May 2008
wha?
Oct 29, 2009 1:02 PM

Apr 2008
I know, seems horrible.

I liked only Kigeki
Oct 29, 2009 1:07 PM

Nov 2008
Yeah wtf with title? It's first time I heard about this Sweat Punch.
I always heard Kigeki or Comedy but never Sweat Punch: Kigeki!!!?!
Nov 1, 2009 3:05 PM
Feb 2009
What the hell is that doing in there?
Sounds like a Mario Brothers attack =___=
Nov 3, 2009 5:28 AM

Apr 2008
Sadly, I think its because its part of a compilation, like memories, all 3 memories shorts also have Memories attached... Just ugly.
Nov 3, 2009 6:20 PM

May 2008
So what are the other " Sweat Punch" ? I gotta see those. lol
Nov 4, 2009 2:38 PM

Jun 2008
Yes, wtf indeed. Who the hell changed the title to this retarded Sweat Punch? It ruins all the beauty of this animation. Change it back. Now.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Nov 6, 2009 3:16 AM

Nov 2008
OKay so basically it's because Kigeki is a part of a collection of OAV producted by Studio 4°C, that's why it's called Sweat Punch: Kigeki now:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweat_Punch

Fuck Studio 4°C, they could have choose a better title for this collection of OAV <_<
HooHiraiBunnyDec 21, 2009 4:32 AM
Dec 7, 2009 4:26 PM

Jul 2008
HooHiraiBunny said:

Fuck Studio 4°C, they could have choosed a better title for this collection of OAV <_<

Agree...
My candies:
Dec 21, 2009 12:58 AM

Aug 2008
Go complain to Studio 4°C...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Dec 21, 2009 3:11 PM

Jun 2008
thefallofadamxx said:
who combined these? the only good one so far was kigeki, and combining good with crap is intolerable.
How lovely, yes indeed. Only an idiot could do such a thing. These 5 shorts are completely different from each other, reason why considering and rating all of them as 1 is non-sense. Just look at all the characters and cast mixed together. lmao.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Dec 25, 2009 11:21 AM

May 2009
How am I supposed to rate Kigeki a good score now? :P
Dec 25, 2009 11:27 AM

Nov 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:
thefallofadamxx said:
who combined these? the only good one so far was kigeki, and combining good with crap is intolerable.
How lovely, yes indeed. Only an idiot could do such a thing. These 5 shorts are completely different from each other, reason why considering and rating all of them as 1 is non-sense. Just look at all the characters and cast mixed together. lmao.
Go complain to Studio 4°C.
They're the one who putted 5 completely different short movie in the same collection.
MAL has to follow a guideline in order to have consistency.
Dec 28, 2009 1:26 AM
Apr 2009
lol "putted"

I don't see what's the big deal. Except less +1s for your completed list.
Jan 2, 2010 9:19 PM

Apr 2008
thefallofadamxx said:

Wtf, did you really saw em?
Jan 2, 2010 9:26 PM
Apr 2009
They're all on youtube except the last one. Had to download that one.
Jan 10, 2010 12:54 AM

Feb 2008
So where did the title "Sweat Punch" arise from? I have the R2 DVD and there's no mention of that phrase anywhere on the packaging. The most prominent text on the spine of the DVD case is "Deep Imagination".
Jan 10, 2010 2:31 AM

Aug 2008
wiki said:
Sweat Punch (スウェットパンチ) is a series of five Studio 4°C shorts collected in January 2007 as a direct-to-DVD package film entitled Deep Imagination. The first four shorts had previously featured on the 4-volume "DVD magazine" series, Grasshoppa! (グラスホッパー!), with one Sweat Punch episode per Grasshoppa! DVD. Upon collection and release in 2007's Deep Imagination, a fifth short was added to the Sweat Punch series.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 10, 2010 4:15 AM

Jan 2010
So, where I can download/watch those from? (unsure)
Jan 13, 2010 9:18 AM

Nov 2008
hard said:
So, where I can download/watch those from? (unsure)
First 4 are on youtube, just search for (title) + "punch"

Back to topic.

They should keep those entries separate, coz they were different movies before and have almost nothing in common. It would be like releasing both My Neighbour Totoro and Ghost in the Shell together, calling it X, and then requesting they should be treated as one thing, "X".

"Have you seen X?"
"No, only the second part, I just happened to buy it when they were sold separately."
Meh.
Jan 15, 2010 12:58 PM

Feb 2008
@vytah: If the official Studio 4°C homepage says it's one series, who are we to argue. Not to mention the DVD package that has all 5 episodes.

http://www.studio4c.co.jp/english - Works - Deep Imagination

We might change the title to Deep Imagination but the entry stays merged.
Mar 9, 2010 3:37 PM

Jun 2008
I like it and marked 10 but kigeki was great!
Jul 3, 2010 8:06 PM

Jan 2008
Meh, this sucks. I just tried to watch the rest of the OVAs and I couldn't even finish the first one. So I just dropped it and deleted the score. Pity for Kigeki and the 7 I gave it long ago.
Jul 13, 2010 2:13 AM

Jun 2010
I enjoyed all except for Punch 2, and that was more on the basis of the music and characters. Obviously I loved Kigeki like veryone, but I also appreciated Punch 4 and Punch 5. All in all granted Punch 3 takes the spotlight and most never bother to see the rest, I think all offer differences that should be enjoyed by all anime fans.
Sep 5, 2010 5:45 AM

May 2008
brecho said:
So there is no way to split it into separate series again? I'd give Kigeki (Comedy) at least 9/10 but if I have to rate Sweat Punch as a whole it drops to 4/10. Who is that "smart" guy who put it all as a single series?

I totally agree about this.
Nov 12, 2010 1:58 AM

Aug 2008
RenaPsychoKiller said:
thefallofadamxx said:

canephalanx said:
brecho said:
So there is no way to split it into separate series again? I'd give Kigeki (Comedy) at least 9/10 but if I have to rate Sweat Punch as a whole it drops to 4/10. Who is that "smart" guy who put it all as a single series?

I totally agree about this.

MAL really needs to learn that common sense > official lunacy. Yes, there are guidelines, but rational thought is supposed to be something humans excel at (relative to other species, of course). Kara no Kyoukai is in seven pieces while five dissimilar anime are forced into one title which must be rated as one? Most of the ratings are obviously old ones for Kigeki, not ones for Sweat Punch as a whole. Considering Kara no Kyoukai and any anime with DVD/Bluray-only episodes, or even the two Code Geass summary episodes that aired on television just like the other 25 did this really should never have been merged. I strongly suspect that this can't be reversed at all easily, either. Nonsense like this is why one is always better off looking on AniDB rather than MAL first for reliable anime information.

vytah said:
Back to topic.

They should keep those entries separate, coz they were different movies before and have almost nothing in common. It would be like releasing both My Neighbour Totoro and Ghost in the Shell together, calling it X, and then requesting they should be treated as one thing, "X".

"Have you seen X?"
"No, only the second part, I just happened to buy it when they were sold separately."
Meh.

Close. "Tonari no Haka" ("My Neighbor's Grave" or "Grave of the Neighbor" lol) is the Sweat Punch equivalent you're looking for. My Neighbor Totoro and Grave of the Fireflies were first shown in theaters back to back. MAL, you know what you have to do...

If you're stingy then click on CLuClu!
Please consider supporting the end of disenfranchisement on MAL.
Purpose is subjective, therefore quality is subjective.
Dec 16, 2010 10:48 PM

Oct 2009
I'm fully agreed with Daisuki-chan. Also we may recall other similar compilations with different directors and storys like Animatrix or Robot Carnival, but they have some common idea or topic,– while Deep Animation episodes don't have either,– and were showed as parts of the whole, when Sweet Punch are just separate episodes with different airing dates, that where later, by any reason, decided to be combined under one title.
But, it should be wrong to treat all alike, because every work is special and demands a separate approach. What is right for one is not necessarily right for another. And what is this site for, after all? Is it just official catalogue of released anime productions, or, as I thought, and as I dared to hope, it is fan site, created by fans for other fans? If so, than I only ask you to think one more time, what guidelines and principles should we have, and accordingly consider this particular case.
RenaPsychoKiller said:
These 5 shorts are completely different from each other, reason why considering and rating all of them as 1 is non-sense.
SerhiykoDec 16, 2010 10:53 PM
Mar 3, 2011 12:11 AM

Sep 2009
I love this collection so god damn much.

Anime needs more "One shots" "Skits" "Short Stores"
It just doesn't have enough.

Well it has plenty of short stories that are parts of larger existing stories. But those don't count.
Jul 20, 2012 5:58 PM

Apr 2012
So is the compilation called both Sweat Punch AND Deep Imagination?

In what contexts do you call it SP or DI, or they both the same damn thing??
Dec 2, 2013 10:08 PM

Nov 2010
Wow this thread is full of bitching. They don't have to have a common theme in the anime to warrant them being together. And it's such a delicious sounding name too, I would prefer Deep Imagination myself though.

Blackouting said:
So is the compilation called both Sweat Punch AND Deep Imagination?

In what contexts do you call it SP or DI, or they both the same damn thing??
I know you probably don't need this answer but I'll answer it for anyone new who visits the thread. Yes it's both, it's a synonym, you can use either or.
Dec 4, 2013 2:22 AM

Aug 2008
The bitching is mainly because it hurts the site's functionality/usefulness. They weren't a single set in the first place (meaning when they came out, not just on MAL), so people didn't treat them as such. Because of this, people mostly completed only certain things in the set (most prominently Kigeki, aka Comedy), and therefore can not rate the set as a whole well, even if they only saw one thing. If they saw multiple things then the uneven quality is another large factor. Basically, it makes more sense as it is on AniDB, where they are separate pages, are listed as relations of each other, and can be rated separately. The idea that they're a set is simply a convenience or ploy for sales, not any real artistic state.

If you're stingy then click on CLuClu!
Please consider supporting the end of disenfranchisement on MAL.
Purpose is subjective, therefore quality is subjective.
Apr 30, 2014 8:42 AM

Nov 2011
What exactly is the title of this OVA series? Sweat Punch? Or is it DEEP IMAGINATION? Or is DEEP IMAGINATION the name of the DVD package? What???

Judging by http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/STUDIO_4%E2%84%83#OVA, it most likely is DEEP IMAGINATION. But then according to the STUDIO4℃ site itself, http://www.studio4c.co.jp/works/grasshoppa/, there's no "DEEP IMAGINATION" found by ctrl+f, and only スウェットパンチ (Sweat Punch).

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sweat Punch Episode 3 Discussion

Gyarutsundere - Aug 3, 2016

7 by enrosurobakia »»
Feb 1, 2:11 PM

Poll: » Sweat Punch Episode 1 Discussion

Retro8bit - Sep 16, 2009

33 by Stardew »»
Jul 18, 2022 7:29 PM

Poll: » Sweat Punch Episode 5 Discussion

Retro8bit - Sep 9, 2009

19 by mich1ru »»
Apr 16, 2022 5:55 PM

Poll: » Sweat Punch Episode 4 Discussion

Retro8bit - Sep 11, 2009

17 by Catalyze »»
Aug 3, 2021 8:56 PM

Poll: » Sweat Punch Episode 2 Discussion

RenaPsychoKiller - Dec 14, 2009

21 by Catalyze »»
Aug 3, 2021 8:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.