Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 9, 2014 1:02 PM

Apr 2009
Man, this anime never ceases to amaze me. It's absolutely amazing.

Sep 9, 2014 1:03 PM
Jan 2013
Next episode Gon and Killua will
TyrelSep 9, 2014 1:31 PM
Sep 9, 2014 1:05 PM

Aug 2011
Pariston was amazing. He is more twisted than I thought and I love it.
I enjoy Illumi but he might be a little bit insane, but hey, who cares?

The scene with Killua and Alluka/Nanika was really beautiful.
And ging is a cutie.

I liked the episode, what can I say?
Sep 9, 2014 1:10 PM

May 2013
Whats with all that talk about
spoiler tag that.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Sep 9, 2014 1:11 PM

Jan 2010
Feels X Feels
Sep 9, 2014 1:12 PM

Oct 2008
Pariston is such a troll. Nice reunion between Gon and Ging, was as awkward as I expected it to be lol.
Sep 9, 2014 1:16 PM

Oct 2013
Awesome episode. I liked how Gon himself realized he needs to apologize to Killua. Ging meeting Gon felt pretty realistic and hilarious. Killua and Nanika scenes were so unexpectedly touching...
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Sep 9, 2014 1:28 PM

Dec 2011
Ughh Alluka/Something is soo cute. Killua best brother eva

Sep 9, 2014 1:32 PM
Apr 2013
"It's my fault... That Kite turned into a little girl!" That was just hilariously anticlimactic. Gotta love how Ging had no idea what to say to that.

It's the Killua-Alluka/Nanika scene that really stands out though. Leave it to HunterxHunter to bring out the feels two episodes in a row.

As for Pariston, he immediately resigns which is perfectly in line with his character, which no doubt pisses Cheadle off. Some are gonna see Pariston as not that bad of a guy as they thought, but I'm not buying it. While his admiration for Netero may be true, everything he does is all for the purpose of messing with people, which I'm certain Pariston loves very much.

On one more note, in the manga, I thought Silva was the one who rescinded the restrictions, but it was actually Kikyo. Hmmm...
Sep 9, 2014 1:32 PM

Sep 2010
So much feels T_T

Nanika, you are just so sweet! Killua, you are a real man out there! All the support to you guys!

Only 2 episodes left? :/ WHY?! T_T
Sep 9, 2014 1:34 PM

Dec 2007
MH is truly the best thing to happen to HxH! Every episode manages to maintain top quality like no other series.

The reunion wasn't what I initially expected, and that's why I liked it so much. Ging isn't the man who'd make a touching scene meeting his son, and Gon isn't the child to break into tears when seeing his dad at last. he is ,though, one to cry of guilt. that's the major part of HxH charm; its realistically sweeping story-telling.

Seeing Pariston sad (tears?) over Netero's death was really moving. Actually the first time he's shown a honest emotion. Though that's probably all we'll get.

Lastly, The Zoldyck conflict conclusion was heartwarming and tear-jerking at the same time. Illumi is the definition of "control-freak", that's for sure, and it was satisfying watching Killua sending him away. Better yet, seeing Killua realizing his mistakes and making it up to both Alluka and Nanika.

The end is nigh... ;(
LamboSep 9, 2014 1:38 PM
Reality...
is what we make it to be.

Sep 9, 2014 1:34 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
T__T I don't want this anime to end. This damn was many times sadder compared to ants arc ending.. for me at least..
Sep 9, 2014 1:41 PM

Feb 2011
Feels x Feels :'(
Sep 9, 2014 1:42 PM

Mar 2012
Everyone yelling at Ging was the best part of the episode XD
That scene was good enough to make the week for me =D
I can't believe this epicness is going to end in two weeks, what a shame :/
OMG I JUST CAN'T HOLD MY LAUGH WHEN EVERYONE IS ARGUING WITH GING AHAHAHAHAHAH
This episode is full of epic comedy, now Pariston wins and instantly resigns his position ahahahahah omg this is just too good XD
Poor Nanika :(

Amazing episode as always.
Sep 9, 2014 1:42 PM

May 2013
That was emotional <3

I felt so sorry for Something when Killua scolded her and her eyes got all jumbled up and stuff :(
Sep 9, 2014 1:43 PM

Mar 2014
Ging being like Gon calm down XD

The angry crowd perfectly voiced my opinion for Ging being a shitty father.

Damn there are only two episodes...this along with the fact that the manga is on hiatus again makes me feel like there won't be a new series in less than 5 years T_T
Sep 9, 2014 1:44 PM

Mar 2009
Once again, Togashi subverted my expectations with both the Gon and Ging reunion scene, and the scene with Something. Though I should have expected to feel bad for Something, considering it was said people use Something for their own desires; it isn't inherently evil. I was not expecting all the feels in the second half. Killua really is the heart of this show.

And the father-son meeting surpassed all my expectations, and more. Man, this show...
Sep 9, 2014 1:54 PM
Mar 2014
The feels !

Dont want it to end :(
Sep 9, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2013
The feels are real folks ;__________;
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Sep 9, 2014 1:59 PM

Dec 2008
Man, that scene between Alluka/Something and Killua was a tear jerker.

Sent with Mal Updater
Sep 9, 2014 2:05 PM

Mar 2014
Mormegil said:
Once again, Togashi subverted my expectations with both the Gon and Ging reunion scene, and the scene with Something. Though I should have expected to feel bad for Something, considering it was said people use Something for their own desires; it isn't inherently evil. I was not expecting all the feels in the second half. Killua really is the heart of this show.

And the father-son meeting surpassed all my expectations, and more. Man, this show...

Yes, he really is. I didn't expect to feel so bad for Nanika too, but the scene with Killua was so sad and sweet in the end.
On the other hand, I though the Ging and Gon reunion would be moving or explanatory, yet that wasn't the case at all. I was satisfied with it anyways.
Sep 9, 2014 2:09 PM
Sep 2007
Garbage.

Gon and Ging meeting was shitty.

Alluka, on the other hand was just an asspull for more Killua screentime.
Sep 9, 2014 2:21 PM

Jan 2011
this was a relly good episode.
But I would like more Ging jokes
Gintama: "The blade is not to cut down your enemies
Nor is it to cut away your own weakness
A sword isnt meant to protect your body
A sword is meant for protecting your soul"
Sep 9, 2014 2:26 PM

Jan 2014
Damn those feels man ; _ ;

Ging really does remind of Yusuke now and I kinda expected a little more with that meeting but still nice. Paristion has been awesome these past episodes. Sucks we won't be able to see more of him though.

What made these episode was the conversation with Killua and Alluka/Something. Made me love Killua's character more~

Sep 9, 2014 2:27 PM

Nov 2013
Such a great episode. Never would have thought I would find Nanika cute, I'm glad Killua accepted that side of Alluka.
Sep 9, 2014 2:36 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode. Very emotional, and resolving
Sep 9, 2014 2:37 PM

Nov 2012
"It's my fault Kite........turned into a little girl."

Love all the hate Ging gets,Leorio should've punched him again XD.

Pariston's major troll lol.

Something's "Killua daisuki" and squinting eyes ;___;

Alluka standing up for Something too ;__;

Gon and Killua

2 episodes left ;___;
VanishingKiraSep 9, 2014 2:41 PM
Sep 9, 2014 2:38 PM

Jul 2011
THE TEARS ;_; Alluka/Nanika is just too cute and innocent
Sep 9, 2014 2:39 PM

Mar 2012
If only Meruem's ant side was as cute as Nanika T.T

This episode, forgot much of the content, and even missed some, it was perfect. Reminded me of why HxH is the best.

The scene between Nanika and Killua was so sad, and killua doing things in defiance of Illumi, regardless of what others feel, wasn't much of a change, it still shows fear of him, he still had the needle inside all along.

I love the duality of taking it both literally and metaphorically. Amazing character development, continuing from the very beginning.
We watched Killua and thought he was the cold-hearted badass assassin, but he is really the kindest character on the show by far.

"Kite would have never sacrificed himself for you" shows such unconventionality of a consolation. It has so many meanings I don't even know where to start....
End Zionazism
Sep 9, 2014 2:44 PM

Jan 2014
I freaking Love Ging, arguing with every one XD. He looks better without his hat on. Didn't really care about Alluka and Killua, but glad that was wrapped up. Only 2 more episodes left
Sep 9, 2014 2:51 PM

Sep 2011
Pariston crying... wow.

I think the part where Ging told Gon about Kite's power is true but...

I still think that he still died and reincarnated to an ant.
And his power has nothing to do with it.
Sep 9, 2014 2:52 PM

Mar 2012
What a tearjerker eps, damn.. Is that Phinks? lol

Claude_KennySep 9, 2014 2:55 PM
Keep moving forward
Sep 9, 2014 2:56 PM

Dec 2013
Gon and Ging's reunion was hilarious! Poor something. Kinda sad to see this coming to an end.
Sep 9, 2014 3:03 PM

Jul 2010
Ahh, I cried so hard at the end!

I thought the most emotional part of the episode would be Gon and Ging's reunion, but nope, totally went to Killua and Something. So incredibly beautiful. It made me so happy that even Tsubone was touched.
I swear I couldn't love Killua more.

Can't believe only two episodes left. ;_;
Sep 9, 2014 3:04 PM

Dec 2013
This was a really sweet episode, haven't had such a feel-good episode of HxH in a looong time :)

The meeting between Gon and Ging was sort of anti-climatic, but it was nice and light hearted. GonYUSoFriggin'Cute.
This entire 13th Chairman Election saga has been very meh for me though.

The scene between Killua and Nanika was too much :| Didn't expect Nanika to even have a personality :/ It was sweet all the same. I suppose Nanika is his sister too~
Killua is really the best pony in this show <3
Dem feels doe ;_;
Sep 9, 2014 3:05 PM

Apr 2012
The feels during that last scene....Something <3

Lol at everyone trying to bully Ging....Did they forget he could kick all their asses

I am really going to miss this show...This is arguably the best anime I have ever watched
Sep 9, 2014 3:15 PM

Jan 2013
I laughed with the scene of Ging saying that Kite would hit Gon again.

MH ruined the beginning of the series and don't make any effort to fix the scene.
Sep 9, 2014 3:15 PM

Jul 2007
Feels X Feels. That was way too sentimental. Killua is a boss. (not like this is something new but w/e) Only 2 episodes left of the best shounen ever aired. And I doubt that any other shounen come pass it. Such a shame.
Sep 9, 2014 3:19 PM

Jun 2014
Omg so many amazing things in this episode where do I start?
Well firstly, I love how everyone was reprimanding Ging. Hilarious!
When Pariston was first introduced I was skeptical, I didn't really liked him as a character, but Togashi, being the genius he is, managed to completely turn my feelings around for him. Pariston is an amazingly intelligent, unique and interesting character in my opinion. I loved how he simply resigned from being chairman at the end haha!
Last, but certainly not least, that scene with Killua and Alluka/Nanika was absolutely beautiful! I never really regarded Nanika as a person with feelings (I mean come on her name means 'something'), but that last scene made me feel so sorry for her, she's so sweet and complying! I honestly thought she would get angry and have a tantrum at Killua (and considering her ability that would be disastrous) but she didn't, she simply agreed never to come out again.
Overall An amazing episode but I kind of miss Kurapika.
Sep 9, 2014 3:25 PM

May 2012
*Sniff* That damn scene with Killua and Alluka freakin killed me! lol.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 9, 2014 3:28 PM

Jun 2009
I was all set to come in here and say I didn't like the episode, mostly because I didn't care for a lot of these events in the manga. Then the scene with Killua, Alluka, and Nanika happened. Damn.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Sep 9, 2014 3:28 PM

Oct 2009
Troll level: Pariston.

Well done episode overall.

I think the dialogue between Gon and Ging was a bit different in the manga, eg: Gon did say that Kite turned into a little girl. I think it makes more sense in the anime, it was a small plot hole in the manga.
Sep 9, 2014 3:39 PM

Jan 2012
GenT-san said:
What a tearjerker eps, damn.. Is that Phinks? lol

haha it's a conspiracy!

great episode overall. pariston come back magic man ;_;

The_Mad_Wizard said:
Pariston crying... wow.

I think the part where Ging told Gon about Kite's power is true but...

I still think that he still died and reincarnated to an ant.
And his power has nothing to do with it.

I agree as well.
you sound poor
Sep 9, 2014 3:48 PM

Jun 2014
Pariston is dat nigga. Too bad ill probably never see him again after this ep. Same with Ging. I feel like the ending to this anime is too abrupt. Hopefully its just going to be on a small hiatus or thats just whack. Phantom Troupe my fav villains are like irrelevant now. Man too many ends not tied up
Sep 9, 2014 3:54 PM

May 2013
Gon and Ging's meeting was so goofy, thought so in the manga and still think that now. I almost sort of love it, since it's such a bait and switch anticlimax of the goal that set us on this wonderful journey. But it's goofy and silly as shit.

Luckily, Zoldyck side of things brought the feels. I'm way more invested in Killua's relationship with Nanika and Alluka than I ever was in the manga, so good going on -- once again -- improving the material Madhouse.

VERY excited for next episode. Judging from the preview, they're going to be covering an extremely important scene, and based on the tone of the narration, they're going to be executing it with more panache and reverence than Togashi did in the manga. I've got faith Madhouse: work your magic.
Sep 9, 2014 3:58 PM

Dec 2013
Lol that asshole Killua :D
Sep 9, 2014 4:07 PM

May 2010
Forever_A said:

MH ruined the beginning of the series and don't make any effort to fix the scene.

What did he mean by "again"?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Sep 9, 2014 4:09 PM

Jun 2014
Confucius said:
Forever_A said:

What did he mean by "again"?

Kite smacked the shit out of Gon when he was a kid for trynna fuck around with bears
Sep 9, 2014 4:13 PM

Nov 2011
Well, I ended up enjoying this episode far more than I expected to.

The meeting between Gon and Ging was probably the most surprising part. It seemed very believable and Ging actually gave Gon some good advice, though I'd have to agree with the crowd (which was hilarious) that Ging is a horrible father. (As a side note, I thought it was interesting that he too had spiky hair.)

I do wonder about Kite's ability. I don't think that's what saved him, but still.

Pariston is a troll to the core. Even his remorse involves his being unable to "play with" Netero. Still, this confirms his character, and I think I can say I like him as a character. He could make a rather interesting/entertaining villain. (Also, Cheadle seems kinda obnoxious. Just sayin'.)

I have mixed feelings concerning Alluka and Nanika. While the scene was touching, Nanika's mere existence appears to be very overpowered and balance-breaking. It doesn't even seem related to nen (though I'm still guessing it is). While it may be too late for the anime, hopefully this will be explained or better balanced somehow in the manga.

Only two episodes are left. It's so sad to see this come to a close. x.x
Sep 9, 2014 4:25 PM

Jan 2014
Pariston finally became chairman only to give up the role. That was sad indeed. Anyway, his prospects for the future are great, and it is nice to see this anime finally wrapped up. On to the Pariston spin-off series!
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - Yesterday

41 by animeboilolz »»
39 minutes ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

43 by Angra_Shadow »»
Yesterday, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.