing everybody else!
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Sep 22, 2014 8:01 AM

Oct 2009
Well Minami stripping was nice ;3
Decent episode for once, nothing special but it was fine.
Nov 5, 2014 5:21 PM

May 2012
Pretty interesting backstory, let's see what's next though!
Nov 9, 2014 11:12 AM

Jun 2013
After seeing the past of the professor, I understood him. But, he's doing the same thing to other innocent people, so, go Rinka-san!
Feb 20, 2015 6:10 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
That fat idiot drops the stone tablets xD

His wife giving the last of her energy to make him survive. He wants revenge and killing innocent people is right for him?

Well Rinka reunited with Roshi at least. She isn't as alone anymore but damn, she's being treated like a criminal.

Mar 15, 2015 7:48 AM

Nov 2011
Episode I find that sad, but also very irritating, self-pitying Rinka that leaves me with a bad taste in your mouth, see the ingenuity of the father of Minami in flashbacks, even more.
See then the choices taken a little by all, puzzle me then.
Beyond these considerations, I find it quite interesting narration.
Plot that seems not to have said anything yet about the mysteries behind the ark of the covenant and the true intentions of the Japanese Government, interesting.
Unfortunately there are only two episodes, a little bit to develop the story in a satisfactory manner.
Drawings and animations not bad quality, catchy soundtrack.
In this episode were not long miss anything this time either, fanservice wherever is appropriate to say.
Apr 20, 2015 1:02 PM
May 2013
jose21 said:
No wonder the professor is so mad. So he is an antihero, I just feel bad he is using his daughter and killing so many innocent people. Anyway, despite all the innocent people he is killing, I kind of want him to get his revenge.

I'm rooting for him .
Apr 25, 2015 12:09 AM

Jan 2012
Well things got worse for Rinka and we learn of the professor's dark past. It's placement so close to the end of the series felt odd. I kinda feel sympathetic towards him...kinda...but not Minami.
May 21, 2015 1:05 AM

Dec 2008
LIke a mix of Darkman meets harvey two face back story. BUT I STILL CANT FIND UNCENSORED EPISODES>..wtf....its barely gorey.....fml...
May 26, 2015 3:32 AM

Feb 2015
New mutants, Magma and Elixir.

I guess I understand why Prof X is doing what he's doing. Should've been shown earlier.
Jun 20, 2015 8:41 PM

Sep 2014
one of the better episodes of the series
Dec 22, 2015 1:23 PM

Jan 2013
It's good to see the reasoning of the Professor, why he's going to such lengths etc.
Jun 7, 2016 1:59 PM

Apr 2012
The douchbags already control the world. The terrorists are just more honest about dominating the world, whereas the politicians hide behind the rigged game called democracy.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Mar 14, 2017 3:42 PM

Sep 2013
Nice episode. I was glad to see some background on the professor dude. I can understand why he's doing what he is doing...he's basically insane. Still, Azuma was right when he said killing people won't bring anyone back from the dead.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 11, 2020 7:30 AM

Nov 2013
Wow, professor's wife was stupid as shit. Why didn't she heal herself first?
Nov 29, 2021 2:52 PM

May 2008
I usually don't like all exposition episodes, but this one finally cleared the air instead of padding screen time like usual. It's setting up for the big finale in a great way
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Revenant_ - Jul 18, 2014

183 by doliwaq »»
Nov 1, 2023 3:30 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2014

83 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 27, 2023 2:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 11, 2014

328 by Kristiwazhere »»
Aug 25, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2014

66 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 29, 2021 3:27 PM

Poll: » Tokyo ESP Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

-Karoshi- - Aug 1, 2014

107 by PKAmmoTroop »»
Nov 24, 2021 6:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.