Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 12, 2014 2:15 PM

Nov 2010
Beautiful scenery, a hentai scenario at school around night time
Hina had some nice moments covering for her sister
A romantic hiking trip of Hiro and Sacchi with Yuki accompany Yannagi at the dance club

I would get the last mentioned couple, but the other two feels odd
Sacchi's intention is still not clear and Touko getting togheter with Kakeru, because they both have supernatural abilities
That's what I assume so far

bastek66 said:

Awesome seaslug cameo from NnA
Sep 12, 2014 2:23 PM

Jul 2008
I am totally and completely lost. I hope Seiyius's post will shed some light on this anime for me. Been watching since episode 1 and I don't know WTH is going on. I must be retarded.
Sep 12, 2014 2:52 PM

Sep 2013
Sachi goes on walk with Hiro, disappears in shock.....and then gets carried back! I dont know if she was tired, or worried about something, I dont know...

Yuki and Yannagi go for a run and to the dance practice...thats it...

and, a little more of a bond between David and Touko!

I wonder if the reason David had Touko listen to his mothers piano lessons were to see more of the future or hear more of the fragments I believe...or he just wanted her to listen to the classy music who knows...

Pretty average episode, nothing much happened, but I believe its probably the best one made so far for me.

Sep 12, 2014 9:20 PM

May 2013
Fell in love now. Seems that Touko doesn't want Kakeru to leave. Things got a little awkward when Touko's family went for a visit.
The story is a little hard to follow. But the scenes are understandable.
Sep 12, 2014 10:37 PM

Jul 2012
So the couple pairing as of now is looking fantastic.

Great episode!!!
Sep 12, 2014 10:44 PM

Jul 2011
Great episode. If anyone knows the name of the piano piece right before the ending song I would love to know what it's called :)
Sep 12, 2014 11:26 PM

Feb 2013
It's interesting because a lot happened, but it really feels like not a whole lot has changed. I guess every end is a beginning, and every beginning is an end.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Sep 12, 2014 11:57 PM

Jun 2013
Best part of the episode: Nagi sea slug

... Hmmm, maybe I should watch that again.
Sep 13, 2014 12:28 AM

Dec 2010
Very pretty episode as always. The couples are all getting closer together, and Yanagi is pretty cute in some of her shots.

But, nothing much really happens in each episode...
Sep 13, 2014 1:01 AM

May 2013
I don't know what to feel about this episode.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Sep 13, 2014 2:08 AM

Jul 2008
I one of the few who really liked the episode :D I don't think a second season will be available so it's just a matter of how they plan to wrap this up :)
Sep 13, 2014 2:17 AM

Dec 2012
Sweanime said:
Am i the only ont that think the animation and art is not as god like in nagi or "isshukan" (name?)

What's the point in comparing Isshuukan with Glasslip or NagiAsu? Just because they are all romance genre? Isshuukan is made by a different studio,and btw,just because NagiAsu and Glasslip comes from the same studio,it's retarded to expect the same thing. fgs.
Sep 13, 2014 4:07 AM

Nov 2012
11 episodes later... And i still dont understand what is happening >.<
Sep 13, 2014 4:31 AM

Dec 2010
Great episode, I'm into this anime again at last. I realy loved the relationship developments. Just wondering how things will resolve in the end.
Sep 13, 2014 12:53 PM

Aug 2013
IcynatoKytozaki said:
Sachi goes on walk with Hiro, disappears in shock.....and then gets carried back! I dont know if she was tired, or worried about something, I dont know...

Sachi: "It feels strange not being able to see someone who's close, doesn't it?"
Hiro: "Can you see me from where you're at, Sacchan?"
Sachi: "No, not yet."

I thought this interaction was pretty powerful, actually.
Sep 13, 2014 4:10 PM

Oct 2013
winter is coming O_O
this anime 2 episode left meh
#teamjonathan
[/quote]
Sep 13, 2014 4:28 PM

Mar 2009
NEKUBASU said:
Another episode where nothing really happens, this show is oddly satisfying and I don't know why lol, one of my favourites this season

EXACTLY MY FEELINGS <3
ミ☆ 消える。

Sep 13, 2014 10:07 PM

Aug 2013
Hanabih said:
NEKUBASU said:
Another episode where nothing really happens, this show is oddly satisfying and I don't know why lol, one of my favourites this season

EXACTLY MY FEELINGS <3

You masochists.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Sep 13, 2014 10:10 PM

Apr 2014
My mom watches Chinese dramas.
Usually, she starts by watching the first one or two episodes.
Then, she skips right to the very end and watches the last episode.
Part of it is to conserve time [ after all, Chinese dramas can drag on for a very long time ], but she's said that honestly, there isn't much she's missing by not watching the bulk of the series. From the ending, she can pretty much piece together everything that happened.

I feel like the same thing, sadly, applies to Glasslip. It's a pity; I really wanted to like this anime and I had high expectations based off of what I had seen from P.A. Works before. They didn't fail to meet expectations on the artwork, but the plot is something that I'm still struggling to find. From the first episode, I could have watched this episode and had a coherent idea of what was going on. After all, didn't we see this coming? What makes an anime more interesting than others is that way of making the viewers second-guess themselves, to get absorbed into the characters and then find that not everything plays out as they expected. That's something that P.A. Works achieved with Nagi no Asukara, but for some reason, they fell short here, using hackneyed storylines and characters so predictable that watching them interact incredibly boring.

I have no idea what really happened this episode. We know Hiro and Sachi like each other, we know that Yukinari is probably going to realize his feelings for Yanagi, and it's been established probably since the first episode that Touko and Kakeru were going to end up together. In fact, this was just like something making what we knew more obvious. I'm not really sure what the point of this episode was, to be honest.

Additionally, I feel like Touko and Kakeru's relationship is somewhat forced. I've never seen them show much affection towards each other, and they don't even have a bond that I would attribute to friendship; it's more like Touko being astonished at the very few things that Kakeru says, and somehow that progressed to them in a romantic relationship.

I think my discussions- more like complaint sessions- about this anime with my friend at school really define what I think of this anime.

[ a ] [ i ] wo atsumete
たくさん の あい お あつめたら
tumblr
ことば で きみ に とどけよう
deviantart
みえない きもち お かたち に したら
last.fm
こころ の なか まで とどく から

Sep 13, 2014 10:22 PM

Dec 2011
Seems Kakeru still hasn't made his mind. >.<

I thought we would see something like the meeting of parents is like an engagement for Touko and Kakeru, but we just got a normal visit like neighbors.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 14, 2014 12:41 AM

Aug 2014
kawaii-despair said:
Sweanime said:
Am i the only ont that think the animation and art is not as god like in nagi or "isshukan" (name?)

What's the point in comparing Isshuukan with Glasslip or NagiAsu? Just because they are all romance genre? Isshuukan is made by a different studio,and btw,just because NagiAsu and Glasslip comes from the same studio,it's retarded to expect the same thing. fgs.

Mixed up isshukan with Hanasaku Iroha :P
Sep 14, 2014 9:51 AM

Jul 2012
I don't know what is happening at all.
Sep 14, 2014 11:33 AM

Dec 2013
So Kakeru and Touko's families meet up. They all listen to that piece and the two of them get a glimpse of the future again. Was the fireworks a specter of the past, or a vision of the future? And whats with the sudden snow anyway?

The only thing I understood out of the episode is that Yuki and Yannagi, my preferred pairing, are the strongest bond of the lot. The talk with Touko is probably to clear the air, though I'm guessing that Yuki still has a dislike of Kakeru, what with his antisocial, unfriendly attitude. If Yannagi is leaving for university in the next year, then I wonder where that leaves them though. Maybe Yuki will find a Track and Field school where her Uni is too.

Sachii still has issues with Hiro, though they're slowly trying to work it out. That confession in the bushes was a bit on the downer side of things, kind of like a "I can't see you in my future yet, please give me some more time" kind of vibe.

As for the "Main" couple, I still don't get what the heck they're doing, but with two episodes left, you can bet your asses that there's gonna be at least a bit more of drama before the last episode. Perhaps he'll leave for a year and come back after promising to return in time for the fireworks or something.

I'm actually really disappointed in how things went. Was expecting a bit more angst and maybe some paranormal drama, but all we've had thus far is borderline chitchat that does nothing to advance the story much. Best we had was Sachii going psudo-yandere for a couple of episodes, but nothing much else..

Ah well... two more episodes and the entire ordeal will end.
Can't wait.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 14, 2014 11:50 AM

Jan 2011
kawaii-despair said:
Sweanime said:

Fucking thank you!!! Jesus..all these Nagi reference comments. Same studio animating, that's as far as the reference goes. Nagi was good...we know. That is that and this is this.

This is a hollow show. Yes it is very disappointing.
Sep 14, 2014 7:41 PM

Dec 2010
WHAT FUCKING MONTH IS IT? The characters are dressed for summer but then it snows? For real? Is that real snow or is the whole town seeing Touko's hallucination now? Is it magic snow? What happened to physics?
Sep 14, 2014 8:00 PM

Oct 2013
Yay, every episode confuses me more and more yet I won't drop it. I don't understand. I guess I'm waiting to see what is happening with these fragments and why Touko and Kakeru have some connection
Sep 15, 2014 5:14 AM

Jul 2013
Kitoge said:
Yay, every episode confuses me more and more yet I won't drop it. I don't understand. I guess I'm waiting to see what is happening with these fragments and why Touko and Kakeru have some connection

Yeah, the reason why I'm still watching this is probably because I want to know where on earth this is going...

Jonathan ftw btw :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Sep 15, 2014 5:54 AM

Nov 2012
Kitoge said:

Exactly how I feel. The relationship developments however were strong in this episode!
Sep 15, 2014 3:59 PM

Jan 2011
Still as weird as always.

And Hina is rather creative, unless they've done that several times already. "make sure they aren't too worried" -> faking Touko is at home.

Wonder if their mom got actually fooled, or just decided not to pursue. She often looks like she knows exactly what's going on, whereas their dad is totally out of the loop.
Sep 16, 2014 7:31 PM
Mar 2013
Looking for meaning and finding nothing of real significance.
Sep 16, 2014 8:08 PM

Mar 2014
Does anyone know the name of the song that kakeru's mom plays before the end?
Sep 17, 2014 7:27 AM

Feb 2010
I should've dropped this.

Great visuals and good BGM doesn't make up for this terrible characters and boring plot.

The imouto is the best character out there... which is pretty sad.

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Sep 17, 2014 12:29 PM

Jul 2012
swaggahsaurus said:
Additionally, I feel like Touko and Kakeru's relationship is somewhat forced. I've never seen them show much affection towards each other, and they don't even have a bond that I would attribute to friendship; it's more like Touko being astonished at the very few things that Kakeru says, and somehow that progressed to them in a romantic relationship.

I agree. I find that most of their screentime together is just random pretentious dialogue pulled out of their asses. Even their expressions on their faces aren't worth much. A studio like KyoAni does facial expressions especially well (like in Free!) but in Glasslip, our main couple's characters are like
._.
and sometimes
:O EH?!
Sep 17, 2014 1:57 PM

Jul 2009
Sweanime said:
Glasslip is like great fucking art!....You look at it and you look att it...and you don´t even understand what and why you are looking at it. :D
Sep 19, 2014 8:09 PM

Aug 2013
Potentially the most coherent episode to date and I did actually slightly enjoy this episode, although it can't save this series. Still left with so many questions with only two episodes left to answer them...
Sep 24, 2014 6:55 AM
Mar 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that got a bit awkward after the kiss..but David and Touko grows even more closer together.

Pretty typical episode overall. There's still some connection development including some from Sachi at the local countryside.

Touko's sister is so nice forcing here self to eat Touko's part so she can stay with Kakeru
Sep 26, 2014 5:51 AM

Dec 2008
It's about time Sacchi apologized to Hiro.

Sent with Mal Updater
Oct 8, 2014 1:40 PM
Jul 2013
Well... a lot of what happened was unexpected to me :/
Oct 8, 2014 7:31 PM

Jan 2012
best part
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 9, 2014 9:28 AM

May 2010
Finally something decent happened, gotta thank Hina for that.
Oct 9, 2014 2:33 PM

May 2012
Pretty average episode, I do wonder what the two last episodes will offer us!
Oct 11, 2014 6:14 PM

Feb 2013
Wow, what a nice episode. I feel like all of the various "pairs" got closer.
Oct 27, 2014 11:57 AM

Oct 2009
I can't believe I'm still watching this.
Apr 15, 2015 8:31 AM
Feb 2015
Touko and Kakeru are probably the worst lead pair EVER. Their relationship (can you even call it one?) makes absolutely no sense;It hasn't moved forward beyond discussing these mysterious "fragments" that still haven't been given a proper explanation; And unfortunately, there isn't much in this episode that changes that.
And seriously WTF is with that perennial snowfall?
The better parts of the episode, though were the focus thrown on the other relationships that at least seem to be GOING somewhere. I enjoyed how the episode bounced around to each couple to reveal their different situations and where they are giving the episode at least something to fall back upon.

6/10
Jun 9, 2015 8:04 AM

Apr 2011
Kakeru is such a retard. He has a beautiful yet annoying girl who likes him and have a nice chemistry to each other but he chose to follow his mom on a world tour.
Aug 19, 2015 4:59 AM

Oct 2013
What happened in Glasslip this episode? Me: ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Oct 16, 2016 9:35 AM

Jul 2014
>the sudden, expected loneliness

OW, the EDGE
Jun 16, 2019 3:08 PM
Jul 2018
Pretty nice episode kinda? Two episodes remaining. How will it conclude?

Jan 17, 2020 5:20 PM

Feb 2018
Beautifull piano play xD.
Jan 21, 2021 11:21 PM

Dec 2012
THE BEST EPISODE SO FAR

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.