Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Aug 11, 2017 7:51 PM

Jun 2013
I liked 9 and Risa's scene on the Ferris wheel, and the old guy's confession. Well done. Viewed in vacuum, I'd even say this episode was good all around. I don't like that there were no consequences for 12's actions, though the following episodes may deliver on that yet.

I also don't see what the overall statement of this show could be. "Don't experiment on children"? Or "science is bad"?

Why did 12 not put Five on speaker and continue dismantling the bomb? Even if it would have been impossible to finish it before it went off, it felt a bit odd that he just dropped what he was doing as soon as the phone rang. It would have been cool if he had kept working with gritted teeth and if he had only stopped working when Five said something that really got under his skin. I guess he is the more hot blooded of the duo, so maybe this way was more natural for him to act, but still, it could have been cool.
LeeTailorAug 11, 2017 7:58 PM
Nov 9, 2017 8:18 AM
Jun 2017
This was the masterpiece episode of the show so far. It was brilliantly directed, the music, editing, camera angles, tension and emotion, just perfection.

I do have a question though... why wouldn't Twelve just lie about the location of the bomb? They believe him and stopped the detonation timer. Buy yourself some time and just make something up! By the time they realize you duped them, you might be able to disarm the bombs.
Nov 17, 2017 6:40 PM

Dec 2015
Fucking retards both of them...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 13, 2018 1:14 AM

Jan 2018
So, Twelve abandoned and sold out his friend whom he had been with for the past years for a girl he knows little about and they met like few weeks ago.
Mar 3, 2018 9:28 AM

Sep 2017
Damn, my favorite episode so far. Everything about it was brilliantly haunting.
May 23, 2018 12:11 AM

Mar 2018
Jan 10, 2019 8:30 PM

May 2013
Aw, Twelve :'(

Is kays, Nine, this ain't no betrayal. Twelve knows you gots dis even with a whole hoard of popo in the building after ya >< Youse amazin', my guy.

Five is wrong D: Nine won't be mad at Twelve. He knows it's her fault anyways for being so conniving >->
Mar 29, 2019 10:26 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
omg did he really betray nine for her??
I really hope not because otherwise this drops to an 5
and whats with mrs whitehair ... cmooooooon

Apr 26, 2019 3:33 PM

Nov 2017
And so Twelve chose Lisa over Nine, I'm really curious what's going to happen next. This show is really good so far

May 16, 2019 4:40 AM

Jun 2009
Man, this anime is awesome in a lot of ways but its biggest downfall is that its only 11 episodes. It really needed a few more to flesh out the relationships, especially the one between twelve and Lisa, and backstories, particularly those that surround the Athena program.
Jan 15, 2020 6:27 AM
Oct 2017
It went from a totally unearned attempt at sentiment between Twelve and Lisa in the Ferris wheel to Twelve betraying his only ally for a girl he hardly knows.

This has left me feeling super annoyed with Twelve and Lisa who only seem to like one another because nobody else has ever been averagely nice to them before.

And all I can say is well done, it is nice to care about the characters in an anime. Even if you hate them and find them immature.

Plus I hate the police already, so I am starting to feel really invested.
Mar 26, 2020 7:51 PM

Feb 2014
That defusing scene was soo good, Twelve is awesome! Love the song too
Jun 5, 2020 7:13 AM

May 2018
aww. Lisa almost died
Sep 12, 2020 2:08 PM
Mar 2020
that ferris wheel scene almost made me cry (wich is the equivalent emotional state to baling in tears for normal people) god why does the tragic ending have to be so clear ;.;
Dec 28, 2020 8:46 PM

Jan 2019
that was a really cool metal gear solid chapter
Dec 31, 2020 7:15 PM
Apr 2020
definitely one of the most intense episodes of any anime that I've seen
Jan 3, 2021 4:13 PM

Feb 2019
Nice one 12, you inbred platypus
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Mar 6, 2021 12:16 AM

Mar 2018
While I enjoyed the first half and the music of the ferris wheel scene quite a lot, the sour taste of risking the main mission for this girl still sits with me and left me leaving unmoved by any emotion that scene was supposed to provide. (and kinda surprised at the amount of people able to brush it off)
Celest__Mar 6, 2021 12:20 AM
Apr 7, 2021 10:56 PM
Dec 2020
omg

Everything besides Shibazaki's investigation is a joke

Episode 8:
Any scene with Lisa --> eyeroll

Episode 9:
Any scene without Shibazaki --> total cringe

The whole ferris wheel thing was just ugh
The melodramatic convo with only 2min left to deactivate the bombs
Lisa telling to "Just Go!" when they re on the top of the ride
Like wtf?
The only way out is down
You re telling him to just commit suicide a few minutes earlier?

Absolutely meaningless

If the bomb had exploded anyway I might have given it a 2/10
Jun 11, 2021 2:27 PM
Jul 2013

Just when I thought this show is gonna redeem itself.
Don't quite understand 12 betraying 9 if he knows he's dying anyway. Does he really think any of them will make it out alive somehow?
Lisa is an accomplice and knows too much, she will be silenced along with Shibazaki. The only hope is the info goes public before it happens, but even then there is no guarantee.
matheoo41Jun 11, 2021 2:34 PM
Sep 4, 2021 12:35 AM

Jul 2019
Aoki-sama is very talkative, I mean, this whole fucked up project laid with a dead weight at his heart. Nine and Twelve saved themselves by their own methods but Five went to the other side of the barricades.

It was a very beautiful scene on the ferris wheel with all that night sky, fluorescent lights, teenage passion and pheromones up until Five decided to take advantage of Twelve's mental tortures. Honestly, I believe that Nine would forgive Twelve for his deviation from the plan, but in the heat of the moment Twelve spoke his word.

Holy shit, Nine seemed to escape and his head is still not on Five's golden plate. Awesome, take that, nutty bitch.
Sep 21, 2021 3:19 PM

Mar 2021
just now i hate white haired girl

hope shibazaki gonna do something rly big
Oct 17, 2021 6:48 AM
May 2020
yeah to be honest i'm not a fan of the romance between 12 and lisa. i really wish the reason why lisa and 12 are so fond of each other was better explained or elaborated on more. it's obviously a huge mistake on both of their parts: 12 is a terrorist and being involved with him is super dangerous. lisa should have realized that she will probably always be just a pawn to them. lisa is (rightfully) useless and a massive burden. 12 should have realised that she is a ticking time bomb and will probably cause trouble for them.

that's not saying that i wish it didn't happen. i actually kind of enjoyed the romance a little, as illogical as it was. plus i think it could have worked. i just wish it was better explained. why are they willing to make such massive mistakes, in spite of all the dangers? some dramatic monologues and flashbacks, maybe more elaboration of their characters and backstories to tie it all together, and it could have been a really interesting dilemna between mind and heart. all the romance scenes would have a lot more poignancy and drama to them.

ah, but i still liked the ferris wheel scene and the ride scene, among others, albeit, probably less than most viewers :)
Oct 17, 2021 7:06 AM
May 2020
Tyestor said:
Man, this anime is awesome in a lot of ways but its biggest downfall is that its only 11 episodes. It really needed a few more to flesh out the relationships, especially the one between twelve and Lisa, and backstories, particularly those that surround the Athena program.

oh my god i know right! if you wanna put a highly unlikely, highly illogical relationship (12 and lisa) in a story and have characters make huge, dramatic decisions (joining Sphinx, betraying 9) because of it, i would want an explanation. and a damn good one at that.

seriously though it really might have worked if they explained their feelings more, really, properly showed us why they are so attracted to each other and why they mean so much to each other (despite only knowing each other for what weeks? a month?). then, this relationship could really shine with a heart-wrenching dilemna between heart and mind. every single scene with 12 and lisa would become so much more powerful, so much more painful. especially at the ferris wheel, where their relationship blows up in their faces.

even still, i liked the ferris wheel sceene. i think it actually made me enjoy the relationship, just a little. even when i think it really needed more explanation.
Feb 3, 2022 8:51 AM
Nov 2020
This was the most beautiful bomb defusing scene I’ve ever watched. This should have been tense but I was just at ease. There was no hope from the start. They might die. But if so, this is a good way to go.
Jul 10, 2022 2:16 PM
Dec 2021
I really thought 12 and Lisa are going to die together.. and was honestly kinda disappointed that they didn't. He shouldn't have betrayed him...
Jul 31, 2022 8:36 AM

May 2020
Well, we all knew this forced romance was coming eventually. There is zero chemistry between 12 and Lisa.
Jan 10, 2023 1:52 PM
Nov 2021
Que tensão nessa parte da roda gigante. Episódio incrível como sempre.
Apr 4, 2023 1:27 PM
Feb 2020
May 17, 2023 12:08 AM

Nov 2017
What a BOMB of an episode..

Too soon, huh?
May 29, 2023 2:18 PM

Dec 2022
Great episodeeee
Jun 26, 2023 10:23 PM

Dec 2022
Twelve sure falls in love quickly. Lisa is a female civilian with a typical introverted personality that he's interacted with like three times, and now he's infatuated? On the other hand, I appreciate it giving me the ferris wheel scene, with its excellent music and stunning visual fidelity.

Five might have a bit too much authority in the FBI; given how often she loses her temper, collapses, or displays otherwise maverick motives. She has her own agenda in an agency that already has its own agenda. Next episode, her split personality should be introduced with yet another agenda, so we can have agendaception.

Shaded Horizon

Apr 5, 12:46 PM
Jan 2021
five is a bitch, hope she dies :)
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2014

448 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Naruleach - Jul 5, 2014

422 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 14, 2:24 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

379 by zerodths »»
Apr 5, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

864 by sadsaggyballs »»
Mar 26, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Zankyou no Terror Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Djidji - Jul 5, 2014

543 by storbonne »»
Mar 21, 9:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.